Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

This made me laugh way more than it should have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

What's a good term for the 4-chan crowd that Garrison hangs with? If not a term then at least a "if they're not literal channers, they are exactly the sort of people 4-chan agrees with / idolizes" definition.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Xander77 posted:

What's a good term for the 4-chan crowd that Garrison hangs with? If not a term then at least a "if they're not literal channers, they are exactly the sort of people 4-chan agrees with / idolizes" definition.

Alt Right?
Nazis?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
Alt-right is probably the term they would use which encompasses the different flavors of extreme right like 'white nationalists', 'white supremacists' and straight up 'nazis'. Of course this depends on who you ask, Garrison would call alt-right just a merry band of concerned whites while the nazi wing would say that the alt-right is all about the 14/88.

The label of choice really depends on your viewpoint. I guess if you look for what connects all these flavors, it's white racism.

e; using alt-right runs the risk of legitimizing a lot of reprehensible viewpoints. I'd just use all the different terms instead of trying to place them all under the alt-right umbrella.

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Mar 24, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Xander77 posted:

bigots.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xander77 posted:

Scum?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Xander77 posted:

"People who believe in the superiority of Anglo-American culture, yet masturbate to anime"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
Like every single garrison cartoon the previous year had something anti-semetic. The lengths he would go to slip something anti-semetic into some random "hillary sucks" were astounding.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Speaking of Nazis, I dunno who is currently cartooning in Seattle but I would like someone to say something about this. Somehow it took the Washington AG a year to find out that a company where the boss sends emails to employees saying “terrorist savages” are allowing our “wonderful country to be backfilled with rubbish from the desperate and criminal populations of the third world” was a hotbed of workplace discrimination.

Oh and straight up white eugenics too.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Mar 24, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Ularg posted:

"Persecution makes right!" Adam4Adam says as he tries to shove a historical book on the Holy Crusades under the couch.

"No "real Christians" (see: whatever denomination of protestant he personally belongs to) committed the Crusades, thus it isn't our fault!".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is the neighbor's dog okay? :ohdear:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

"People who believe in the superiority of Anglo-American culture, yet masturbate to anime"

This is where the left died.

Of course, some cultures are superior to others. A culture where corruption is tolerated is inferior to other where theres no corruption. A culture where womens are free and are part of society in equal terms to men is superior to one where womens are not allowed to drive or be doctors. A culture where theres a high level of protection for workers, unemploye, elderly people and kids is superior to one where "gently caress You, I got Mine".

This is why we fight, because we want a better culture. If all cultures where equal, then why fight for changes?

A culture with work ethics is superior to one withouth. A culture where people manage to have a good balance life-job is better than one where people don't have time for themselves. A culture where the worklife don't allow people to have childrens is inferior (and is in the process of suicide) to one where society help people work and have childrens.

A culture where seniority alone decide who have the last word, and not merit is inferior to a meritocracy society. A society where preteens are not protected from sexual predation is inferior to one that create a safe space for that people to have their own sexual development.

I can say this things in absolute form because I have values. People may have different values than me, but having these values give a guidance that help people choose side and choose battles.

The left died because decided to operate under the same rules the HR departament of a corporation and never say anything political incorrect. PC has taken over all the left narrative.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Garrison profile:
http://imgur.com/a/ZdFwM

The transitions are bad, the ending kinda peters out, and I could use some more SA edits. So if anyone has anything to contribute, feel free.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Trogdos! posted:

Alt-right is probably the term they would use which encompasses the different flavors of extreme right like 'white nationalists', 'white supremacists' and straight up 'nazis'. Of course this depends on who you ask, Garrison would call alt-right just a merry band of concerned whites while the nazi wing would say that the alt-right is all about the 14/88.

The label of choice really depends on your viewpoint. I guess if you look for what connects all these flavors, it's white racism.

e; using alt-right runs the risk of legitimizing a lot of reprehensible viewpoints. I'd just use all the different terms instead of trying to place them all under the alt-right umbrella.

i'm glad we have a bunch of different labels for the same exact people

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm kind of behind on the Nunes stuff, does he actually look exactly like Steve Carell or is that a joke

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tei posted:

This is where the left died.

Of course, some cultures are superior to others. A culture where corruption is tolerated is inferior to other where theres no corruption. A culture where womens are free and are part of society in equal terms to men is superior to one where womens are not allowed to drive or be doctors. A culture where theres a high level of protection for workers, unemploye, elderly people and kids is superior to one where "gently caress You, I got Mine".

This is why we fight, because we want a better culture. If all cultures where equal, then why fight for changes?

A culture with work ethics is superior to one withouth. A culture where people manage to have a good balance life-job is better than one where people don't have time for themselves. A culture where the worklife don't allow people to have childrens is inferior (and is in the process of suicide) to one where society help people work and have childrens.

A culture where seniority alone decide who have the last word, and not merit is inferior to a meritocracy society. A society where preteens are not protected from sexual predation is inferior to one that create a safe space for that people to have their own sexual development.

I can say this things in absolute form because I have values. People may have different values than me, but having these values give a guidance that help people choose side and choose battles.

The left died because decided to operate under the same rules the HR departament of a corporation and never say anything political incorrect. PC has taken over all the left narrative.

I'm gonna take a dump on your keyboard if you ever type out something this goddamn stupid again.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Even children can see that Gorsuch is a terrible idea, and are doing everything possible to stop him, but the imbalanced nature of the playing field results in him still getting an easy win.

AGC

"Guys...I know I supported the LEPF party, but now the leopards are looking hungrily at MY face. How did we let it come to this? :qq:"

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It used to be...

Now it's...

He started kissing goblins, now he is a goblin...

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

It used to be...

Now it's...

If you wank into the abyss...

Rincewinds fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 24, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

I can't loving believe this is a real Garrison. Present-day Garrison would love to beat the poo poo out of this guy.

You can't solve a human problem with a technical solution.

If people is sharing stupid political meme macros, is a problem with education. The solution is to invest in education, better resources, more training for teachers, a effort in giving people the mental tools to think for themselves.

Nobody can be the gatekeeper of what are "good opinions", because what is a good opinion for some people, is bad for other (perhaps more informed). Asking Facebook to play God here will not work even if you get Facebook to cooperate.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm gonna take a dump on your keyboard if you ever type out something this goddamn stupid again.

I post a lot of stupid poo poo every day, you better have your guts ready.

Tei fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 24, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's funny that a few years ago, both Ben and Milo were both in the mood of "freedom of speech has limits considering trolls just go for the worst of the worst." Suddenly they're alt-right nutbags, which makes me believe they are more in it because it's a niche where they can (or in Milo's case, could) make a lot of wingnut money.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Milo pre-gamergate called gamers loser nerds so he's 100% an empty husk that just says whatever to get easy money from hateful dupes.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Improbable Lobster posted:

Get a load of this idiot who doesn't have Tei on ignore.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

YES

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

The Dukes of Westminster pilot's looking good.

ThingOne fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 24, 2017

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Begemot posted:

Get a load of this idiot who doesn't have Tei on ignore.

Your life must be really boring.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Is Bish on board with single payer? :monocle:

This one would work better if it were drawn in an endless loop.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

NO LIBERAL IT IS YOU WHO IS TAKING A DUMP ON PROCEDURE

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

I don't like this cartoon because 1) by all accounts the Trump foreign policy team is remarkably competent and conservative (as in preserving the status quo as opposed to Movement Conservative) and seems opposed to pretty much everything Trump does and says and 2) Tillerson specifically appears distressingly cozy with China, not with Russia.

E: unless this was about a news item where Tillerson missed a NATO conference because he was visiting Russia, I've been out of the loop the past few days.

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Mar 24, 2017

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

What the everloving gently caress is this even saying?

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Erenthal posted:

White people and Asians good, brown people bad.

Edit: I should be more careful

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 24, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Erenthal posted:

Immigration is bad, because even though it gives us the variety of people in the first panel (which the left congratulates themselves over), the MUSLIMS ARE KILLING EVERYBODY and MUST BE BANNED!!!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Erenthal posted:

"Liberals' love of diversity blinds them to the inherent evil of all Muslims".

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Erenthal posted:

britain needs to introduce affirmative action for terrorist groups to promote a wider racial diversity amongst killers

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Abyssal Squid posted:

I don't like this cartoon because 1) by all accounts the Trump foreign policy team is remarkably competent and conservative (as in preserving the status quo as opposed to Movement Conservative) and seems opposed to pretty much everything Trump does and says and 2) Tillerson specifically appears distressingly cozy with China, not with Russia.

E: unless this was about a news item where Tillerson missed a NATO conference because he was visiting Russia, I've been out of the loop the past few days.

I believe it's in response to Trump going to a NATO meeting because Tillerson is going to be in China. But I'm only partially remembering a discussion in #poligoons.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

Definitely a candidate for "Worst Memorial" at the gaybies this year, jeez.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

I don't get this one, if only there were some more labels to explain it.

Angepain posted:

britain needs to introduce affirmative action for terrorist groups to promote a wider racial diversity amongst killers
Easy solution: Tear up the good friday agreement.

Tobermory
Mar 31, 2011

Abyssal Squid posted:

Tillerson was originally planning to skip the NATO summit so he could hang with Xi Jinping and then head to Russia the following week. NATO just rescheduled the meeting, so now Tillerson is hanging out with NATO before he hangs out with China and then he'll visit Russia.

Anyway, who's been saying that Tillerson isn't close to Russia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I love how Lester is such an unimaginable piece of human garbage he couldn't help himself and had to draw the British guy as a fat ugly stereotype.

I honestly hope this creates a massive scandal on him and Britain calls him a dickface in all it's newspapers.

• Locked thread