Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

1. I think people don't like Marrakesh because it feels so disjointed. Here's a bustling marketplace, a Metal Gear Solid sneaky school zone, a riot/protest that's tiny, and the consulate itself is a quiet business building. Neat places, but they do not gel together.

I've played Hitman up through Marrakesh, and it was the first level that I had no desire to replay. I think this is exactly why I didn't care for it. (I've also seen people criticize the fact that the marketplace crowds seem like an interesting idea, but in practice don't really add that much to the gameplay. I think that's true too, because those crowds are completely separated from the two target areas.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Marrakesh is fun for sniper challenges and side contracts, though. It seems like it'd be a better Splinter Cell level than a Hitman level though. Opposite of the India one.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Harrow posted:

Sometimes I fall asleep watching How It's Made. It's like the perfect combination of being interesting enough that if I don't sleep I'm not angry that it's on, and boring enough that it can lull me to sleep most of the time anyway :v:

It's that quiet soothe of the host. He is excited about how things are made but he keeps it almost completely contained, only occasionally slipping up and sounding mildly satisfied with automated goods manufacture for brief moments before reining it in.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Some friends of ours have a 5-year old kid who, no joke, screams at the top of her lungs in every social situation EXCEPT when they put on youtube videos of people unboxing My Little Pony figurines. The kid sits there just totally enamored by that poo poo while a pair of hands fumbles around trying to untie the little plastic wires. Totally blows my mind.
they should see if ashens works too

Serf
May 5, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

Some friends of ours have a 5-year old kid who, no joke, screams at the top of her lungs in every social situation EXCEPT when they put on youtube videos of people unboxing My Little Pony figurines. The kid sits there just totally enamored by that poo poo while a pair of hands fumbles around trying to untie the little plastic wires. Totally blows my mind.

Call me crazy but this does not bode well for that kid's future.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Serf posted:

You should look up the stats on those videos and see how you feel about future generations in general

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Serf posted:

Toy unboxing videos are hyper popular with children which is why disney bought them all and they only unbox disney properties

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Ya know when your mom bought you a toy and you were so excited to go home and open it up? Well kids are basically mainlining that feeling directly into their eyeballs now

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

opening the box wasn't the part I was excited about

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

my little nephew loves to watch kinder egg videos and some korean cars knockoff

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Good morning everybody, how is everyone doing this mornin

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

i just woke!!! up!!!

i am above 75% on steamcompletionist finally (75.1!!) and i'm not sure what to play next. it'll either be broken age act 2 or hopiko

Serf
May 5, 2011

The unboxing aspect (while odd) is not the curious part.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

MMF Freeway posted:

Ya know when your mom bought you a toy and you were so excited to go home and open it up? Well kids are basically mainlining that feeling directly into their eyeballs now

With games I liked reading the instruction manual on the way home

I guess kids now read the day one edition DLC code

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

we all already wrecked our brains pleasure centers on videogames and look where it got us, next generation doesnt even stand a chance. they will be irony poisoned anhedonic nihilists by the time they are 10

actually that sounds great

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

babypolis posted:

we all already wrecked our brains pleasure centers on videogames and look where it got us, next generation doesnt even stand a chance. they will be irony poisoned anhedonic nihilists by the time they are 10

actually that sounds great

Probably for the best considering when they're growing up.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ohWEl2QfT0

the english version was taken down but he says "MEGANIZE ME"

what the gently caress. lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

Poz my meganize hole

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

i just woke!!! up!!!

i am above 75% on steamcompletionist finally (75.1!!) and i'm not sure what to play next. it'll either be broken age act 2 or hopiko

Yay, congrats on working your way through more of your backlog :D

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Ten-year-old Aki Light is transformed by nano-core technology into MegaMan, a hero on a super-powered quest to protect Silicon City.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You should look up the stats on those videos and see how you feel about future generations in general

i used to sniff video game boxes for twenty minutes at a time so i dont think this generation is much weirder

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't understand the problem with that. It's a cheesy goofy kid's shown catchphrase in a cheesy goofy children's show based off a property where the protagonists were originally named Rock and Roll and were changed to "Mega Man"

If you're not expecting the new Mega Man cartoon to be a kid's cartoon then so be it but thinking that Mega Man even adapted 100% accurately wouldn't be a cheesy kid's cartoon is kind of shortsighted. At best it'd be closer to Astro Boy instead of Ben 10. (Since, uh, Mega Man is Astro Boy in Casshern cosplay.) Nobody is going to tell the story of the boy robot Mega Man fighting Cut Man, Guts Man and Dr. Wily and not have it be cheesy as poo poo.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 24, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

headlander is on sale but idk if its worth getting or waiting on.

it seems like a solid if not must play game but its double fine so i think its gonna be ps+ at some point cause tim shafer is thirsty for that last penny.

guidance please?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

If anybody cares and has a JP PSN account, there's a Ys VIII demo up there now. Could be worth checking out.

stream it if you get it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I bought it last time it​ was on sale but I haven't played it yet, sorry.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

I bought it last time it​ was on sale but I haven't played it yet, sorry.

thanks sak. that's all the help i need.

too much better poo poo to play now for me too

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gimme the mustache dlc.

https://twitter.com/starshadowmagic/status/845134238856888320?s=09

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DalaranJ posted:

Oh, 20 years ago me must have been ignorant. Can you warp to each star location or something?

The world map is a level select screen

Also the Samus cameo is missable iirc

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One week of March left with seemingly no notable releases left, so what's GotM?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

nier or zelda

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've yet to play a 2017 release (which will change with the Dark Souls 3 DLC I guess)

e: oops I guess a Night in the Woods, also I forgot a word in my post

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 24, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

I've yet to play a 2017 release (which will change with the Dark Souls 3 I guess)

that came out 1 year ago

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I think they're talking about the DLC.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Phantasium posted:

I think they're talking about the DLC.

Yeah sorry.

Of course I download all my games, all of my games are downloadable content if u think about it

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

bloodychill posted:

Math videos are too interesting for me. I recommend listening to people unbox new games. That may be the most boring thing on youtube that is games related. Outside games, maybe scrapbook enthusiast channels?

It's a really good album! Something about the way they did the sound makes it feel "alive" in a way the previous albums did not, even though I very much enjoyed them as well.

Plastic Beach is my favorite album because I have to listen to all of it. I can't just listen to one song. I listend to some of the new Gorillaz song samples and Andromeda is loving great.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

I slept poorly and had a dream about botching a run in Sapienza. I have to get groceries today too, so I can't even go remedy the dream for a while. :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Ogre Battle 64 or Night in the Woods

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Night in the Woods came out in Feb.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BotW is probably the easy win for March's GotM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Shindragon posted:

Plastic Beach is my favorite album because I have to listen to all of it. I can't just listen to one song. I listend to some of the new Gorillaz song samples and Andromeda is loving great.

Ya know the stuff on their channel are full songs right? Not just the samples that leaked the other day.

Also, yeah Plastic Beach kicks rear end. I'd say Sweepstakes is the one song that sticks out to me as not being incredible, and even then it's still a pretty fun listen.

• Locked thread