Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

He's saying that the police purposefully escalate situations against minorities, and yet the ultimate escalation, death, is at the same rate for everyone

lol there's a word you just dropped in there out of nowhere

He said there are procedures in place that end up loving minorities more, that doesn't mean the cop is doing anything intentionally.

And fam so loving what if the ultimate escalation is more or less the same, that doesn't mean black kids caught with weed are punished the same as a white kid caught with weed that's just loving absurdity.

Here read this and if you say "oh ACLU not gonna" I'm going to lol eternal at you bc it's all cited and poo poo:

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/assets/141027_iachr_racial_disparities_aclu_submission_0.pdf

quote:

There are significant racial disparities in sentencing decisions in the United States.1

Sentences imposed on Black males in the federal system are nearly 20 percent longer than those imposed on white males convicted of similar crimes.2

Black and Latino offenders sentenced in state and federal courts face significantly greater odds of incarceration than similarly situated white offenders and receive longer sentences than their white counterparts in some jurisdictions.3

Black male federal defendants receive longer sentences than whites arrested for the same offenses and with comparable criminal histories.4

Research has also shown that race plays a significant role in the determination of which homicide cases result in death sentences.5

stick your head in the sand some more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Weirdo posted:

I mean, your posting screams ``I have not known the touch of a woman!`` Makes sense since you call yourself a wizard, wink wink.

Why are you assuming I'm not gay?

You mis-orientationed me and I want monetary compensation.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've lived in this igloo for 25 years.....what do you mean I can't get fios???

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

And fam so loving what if the ultimate escalation is more or less the same, that doesn't mean black kids caught with weed are punished the same as a white kid caught with weed that's just loving absurdity.

I've never heard of me or people I know just getting their weed shrugged off by suburban cops. That doesn't happen

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I've never heard of me or people I know just getting their weed shrugged off by suburban cops. That doesn't happen

It's happened to me three times lol I just wasn't gonna mention it because anecdotal

https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/assets/141027_iachr_racial_disparities_aclu_submission_0.pdf posted:

There are significant racial disparities in sentencing decisions in the United States.1

Sentences imposed on Black males in the federal system are nearly 20 percent longer than those imposed on white males convicted of similar crimes.2

Black and Latino offenders sentenced in state and federal courts face significantly greater odds of incarceration than similarly situated white offenders and receive longer sentences than their white counterparts in some jurisdictions.3

Black male federal defendants receive longer sentences than whites arrested for the same offenses and with comparable criminal histories.4

Research has also shown that race plays a significant role in the determination of which homicide cases result in death sentences.5

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
There's no point with arguing with racists. Bash the fasc, etc

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

lovely Wizard posted:

It`s ok, relationships are a lot of work, and meeting the right lady can be a matter of luck.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Weirdo posted:

It`s ok, relationships are a lot of work, and meeting the right lady can be a matter of luck.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
One of those three times the cop took my bong and I thought she was gonna smash it but she just poured the water out for me and put it back in my car like loving LOL dude

it was caked in resin too there was no pretending about it being a tobacco water pipe

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Racist gay men are also an issue tbh

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Moridin920 posted:

It's happened to me three times lol I just wasn't gonna mention it because anecdotal

Suburban cops just shrugged off weed? drat, youre lucky. City cops sure

Those statistics take into account economic factors?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Mods can we get a ruling on who won the argument here

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

get this, jontron also believes in global warming....lmao

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

get this, jontron also believes in global warming....lmao

what a jabroni

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

last week on jontron's counting stream, The Road to 100, he said......69 ahaha it was hilarious and he had no clue

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
holy gently caress how do we have an almost 40 page thread about video game titties? I mean I like them as much as the next guy but enough is enough guys!!!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

A Pale Horse posted:

Remember what I said about non-racists viewing racists like most people view pedophiles and pedo-defenders? You're not going to negotiate with a pedophile to come to some mutually agreeable position (maybe lower the AoC to 13?) and we're not going to negotiate with racists.

This is an extremely alarming equivocation. You may hate bigotry and all the vile things that spawn from it, but there is no way you can rationally say that holding a negative opinion of an idea of a race is the equivalent to somebody wanting to having sex with a child. To wit, pedophiles in this society are, once caught, effectively branded for death. The justice system does not sentence them as such, but it is left to vigilante groups or their fellow prisoners instead. The fact remains is that pedophilia is statistically quite rare; racism is quite common, and also quite subjective. I do not think somebody who wants to not have immigrants move into their neighborhood deserves to die.

And who is this we? "We're not going to negotiate with racists"? Are you part of an extremist group? Because it sort of sounds like you're talking like some kind of extremist group.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I assume so based on the wording here:

quote:

:shrug:

If you want to examine the sources and nitpick them we can I won't fault you for that.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
holy gently caress guys there was supposed to be tiities? ok now i am really mad.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Despite the U.S. Supreme Court’s longtime prohibition on discrimination in jury selection in Batson v. Kentucky, 40 people of color continue to be excluded from capital juries at alarming rates.41

Appellate courts in Tennessee and North Carolina have never reversed a case under Batson, even in a case in which the prosecutor admitted he had struck two women from the jury because they were “black women.”

quote:

While most executions take place on the state level, the federal government can also subject people to the death penalty. In fact, a study of the federal death penalty released in 2000 found that 89 percent of defendants prosecuted capitally were people of color.49

So if poor people commit crimes generally the same why are almost 90% of death sentences on a federal level on not white people?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

This isnt the video game tiddys fight, nooner

This is the video game COMMENTATOR racial nationalism fight

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

So like, what are some good jontron videos to watch? I'm bored lol and this guy seems right up my alley so to speak.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Look, all I wanna say is that racism is greatly exaggerated in America and is a slight of hand for class based issues, which is the real inequality and is color blind

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So it turns out Jontron is friends with a local canuck alt-right whatever e-celeb, a 21-year old lady called Lauren Southern, another college dropout self publishing books about politics.

quote:

In March 2016, a protester in Vancouver poured a container of urine over Southern's head while she was speaking with other protesters at a rally in Vancouver.[12] The incident resulted from statements Southern made about there being "only two genders".[13] Southern was banned from Facebook after she criticized Facebook policies in 2016 after a string of conservatives were banned from the site.[14][15]

lol

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

Weirdo posted:

So it turns out Jontron is friends with a local canuck alt-right whatever e-celeb, a 21-year old lady called Lauren Southern, another college dropout self publishing books about politics.

Hun, it's okay. We get you're somehow jealous of a literal neckbeard.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Okay even I'm bored now. The peak of this argument was when nigga boohoo'd about white stereotypes. Wizard isn't even trying anymore.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Look, all I wanna say is that racism is greatly exaggerated in America and is a slight of hand for class based issues, which is the real inequality and is color blind

Look bro that's fair enough but that doesn't mean racism doesn't exist anymore either. I agree with you that the better way to tackle it would be to just fix the economy so we don't have so many poor people in such dire straights but let's not act like it isn't still just a bit better to be a poor white man than a poor black man is all.

quote:

Although Blacks and whites use marijuana at comparable rates, Blacks are 3.73 times more likely to be arrested for marijuana possession.55 In some counties, Blacks are 10, 15, even 30 times more likely to be arrested.56

And either way the statement of "our white heritage is being washed away by foreign immigrants" is nutty and I wanna call the YouTube man a nut for saying it.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 24, 2017

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

slight of hand for class based issues

sleight of hand, lol

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Weirdo posted:

lol

Another win for the Good Guys

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
In a truly progressive world we will all throw piss and poo poo at each other to maintain societal order and common moral decency

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

For real though white people have the best weed, that's a stereotype I can count on. When's the president or jontron or whoever going to address THAT particular slice of injustice?

Police be all "drat now I gotta arrest you, won't be having no mids in my hood".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So you choose to ignore the article I posted showing that minorities of similar economic status today have a worse long term outlook? Should I post more?

If we know that economically equal people are treated unequally - this deflection to economic issues doesn't really work.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

For real though white people have the best weed, that's a stereotype I can count on. When's the president or jontron or whoever going to address THAT particular slice of injustice?

Police be all "drat now I gotta arrest you, won't be having no mids in my hood".

Come to Vancouver, we have a fairly diverse population of dealers.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Weirdo posted:

Come to Vancouver, we have a fairly diverse population of dealers.
Yeah canada really has their eye on the progressive ball(...puck?).

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When I first went to college the people in the dorm room next to mine were a couple of black girls.

They come over to smoke weed with me and my roommate a lot (which is fine, we were stoners lol) and they were continually amazed that we had glass pipes and bongs instead of just rolling stuff and would call us "you crazy white kids" a lot.

:3:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Also what about this

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/07/data-police-racial-bias

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

How can you guys talk about weed when lovely wizard WON the argument?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

steinrokkan posted:

So you choose to ignore the article I posted showing that minorities of similar economic status today have a worse long term outlook? Should I post more?

If we know that economically equal people are treated unequally - this deflection to economic issues doesn't really work.

I don't get what is even being said though. Is there some manual every cop and judge reads that says "Destroy the blacks". Are these all white people doing it to black people? Are all judges white? Are all cops white?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I don't get what is even being said though. Is there some manual every cop and judge reads that says "Destroy the blacks". Are these all white people doing it to black people? Are all judges white? Are all cops white?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Spunky, too obvious.

• Locked thread