Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Takoluka posted:

You can't eat a digital download or sell it back to GameStop for $5.

Also it's a huge game so it burns up a lot of the Switch hard drive space out of the gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You are a fool to not taste a Zelda cartridge

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Robot posted:

Wait, why shouldn't you download Zelda?

All the reasons stated, plus you need to lick the cart to see how it tastes.

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Feenix posted:

Got Neo Turf Masters. Not sure how I feel about it. I didn't play a whole lot, but how blatantly it screams emulation kinda puts me off. I mean, that menu, and the buttons being all weird. I don't know... It's probably a great game, and I will give it more time, but it FEELS like something a less honest me would have stolen from the internet and played on my computer.

it's the best golf game. The reason to get it on the switch is so you can can play multi-player portably. You can already play emulated online via fightcade.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Been playing Isaac and the Switch version feels great. The only times I've hit slowdown are when doing things like using Tammy's Head with Azazel. I skipped out on Afterbirth+ on PC so some of the new features are great like the additional, more honest stats hud. Since I've played the Vita version I wasn't sure if the portability would be worth dipping again but this is superior to the Vita version.

One way they could make it better though is once you unlock the Cellar there should be a secret way to relock the Cellar. gently caress the cellar is what I'm getting at.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

The Bloop posted:

All the reasons stated, plus you need to lick the cart to see how it tastes.

Counter argument (I bought a physical copy), you only get 12 gold My Nintendo points instead of 60. Those are basically worthless so far though.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

ShiroTheSniper posted:

S pectacular
W onderfull
I mpeccable
T iny
C ool
H eavenly

Change T to and I will consider it.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Feenix posted:

Got Neo Turf Masters. Not sure how I feel about it. I didn't play a whole lot, but how blatantly it screams emulation kinda puts me off. I mean, that menu, and the buttons being all weird. I don't know... It's probably a great game, and I will give it more time, but it FEELS like something a less honest me would have stolen from the internet and played on my computer.

Getting over the weird "emulation" style controls is a big hurdle but it isn't that bad.You can hit a button to view them at any time.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Learning the NeoGeo-style controls after so many years is kind of tricky, the controls are usually backwards to what I'd feel they should be

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I haven't written it off. And I don't hate it. It just felt a little... cheap. I guess it's more of a principles thing than in practice...

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tbh I never got the hype for it. It's pretty and impressive for its time but it's nothing amazing or crazy like Hot Shots or Mario Golf GBC was.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Do Match Play with a friend.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

40min until Testfire! :woop:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

No cool game card or box :colbert:

Not even the physical release has those.

I mean, come on Nintendo, we're back to cartridges and Zelda didn't even get a gold one? smh

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

In theory you can do the latter as long as you do it with Isaac explicitly, but I keep ending up in situations where I really don't want to "waste" my run by the time I get it so I'm not 100% sure.

I guess I'll give it a shot if I find myself in the situation.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Infinitum posted:

40min until Testfire! :woop:

Yeah if you're not working normal daylight hours :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Yeah if you're not working normal daylight hours :smith:

I brought my Switch to work :getin:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I've been having a weird issue in BoI where those jumping upside down spider heads will hop to the upper left corner of a room then never move again. I've had to start some runs over where I had an awesome list of items because they'd end up behind a wall of rocks with no way for me to reach them

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I brought my Switch to work :getin:

:yeah:

I love having it in a little stand next to my monitors.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Found Zelda at the Gamestop, I basically got out of there as fast as I could, Shovel Knight is digital only right

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

grand theft grotto posted:

Been playing Isaac and the Switch version feels great. The only times I've hit slowdown are when doing things like using Tammy's Head with Azazel. I skipped out on Afterbirth+ on PC so some of the new features are great like the additional, more honest stats hud. Since I've played the Vita version I wasn't sure if the portability would be worth dipping again but this is superior to the Vita version.

One way they could make it better though is once you unlock the Cellar there should be a secret way to relock the Cellar. gently caress the cellar is what I'm getting at.

man not only can you not lock the cellar, they added a burning cellar just to complete the "gently caress you" of having multiple versions of the cellar to end up in but there's still only one basement

what i'm saying is there's a reason this game needs a quick reset button like the pc

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
My boss left early since it is such a nice day. Oh, well would you look at that, my Switch just happens to be right here next to me, and my Pro Controller is in my coat pocket!

:getin:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

10min to goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZjS6YMb7C4

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

shovelbum posted:

Found Zelda at the Gamestop, I basically got out of there as fast as I could, Shovel Knight is digital only right

It is right now but I wouldn't be surprised to see a physical release since it got one on other platforms.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
listening to some rockin tunes

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
waiting 2 mins until i spam zl + zr and get a connection time out.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
uh poo poo im in now.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

WE'RE LIVE!

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I've been having a weird issue in BoI where those jumping upside down spider heads will hop to the upper left corner of a room then never move again. I've had to start some runs over where I had an awesome list of items because they'd end up behind a wall of rocks with no way for me to reach them

There's a hidden timer that opens the doors of a room if you take forever to kill the monsters inside. Granted, it'll severely hamper your ability to make Boss Rush / Hush, but it's better than quitting.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Splatoon is cool. The gyro aiming is weird

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Damnit, whatever router setting that is preventing online Fast RMX matches from connecting, is doing the same for splatoon. Gotta see if I can find what setting is causing it. NAT type is open, so it's not that.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Consummate Professional posted:

Splatoon is cool. The gyro aiming is weird

Is it different from the first game?

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I played a match!!! It was fun!!!!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
I can't connect either. Bummer. I was able to practice for all of about 1 minute though, so that was cool.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Nerdrock posted:

There's a hidden timer that opens the doors of a room if you take forever to kill the monsters inside. Granted, it'll severely hamper your ability to make Boss Rush / Hush, but it's better than quitting.

Really? I've never seen this, how long does it take?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Infinitum posted:

WE'RE LIVE!

I don't like gyro aiming while in switch mode.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ChocNitty posted:

Damnit, whatever router setting that is preventing online Fast RMX matches from connecting, is doing the same for splatoon. Gotta see if I can find what setting is causing it. NAT type is open, so it's not that.

what, you mean you didn't open every port and forward it to your switch, breaking every other UDP-using device in your house?

(lol nintendo)

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Welp I got into one game successfully.

For some reason gyro aiming with the pro controller feels kinda weird. Maybe its just becasue I'm more used to the Wii U tablet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

Really? I've never seen this, how long does it take?

couldn't tell you exactly, but long enough for you to get really pissed off about the situation.

• Locked thread