Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

haha it's cool this word ins't in a real dictionary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Jimmy Hats posted:

*continues to clap my lovely fingerless hands at you*

j-jonathontron?

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

me behind my adversary's back: heh he probably isnt' even hashtag woke

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Who What Now posted:

JonTron isn't being censored, you giant baby.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

*continues to clap my lovely fingerless hands at you*

*Gets tossed about by two orca in a perverse game of catch before being released back onto the beach in a panic*

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Jontrons videos were good til he upgraded his set

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Children's Internet Videogame TV Presenter seems like the kind of job where you wouldn't want to go on a crazy racist rant that alienates your audience. How in the world could you ever think it would be a good idea haha

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Like that forums user 8 bit scholar is having a meltdown because the fat video game neckbeard screecher suffered consequences for his lovely opinions.

Imagine being that guy.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

tao of lmao posted:

Like that forums user 8 bit scholar is having a meltdown because the fat video game neckbeard screecher suffered consequences for his lovely opinions.

Imagine being that guy.

Oh, I've been genuinely distressed by our vicious lack of regard for our own first amendment rights for a lot longer than Jontron's even been in the public eye.

But I suppose I'm just somebody who values a difference of opinion, and the freedom for people to voice evil thoughts. I think that if you make that which is unpleasant hidden, it becomes more dangerous. I think all things should be brought to light, and rather than feeding into Jon's paranoia that SJWs are actively abandoning rationality to prey upon political opposites by...well, doing just that, I think that certain companies involved in this fiasco could have handled themselves better.

Either way, it's distressing to me. The Internet is full of noxious, odorous ideas and dialogues and discussions; that's it's place, to facilitate unrestricted human communication. Once we abandoned anonymity, the Internet, once a marketplace of ideas, become a bear trap.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

social vegan posted:

me behind my adversary's back: heh he probably isnt' even hashtag woke

lmbo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
For somebody who supposedly loves the first amendment you sure do hate when the ess-jews use it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh, I've been genuinely distressed by our vicious lack of regard for our own first amendment rights for a lot longer than Jontron's even been in the public eye.

But I suppose I'm just somebody who values a difference of opinion, and the freedom for people to voice evil thoughts. I think that if you make that which is unpleasant hidden, it becomes more dangerous. I think all things should be brought to light, and rather than feeding into Jon's paranoia that SJWs are actively abandoning rationality to prey upon political opposites by...well, doing just that, I think that certain companies involved in this fiasco could have handled themselves better.

Either way, it's distressing to me. The Internet is full of noxious, odorous ideas and dialogues and discussions; that's it's place, to facilitate unrestricted human communication. Once we abandoned anonymity, the Internet, once a marketplace of ideas, become a bear trap.

My dog once farted so noxiously I had to lift his tail to make sure he hadn't poo poo himself.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i think it's cool when u can say whatever u want and cooler when some1 makes fun of u or cuts ur voice lines out of Yehaww Titters the video game because they think ur a retard

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
My opinion is Jontron has a lot of opinions that white supremicists also have and I think that's ill-informed at best and I would appreciate if you wouldn't violate my first amendment right AS AN AMERICAN by telling me I have to respect his lovely opinion.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

For somebody who supposedly loves the first amendment you sure do hate when the ess-jews use it.

One questions whether the same level of "speech" is shared by a man versus a mob.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Are you just full of poo poo or are you actually one of those idiot Facebook uncles who doesn't know what the first ammendment is

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i wish playtronics all the bst they r gonna need it when kotaku finds out they don't have a character w autism in the game

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

social vegan posted:

i think it's cool when u can say whatever u want and cooler when some1 makes fun of u or cuts ur voice lines out of Yehaww Titters the video game because they think ur a retard

Stop day drinking dood

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Counterargument: Jontron isn't in prison for expressing his dumb views so yeah the First Amendment seems to still be doing okay?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Jontron's sacrifice of him being a voice actor in a game literally made someone admit to torturing patients out of cockiness on NeoGAF. Good job.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

One questions whether the same level of "speech" is shared by a man versus a mob.

He didn't poo poo himself, but he'd had diahrrea earlier in the day and the fart cloud just filled the room and wouldn't dissipate and they way he was laying on the floor his tail cast a shadow that looked like a stream of your posts leaking from his rear end.

Wait, did I say your posts? I'm sorry, I meant poop. lol no idea how I could make that mistake, boy is my face red!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Out of curiosity, are any of you now going to buy the game to support the developers for cutting the Jontron content?

I would also be curious if you are no longer going to buy the game as a result of this

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

Stop day drinking dood

what r u my PO gently caress off

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
He's getting out a new ball to balance on, someone get more kippers!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Out of curiosity, are any of you now going to buy the game to support the developers for cutting the Jontron content?

Wtf game is this even I only pop into this thread every few days to see if people are still galling over themselves to defend the dumbass man from his own words

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

social vegan posted:

what r u my PO gently caress off

I know what you're up to Zach

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

8-Bit Scholar posted:

"Groups don't have rights." -Literally Hitler 8-Bit Scholar

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I think that if you make that which is unpleasant hidden, it becomes more dangerous.

I'm okay with racist shitheads keeping their opinions to themselves, actually.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
why in the gently caress would anyone buy banjo kazooie in 2017 when actual good games exist now

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Cosmik Slop posted:

I'm okay with racist shitheads keeping their opinions to themselves, actually.

I disagree, I want to hear their Constitutionally defended free speech.

So I can call them mean names, as protected by my free speech.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I would also be curious if you are no longer going to buy the game as a result of this

johntron should only be added back into the game as a dlc rareware style character that spouts white supremacy in scrolling textbox rhymes while exaggeratedly flapping his jowls

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Iron Prince posted:

why in the gently caress would anyone buy banjo kazooie in 2017 when actual good games exist now

I paid $50 for a used copy of Bust a Groove like 7 years ago and I would probably still do it today

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Again, the guy voiced. Opinions. That you don't like. That's all. "We don't accept open racism" oh well my apologies, my Lord, pray forgive these verbal trespasses but I don't recall electing you to the Decency Brigade.

And, again, I really find it disturbing that we hate differences of opinion so much that we'd rather see those who voice different opinions suffer for it. Again, I had asked, we enjoy a right to be able to speak freely in a public forum without fear of governmental reprisal; why is it then that we have taken it upon ourselves (and our corporate masters) to wield the tyrant's club?
Hello, I'm the Decency Brigade's lawyer, Leeroy P Crubs. I'm here to inform you as a member of the Decency Brigade that you will be required to obey us henceforth. In fact, due to our tyranny you will be forced to join the Decency Brigade as well. Welcome to the Decency Brigade, my friend. Welcome or die.

John 'Buchelles' Tronson has voiced a statement that we do not like. It is not the content of the statement that we criticise, as you have so astutely observed, but the pure and solitary fact that it is different. You are right not to concern yourself with the reason behind that dislike or the content of the statements or anything of the sort. That is not what we do. That is not for you to worry your pretty little head over either. As a new recruit you will hate difference only.

A difference in opinion is a very bad thing indeed. As we say in the Decency Brigade, "Where there is a difference there is a problem." With this philosophy we hope to unite all peoples. So you will understand when we say your difference in opinion cannot be tolerated. Whatever it is. We don't know. What you're actually saying really doesn't matter. I'm sorry. Nobody is listening. It's just that it's different from ours so, well, it's gotta go.

When you have removed the difference in your opinion - whatever that is - in line with the tyrannical rule of the Decency Brigade, please report to the uniform chambers for fitting. Our outfits are exquisite and highly sexual. If you do not wish to remove the difference from your opinion, please report to the gas chamber for a non-sexual uniform.

Thank you

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spatial posted:

Hello, I'm the Decency Brigade's lawyer, Leeroy P Crubs. I'm here to inform you as a member of the Decency Brigade that you will be required to obey us henceforth. In fact, due to our tyranny you will be forced to join the Decency Brigade as well. Welcome to the Decency Brigade, my friend. Welcome or die.

John 'Buchelles' Tronson has voiced a statement that we do not like. It is not the content of the statement that we criticise, as you have so astutely observed, but the pure and solitary fact that it is different. You are right not to concern yourself with the reason behind that dislike or the content of the statements or anything of the sort. That is not what we do. That is not for you to worry your pretty little head over either. As a new recruit you will hate difference only.

A difference in opinion is a very bad thing indeed. As we say in the Decency Brigade, "Where there is a difference there is a problem." With this philosophy we hope to unite all peoples. So you will understand when we say your difference in opinion cannot be tolerated. Whatever it is. We don't know. What you're actually saying really doesn't matter. I'm sorry. Nobody is listening. It's just that it's different from ours so, well, it's gotta go.

When you have removed the difference in your opinion - whatever that is - in line with the tyrannical rule of the Decency Brigade, please report to the uniform chambers for fitting. Our outfits are exquisite and highly sexual. If you do not wish to remove the difference from your opinion, please report to the gas chamber for a non-sexual uniform.

Thank you

Ew dude wth is this

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Funny, it doesn't say "share a lovely comic" as one of the tried and tested sealion response measures

EDIT: I like how one of her friends is in a merperson wheelchair that's something different

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Youre all nuts

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

I have consulted the Decency Brigade's lead researcher on how we establish which opinions are different. What is this difference and where does it come from? What about it causes such a visceral reaction? Is there some finer detail lurking just below the surface that we don't know about? We just don't know.

I'm afraid this is an ongoing topic of research with as yet no clear conclusion. I endeavor to keep you informed of developments.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

We are the Decency Brigade,
And we're coming to town,
Beep Beep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
p
So you were sealioning when you asked "what state is it illegal to honor kill or female genital mutilate", and your response when it turned out people from rear end backwards cultures don't care about the law even if they go to jail afterwards was met with you trying to bail when met with evidence that your argument was poo poo? Got it.

Also your strawman comic is poo poo, especially how it tries to use minorities (well, a cripple, a fat black woman, an asian, and the rarest minority of them all - pink hair) to appeal to virtue signalers .

Also here's some articles from that site you grabbed the comic from :

You could benefit from the first article HEAVILY.

• Locked thread