Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Why is it so easy to feel sympathy for John Boehner? He was a dick. Frequently. But I can't help but want to believe he's happier these days.

:ssh: Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

prefect posted:

Why is it so easy to feel sympathy for John Boehner? He was a dick. Frequently. But I can't help but want to believe he's happier these days.

it's a nice narrative

badguy politician who's also a catholic goes and talks to the pope and then quits politics

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

prefect posted:

just imagine hes cucking u

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

SpaceGoku posted:

it's a nice narrative

badguy politician who's also a catholic goes and talks to the pope and then quits politics

drat, I'm waiting for McConnell's come-to-Jesus moment.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eE6QzDrT_x8

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

prefect posted:

Boehner is a little orange creature that constantly looks like he's on the verge of tears, which pretty much makes him a sympathetic cartoon alien.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

his name is literally boner

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

You could easily slot him into a cheap mid-90s E.T. ripoff called Speaker, about a little alien named Speaker who loves Jack in the Box and R.C. Cola and teaches four kids a lesson about branding.

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
So I subscribed to the print edition of Jacaobin, on the back of the current issue is the following:

"What I'm doing is about as close as you're going to get to the quality of Versailles." - Donald Trump

:getin:

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

punchymcpunch posted:

his name is literally boner

unironically, his highschool football nickname was boner

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

oliwan posted:

Health update:

Just went to see the dentist because my wisdom tooth is hurting, this cost €0.

The dentist says my wisdom tooth is hosed up and my poo poo is inflamed, so we made an appointment for next week with the jaw surgeon to remove it, this will cost €0.

Then the dentist prescribed me some antibiotics that i need to take for a week, plus 50 tablets of ibuprofen 600. I picked those up at the farmacy, this cost me €10 :(

What does it feel like to not be free?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He would communicate largely in a seagull-like screeching and at one point in the film Scotty Pippin would be there, very briefly.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

I did a thing posted:

So I subscribed to the print edition of Jacaobin, on the back of the current issue is the following:

"What I'm doing is about as close as you're going to get to the quality of Versailles." - Donald Trump

The Sunchip King

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

I did a thing posted:

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
I love my retarded, hosed up, dysfunctional government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

So why are less educated whites poisoning themselves to death with drugs, alcohol and sugar? They outline a process of cumulative deprivation beginning after the 1970s that is rooted in the steady deterioration in job opportunities for people with low education. Men with less economic prospects became less marriageable resulting in single-motherhood becoming the norm. Declining economic opportunities also coincided with the erosion of traditional community structures that provided meaning and stabilty for many poor folks. Case and Deaton cite data suggesting that "half of the men who are out of the labor force are taking pain medication, and two thirds of those take prescription painkiller, such as opioids."

"Defunding Obamacre is definitely a good idea." — Some depressed, unmarriageable white guy.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

oliwan posted:

Health update:

The dentist says my wisdom tooth is hosed up and my poo poo is inflamed, so we made an appointment for next week with the jaw surgeon to remove it, this will cost €0.

Then the dentist prescribed me some antibiotics that i need to take for a week, plus 50 tablets of ibuprofen 600. I picked those up at the farmacy, this cost me €10 :(

Do you pay VAT? Some other sort of additional tax?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Addamere posted:

"Defunding Obamacre is definitely a good idea." — Some depressed, unmarriageable white guy.

It's pretty sad that it's exactly what's going to happen to the rest of America lol

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I did a thing posted:

versailles comma the treaty of

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Addamere posted:

huh? i nevar sed that

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

haha i make little joke, i know it doesnt mean me

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/845230803412041732

Lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I really need to get his book; people rave about how great it is.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

It's pretty sad that it's exactly what's going to happen to the rest of America lol

get hype for the ahca! :w00t:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/rickklein/status/845231463314411521

I hope we make our way to the fourth "final offer" from trump, aka "the ultimate closer"

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Mulvaney right now on CBS:

Q: What about stripping Essential Health Benefits?

A: This is good because it lets states decide and many already require EHBs!

Q: Um ok, so what about states that don't require something like maternity coverage, what are you supposed to do? Move?

A: No, Change it! Make a change to your state legislature.

:trumppop:

loving awful people

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Addamere posted:

get hype for the ahca! :w00t:

*hyping intensifies*

*dies of an opiate overdose*

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
When are they voting on this turd?

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

rear end cobra posted:

When are they voting on this turd?

I heard lots of procedural votes scheduled for the morning and actual vote will be around 2-4 pm.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

oliwan posted:

Health update:

It may have cost you 0 monopoly bucks or whatever but you paid for it another way....... with you're freedom!!!!!

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

SpaceGoku posted:

https://twitter.com/rickklein/status/845231463314411521

I hope we make our way to the fourth "final offer" from trump, aka "the ultimate closer"

this is the outcome I'm rooting for

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

starting a war is harder than <fuckturd characters so maybe we ok

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Has there been any update in the last few hours to the expected "no" count? Last I saw last night was that 10 HFC members were moving toward "yes".

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

well obamacare is staying our work is do-

https://twitter.com/business/status/845234596744704001

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

oliwan posted:

Health update:

Went to the doctor and pharmacy and still paid about $30 but that nothing compared to if I had no insurance

Also since everything was for brain reasons basically (insomnia), lol

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Fireside Nut posted:

Mulvaney right now on CBS:

Q: What about stripping Essential Health Benefits?

A: This is good because it lets states decide and many already require EHBs!

Q: Um ok, so what about states that don't require something like maternity coverage, what are you supposed to do? Move?

A: No, Change it! Make a change to your state legislature.

:trumppop:

loving awful people

LOL. I still can't believe if this passes it won't affect blue states nearly as much, and will make red states into blighted lands of misery and disease like something out of Monty Python.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Offkorn posted:

Do you pay VAT? Some other sort of additional tax?

You mean for healthcare? Yes, health insurance is mandatory and shared between employee and employer. If you dont work, i.e. receive unemployment benefits, it's free.

(This is in Berlin btw, although I'm not German. Thank u EU)

edit: the insurance amount is a percentage of your income btw, about 8%

Serf
May 5, 2011

Addamere posted:

eventually this will come to a head, but the question is whether or not anything can be done when that time comes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/ToTheTopCarlos/status/845235455834669057

• Locked thread