Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

Nuclear arbok is one of the few good things about this game. :colbert:

it has the wrong loving symbol on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

PoptartsNinja posted:

Fomantis is the best. :kimchi:

It's the first grass type I've ever voluntarily used for more than a single gym.
I think you will find it is objectively inferior to Queen of the Kickfruit :colbert:

(It's a close second, but still).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's clearly nuclear.

The position of its pupil just makes me think of :iamafag:

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.

LAY-ZX posted:

It's a venomous snake. Venom is a biohazard.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

loquacius posted:

The position of its pupil just makes me think of :iamafag:

Now I'm blowing up nuclear-form sprites to get a better look at their eyes. The game makes a point of mentioning that they're blank.

I think Chyinmunk is the hardest blank there is, and I think it works, in that the normally cute critter is now kind of unsettling.

Most of them are like Palij here. The pupil is still missing, but I guess the white is supposed to be light shining on the eyeball?

Palij and its evolved form Pajay have nuclear sprites but they don't ever show up as nuclear Pokemon. Nuclear Pajay uses an older design. Pahar, the first form, doesn't have a nuclear sprite.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Palij and its evolved form Pajay have nuclear sprites but they don't ever show up as nuclear Pokemon. Nuclear Pajay uses an older design. Pahar, the first form, doesn't have a nuclear sprite.
"Oh, it sounds like Pidgey. That's lame."

Now I'm imagining a peacock like Pokemon (kinda like Unfezant) who looks either like a king or a queen, depending on gender. Name it Partliege.

You only find it by headbutting fruit trees. :iamafag:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Alex0080 posted:

My MSPaint homage to all of the Fakemon posted in this thread that wanted to be Digimon.

Digital Hazard Nuclear Arbok

It looks like it's wearing a little tie. Business Snake is ready for business.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Alex0080 posted:

My MSPaint homage to all of the Fakemon posted in this thread that wanted to be Digimon.

Digital Hazard Nuclear Arbok

Guilmon's seen better days.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

The Vinoville Gym's puzzle is pushing a button to reveal these passageways for a brief moment, lest you fall off.

I don't like it because Uranium doesn't exactly control precisely.

Third ant evolution, and the move it needs to evolve. Wild Charge is most things' best physical electric move.

That's what we call "damning with faint praise" in the industry.

As evidenced by the first trainer using a bug/electric Pokemon, this gym focuses on Steel and Psychic.

A lot of S51s, which resist grass and are immune to ground, but Deeznuts has Crabhammer pretty much just for them.

Uh huh.

Also he's named after Guns 'n' Roses's guitarist. I dunno, it needs three or four more references.

NO

Eventually after bulldozing over a bunch of S51 and Dearewls and Comites we finally get to Sheldon.

He reiterates his characterization.

OFSelects: Judas Priest - Metal Meltdown

This is on the high end of physical Psychic moves. Damming with faint praise, again. Nothing Psychic in Uranium has higher physical than special attack, and they all get Psychic The Move, so it's whatever.

So when getting pummeled by low-power physical moves, why not buff attack and defense at the same time? When a nonghost uses Curse, it's like Bulk Up but with a speed drop. Deeznuts is already slow as hell, so he's just getting to pummel poo poo and is highly resistant to harm.

Gararewl is the evolved form of Dearewl. It's... uh... A horse with one very long hair? It's lost the rock type. It's Uranium's sole mono-steel Pokemon, and thus, the only non-nuclear Pokemon to resist nuclear damage.

The only thing.

Iron Defense is a huge defense boost, which sorta is a problem when Dig takes two turns.

Metal Whip is Gararewl's signature move. It's wrap & friends with a relatively decent power.

Eventually, Crabhammer crits, which ignores defense boosts.

Cometeor is Comtie's evolved form. It's weak to grass.

OH gently caress HE HAS HIS OWN BACKHOE DRAGON

So, yeah, after Cali had a Pokemon that could still evolve, Sheldon has MEGAWEAPON.

Oh right, Tracton gets this at level 33, an attack boosting move that makes its already high speed even higher.

On a thing with two weaknesses. at least you have good TMs for it?

Deeznuts gets it with one Dig because of Curse.

Whew.

Sheldon is shocked by our strength and thanks us for the interesting event.

Uh... yay?

Note: as soon as we talk to said kid, poo poo goes down. If you're making the mistake of playing this, you might want to make sure you got Dig.

It's Theo obv. He lost to Sheldon at... some point.

He's really frustrated by how he's struggling and how no one really respects him.

Also his dad may be dead, since he was at Epsilon when it exploded and there's been no word from him since.

Then explosion.

Indeed, there are sirens real faint in the distance. Play this real quiet. That idea.

There are two copies of this sound effect in two different folders. I'm not sure which one is actually used.

The ranger theme is playing again. I hate it so much. It's just so loud and high-energy for its short loop and how frequently it plays.

Thanks for expositing on why you have a bird that isn't native to Tandor, this was useful information to convey when we're being hosed up by whatever happened.

The catastrophe was totally a surprise and caught everyone off-guard.

PU-Vinoville=[.ogg

In one of the good ideas this game has, the music for this screen is an uncomfortable version of Vinoville's normal music. It's eerie and haunting, as it should be.

Now if it did things like this more often instead of nuclear event and the ranger theme any time anything loving happens, but, uh, it doesn't.

PU-Legen Town.ogg
And just like that it's over and we're back to rather plain covers of actual Pokemon music - Dewford Town in this case.

And now we're back to the ranger theme, jfc.

You know Uranium isn't for babies since it uses bad words. :twisted:

They mention steel types specifically, even though being good at battling Nuclear Pokemon is about being fast and strong.

Sheldon steps forth, and he reveals his character arc:

He actually liked Vinoville all along, hence why he terrorized its population and openly bemoaned it.

How do you be tsundere towards your residence?

They tell Theo to stay because he just a kid and he lacks a Tracton to make up for it.

The entrance is actually south of this building. Nice clear wording dudes!

I know it's common to keep interiors on the same map to save space, but they usually aren't visible from the doorway.

Oh look it's Dad again! Oh look ITS THE loving RANGER MUSIC AGAIN

Kellyn gladly lets his son into nuclear hazard zones in order to see his awesome skillz.

So we're back at another point where we have to fight fixed battles with wild nuclear Pokemon.

Route doesn't normally have Owten on it. How did it get here?

We're in a partner battle with Kellyn and his well-made sprites.

Emprilla is Uranium's Primeape evolution. It's, like, the least interesting direction to take Primeape's design - make it have a normal body and put a crown on it.

But it's fast with high attack, and that's all we need when dealing with the nuclear menace.

Another boring partner battle happens.

Maybe she noticed her own design and is protesting until she gets a new one?

Either way snakes show up.

Nuclear Arbok shows off its biohazard symbol, and Nuclear Barand is the only Nuclear/Dragon in the game.

Of course I have to have a nuclear dragon. Why would I not get a nuclear dragon?

And that's that, and route 11 is sealed until the post-game. Hope you liked it. Vinoville Town and Route 8 are also off-limits.

For our efforts he gives us-

An HM. Great, just what I wanted.

It's time to backtrack then go to Anthell!

But before that, poo poo's about to get seriously hosed.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I have no words.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

It's actually about ethics in Pokemon fan games

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this story loving sucks

nuclear power is bad, mkay

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

But before that, poo poo's about to get seriously hosed.
Not sure if I should be excited or terrified.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

uranium seems to have a 'thing' for giving canon pokemon evolutions of its own. they generally just really suck for the most part

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Suddenly having a loving backhoe thrown at you in gym 4 is one of the rudest things that this game does. Here's a fast sweeper that becomes the fastest motherfucker as time goes on. And has Shift Gear. Hope you're ready for it, or else get hosed!

god damnit. god loving damnit

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have no words.

I've plenty, but none I'll repeat here.

Holy poo poo though. Just... no.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

This game deserved the C&D.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FreezingInferno posted:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

It's kind of ironic since girls have done pretty well in or won whatever the Pokemon championship is called.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
That last on fire thing is a loving simba sprite from some other game isn't it? Don't lie to me OFS

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

FreezingInferno posted:

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Hmm, backtracking to the evil team discussion, it feels like Nuclear pokemon have taken their role as "recurring enemy the plot revolves around."

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I thought the hyperbole around the game was for the most part undeserved (cause hey, he lived the Baro dream of making his own Pokemon), but gently caress this game.

professor_curly
Mar 4, 2016

There he is!
We'll get to the evil team discussion. It is both more than you think and dumber than you can imagine.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!

quote:

The thing that gets me most about this is that from seeing Tie's playthrough, that's a Psychic trainer, so one of the worst possible trainer types to even try to make this kinda 'joke' with. It just screams "inside joke" or "jab at someone who annoyed the developer" at the top of its lungs.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Wait hang on a second. I thought Kellyn was the PC's dad. In that Double Battle, why does Kellyn(who i assume is the dorky kid wearing a Scouter) look younger than the player?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Llab posted:

Wait hang on a second. I thought Kellyn was the PC's dad. In that Double Battle, why does Kellyn(who i assume is the dorky kid wearing a Scouter) look younger than the player?

Because Kellyn is a real pokemon NPC from one of the Ranger games and they shoddily edited his sprite even though he should be about 20 years older via their dumbass story.

~Uranium~

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Also the mono steel type looks like a dratini edit and it's weirding me out

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Zore posted:

Because Kellyn is a real pokemon PC from one of the Ranger games and they shoddily edited his sprite even though he should be about 20 years older via their dumbass story.

~Uranium~

Fixed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Also the mono steel type looks like a dratini edit and it's weirding me out

everyone got so distracted by the terrible gamer girl own that we forgot to take time to spit on the weird ball helmet orb's final evolution of a horse

also why does it lose rock type when it's pre-evo already didn't really have any rock type signifiers either, that whole line is so stupid

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Unknown Quantity posted:

The thing that gets me most about this is that from seeing Tie's playthrough, that's a Psychic trainer, so one of the worst possible trainer types to even try to make this kinda 'joke' with. It just screams "inside joke" or "jab at someone who annoyed the developer" at the top of its lungs.

Or a really lovely homestuck reference maybe?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3kIFFXnc0
Like either way it's bad.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

everyone got so distracted by the terrible gamer girl own that we forgot to take time to spit on the weird ball helmet orb's final evolution of a horse

also why does it lose rock type when it's pre-evo already didn't really have any rock type signifiers either, that whole line is so stupid

No part of this line makes any sense. weird smug head becomes a...deer? a dog?? and then a.....horse??? is that a horse? And before I thought, ok, maybe the skin is the rock portion of it? But the skin is exactly the same in the final evolution!

Its like they realized, wait, we have no pure steel type, uhhhhhhhhh ok just remove the final version of this line's other typing

CoffeeAvenger
Nov 3, 2016
I know it's been said so many times already, but I just HAVE to say it too:

:fuckoff:

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
You got a nuclear dragon and didn't name it Godzilla? For shame.

Also... :cripes:

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
^^^^^^ E: But Tyranitar isn't in this game? :confused:

rannum posted:

Its like they realized, wait, we have no pure steel type, uhhhhhhhhh ok just remove the final version of this line's other typing

And it's really really weird they have no other pure-steel type because the game makes a point of saying steel and only steel resists nuclear, when there is one Pokemon that's pure steel and thus actually resistant to nuclear. This game's fetish for type pairs is at odds with the Nuclear type, which is really obvious if you use any half-decent Nuclear-type offensively.

And it's also a wrong statement, as nuclear resists itself!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Do the pokemon who are naturally nuclear also behave like dark pokemon, or is it just the CORRUPTED! ones?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Kurieg posted:

Do the pokemon who are naturally nuclear also behave like dark pokemon, or is it just the CORRUPTED! ones?

Just the ones who are rad, though that's every Nuclear Pokemon we've encountered thus far.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Also he's named after Guns 'n' Roses's guitarist. I dunno, it needs three or four more references.

At this rate, I'd bet he's actually just named after the Chrono Trigger character, the designer doesn't know what Guns 'n' Roses is because it's not an anime (and he doesn't watch JJBA because there's no panty shots so he never saw the musical references there), and it's just a coincidence that it's a guitarist. Also he thinks playing the LoZ theme is the highest possible purpose of the guitar. That is the opinion I have of the developer after that loving update. I didn't think I could go from mildly disdaining to outright hating a game in a single LP update but there you go.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just the ones who are rad, though that's every Nuclear Pokemon we've encountered thus far.

These Pokemon aren't very rad. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

LAY-ZX posted:

Yeah but the biohazard symbol looks cooler than the nuclear one would.

• Locked thread