Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Finally caught the drat thing in stock on Amazon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

You will not regret it. The Switch is awesome.

I was working my way though a dungeon boss in Zelda last night on the tv. Got the bastard down to 20% health. Something came up and I had to stop.

Switch is sitting on my desk and I'm going to hop right back in and finish the fight during lunch.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i was able to grab a switch off amazon
it might go out in minutes but its worth checking

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

RME posted:

i was able to grab a switch off amazon
it might go out in minutes but its worth checking

Yeah they must have a ton it's been in stock for 12+ minutes

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Oh sweet I should be able to play during that 11-12 Splatoon slot tonight. :dance:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

shovelbum posted:

Yeah they must have a ton it's been in stock for 12+ minutes

i think it's the first time theyve put it back in stock since it launched, so maybe they've been accumulating?
who knows except some specific amazon employee really

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

RME posted:

i think it's the first time theyve put it back in stock since it launched, so maybe they've been accumulating?
who knows except some specific amazon employee really

Yeah nobody likes it when something sells out in 3 seconds, Amazon has an image of gigantitude to maintain

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

shovelbum posted:

Finally caught the drat thing in stock on Amazon

Thanks for this, I caught it too, still up as of like two minutes ago.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Better hurry because even Kotaku is screaming how it's in stock.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

BoI spoilers:
To unlock the lost do you still need to do the whole ordeal? Or do you just die with the missing poster in the sacrifice room ?

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Thanks for this, I caught it too, still up as of like two minutes ago.

Out of stock now

Abisteen
Sep 30, 2005

Oh my God what the fuck am I?
For anyone who wasn't able to get in on the Amazon prime batch (still shows available for me at this moment but adding to cart says out of stock). GameStop has actual non overpriced bundles available for order if you go into the store. I ordered gray system + Zelda and xpac + snipperclips, shovel knight, and Fast RMX for 445 which is exactly equal to MSRP. Will ship by 3/31 so if you aren't in a hurry it's a low effort way to go.

They had a neon bundle for a couple bucks more that swapped shovel knight for Has Been Heroes and Fast RMX for Zelda strategy guide.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Chernabog posted:

BoI spoilers:
To unlock the lost do you still need to do the whole ordeal? Or do you just die with the missing poster in the sacrifice room ?

Last time I did it (on PS4) I had to do all of the events. Not sure if you can cheese it

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
So glad I preordered the Switch. This in and out of stock stuff would make me crazy.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Fremry posted:

So glad I preordered the Switch. This in and out of stock stuff would make me crazy.

It really is nice being on the other side of the battle after wishing I had done the same for Wii.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

I can't Splat tonight as I'll be at a football match, but I think I'll be able to Splat tomorrow and Sunday. :woop:

You're thinking small, friend. This is Nintendo Switch. You can play Splatoon at the football match!

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
If you preordered here in the UK you could have completed the one good game and then sold it on for comfortable profit by now.

I haven't played a switch yet, are the controller that come with the console lovely and should I buy a pro controller, or will I be alright with the packed in one's? I'm rich if that makes any difference

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Harlock posted:

Last time I did it (on PS4) I had to do all of the events. Not sure if you can cheese it

The wiki has the first method as dlc and the second is not crossed over so it is not very clear.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Fremry posted:

Yeah, if finances had allowed, I wanted to preorder, but that darn responsibility thing kept telling me no. Glad it didn't take too long once we had the means. Hopefully this is the beginning of a second wave and it'll be better for a while.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I went to Gamestop an hour early the morning after the announcement to preorder and there was nobody in line.

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
S pectacular
W onderfull
I mpeccable
T iny
C ool
H eavenly

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Crafty posted:

If you preordered here in the UK you could have completed the one good game and then sold it on for comfortable profit by now.

I haven't played a switch yet, are the controller that come with the console lovely and should I buy a pro controller, or will I be alright with the packed in one's? I'm rich if that makes any difference

I like the joy cons on the grip but I have considered getting a pro controller just so I don't need to attach and detach them constantly.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Bloop posted:

You're thinking small, friend. This is Nintendo Switch. You can play Splatoon at the football match!
Sadly 45k people crammed into a tiny area usually means no data.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Anyone have a link to that article where the guy tested a bunch of different power bricks with his switch?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Crafty posted:

lol if you've completed botw already

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG4ihWOEtpA&t=159s

:captainpop:

it's probably not even scratched.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do you guys have a travel case you recommend?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Got one on the Amazon restock earlier. What are the best accessories? Specifically screen protectors and cases? Should I get a 2nd ac adaptor? Is there a guide for all of this?

Milosh
Oct 14, 2000
Forum Veteran
Got it off amazon. Zelda on the toilet in two days.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now I gotta physically go to a store and buy Zelda, lame

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack
Does anybody know when Has Been Heroes is supposed to drop? Or if there's a standard time these things come down on release days? Nevermind, it isn't coming out until TUESDAY. I'm an idiot.

Been waiting to see something other than a gif of this, and it's obvious watching the video that this is edited. The Switch doesn't even have a trajectory to line up with the dock before it just magically darts ahead an inch and slides in.

I Am Frick fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 24, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

shovelbum posted:

Now I gotta physically go to a store and buy Zelda, lame

You could download it.

You shouldn't probably, but you could.

Evil Robot
May 20, 2001
Universally hated.
Grimey Drawer
Amazon got me same day delivery with the Switch. Awesome; see you in 12 hours Switch.

Wait, why shouldn't you download Zelda?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Evil Robot posted:

Amazon got me same day delivery with the Switch. Awesome; see you in 12 hours Switch.

Cause it's a bad game, get shovél knight instead.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Evil Robot posted:

No cool game card or box :colbert:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Evil Robot posted:

You can't eat a digital download or sell it back to GameStop for $5.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Evil Robot posted:

It's a Nintendo game so you can resell it at nearly full price years later.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

I Am Frick posted:

Been waiting to see something other than a gif of this, and it's obvious watching the video that this is edited. The Switch doesn't even have a trajectory to line up with the dock before it just magically darts ahead an inch and slides in.

Uh, yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG4ihWOEtpA&t=457s

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Chernabog posted:

BoI spoilers:

In theory you can do the latter as long as you do it with Isaac explicitly, but I keep ending up in situations where I really don't want to "waste" my run by the time I get it so I'm not 100% sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Got Neo Turf Masters. Not sure how I feel about it. I didn't play a whole lot, but how blatantly it screams emulation kinda puts me off. I mean, that menu, and the buttons being all weird. I don't know... It's probably a great game, and I will give it more time, but it FEELS like something a less honest me would have stolen from the internet and played on my computer.

• Locked thread