Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
My new keyboard came in and now I don't want to stop typing on it because I missed having a mechanical keyboard and it feels real nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Ha :)

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://mobile.twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/845117181826232321

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Kylra posted:

My new keyboard came in and now I don't want to stop typing on it because I missed having a mechanical keyboard and it feels real nice.

Ever since I told my colleague I didn't think mechanical keyboards were worth the money I've had 3 cheap rubber dome keyboards break. He cursed me.

I watched gunbuster the other day, it was good, thanks chat thread.

Also dirty pair, also good.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Coffee...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
It's good. Mmmm.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kylra posted:

Ka-chack ka-chack ka-chack

Feels good man

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Splode posted:

Ever since I told my colleague I didn't think mechanical keyboards were worth the money I've had 3 cheap rubber dome keyboards break. He cursed me.

I watched gunbuster the other day, it was good, thanks chat thread.

Also dirty pair, also good.

consider watching diebuster now. It is also good.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Splode posted:

I used to wonder what the big deal was. Then I went to try some and kind of wound up rubbing my face on a couple before I took one home.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ka-chack ka-chack ka-chack

Feels good man
My only regret right now is that I can't somehow get nice clicky switches like Cherry Blues, but with the easy and smooth activation of Speeds/Reds.

Alas, physics.

Someone needs to make a toggleable dual action keyboard like the mouse scroll wheel toggle buttons between clicky and free spinning. But with keyboards.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 24, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I've only ever had $20 microsoft keyboards so I don't know the joy of mechanical

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Is it friday yet? I have anims to watch this weekend.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Aurora posted:

I've only ever had $20 microsoft keyboards so I don't know the joy of mechanical
How about I use an analogy. Mechanical keyboards are like anime. Membrane keyboards are like normie tier stuff.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Attack on Titan of keyboards

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Normies, like nerds, is good now.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I need a better analogy.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Krillin: Age 60

RME
Feb 20, 2012

chumbler posted:

That's not the dub, though.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

my problem with mechanical keyboards is the non quiet ones feel a lot better to me, but having a non quiet switch is just impractical for me

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/M_hisashi/status/845243455949303808

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

The fuckin zebra slug always gets me.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

RME posted:

my problem with mechanical keyboards is the non quiet ones feel a lot better to me, but having a non quiet switch is just impractical for me

what if i told you that was everyone's problem....

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mechanicals are only super loud if you are hitting the keys too hard, or get buckling spring switches

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I love my cherry MX blues. Clickity clack click all day long. Going back to a rubber dome keyboard when I'm on my friend's computer feels like using a mouse with a rolling ball in it.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Even without bottoming out blues click is high pitched enough to cause everyone around me to hate it

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It took me a little while to get used to reds and stop mistyping since at the time it felt like I could breathe on them and they would type, but after that I don't really miss the obvious click that much even if it feels and sounds kind of cool.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Give me the click

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

Give me the click

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Same but dick

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I just got done with a lot of stuff and now I have some free time for a couple days :frogbon:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

I just got done with a lot of stuff and now I have some free time for a couple days :frogbon:

Sounds like somebody needs to find you some more work to do!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Terper posted:

so what you're saying is:

Party at your place?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

When is it not, with anime on the screen

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

But actually I'm sick so i'm just gonna recuperate

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

:rip: Terper, sick of anime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I have had the biggest dumbest grin on my face for hours and I'm worried that it might get stuck there

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/RachelBrods/status/845390845150973953

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Eat poo poo, Paul Ryan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't kinkshame the AHCA.