Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

No dupes. I don't even know what to pull for anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

acumen posted:

No dupes. I don't even know what to pull for anymore.

that's a good point actually; once all the second anniversary stuff is over are there any big important relics coming up within the next few months to save mythril over? i kinda lost track on what japan's events have been up to for awhile now

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

3/33 on luckies, only bsb was jecht, eh.

victrix fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 24, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

After the anniversary event is over it's time to save up for Cloud's God Banner

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
4/11 on BSB banner, no dupes! :toot:

Onion Knight BSB
Serah BSB
Golbez BSB
Kuja BSB

8/33 overall, 4 dupes total.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

Went 1/11 on the Burst Banner with Garland's Dark-flavored Paladin Force...

It wasn't a dupe, but it stung enough to rage-pull a 5/11 in Locke 1 (Setzer's Burst and Full-break SSB, Sabin's Medica Bracers x2 and Relm's Luminous Robe)

That said my Final Haul is more modest: 4/33 with no dupes.

Sarah's Lute
Porom's SSB Mace

Edea's En-Ice Burst

Garland's Burst Axe

I'm still sticking to pull once in Banner 1 and Banner 3 even though now I have a second dupe on the latter.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Final haul: 4/22, no dupes. Passed on the Curaga banner.

Cloud's Enwind unique
Paplymo's Enfrost SSB
Rydia's Enstone BSB
Thancred's Imperil-Fire BSB

Not the worst haul, although Rydia was pretty much the big winner. Thancred... eh for now.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I wish I had gotten a Tiny Bee of my very own

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWx-0vh2s2o&t=97s

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Brother Entropy posted:

that's a good point actually; once all the second anniversary stuff is over are there any big important relics coming up within the next few months to save mythril over? i kinda lost track on what japan's events have been up to for awhile now

Big banners to shoot for are OverBeatrix next week, III banner 2 for Onion shenanigans, XI for... everything, X for Yuna's extremely good USB, Squall BSB2 because he is pure nutso damage and Irvine BSB + Selphie USB owns.

Then it's all aboard the Cloud USB hype train, which ain't got no brakes

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I went 6/33 for the 3 lucky pulls.

Eiko's BSB and Penelo's SSB on the medica
Papalymo's BSB and dupe Kuja and Sephiroth gloves
and just Lulu on the BSB.

I remember Lulu's BSB being kind of meh?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Lulu's BSB is not great and the commands can be reflected

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Just saw this guy's draw on Reddit:

http://imgur.com/MJNnQKP

Maybe the best single 11-draw I've ever seen.

dimeat
Feb 28, 2003

Well let’s see it. I mean if it’s as big as you say, I’ll be your girlfriend. [gasps] We could go to prom together.
I did it. Got a dupe tiny bee (among other things).

Now have to choose between Vanille and Yshtola BSBs

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's cloud's usb and when?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
This game really wants me to use Steiner. I got his BSB today along with Thancred's. If I didn't already have a fire team this is pretty much all I need. My other fire team members are now happy to have help.

These two BSBs have nearly perfect synergy and I'm actually kind of hype to see them working together. Thancred's burst commands are really nice.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Why do holy orbs have to be grouped with Earth and White orbs? I need holy most of all and earth and white the least. :argh:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

not gonna lie, I was a bit disappointed until I remembered that Imperils stack now.

3/33 on lucky draws. Healer's Circlet (XIV), dupe Tiara (VI), Excalibur (FFT). Also this means I have 2 dupes on banner 4 now.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Bartz and Penelo's. I think I might be on my way to my very own mage team with Vanille, Golbez and her!

I'm glad to finally get a SSB or BSB for Bartz so I can throw Squall into a dumpster as my off off dps in Wind Crew

In all:

2 BSB
4 SSB (Larsa, Sara, Freya, Minwu dupe)
1 SB (Sephiroth enFire dupe *fart*)

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Mar 24, 2017

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I got my third Ashe BSB, (I got my second one yesterday) Firion's and Penelo's. Penelo is an interesting one for me to have, as her buffs build a nice mage team for me with her, Maria, Edea, OK, and Braska

The only other new thing I got across these lucky draws was Porom's super. Hastega's good, but I already had Rosa's super

Sesq fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 24, 2017

Social Psychology
Mar 25, 2015

6/33 overall

Penelo SSB
Agrias En-Holy (dupe)
Sephiroth En-Fire
Zack BSB
Zell BSB
Ingus BSB

Never thought I'd be so delighted to get a Zell relic :v:

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Warrior of light and serah bsb.

I didn't need another option for Holy but other than that not too bad.

5/33 overall, 4 of them bursts though.

Rosa bsb
Kain BSB
Warrior of light bsb
Serah bsb
Braska ssb

Combo fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 24, 2017

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Beasteh posted:

Big banners to shoot for are OverBeatrix next week, III banner 2 for Onion shenanigans, XI for... everything, X for Yuna's extremely good USB, Squall BSB2 because he is pure nutso damage and Irvine BSB + Selphie USB owns.

Then it's all aboard the Cloud USB hype train, which ain't got no brakes

From what I've seen, aside from building synergy or fanboy chasing pulls, if your concern is to build towards magecite dungeons and beyond, it's probably best to save everything for any of the following:

Squall BSB2 Banner
Extreme Fest (a lot of the best USBs will re-appear here, plus the BSB% goes way up)
Cloud USB Banner

Everything else, XI excepted because it's new, can probably be outright skipped if you need to build up mythril. Of course, everyone should play their own way and I'm sure a few of you probably have over 500+ mythril right now.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

No dupes and best punchman. 6 new BSBs so far off the 3 lucky draws with 2 of them being top tier (Zell and Vanille). :feelsgoodman:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
1/11: Noel's BSB. This might restrict the amount I spend on upcoming banners, or so I'd like to think.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

5/33:

Mistilteinn

Quistis's Dress (dupe)
Gungnir-3

Mistilteinn
Lulu's Robes

I made out fairly well, I think. I'm satisfied with Mistilteinn, Luneth's Gungnir, and some +ice armor for 75 mythril.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cecil is a cool dude, right?

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Not a bad pull

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I was just looking at this DPS comparison for Physical Bursts and I'm actually pleasantly surprised by Leon. I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it looks like, and he might make my Physical Darkness team come together after all.

Actually I'm even more surprised by how high up Leila is. She seems to fit in the same general place as Yuffie and Edge, but making a water element team is probably a lot easier than getting an Imperil Poison anytime ever.

Anyway, I'm less pissed knowing that I've walked away with some good healer bursts and a good EnDark burst, but things definitely didn't go as planned.

I don't know, but it also seems like it'd be better to get Squall's BSB2 and then just RW Cloud USB to get the most out of it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I got Meteor XVI and The Blitz, those are good right

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Cecil is a cool dude, right?

Is that Maria's BSB? If so congrats. It's amazing

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
After spending too much real money on XIV and vowing to go fully f2p I somehow lucked into expanding my middling pool of relics to almost best-in-slot if not top tier relics in every other regard. I'm sorta experiencing some decision paralysis on my A team now though if anyone wants to help with the theorycrafting.

My top relics are:

Physical:
OSB: Orlandu, Zidane, Squall
BSB: Kain, Celes, Firion

Magic:
OSB: Terra
BSB: Cid Raines, Papalymo, Edea

Other:
BSB: Vanille, Eiko, Setzer, Onion Knight, Minfilia
Y'shtola's wall

I'm thinking Orlandu, Cid Raines, Setzer, Onion Knight, Vanille? I have Papalymo's SSB too for more faith shenanigans but it seems like it's not worth it since with Vessel Cid can buff himself super high anyway.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
1/11, Zidane's Ogre. I don't think that's very good unfortunately. I suppose using that with Alph's BSB is something.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
"You know how there's II and VI events up? Have some relics from them!"

My haul: Dupe Crescent Wish, Squall's Jacket (unique, en-Ice), and the above. Not great, Bob. At least it gives a reason to MC3 break Edgar, who is my favorite VI character.

Brother Entropy posted:

once all the second anniversary stuff is over are there any big important relics coming up within the next few months to save mythril over? i kinda lost track on what japan's events have been up to for awhile now
I was looking at https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/614wmw/banners_to_save_up_for_after_anniversary/ last night and thinking Tactics 1 and VIII 1 for shots at Rapha BSB and Squall BSB2

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

acumen posted:

After spending too much real money on XIV and vowing to go fully f2p I somehow lucked into expanding my middling pool of relics to almost best-in-slot if not top tier relics in every other regard. I'm sorta experiencing some decision paralysis on my A team now though if anyone wants to help with the theorycrafting.

My top relics are:

Physical:

Magic:

Other:
Y'shtola's wall

I'm thinking Orlandu, Cid Raines, Setzer, Onion Knight, Vanille? I have Papalymo's SSB too for more faith shenanigans but it seems like it's not worth it since with Vessel Cid can buff himself super high anyway.

i would say my decision would be affected by whether or not you crammed your onion knight full of delicious motes so he can use 5* support, is that the case?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

3/11: Vaan, Wakka, Vanille BSBs. Woo!

Think I can finally ditch Tyro as my break bitch and start RWing SG again. Vanille is pretty great though I like Yuna's BSB2 when I do a mage heavy team. ...... I have no real opinion on Vaan's except I guess with him and Wakka I can break the poo poo out of anyone.

I'm pretty pleased. :frogc00l:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

acumen posted:

My top relics are:

Physical:

Magic:

Other:
Y'shtola's wall

I've never stuck with a single defined A Team myself, but I tend to rotate based on realm and Mastery goals. I think your thoughts are about right for most situations. Setzer and Vanille (and probably OK) would probably be near perma mainstays since there's always a need for debuffs and medica. From there, it's just deciding which type of damage you want--elemental/physical/magic etc. Congrats on some great relics.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
My medica draw was very good (and I'm new enough that dupes were not possible; I didn't have any healing breaks before then, and now I have Vanille's Burst and Super, and also Aerith's Burst) but yesterday's got me Sabin's Perdition's Phoenix and Vivi's Proof of Existence, and today got me Gabranth's Innocence and Cid Raines' Metamorphosis.

I have no idea how good these are. I don't even have all these characters; I don't have Cid Raines or Sabin.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Prism posted:

My medica draw was very good (and I'm new enough that dupes were not possible; I didn't have any healing breaks before then, and now I have Vanille's Burst and Super, and also Aerith's Burst) but yesterday's got me Sabin's Perdition's Phoenix and Vivi's Proof of Existence, and today got me Gabranth's Innocence and Cid Raines' Metamorphosis.

I have no idea how good these are. I don't even have all these characters; I don't have Cid Raines or Sabin.

Cid Raines is :discourse:, throw a hero soul into picking him up if you have one

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

i would say my decision would be affected by whether or not you crammed your onion knight full of delicious motes so he can use 5* support, is that the case?

I did this even before I got his BSB for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

acumen posted:

I did this even before I got his BSB for some reason.

as the guy above me says it really boils down to swapping people in and out based on mastery and the specific boss, and i think your setup is perfectly fine as is, but the reason i asked is you can probably load up your onion knight as your full break+breakdown pack mule and swap out setzer for one of your raw damage do-ers

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 24, 2017

• Locked thread