Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Moola posted:

my favorite bug is right at the start of the game when you wake up in bed, and another NPC is inside of you

he immediately thanks you for rescuing him, but you arent supposed to meet him for like another 10 hours

AAA+ imo

Just curious, did you have another save created?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
no this was the first time I played the trial

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Moola posted:

my favorite bug is right at the start of the game when you wake up in bed, and another NPC is inside of you

drat this game wastes no time with the romance

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
The game really has some issues. I had 5 times where I entered the Nomad and it simply kept pressing the button, so I went to the Tempest. Again and again and again.

Also:

and the already famous double Drack:

and talking to invisible Vetra:

add to it the terrible lightning of the talk with Drack, the part after Voeld's fortress really, really was not QA'ed at all. So many, many bugs for the talks after it (also you lose your gun for the last cutscene again and use a bog standard Pathfinder gun)

At least the finally fixed one of my biggest complaints for ME 1-3: You finally use your guns in cutscenes!

Also, Liam is really, really trying too hard:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Decius posted:

At least the finally fixed one of my biggest complaints for ME 1-3: You finally use your guns in cutscenes!

Unfortunately this isn't consistent. There are still cutscenes where Ryder will pull out a gun you aren't equipped with.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Jesus Christ, this game is stupid. I just finished Voeld but haven't done the other planet they wanted me to do first, and Peebee just had a conversation with me about things that happened there that I haven't done yet.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wish I could return a PC game. No desire to play.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Wiseblood posted:

Unfortunately this isn't consistent. There are still cutscenes where Ryder will pull out a gun you aren't equipped with.

ffs

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

How do you change which direction you face when you are in cover? In other games you just press the direction and here he just sticks his rear end out of cover instead of pointing his gun there.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

dumb and kinda scared posted:

How do you change which direction you face when you are in cover? In other games you just press the direction and here he just sticks his rear end out of cover instead of pointing his gun there.
Press Alt.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I just finished the game.

I've not noticed any of the issues I'm reading about on this page. I mean, my auto saves got corrupted 2 or 3 times, and that was poo poo but even the more eye opening glitches you can find a dime-a-dozen on imgur never showed up.

I wrote up an effort post review that I'm not going to post because I figure you're all huge guys (and white noise effort posts are terrible) and I found it way too easy to nitpick.
Why is Tempest such a pain to get around? Why is the Nomad so transparently padding? Why is Salvage a thing? Why are the characters so cliche?

Having said that, I enjoyed my time with the game and don't regret it.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Schlesische posted:

I just finished the game.

I've not noticed any of the issues I'm reading about on this page. I mean, my auto saves got corrupted 2 or 3 times, and that was poo poo but even the more eye opening glitches you can find a dime-a-dozen on imgur never showed up.

I wrote up an effort post review that I'm not going to post because I figure you're all huge guys (and white noise effort posts are terrible) and I found it way too easy to nitpick.
Why is Tempest such a pain to get around? Why is the Nomad so transparently padding? Why is Salvage a thing? Why are the characters so cliche?

Having said that, I enjoyed my time with the game and don't regret it.

I'm actually looking for a goon trip report: yay or nay?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I can't tell if the writers made Cora the asari version of a big ol' weeb as a joke or if they were trying to make the asari seem less terrible by having your second-in-command respect them so much but either way man oh man Cora sucks

Genuinely shocked that Peebee ended up not being the worst crew member. Then again I haven't done her personal quest yet so she could pretty easily reclaim trash status

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Is there a skill planner live yet so I can waste even more of my life on this game?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

I wish I could return a PC game. No desire to play.

give me your digital game service password I'll play this instead of Crysis 2 but maybe not all the time

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
currently installing DAI

that is what this game has done to me

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Drifter posted:

Goddamn, I think the character creator is fuckin' awkward. This is what I got, but I couldn't make a solid Asian character. Their faces are all flat as bulldogs (not that that's bad, but it's not what I wanted).

And it's funny that the facial animation seems like it's all mesh warp and skew rather than actual 3d model movements. Like, were they animating in Photoshop or After Effects instead of, like, Maya or something?

she looks good i think

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

xxEightxx posted:

I'm actually looking for a goon trip report: yay or nay?

If you really like ME1 to the point where you play through it twice a year, you might find the Nomad and Exploration mechanics interesting, the horrible UI and AI an acceptable tradeoff and the story and characters right up your alley.

But it's not worth more than US$50 even to someone who is like that.
I found it enjoyable, but realistically it is what it is and since the game's "Demo" is literally the most boring facets of the game (the first 10 hours), I'd really recommend a "try before you buy" approach.

Walrus Pete posted:

I can't tell if the writers made Cora the asari version of a big ol' weeb as a joke or if they were trying to make the asari seem less terrible by having your second-in-command respect them so much but either way man oh man Cora sucks

Genuinely shocked that Peebee ended up not being the worst crew member. Then again I haven't done her personal quest yet so she could pretty easily reclaim trash status

SPOILERS

Cora's personal quest goes down the "hero worship" trope, and if you read into her story with the same amount of stuff as people did with Garrus it's actually a pretty tragic story where she keeps placing her trust in people who really don't care.

PeeBee's personal story quickly descends into this weird Tomb Raider-y storyline where you're fighting off a rival to her useless scrap remnant artifact collection who also happens to be a former lover or something. Her personal quest makes her vaguely more likeable depending on the outcome

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 24, 2017

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Moola posted:

currently installing DAI

that is what this game has done to me

This game is not worse than Dragon Age, dude. Don't do this to yourself.

Metallia posted:

she looks good i think

Oh, yeah, She's fine, but I've seen pretty noice lookin' asian Ryders, but the asian model looks like a mongolian farmer (again, not that there's anything wrong with that, just not to my tastes, or to the voice actor's sound).

Bioware hosed up when they didn't let one facial hair model be "cat whiskers" and a hair option have tiny little cat ears poking out from the hair.

:mad:

Also, sometimes - SOMETIMES - Cora has nice eyes, with veins and not super bright white and poo poo, but most of the time all the eyes are white as gently caress and just weird.

Bioware (montreal) just loving is the laziest. I guess they're the only Bioware now (since Dragon Age is dead to me :colbert: - Although Mass Effect is coming close)

Drifter fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 24, 2017

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My Ryder has been pretty much flirting with everyone in sight. Is it like Witcher 3 where if you try to get with more than one you end up with nothing? Or can I bang everyone no strings attached?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hobo Clown posted:

My Ryder has been pretty much flirting with everyone in sight. Is it like Witcher 3 where if you try to get with more than one you end up with nothing? Or can I bang everyone no strings attached?

You can have a fling with the historian lady on Aya that gives you fetch quests and also the Asari reporter. I think every other romance is "exclusive" after a certain point.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

God drat are the sodoku puzzles lovely, why would I want to do that instead of literally any other hacking puzzle ever in video games.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
how do I summon the nomad

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Is there any reason why they removed the AI companions from fights? I mean, they are running around and they do useless callouts but they do literally zero damage and they barely draw any fire. Why are they even there?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Falken posted:

Press Alt.

Goddamn poetry

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

how do I summon the nomad

Teleport to a forward station. There's also a button ON the forward station, if for some reason you feel like walking there on foot.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Falken posted:

I'm getting a weird glitch now where a kett base is getting reinforcements via Alliance Kodiak shuttle. :psyduck:

Cerberus: a new mission, for a new galaxy!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Drifter posted:

well I came here to figure out if I should buy/would enjoy this game so that might answer that. I have pretty low standards to be pleased with most games -- I don't play many these days and DAI was plenty entertaining for me. My main requirement to enjoy a game is fun and fluid combat (preferred playstyle is usually melee or midrange heavy hitter).

Is ME:A worth a try for me?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Drifter posted:

its too late for me, im doing it

dehumanize yourself and face is tired from, everything

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have pretty low standards to be pleased with most games

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

absolutely!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like it so far. I didn't play DAI after DA2 burned me (although I didn't mind the story in that) but this game reminds me of DA:O especially the cutscenes. It seems to have the same dead expressions and lighting very weird.

First two companions are weird as gently caress and Ryder is boring and Nolan North sucks but combat seems alright.

What a odd game. It definitely seems like the made for tv remake of a classic movie.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

well I came here to figure out if I should buy/would enjoy this game so that might answer that. I have pretty low standards to be pleased with most games -- I don't play many these days and DAI was plenty entertaining for me. My main requirement to enjoy a game is fun and fluid combat (preferred playstyle is usually melee or midrange heavy hitter).

I liked DA:I and thought it was a fun romp; I like ME:A and think it is a fun romp.

It doesn't have the best narrative and it loses a bit of OG ME flair, but imo so what? it's a solid-if-buggy 7/10 with fun combat and movement.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

:getin: you should be a spacepunchmanlady

also bottom left dialogue option: holy poo poo some of the space opera cheese is fantastic

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Awesome! Thank you friends :)

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

If literally all you care about is combat then I'd at least try it, yeah. Just don't expect a polished experience or for a good (or even acceptable) overarching plot.

Also I strenuously object to the idea that this game is somehow better then DA:I, so YMMV.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Empress Brosephine posted:

I like it so far. I didn't play DAI after DA2 burned me (although I didn't mind the story in that) but this game reminds me of DA:O especially the cutscenes. It seems to have the same dead expressions and lighting very weird.

First two companions are weird as gently caress and Ryder is boring and Nolan North sucks but combat seems alright.

What a odd game. It definitely seems like the made for tv remake of a classic movie.

Someone put it best I think when they said ME:A is to ME1-3 what JJTrek is to older Trek.

edit: So wait, is the goon consensus that DA:I was a bad game? Cause it really wasn't.

Nancy fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 24, 2017

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
How do you shift shoulder view from cover on the Xbone?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

If literally all you care about is combat then I'd at least try it, yeah. Just don't expect a polished experience or for a good (or even acceptable) overarching plot.

Also I strenuously object to the idea that this game is somehow better then DA:I, so YMMV.

Combat's definitely my number one. I used to live on a diet of FPSes but those don't seem to let you customize your playstyle too often anymore.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a good analogy. The games writing is stupidly sarcastic and unserious. Where's Shepard was a serious man, Ryder is the Seth McFarland type.

It seems like this game had the writing team from Dragon Age 2. A lot of the lines remind me of the stupid poo poo from that game and I wouldn't be surprised if I hear a "gigglesquee" sometime. It's like Family Guy did a riff on Mass Effect.

That's not to say it's bad, it's just odd. A Polish version of Mass Effect along the lines of how Two Worlds was to Oblivion.

Gameplay is fun, although I dislike how even on one mission you all of a sudden get thirty sub missions but what can you do.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
If you get a red notification about an item that means it's destroyed right? I got a notification about a fusion mod as I was trying to fight my way out of an activated vault having started up a separate console in the same room with no obvious effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Did we got duped to buy Dragon Age Inquisition 2 with Mass Effect style weapons and spells?