Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

He also said that he's guilty of association because neo-Nazis responded to his words; he also asked Destiny why he doesn't denounce his Communist followers. Destiny rather wimply said that Communism is an economic thing, nothing like the fascistic and racist ideologies of Naziism, clearly forgetting his own history as Chairman Mao used Communism to justify exterminating religious temples and religious sects and forcing secularism by gunpoint upon his populace.

The point, you moron, is that communism's ideology doesn't call for that poo poo whereas fascism's explicitly does as a means of perpetuating its system and war economy.

No poo poo communists have been authoritarian dictators but guess what so have capitalists and no one is saying "democracy and capitalism cannot co-exist."

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm still waiting for you to explain what racist poo poo I said, since you accused me of saying "racist poo poo all the time" about a million pages back.

here's a couple selected excerpts of your posting which leads me to believe you're a douche

quote:

lmao yeah so it's fine to just hurl abuse at white people and claim all sorts of racial generalizations about white people and it's fine yeah it's all fine

loving human being

quote:

I'm trans-sympathetic. Which means I feel sympathy that we allow mentally ill people to mutilate their bodies to sustain an unhealthy delusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Would a poor white homeless man be welcomed in by a restaurant whereas a rich black man be turned away due to skin color?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Would a poor white homeless man be welcomed in by a restaurant whereas a rich black man be turned away due to skin color?

Yeah brah that's def my argument and you're definitely not using hyperbole or acting disingenuous at all!!!

What about : if a cop arrests a man for possession of marijuana - do you think the man's skin color makes a difference in terms of whether the cop gives him a ticket or a warning or makes an arrest?

'Cuz if you say "no" loving LOL.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
A homeless black man definitely would be turned away

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

See, in a society that truly values free speech, both sides of this debate would have their words weighed and the important take-away from it should be the discussion and ideas it promotes, with both "sides" ultimately contributing to a single whole, that being an expansion of knowledge on a topic and an understanding of opposing points of view.

When you start shouting about "NAZIS" and say that one side is objectively wrong and so on, then there's no expansion of knowledge nor any consideration of other perspectives; there's just people who want to lecture others.

Remember what I said about non-racists viewing racists like most people view pedophiles and pedo-defenders? You're not going to negotiate with a pedophile to come to some mutually agreeable position (maybe lower the AoC to 13?) and we're not going to negotiate with racists.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah brah that's def my argument and you're definitely not using hyperbole or acting disingenuous at all!!!

What about : if a cop arrests a man for possession of marijuana - do you think the man's skin color makes a difference in terms of whether the cop gives him a ticket or a warning or makes an arrest?

'Cuz if you say "no" loving LOL.

So white people don't get arrested for weed?

What are you even saying.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

When you start shouting about "NAZIS" and say that one side is objectively wrong and so on, then there's no expansion of knowledge nor any consideration of other perspectives; there's just people who want to lecture others.

If you think brown immigrant hordes are washing away the USA's white heritage you are objectively wrong for several different reasons.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'm saying that a white person is more likely to get off with a warning or lighter sentence and I think you know that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

A Pale Horse posted:

Because that's textbook racism. Why does it matter which race is in the majority if you really believe in human equality? Is a black or Latino American less American than a white American? The point is they're all Americans and if you're concerned about which race is the majority the only logical reason for that is if you don't think they're all equal and one is better than the other which is loving racism in a nutshell.

So then, are racism and cultural identity not intrinsically tied? Is it possible to have a cultural identity devoid of racism? If so, would it be devoid of ALL measures of dividing peoples into groups? Can we define ourselves without defining "others"?

As I recall, you're not American, so I'll not weigh your assessment of American uniformity very heavily, but there IS a sincere case to be made that there is no actual "American" cultural identity. Most people identify with their "home lands" from generations back, or else identify as a racial, political or religious entity; but not as an American one.

Conservatives, and what Jon is touching on ties into this, believe America would be a better place if there was such a thing. They define it using race, which I do not think is the best route to take, but it's a point to be made: if this is a "melting pot" should not then by the end of the melting process the fondue be, while flavorful and blending all that which went into it, should it not be recognizable as a singular "whole"?

ISIS, ideologically, opposes Democracy and Western individualism. It is an anathema to all this country stands for, and worse yet it is becoming the loudest voice for Islam in the world today; is it not logical for some to equate Islam with the very opposite of everything America represents, individual liberty and freedom of choice?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

If you think brown immigrant hordes are washing away the USA's white heritage you are objectively wrong for several different reasons.

I'm saying that a white person is more likely to get off with a warning or lighter sentence and I think you know that.

You're actually just assuming things from your narrative standpoint

Firstly, because here in Chicago 50% of the police aren't even white so how does that play into your little fable

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He's saying despite the rates of drug use being roughly equal among the races, somehow whites get arrested for drug crimes 10 times less frequently disregarding all other factors.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

A Pale Horse posted:

Remember what I said about non-racists viewing racists like most people view pedophiles and pedo-defenders? You're not going to negotiate with a pedophile to come to some mutually agreeable position (maybe lower the AoC to 13?) and we're not going to negotiate with racists.

What do you have of value to barter with? What contribution do you have that can be withheld? I mean are you only going to make spreadsheets that don't benefit white people?

You have no bargaining power, and you're racist against white people for some perceived slight committed against you'd rather "fight" against white people against anyone that you could get actual change with?

In short, you are the racist.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Firstly, because here in Chicago 50% of the police aren't even white so how does that play into your little fable

Chicago is def representative of every department in the entire country right.

Maybe you're just assuming things from your narrative standpoint whereas I am basing my statements on actual numbers I have seen based on DoJ studies such as the one A Pale Horse just mentioned.

lovely Wizard posted:

Dude you have a loving pedo avatar.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Are you saying people aren't racist against blacks? Yes or no would suffice.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Chicago is def representative of every department in the entire country right.

Maybe you're just assuming things from your narrative standpoint whereas I am basing my statements on actual numbers I have seen based on DoJ studies such as the one A Pale Horse just mentioned.

So you're saying in some places, there may be some incidents of something

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
you all suck

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I'm not going to buy that game they took this internet man out of.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So you're saying in some places, there may be some incidents of something

Are you doing this on purpose or what? How are you misinterpreting and twisting literally everything I say so much lol?

I'm saying that on average black people are more likely to face stiffer penalties than a white person would get for the same exact crime. This isn't some made up hippy dippy bullshit, this is something you can verify with the Department of Justice.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

because it looks like a boring collectathon platformer that I burned out on in 2002

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Ok no one is taking me up on the orgy so I'll just concede that since humans have always been racist that means it is a part of our culture and therefore should be embraced.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

I don't, but I also don't think having strict border controls is synonymous with Nazism.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

me, to thread: nice godwin

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

Are you doing this on purpose or what? How are you misinterpreting and twisting literally everything I say so much lol?

I'm saying that on average black people are more likely to face stiffer penalties than a white person would get for the same exact crime. This isn't some made up hippy dippy bullshit, this is something you can verify with the Department of Justice.

All things being exactly equal in those cases?

What is more powerful in America, skin color or wealth

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

because it looks like a boring collectathon platformer that I burned out on in 2002

There are a lot of unreasonable opinions in this thread, but saying there shouldn't be a new collectathon platoformer is the most heinous thing I've heard so far today.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just gently caress me it's been 37 pages and all we're trying to do is make fun of the dude saying 'white heritage in America is being washed away by the brown immigrants' like gently caress off already we get it you agree that's happening well lol at you too then

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

All things being exactly equal in those cases?

What is more powerful in America, skin color or wealth

Wealth obv but that doesn't mean skin color ceases to matter whatsoever and a lot of poor as gently caress white people are racist as hell. Just like a lot of poor black people are not paragons of virtue, either.

Besides you can think inequality is bad in either case without having to be all 'it must be one or the other.'

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Seriously though, I'd never heard of that game and I bet others are in the same boat, they're probably gonna sell a bunch of extras because all publicity is good publicity - makes u think.

every game should have like a junior art designer fake flame-out and say weird poo poo like "I hear the natives smoke cat liver in canada and it's destroying white canada!!!" for money exposure.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

When threads are just like 4 people arguing in circles for 40 pages it's really the best good thread guys

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Seriously though, I'd never heard of that game and I bet others are in the same boat, they're probably gonna sell a bunch of extras because all publicity is good publicity - makes u think.

every game should have like a junior art designer fake flame-out and say weird poo poo like "I hear the natives smoke cat liver in canada and it's destroying white canada!!!" for money exposure.

It's true, I guess, and it seems Jontron's channel is doing fine also.

So in the end, it's all sort of pointless, sound and fury, signifying like, comments and subscribes.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

lovely Wizard posted:

What do you have of value to barter with? What contribution do you have that can be withheld? I mean are you only going to make spreadsheets that don't benefit white people?

You have no bargaining power, and you're racist against white people for some perceived slight committed against you'd rather "fight" against white people against anyone that you could get actual change with?

I'm white you monumental idiot.

Like everyone else in society, my contribution is my voice, my labor and my vote. If I was alone I wouldn't have much power, but I'm not alone, there are tens of millions of mes who will use their voice, their labor and their vote to further marginalize racism and create the society we want to see. Or we'll lose and be imprisoned or executed by whatever dystopian authoritarian authority exists but its worth the shot.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Ok no one is taking me up on the orgy so I'll just concede that since humans have always been racist that means it is a part of our culture and therefore should be embraced.

Are you a hot twinky 20 something?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Yikes if you have 8 bit scholar agreeing with you

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

A Pale Horse posted:

Are you a hot twinky 20 something?

I swear if I microwave another twinkie my brain tumor is going to be so mad.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Mordor She Wrote posted:

There are a lot of unreasonable opinions in this thread, but saying there shouldn't be a new collectathon platoformer is the most heinous thing I've heard so far today.

Jak: Hello?
Daxter: Hey man what's up it's your boy dax, are you ready for a brand-spanking new adventure?
Jak: Wait what? Who?
Daxter: Don't act like you don't remember me homeslice - we gonna collect all of the golden bananas again just like old times, gonna be righteous.
Jak: Ohhhhhhh, hey man what's up? Look this is a little awkward but like, I have a job now dude, I can't just go on adventures any more
Daxter: Oh poo poo you fight hte zorkanids professionally now??
Jak: No, I....I play dark souls on line, for money. Look, it's been great catching up, but I gotta go - Sif's calling.
Jak: Also the migration of lurkers is decimating precursor culture. Namaste.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Perhaps

The truth is in the middle

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

That's classism, not racism against whites. Would a restaurant with a dress code be equally likely to tolerate a white man in a hoodie, jeans and sneakers, as a black man in the same apparel?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

A Pale Horse posted:

I'm white you monumental idiot.

Like everyone else in society, my contribution is my voice, my labor and my vote. If I was alone I wouldn't have much power, but I'm not alone, there are tens of millions of mes who will use their voice, their labor and their vote to further marginalize racism and create the society we want to see. Or we'll lose and be imprisoned or executed by whatever dystopian authoritarian authority exists but its worth the shot.

You're puffing up your own importance. You and every single other anti-Trump protester were the evil empire. You lost, Hillary Clinton lost, and your great brand of evil has fallen so far that it will never recover. The right side of history won after all.

Righteousness is in power and are greater in number than you could ever believe. And we will stamp out the evil every time it tries to claw out of it's pit.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

See, in a society that truly values free speech, both sides of this debate would have their words weighed and the important take-away from it should be the discussion and ideas it promotes, with both "sides" ultimately contributing to a single whole, that being an expansion of knowledge on a topic and an understanding of opposing points of view.

Thesis: we shouldnt be racist
Antithesis: browns are wiping out whites
Synthesis: we should kill an equal number of people in each racial catagory

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lovely Wizard posted:

You're puffing up your own importance. You and every single other anti-Trump protester were the evil empire. You lost, Hillary Clinton lost, and your great brand of evil has fallen so far that it will never recover. The right side of history won after all.

Righteousness is in power and are greater in number than you could ever believe. And we will stamp out the evil every time it tries to claw out of it's pit.

lmao how much anime do you watch exactly

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
GBS sucks now

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

This may come as shock to you, but people do not have to be white to serve institutions that favor whites. In case of cops there is a whole bunch of procedures that make engagement with minorities, and escalation against minorities more likely regardless of the ethnicity of the officer.

Colonial powers used native troops to fire against native rebels - is that a proof that colonialism was built on equality and fair treatment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

steinrokkan posted:

That's classism, not racism against whites. Would a restaurant with a dress code be equally likely to tolerate a white man in a hoodie, jeans and sneakers, as a black man in the same apparel?

My essential argument has always been that classism is the problem in America, not racism.

• Locked thread