Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

whatis posted:

crosby purposely hit someone in the nuts and chopped off someone's finger over the course of two games.

hot take: it's ok. it's actually fine

Marchand slew footed a guy then scored a hat trick against the Pens the next game so I figure we're even on this one okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It wasn't a guy it was Kronwall.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

iospace posted:

Why can't we have Adam Silver as a commissioner?

Adam Silver is just as big a piece of poo poo as every other commissioner

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Melnyk on the radio posted:

“You do anything that’s almost a certain injury and I think the only way to do it is you wipe the guy off the map,” Melnyk told TSN 1200. “Not one or two games, (but) 10. How about a season for a few of these guys? He takes my guy, I take your guy. That’s my attitude.”
“The guy that creates the injury should be sitting out; they should watch the games together for the rest of the season. That’s the kind of attitude I have. There’s no room for that.”

“So that’s the only way to do it. You hammer these guys. You take away their money, because they all understand money and you simply say, ‘you’re done for 10 games,’ and guess what, you guys are not going to get anywhere close to the Stanley Cup if it’s an elite player on the other side. There’s no room for it in the NHL.”

Even as a Penguins fan I agree that the league/DPS should do something about these kind of slashes, but Melynk is such a gently caress so whatever.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Maybe this should be a bit like a high sticking double minor. Sure if you slash the guy maybe it's nothing but if you explode his finger maybe you should sit a game.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jovial Cow posted:

Maybe this should be a bit like a high sticking double minor. Sure if you slash the guy maybe it's nothing but if you explode his finger maybe you should sit a game.

Then players will exploit the rules and explode their own fingers on minor slashes to knock someone else out for the game.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Did Crosby explode Rielly's testes too?

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

The coolest part of the Melnyk rant is that it's not his first one railing against someone on the Penguins. I seem to remember him ranting endlessly after someone (Cooke maybe) sliced through Karlsson's achillies on accident a few years ago.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
i like how methot didnt even do anything about it. just got in crosby's face and accepted the traditional crosby "what're you gonna do about it" shrug.

also, the lightning have released the koekkoek

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

.Spec posted:

The coolest part of the Melnyk rant is that it's not his first one railing against someone on the Penguins. I seem to remember him ranting endlessly after someone (Cooke maybe) sliced through Karlsson's achillies on accident a few years ago.

He said he was gonna do an investigation iirc.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Crosbys better at everything* than everyone else in the league, including slashing lmao

*except skating really fast, I'll give that to Conn-dogg

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Melnyk views his players as property, so any right opinion he comes to is by virtue of hosed up logic from a lunatic. There is nothing lucid or of value in the things he says.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Duck Rodgers posted:

Both Buff and Morrissey missed part of the 3rd period last night, and the Jets have recalled Brendan Kichton from the Moose. Which means that there's a chance that the Jets will play tonight missing six of their starting seven defensemen. The tank is on.

Kichton was a regular healthy scratch for the Moose. The Jets are icing what would be a very bad defence at the AHL level.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Melnyk views his players as property, so any right opinion he comes to is by virtue of hosed up logic from a lunatic.

Not that I'm disagreeing, but you can say this of basically any GM in sports :v:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

If you want to see a bunch of NHL prospects in the college game, North Dakota is facing BU in the west regional right now on ESPN2

here's a big dumb primer i did over in the college thread

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
jesus gently caress Girardi is practicing with McDonagh again, AND he's their nominee for the Masterson

What, he has persevered through being a lovely hockey player?

gently caress

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
What body part will Crosby attack next?

Tune in tonight to find out!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Krime posted:

He's gonna draw a gun from his pants as he enters the neutral zone, shooting two defensemen and the goalie on his way to the net to ensure he scores and wins the game.

Crosby's got gambling debts.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Stay safe islanders, sid the slasher is on the ice :ohdear:

Double glove, wear two cups, do what you gotta do.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

xzzy posted:

He's gonna draw a gun from his pants as he enters the neutral zone, shooting two defensemen and the goalie on his way to the net to ensure he scores and wins the game.

Hockey play, no punishment - DoPS

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

xzzy posted:

And the DoPS would call it a hockey play.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Winning the Cup twice, Olympic gold twice, and World Championship wasn't enough for Sidney. No, he wants something more. He wants human trophies.

So don't be surprised the next time you see Crosby sporting a necklace of ears.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

fits posted:

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/845289596854394880

will he hire another private investigator to look into the assassination of marc methot by the coward sidney crosby

lol he misspelled "winner"

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Powershift posted:

hopefully he targets Brock Nelson or Thomas Hickey as tonight's guy to murder live on ice

Just keep your blood stained hands away from Tavares or Ho Sang

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Krime posted:

Crosby will decapitate Ho-Sang for taking Lemieux's number. The refs will just stare and eventually let play continue as Crosby holds the head of his latest victim. Tomorrow, it'll come out that the decapitation was deemed a good hockey play, resulting in no discipline towards Crosby.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Crosby still living with Mario?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DJExile posted:

If you want to see a bunch of NHL prospects in the college game, North Dakota is facing BU in the west regional right now on ESPN2

here's a big dumb primer i did over in the college thread

This is where I was introduced to the glory that is Zach Werenski last year.

Powershift posted:

The whole team comes out wearing cages and suits of armor to protect themselves from Goon Thug Team.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Sid Vicious

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

THis is a good reference.

A great reference.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXg9KUiy00

ImplicitAssembler fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 25, 2017

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
YESSSS

I was watching that segment and said in the GDT that I couldn't wait for the transcribed version of that

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

crosby hasn't attempted to murder anyone yet but don't worry, the NHL is still firmly in the Penguins' corner tonight

https://twitter.com/RTaub_/status/8...23post129900215

"goaltender interference" on this play that Fleury wouldn't have saved if no one else was on the ice

Also any contact that occurred was from a player outside of the crease who was pushed into Fleury by a penguin d man

But of course, none of that matters

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tenba, his arms wide.

Tayne, his posts poo poo.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

If they keep getting goals against like the one above disallowed, you might not be wrong

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

The Isles still managed to win in a shootout despite that disallowed goal. So they get the 2 points they deserve but lose the ROW if it comes down to that.

God is (somewhat) good

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I can count on Marc Methot's left hand how many postseason games the sens have won the last 3 seasons and still have two fingers to spare

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

JoelJoel posted:

Crosby still living with Mario?

no he had his own house built in Sewickley years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain