Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

How many poor people are white? Their suffering is okay? Because they're stupid crackers

Fam where the gently caress did I say this you're just making poo poo up to be angry about.

I said no white person in the USA suffers because they are white. Whereas black people do suffer just because they are black.

I really don't know how you get "therefore all white people are bad!" from that statement. I really really loving don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Poor whites still have more power than poor blacks, bro

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

A Pale Horse posted:

lol, no it didn't and no he didn't, he did win the electoral vote though, I'll give you that. He's also shedding support at an alarming rate already and we're only about three months into his administration.

1 - When half the country are fascists threatening to beat your head in for supporting Trump, you keep your vocal support of him low. It's like saying you're a jew in WW2 germany - pretty loving stupid. Leading to pretty inaccurate polls.

2 - Trump supporters were big league at showing up to vote, so even if your fake news numbers were real, it'd still be a 40% that is much more likely to vote than much of the 60% fascist opposition.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Tired Moritz posted:

You still haven't told people where your thoughts come from other than racism.

what thre gently caress kind of question is this

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This is the most boilerplate liberal tripe that exists

Poor white people hosed up, cuz they're white, they must've hosed up bad

No poor whites are suffering because uncontrolled capitalism raped them as it eventually rapes everybody who fucks with it, but it ain't because they're white.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Fam where the gently caress did I say this you're just making poo poo up to be angry about.

I said no white person in the USA suffers because they are white.

How do you know that? Is that a provable fact? You know the root of suffering? Please explain the mechanics of suffering in the United States, I'd say it's due to money

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

nigga crab pollock posted:

what thre gently caress kind of question is this

You said a bunch of racist poo poo then said "but it's not bc I'm racist" so someone asked "well what's the reasoning then behind the racist poo poo you're saying" and you're just going "you must just believe the lieberal media!"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
we should all gently caress

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

How do you know that? Is that a provable fact? You know the root of suffering? Please explain the mechanics of suffering in the United States, I'd say it's due to money

Oh come the gently caress on dude. It's money and it's all sorts of other poo poo, too.

No white person in the USA has been lynched by black people just for trying to vote.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Theres a little radio transmitter in my ear that gets my thoughts directly beamed to me from an undisclosed location in the nevada desert

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

lovely Wizard posted:

1 - When half the country are fascists threatening to beat your head in for supporting Trump, you keep your vocal support of him low. It's like saying you're a jew in WW2 germany

Yeah the Jews sure were sitting pretty in Germany in 1939 what with their chosen elected leader in place...

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I dont think everyday feminism "gets" trolling

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
KKK members didn't drag black people behind their trucks because of money.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Legit believe spunky is poor because they don't seem to pass third grade

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Jontrons were 1% of the population, and their wealth was destroyed in the Videogame War.

My relatives didn't even come here until after Jontron, same with Jontron .

How many poor Jons are Trons? Their suffering is okay? Jontron is a stupid cracker.

agreed.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
i bought a trump shirt and my mom told me not to wear it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

lovely Wizard posted:

1 - When half the country are fascists threatening to beat your head in for supporting Trump, you keep your vocal support of him low. It's like saying you're a jew in WW2 germany - pretty loving stupid. Leading to pretty inaccurate polls.

2 - Trump supporters were big league at showing up to vote, so even if your fake news numbers were real, it'd still be a 40% that is much more likely to vote than much of the 60% fascist opposition.

Oh dear....

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Voters in FL who were black in 2000 didn't get disenfranchised at a greater rate than any other group because they were just poor.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Oh come the gently caress on dude. It's money and it's all sorts of other poo poo, too.

No white person in the USA has been lynched by black people just for trying to vote.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/11/12/chicago-man-attacked-beaten-you-voted-trump-orig-vstop-dlewis.cnn

Wrong

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

In the case of white people its due to money and the fact that 50% of the country is too poor to compensate for a 500 dollar emergency in the monthly budget. This is due to uncontrolled, unrestrained capitalism (BTW I'm not a commie, so please don't mininterpret) which has led to the biggest wealth gap since before the great depression. In the case of nonwhite people its because of that and racism.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

KKK members didn't drag black people behind their trucks because of money.

Actually they did numbnuts, what do you think is at the core of racism

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Ok I'm taking off my posting overalls....

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I mean for gently caress's sake we just posted an infographic showing how even in the same wealth and social status black people get jailed more than white people.

Uh huh def the same thing as Jim Crow laws!

Def the same thing as uh the war on drugs.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

nigga crab pollock posted:

i bought a trump shirt and my mom told me not to wear it

Her house, her rules, bro.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

YES! That's his point! White poor people are poor because of money (and being lower class, which bars doors for them), while minorities are not just poor in money, they are also relatively poor in opportunities. Being poor is not a moral failing for a white person, but it is arguably a more reversible position than it is for a minority from the same area.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Also they beat that guy up bc he voted for Trump, not just because he voted period.

Which is a pretty important distinction; not that you'll care.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

I mean for gently caress's sake we just posted an infographic showing how even in the same wealth and social status black people get jailed more than white people.

You posted an infographic about black men in their 20's during the crack epidemic, very nice sample there

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Skin color

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You posted an infographic about black men in their 20's during the crack epidemic, very nice sample there

When a black dude got murdered for trying to vote nothing happened because it was Mississippi and lol, meanwhile those people got arrested and are being tried for a hate crime.

TOTALLY THE SAME FUCKIN THING LOLOLLOOLOLOL

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yeah they def sat around going "lol let's kill that poor" and not "let's kill that n-----r for thinking he can vote like proper folk."

I agree that money and class spawns racism but lol dude c'mon.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

A Pale Horse posted:

Her house, her rules, bro.

no in fear of me getting beaten in public

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yikes, lovely wizard. Step up your troll game, it was good at the beginning.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

You said a bunch of racist poo poo then said "but it's not bc I'm racist" so someone asked "well what's the reasoning then behind the racist poo poo you're saying" and you're just going "you must just believe the lieberal media!"

I'm still waiting for you to explain what racist poo poo I said, since you accused me of saying "racist poo poo all the time" about a million pages back.

Anyway, I went and watched the Jon/Destiny debate and I'm still...plainly just puzzled by all of this. It took five minutes for the twitch stream chat to call Jon a Nazi, the debate doesn't really get interesting until about 12 minutes in, and I eventually had to stop about 45 minutes in because it's 2 hours long and both sides are stupid.

Destiny or whatever regurgitates a lot of talking points I've heard before, as does Jon. Destiny also tends to back Jon into a corner OR put words in his mouth a lot. Jon basically says why shouldn't the white majority of America be allowed to express upset if they perceive their majority being encroached upon? He emphasizes that every stable society has a "majority" and with that "majority" presently being, in his opinion, eroded at by, in this case, immigration, is blowback against that truly racist, or is the race issue a knee-jerk thing?

He also said that he's guilty of association because neo-Nazis responded to his words; he also asked Destiny why he doesn't denounce his Communist followers. Destiny rather wimply said that Communism is an economic thing, nothing like the fascistic and racist ideologies of Naziism, clearly forgetting his own history as Chairman Mao used Communism to justify exterminating religious temples and religious sects and forcing secularism by gunpoint upon his populace.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
She Said It Was A Nice Shirt

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

When a black dude got murdered for trying to vote nothing happened because it was Mississippi and lol, meanwhile those people got arrested and are being tried for a hate crime.

TOTALLY THE SAME FUCKIN THING LOLOLLOOLOLOL

Yeah they def sat around going "lol let's kill that poor" and not "let's kill that n-----r for thinking he can vote like proper folk."

What year was this

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Well, how does the mass incarceration of blacks due to crack epidemic jazz with the opioid epidemic, and the lack of any comparable mass incarceration among whites? (That I know of)

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
At the core of racism is power + money controlled by one race and not another.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Destiny or whatever regurgitates a lot of talking points I've heard before, as does Jon. Destiny also tends to back Jon into a corner OR put words in his mouth a lot. Jon basically says why shouldn't the white majority of America be allowed to express upset if they perceive their majority being encroached upon? He emphasizes that every stable society has a "majority" and with that "majority" presently being, in his opinion, eroded at by, in this case, immigration, is blowback against that truly racist, or is the race issue a knee-jerk thing?

Because that's textbook racism. Why does it matter which race is in the majority if you really believe in human equality? Is a black or Latino American less American than a white American? The point is they're all Americans and if you're concerned about which race is the majority the only logical reason for that is if you don't think they're all equal and one is better than the other which is loving racism in a nutshell.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
See, in a society that truly values free speech, both sides of this debate would have their words weighed and the important take-away from it should be the discussion and ideas it promotes, with both "sides" ultimately contributing to a single whole, that being an expansion of knowledge on a topic and an understanding of opposing points of view.

When you start shouting about "NAZIS" and say that one side is objectively wrong and so on, then there's no expansion of knowledge nor any consideration of other perspectives; there's just people who want to lecture others.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

At the core of racism is power + money controlled by one race and not another.

Yeah and white people still has lots of money+power. What's your point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Uh oh there are treats in my bra, smells like a sweet cheese?

• Locked thread