Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Funny, it doesn't say "share a lovely comic" as one of the tried and tested sealion response measures

EDIT: I like how one of her friends is in a merperson wheelchair that's something different

Lmao I mean you're a poo poo poster but it's neat that primitive sea people can work up the technology for a rotary booster chair when he could still swim with his drat arms

The ocean's a pretty bad place to be crippled a squid could take you out from like any degree of direction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

lovely Wizard posted:

virtue signalers
What's a virtue signaler?

Spatial fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 24, 2017

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Oh wait I know what it is. You guys remember that comic where someone says they don't like a thing, and then an angel comes down from heaven to say "okay" on neat little card. That angel is the virtue signaller.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spatial posted:

I'm not the person who said that buddy

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I'm not the person who said that buddy
Whoops.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Aesop Poprock posted:

Lmao I mean you're a poo poo poster

True

Spatial posted:

Oh wait I know what it is. You guys remember that comic where someone says they don't like a thing, and then an angel comes down from heaven to say "okay" on neat little card. That angel is the virtue signaller.

But I could be worse

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Funny, it doesn't say "share a lovely comic" as one of the tried and tested sealion response measures

EDIT: I like how one of her friends is in a merperson wheelchair that's something different

Just giving all the effort your bullshit deserves.

Spatial posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmM872874A

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

But I could be worse
Looks like someone doesn't like differences of opinion

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Spatial posted:

When you're an 'individual' such as Glazier and only care about an issue when it increases your standing as a "freedom fighter" or "injustice fighter" rather than for the betterment of your fellow human beings. Eventually you try to find a smaller and smaller group to defend until you end up like that one article that tried to defend pedophiles.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Glazier posted:

Just giving all the effort your bullshit deserves.

:yeah:

Spatial posted:

Looks like someone doesn't like differences of opinion

:justpost:

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Turn signals, but for morals.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

8-Bit Scholar posted:

True

But I could be worse

Quit trying to silence him you loving fascist

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Spatial posted:

Turn signals, but for morals.

More like novelty horns that announce every time you retweeted a poorly written slam by a twitter celebrity.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Again, the guy voiced. Opinions. That you don't like. That's all. "We don't accept open racism" oh well my apologies, my Lord, pray forgive these verbal trespasses but I don't recall electing you to the Decency Brigade.

And, again, I really find it disturbing that we hate differences of opinion so much that we'd rather see those who voice different opinions suffer for it. Again, I had asked, we enjoy a right to be able to speak freely in a public forum without fear of governmental reprisal; why is it then that we have taken it upon ourselves (and our corporate masters) to wield the tyrant's club?

Like, all of you who are so earnestly saying such and such is a Nazi, okay, but what part of being pro-censorship fascistic information-control zealots equates to "opposing Nazis" because I'm not sure I see it

im guessing due to your loving retarded posts that you've never worked in any kind of office or business or real loving job, much like youtube "superstar" john tron. well in the real world when you say stupid racial poo poo you get suspended or fired from HR, or are cut from the company so people don't associate that garbage person with the company and let it hurt their image. if jontron worked in any office he'd have been loving fired for saying any of this poo poo.

lol though at "WIELDING THE TYRANT'S CLUB" a loving fat moron who does youtubes about videogames poo poo himself and maybe this legit developer doesn't want his poo poo also stinking up their product. this isn't the epic war you think it is, it's just a typical "talk poo poo and get kicked" scenario in the realm of babymen who literally don't even know how free speech works. maybe he'll realize how badly he hosed up now after getting a taste of how poo poo actually works. maybe he'll get a consultant, maybe try this "adulting" poo poo, but I doubt it

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
ARRRP ARP ARP ARP ARRRP

*plays with a bucket*

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Haha whoops looks like I appropriated Walrus culture guess that makes me a conquistador bigot racist goose steeping nazi war criminal but at least i'm not the other posters ITT (huge idiots)

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

MinibarMatchman posted:

babymen who literally don't even know how free speech works

The crux of the issue right here.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I saw the Jontron video with Sargon and that wasn't so bad and I was willing to give the guy the benefit of a doubt, but dang dude the poo poo he says in that destiny interview is pretty fuckin' awful and kinda hard to defend.

I always knew JonTron was kinda stupid back from when he was doing Game Grumps and all that but I didn't know the full extent of his retardation until now

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Hats posted:

Haha whoops looks like I appropriated Walrus culture guess that makes me a conquistador bigot racist goose steeping nazi war criminal but at least i'm not the other posters ITT (huge idiots)

Stop day drinking dood

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

MinibarMatchman posted:

im guessing due to your loving retarded posts that you've never worked in any kind of office or business or real loving job, much like youtube "superstar" john tron. well in the real world when you say stupid racial poo poo you get suspended or fired from HR, or are cut from the company so people don't associate that garbage person with the company and let it hurt their image. if jontron worked in any office he'd have been loving fired for saying any of this poo poo.

lol though at "WIELDING THE TYRANT'S CLUB" a loving fat moron who does youtubes about videogames poo poo himself and maybe this legit developer doesn't want his poo poo also stinking up their product. this isn't the epic war you think it is, it's just a typical "talk poo poo and get kicked" scenario in the realm of babymen who literally don't even know how free speech works. maybe he'll realize how badly he hosed up now after getting a taste of how poo poo actually works. maybe he'll get a consultant, maybe try this "adulting" poo poo, but I doubt it

He got one negative day of negative subscribers, then he starting going up in subscribers again at a slightly higher rate than before, so he's actually doing better than when this whole thing started. So it's more like "talk poo poo, get a slight loss of subscribers and a massive increase to views and longterm subscribers".

If they were doing this to protect the company's image, then they hosed up. Literally the only people remembering or caring that he was a VA in this was a 3 page thread on neogaf, a forum that had a pro-pedophile thread until they started getting news coverage.

The smart thing would have been to ignore poo poo or even just silently remove it rather than announce it, but they announced it and brought PR/attention to a guy who probably has the support of a lot of their purchasers.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lovely Wizard posted:

He got one negative day of negative subscribers, then he starting going up in subscribers again at a slightly higher rate than before, so he's actually doing better than when this whole thing started. So it's more like "talk poo poo, get a slight loss of subscribers and a massive increase to views and longterm subscribers".

If they were doing this to protect the company's image, then they hosed up. Literally the only people remembering or caring that he was a VA in this was a 3 page thread on neogaf, a forum that had a pro-pedophile thread until they started getting news coverage.

The smart thing would have been to ignore poo poo or even just silently remove it rather than announce it, but they announced it and brought PR/attention to a guy who probably has the support of a lot of their purchasers.

it would have been smarter to just silently remove it yeah but I really doubt this effects the game sales that much. as for "doing better" this dude has done nothing but get mad on twitter for months and will probably put a bullet in his head at some point, I can't imagine being so mad at nothing for so long without bursting an appendix

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

MinibarMatchman posted:

it would have been smarter to just silently remove it yeah but I really doubt this effects the game sales that much. as for "doing better" this dude has done nothing but get mad on twitter for months and will probably put a bullet in his head at some point, I can't imagine being so mad at nothing for so long without bursting an appendix

I mean this is going to sell several hundred thousand if not break a million, so it won't make a huge impact (5% less than expected sales would be a huge impact). But it's just why are they even paying for a community manager or PR person if they're telling/doing such horrible decisions that have no positive impact on sales but a potential noticeable impact on sales lost?

Also tons of people get mad on twitter, being mad on twitter is not an accurate gauge of mental wellness beyond # of tweets for the most part. it's not a platform designed for coherent thought, its a platformed designed for 140 word responses that are pretty much mostly being a sarcastic piece of poo poo or linking poo poo with an 'lol' or 'wtf' style response.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lovely Wizard posted:

Also tons of people get mad on twitter, being mad on twitter is not an accurate gauge of mental wellness beyond # of tweets for the most part. it's not a platform designed for coherent thought, its a platformed designed for 140 word responses that are pretty much mostly being a sarcastic piece of poo poo or linking poo poo with an 'lol' or 'wtf' style response.

Twitters been out for almost a decade and it's sunk or endangered tons of careers from people being idiots, this isn't new news. You can't go into a crowded mall and yell something about niggers and then announce your name after it and expect leniency, which is essentially what posting dumb poo poo on twitter is like except people will screenshot it so it lasts forever

Stop being obtuse you dumbo

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Aesop Poprock posted:

Twitters been out for almost a decade and it's sunk or endangered tons of careers from people being idiots, this isn't new news. You can't go into a crowded mall and yell something about niggers and then announce your name after it and expect leniency, which is essentially what posting dumb poo poo on twitter is like except people will screenshot it so it lasts forever

Stop being obtuse you dumbo

I don't see jontron shouting friend of the family in a mall and then yelling "IM JONTRON" or doing the digital equivalent, you're being intentionally obtuse you dumbo.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

For a fake word there sure is a ton of sealioning itt.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

tao of lmao posted:

For a fake word there sure is a ton of sealioning itt.

Most of the people that use the phrase 'sealioning' itt could probably be classified as marine life of sorts.

Whales.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I think these days people judge complete strangers way too quickly and immediately label someone as a poo poo human being the second they do or say something stupid. Like it really sucked when people said that James Rolfe hates women because he didn't want to see the new ghostbusters. People are hungry for outrage and just love making rash judgement these days, especially with political poo poo. Pewdiepie isn't a Nazi either, he's just dumb. You're guilty until proven innocent these days, and well, you're never proven innocent. So you're always guilty.

Internet moral crusaders suck rear end because it's easy to go on witch hunts and find "bad" people and then punish them, like Justince Sacco. You're not allowed to make mistakes or be wrong. Doing actual real good is hard and requires effort. I've made a concerted effort to be less judgmental of others, because self-righteousness has become like a plague and who am I to judge?

That said, JonTron has in fact said some pretty ignorant and racist poo poo so for once yeah, we got someone where who actually is guilty as charged. It seems like people were lashing out at him before he said anything really reprehensible, though. I'll defend James Rofle and even Pewdiepie to some degree, but I can't stand up for JonTron because the poo poo he's said is pretty awful and basically is some straight up white nationalist poo poo.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
James Rolfe did absolutely nothing wrong though, he said "why see a film if you know you're going to hate it", and then followed through and the film turned out to be garbage and had a horrible box office result. Pewdiepie was more pushing the envelope with "hey people will do anything for $5, even declare death to all jews and hail hitler", but it was clear it was for shock value comedy and not actual nazi worship.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

lovely Wizard posted:

I don't see jontron shouting friend of the family in a mall and then yelling "IM JONTRON" or doing the digital equivalent, you're being intentionally obtuse you dumbo.

He's doing "protect white/western culture from the foreign hordes" poo poo my friend he's basically a neo-nazi sorry

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
Wait, so how's jontron being censored?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Internet moral crusaders suck rear end because it's easy to go on witch hunts and find "bad" people and then punish them, like Justince Sacco. You're not allowed to make mistakes or be wrong. Doing actual real good is hard and requires effort. I've made a concerted effort to be less judgmental of others, because self-righteousness has become like a plague and who am I to judge?

ahahahahahahahahahaha

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Nucleic Acids posted:

Wait, so how's jontron being censored?

Who said he's being censored? The big issue is that the only place raising a stink about jontron being in the game was NeoGAF, a known forum for pedophiles (they had a pro-pedophile megathread they only removed after news started picking up on it) and other assorted retards at a significantly higher rate than any other web forum.

Why is playtonics browsing a pedophile friendly web forum inhabited by human garbage?

Aesop Poprock posted:

He's doing "protect white/western culture from the foreign hordes" poo poo my friend he's basically a neo-nazi sorry

Will you admit current western culture is better than current arab culture? Not some 500 years ago comparison, but that it is 100% better to be a citizen in the united states right now than any arab country right now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
My opinion is 8 bit scholar is loving mentally disabled

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

lovely Wizard posted:

Who said he's being censored?

8-Bit Scholar.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
lovely wizard more like lovely poster (also an idiot) (not even a real sea lion)

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Who What Now posted:

8-Bit Scholar.

quote:

Like, all of you who are so earnestly saying such and such is a Nazi, okay, but what part of being pro-censorship fascistic information-control zealots equates to "opposing Nazis" because I'm not sure I see it

It sounds like he's referring to the new tactic of calling literally anyone who opposes someone's view points trying to label someone as a Nazi, no matter how minor the opposition. Retards like Glazier saying "100% of people who voted for trump are actual nazis".

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Idk why lovely wizard is bringing up whatever theyre all talking about.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Tired Moritz posted:

Idk why lovely wizard is bringing up whatever theyre all talking about.

idk why tired moritz is bringing up whatever theyre all talking abutt.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think sea lions are cute.:wink:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
He literally has nazi opinions. Why can't we call him a nazi other than the fact that you can't stop making GBS threads your pants

• Locked thread