Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Fly Molo posted:

After 6 years, they finally loving fixed it.

http://imgur.com/2UTuPOd

YESSSSSSSSS

e: brb putting this on half my builds

Holy poo poo :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

HaB posted:

The only weapon/armor choice you need for Iron Golem:

IRON TARKUS

When you are facing the boss fog, there's a bridge to your right. Go across it and into the room over there. To the left is a summon sign for an NPC. In NG - he can basically solo that boss himself. If you want to run in and get a hit or two to feel like you're contributing, feel free. :v:

I didn't have any humanity to use at that point, so I had to fight the Golem without Iron Tarkus. Please forgive me.

Also, are you supposed to be able to beat the Iron Golem by knocking him off the platform? I had him down to half-health or so and he stumbled back off the ledge and the fight was just over.

Fly Molo posted:

After 6 years, they finally loving fixed it.

http://imgur.com/2UTuPOd

YESSSSSSSSS

e: brb putting this on half my builds
I haven't played DS3 yet, so I don't know what I'm supposed to be excited about.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Max Wilco posted:

I didn't have any humanity to use at that point, so I had to fight the Golem without Iron Tarkus. Please forgive me.

Also, are you supposed to be able to beat the Iron Golem by knocking him off the platform? I had him down to half-health or so and he stumbled back off the ledge and the fight was just over.

I haven't played DS3 yet, so I don't know what I'm supposed to be excited about.

Yeah Iron Golem falling off the platform is a thing.

Everyone is excited because that helmet never had the little feathery frilly things on top of it. Now that it does its a choice piece of fashionable gear. P.S. that hat will soon look familiar to you :)

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
Heads up for SteamFriends: The patch is going to be a full 7.7GB, so this is also our pre-load for DLC2. I have the Season Pass, so someone that doesn't have it might have a smaller download? This also means that data mining will be starting like now. Be wary of spoilers , skeleton...

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Willfrey posted:

P.S. that hat will soon look familiar to you :)

I can't wait. :kiddo:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Daggers are indeed stronger (roughly +5-10 base damage to most of them), heavy armor is LIGHTER and more defensive (Lothric Knight Armor is about +1.0-2.0 to all resists and weighs 0.7 less). Bizarrely, ultra weapons seem to swing significantly SLOWER now.
Executioner's Greatsword leeches 6 FP a kill now. Perseverance lasts a hefty 3 seconds. Poison deals a more respectable 7-8 HP/s and relevant weapons deal about a base 36 buildup. Toxic deals a whopping 19 HP/s! Bleed weapons only have base 30, generally. Frost weapons now have a 45-55 base frostbite buildup :eyepop:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 24, 2017

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Daggers are indeed stronger (roughly +5-10 base damage to most of them), heavy armor is LIGHTER and more defensive (Lothric Knight Armor is about +1.0-2.0 to all resists and weighs 0.7 less). Bizarrely, ultra weapons seem to swing significantly SLOWER now.
Executioner's Greatsword leeches 6 FP a kill now. Perseverance lasts a hefty 3 seconds. Poison deals a more respectable 7-8 HP/s and relevant weapons deal about a base 36 buildup. Toxic deals a whopping 19 HP/s! Bleed weapons only have base 30, generally. Frost weapons now have a 45-55 base frostbite buildup :eyepop:

Glad to hear about the frost buff. I did a lot of frost stuff in my last playthrough, and it seemed pretty weedy compared to bleed or poison. It doesn't really do much damage on it's own, and the Defense Reduction didn't seem have much effect (at least not during PvE).

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

FrostyJones posted:

Heads up for SteamFriends: The patch is going to be a full 7.7GB, so this is also our pre-load for DLC2. I have the Season Pass, so someone that doesn't have it might have a smaller download? This also means that data mining will be starting like now. Be wary of spoilers , skeleton...

I believe everyone needs to download it. From does this instead of compatibility packs.

Remember vanilla players can still get invaded by invaders wielding DLC weaponry.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Separate post: I'm hearing the PS4 pro patch is making the framerate variable instead of letting it be a solid 30fps all the time. You guys notice anything?

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

It's one of my favourite fights in the series. Enjoy it!

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
It seems like the fugs is swinging faster and leaves enough stamina after a 3 hit combo for a roll. I like this.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Holy poo poo my Guts build got a huge buff. 60 more AR on Heavy Greatsword and it swings faster and uses less stamina? Yes please.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Exile greatsword seems to be swinging faster too.

Jordbo
Mar 5, 2013

Yeah curved greatswords got a slight speed buff (especially the two-handed R2, it seems), but it's interesting how ultra greatswords are almost as fast now! In return ultra greatswords need more stamina and have a slower follow up swing, so it seems really well balanced. I got a ~20 damage buff for my refined carthus curved greatsword, but apparently the Exile got up to 100 additional damage for strength builds!

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

gently caress me, I need to make a build around this. New weapon spoiler.
https://imgur.com/crUUMtv
Animation

This one makes me drool too. I love huge weapons.
Animation

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 24, 2017

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Filthy Monkey posted:

Animation

Animation

So awhile back I was joking the DLC should add a paired greatshield... found out like two weeks ago it totally is going to be in. The other day I was whining that there's no paired greatsword. Well hell yes.

I'm so excited for this DLC.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Filthy Monkey posted:

Animation

Animation

Goddamn that's a big hammer.

e: Here's some armors that'll be coming out in the DLC: Here

...I'm gonna need a lot of new builds.

lobotomy molo fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 24, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Whole shitload of spoilers came out today. This one's the big one for me.

A new invasion covenant, which gets a blessing of some sort upon summon, whose goal is apparently to keep you from finishing the DLC.

In fact, it's doubled-down by the fact that said invasion covenant gets special items for use online against folks trying to beat the drat thing. Yikes!

Victory Position fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Mar 24, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Also new screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/ddO1i

I can't tell what the city on the left is on the first screenshot. The second is clearly Anor Londo, but I'm drawing a blank on the first.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gologle posted:

Also new screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/ddO1i

I can't tell what the city on the left is on the first screenshot. The second is clearly Anor Londo, but I'm drawing a blank on the first.

I think it's the ringed city, arising from the dust at the end of the world while everything else crumbles.

e: or Lothric castle with some parts broken off?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I should say that after looking at those photos that the crossbow pictured does exactly what the description says.

It is a machine gun crossbow :getin:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The hype is real. DLC release date is too far off still.

Going though reddit I've seen that a whole lot of weapons have had their base AR modified and certain weapons that used to have better quality scaling now scale better with heavy for example. I'm expecting nerfs as the meta gets changed around but I'm loving the fact that you don't need to pump in a ton of VIT anymore.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Fly Molo posted:

e: Here's some armors that'll be coming out in the DLC: Here

...I'm gonna need a lot of new builds.

gently caress YES RINGED KNIGHT SET AND SWORD :getin:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
The little ember symbol next to bonfire names is cool. The number of embers seems to vary with the number of hosts, too, which is a nice improvement on DS2.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Armor spoiler yes, the Ruin Sentinel armor is back! Anyone who's played vanilla DS2 knows what an RNG nightmare getting that set to drop was. Now I can look like a robot again! Also there better be some drat Pursuer armor somewhere.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

What's the best talisman/chime for Gnaw(ing)?

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

skasion posted:

Saint-tree Bellvine

The spell doesn't scale with anything, so you might as well go with the chime that has a faster casting speed.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

skasion posted:

^^^^ welp. I stand corrected.

At 60 Fth I'm pretty sure it's Yorshka's

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

HaB posted:

^^^^ welp. I stand corrected.

Me too! Apparently the upgraded Dorhys Gnawing version does scale, the wiki says you should use Sunless Talisman or Caitha's Chime, since they do slightly more damage. The bleeding still doesn't scale though, so if that's what you care about then the Bellvine is still better.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Nothing increases the bleed damage? Not even upgrading the catalyst?

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
Not according to the Wiki. It says the bleed is unaffected by anything, including luck, your catalyst, or your faith.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Slave Knight Gael's Greatsword is my loving jam holy poo poo.

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...
With these two DLCs it looks like we'll finally have the kind of weapon variety we had in DS2 (after, to be fair, 3 great DLCs), and more fun weapons than I have time to make builds for, hooray.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
gently caress, I really want to watch that trailer and I really don't. Also I think I might have had the final boss spoiled for me after seeing a thumbnail for an article on it, but it's so close now.

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Do they have a set time for when the DLC is supposed to go live?

edit: a friend told me the DLC was supposed to be out today, then i looked it up and now i'm bummed

ankle fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 24, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
So I guess this is the time to leave the thread if you don't want spoilers?

DLC why are you still so far away :qq:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm still working my way through DS2 damnit I won't be stopped now! Eleum Loyce, you're going down!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Cavelcade posted:

It's one of my favourite fights in the series. Enjoy it!

Oh yeah I've done it plenty of times. Meant I can't wait to hear him talk about his first time.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

hampig posted:

With these two DLCs it looks like we'll finally have the kind of weapon variety we had in DS2 (after, to be fair, 3 great DLCs), and more fun weapons than I have time to make builds for, hooray.

yeah this is the first time i'm really getting excited for 3 actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

It is a long shot, but I don't suppose somebody else out there is also using souls unsqueezed on an ultrawide monitor, and knows how to turn off the on screen display?