Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Glazier posted:

Hey 23% is great for a country founded on brutal race based slavery and has only tried to enforce our civil rights for 60 years.

Be fair, the country was founded on brutal non-racial slavery to a greater degree.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indentured_servitude_in_the_Americas

The real upsurge in brutal racial slavery came post-founding after the non-racial slavery got unpopular. Then the brutal racial slavery was replaced with brutal wage slavery and child slavery when the racial slavery got unpopular.

Really the country hasn't quite reached a century of being truly slavery-free at this point. It wasn't until after the great depression that working conditions started to really get out of the sweatshop level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i think it's good the fat videogame racist damaged his own livelihood because respectable people don't want to be involved with fat video game racists

i also think it's funny lol

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Please do not link this man's okcupid here. tyty

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
i thought jontron was the fat kid from mega64 but i don't think he is. i guess this world is big enough for 2 fat nintendo retards after all.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Rocco is a harmless video game lover

jontron is made of crueler things!!!!

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
i got news for ya pal

they're both fat goatee-having nerds who hold extreme opinions on video games

World Kraid Center
Oct 18, 2009
Now that Jon Tron has been properly eviscerated by 30 pages of calm, articulate goon counter-arguments and his career effectively ended like how nonviolent conservatives deserve I think we should shift focus to the next sexist, racist, Islamophobic bigot on the rise

Dave Chappelle

He isn't pale, overweight, or a Video Gamer but he said very bad things so he must be wearing some kind of disguise just like his ilk wore at the beer hall in munich

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

i got news for ya pal

they're both fat goatee-having nerds who hold extreme opinions on video games

:wth:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

World Kraid Center posted:

Now that Jon Tron has been properly eviscerated by 30 pages of calm, articulate goon counter-arguments and his career effectively ended like how nonviolent conservatives deserve I think we should shift focus to the next sexist, racist, Islamophobic bigot on the rise

Dave Chappelle

He isn't pale, overweight, or a Video Gamer but he said very bad things so he must be wearing some kind of disguise just like his ilk wore at the beer hall in munich
cant believe that people don't want to be associated with the neckbeard ranting about white genocide and how black people are innately criminal and it was bad for his "career" it's so unjust :(

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009

Oh good, what did that washed up wretch from days gone past have to say?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont know who this random internet man is and despite 30 pages of goon thread, I struggle to give a poo poo

Salem Saberhagen
Feb 23, 2009
He deserves it. That's all that matters.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Salem Saberhagen posted:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Salem Saberhagen posted:

Get this: he said something and someone else didn't like it! Yikes! :yikes:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grem posted:

Hey I hate to be "that other guy", but seriously who?

did u know that theres this thing called an internet search engine thats on the internet thats lets your search for things like for instance matybe the name that you dont recognized god bless

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

i got news for ya pal

we're both fat goatee-having nerds who hold extreme opinions on video games

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

"I want to be racist but don't make me feel bad." Ok man we get it.

"Racist" is the white persons "friend of the family"

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
They are both goons so I dunno why you are holding them up on a pedestal I mean jethuth chritht

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's still patently absurd to equate Jon's opinion to Nazism. It's hyperbolic to an extreme and it also demonstrates a shocking lack of nuance to our current social political climate, if anyone who voices an even remotely conservative viewpoint is immediately equated to a fascist, and thus should be punished harshly, silenced at once, ridiculed and ostracized.

Because those are things that good people do.

He believes black people are genetically predisposed to crime, that white genocide is real, that latinos have to be deported to maintain the white majority of America and that white cultures are superior to other cultures. While those may not be the traditional views of the NSDAP they're not far off either and are certainly the views of someone who is deeply racist. I'm sorry if that word hurts your feelings or whatever but those are racist beliefs through and through and the current zeitgeist is that we don't accept open racism or allow it to go unchallenged.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
When I was young, we used to enjoy watching idiots self destruct on the internet. Now we're all "too cool"?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tired Moritz posted:

When I was young, we used to enjoy watching idiots self destruct on the internet. Now we're all "too cool"?

they were on public access tv and now youtube is public access tv :george:

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

dang i heard donald trumpw as just removed as a voice actor on yankee wowzah

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

When someone's bein like "he wasn't an NSDAP member from 1920-1945 he isn't technically a Nazi" I'm all whaaaat you're weeeeeeird (and maybe also a nazi???)

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I have a boner what should I do about it

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Whoops wrong thread can someone link me to the Zelda trans thread

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
We killed all the nazis already - white person that hate blacks

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
all my friends who have kids say their kids are obsessed with watching unboxing videos of toys and other kids playing with the toys. lame but not as lame as video game youtube personalities.

but that could also be cause poor.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

scott zoloft posted:

all my friends who have kids say their kids are obsessed with watching unboxing videos of toys and other kids playing with the toys. lame but not as lame as video game youtube personalities.

but that could also be cause poor.

That's a lot of it I think, there is no middle class anymore and a lot of people can only experience the latest consoles or smartphones or children's toys vicariously. :(

vvv It's crazy to me to watch old sitcoms where the richest people in town live in three bedroom ranch houses and are part of the same social circle as everyone else. vvv

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Mar 24, 2017

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

maybe it's bcuz every1 is a money hungry rear end in a top hat now not like back in the old days when they were just strong sturdy men living in the desert eating beans shooting people w tans

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Caesar Saladin posted:

jon's not a nazi, he just says like, a ton of the exact same stuff that nazis sincerely say to eachother in their meetings

Tell us more about what Nazis say at their meetings, it sounds like you've been.

A Pale Horse posted:

He believes black people are genetically predisposed to crime,

I don't recall him saying that.

quote:

that white genocide is real, that latinos have to be deported to maintain the white majority of America and that white cultures are superior to other cultures.

Also don't recall him saying that, although I do believe he suggested he thinks American culture is superior to other cultures? Is that such a terrible position?

quote:

I'm sorry if that word hurts your feelings or whatever but those are racist beliefs through and through and the current zeitgeist is that we don't accept open racism or allow it to go unchallenged.

Who is "we" here? The fact is is that he isn't a Nazi, you can't just say everyone who you don't like or agree with is a Nazi, it doesn't make sense and it dilutes the word. People feel you can justifiably be violent towards Nazis, so if you say somebody is one, you're very well suggesting to others that they are worth being violent towards.

Again, the guy voiced. Opinions. That you don't like. That's all. "We don't accept open racism" oh well my apologies, my Lord, pray forgive these verbal trespasses but I don't recall electing you to the Decency Brigade.

And, again, I really find it disturbing that we hate differences of opinion so much that we'd rather see those who voice different opinions suffer for it. Again, I had asked, we enjoy a right to be able to speak freely in a public forum without fear of governmental reprisal; why is it then that we have taken it upon ourselves (and our corporate masters) to wield the tyrant's club?

Like, all of you who are so earnestly saying such and such is a Nazi, okay, but what part of being pro-censorship fascistic information-control zealots equates to "opposing Nazis" because I'm not sure I see it

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Tell us more about what Nazis say at their meetings, it sounds like you've been.

Also don't recall him saying that, although I do believe he suggested he thinks American culture is superior to other cultures? Is that such a terrible position?

Who is "we" here? The fact is is that he isn't a Nazi, you can't just say everyone who you don't like or agree with is a Nazi, it doesn't make sense and it dilutes the word. People feel you can justifiably be violent towards Nazis, so if you say somebody is one, you're very well suggesting to others that they are worth being violent towards.

Again, the guy voiced. Opinions. That you don't like. That's all. "We don't accept open racism" oh well my apologies, my Lord, pray forgive these verbal trespasses but I don't recall electing you to the Decency Brigade.

Stop sealioning, if you can't be intellectually honest just gently caress off.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Glazier posted:

Stop sealioning

You made that up

EDIT: Also how come every time I make a point that is difficult or complicated to address, I'm immediately accused of being intellectually dishonest? Or not "arguing in good faith" is this code for "I don't like to think outside of my very narrow box of beliefs"?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

ya stop being a sealion man i'm not looking that up in urban dcitoinary right now

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

8-Bit Scholar posted:

And, again, I really find it disturbing that we hate differences of opinion so much that we'd rather see those who voice different opinions suffer for it. Again, I had asked, we enjoy a right to be able to speak freely in a public forum without fear of governmental reprisal; why is it then that we have taken it upon ourselves (and our corporate masters) to wield the tyrant's club?

Like, all of you who are so earnestly saying such and such is a Nazi, okay, but what part of being pro-censorship fascistic information-control zealots equates to "opposing Nazis" because I'm not sure I see it

JonTron isn't being censored, you giant baby.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
ARP ARP ARRRP

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

quote:

8 bit scholar

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Jimmy Hats posted:

ARP ARP ARRRP

wow great more sealioning in the face of my articulate points of inquiry and debates into this fat gaoty man

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
8-Bit, since you're as bad at googling as you are at stand-up comedy, here: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sealioning

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
^^^ Thank you for explaining the fake term that was just invented last year.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

social vegan posted:

wow great more sealioning in the face of my articulate points of inquiry and debates into this fat gaoty man

*continues to clap my lovely fingerless hands at you*

• Locked thread