Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It's ok, next time it's time for Trump to negotiate, nobody will remember that his threats were empty and he was totally unable to effect any kind of positive change for his cause. Everyone will just forget, and the freedom caucus will be like 'you're our president, and we'll support you'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/davidcorndc/status/845361857774931968

So when are we getting a public option then

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

I like that this answer came from a Republican.

I have been so stressed out about my ability to pay for insurance the last couple of weeks because of this bill that I'm tearing up because they didn't have the necessary votes.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

As someone who only has affordable insurance because of the ACA what are the realistic chances of it surviving? I'm guessing the GOP will just keep drawing up new plans until something gets passed?

In an ideal-for-them world, yes, but while the House Freedom Caucus remains at large and unwilling to compromise on feeding Grandma into a wood chipper you're going to be hard pressed to find a bill that doesn't fail, embarrassing the speaker repeatedly.

Paul Ryan wants to sit in the big chair someday, being the Guy Who Obamacare Humiliated will not aid him in this cause.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Ryan is getting ready to speak, for people who like to watch those sorts of things.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

This would be the greatest ending to all this.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Sir Kodiak posted:

Ryan is getting ready to speak, for people who like to watch those sorts of things.

Is there a stream?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SCROOGE JUST WOKE UP ON CHRISTMAS DAY!

GIVE US SINGLE PAYER OUT OF SPITE!

EugeneJ fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 24, 2017

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010

HappyHippo posted:

Is there a stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NZkZP320tg

Hopefully this works.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
donald trump, out of spite, switches party affiliation from republican to democrat

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Thanks

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Craig K posted:

donald trump, out of spite, switches party affiliation from republican to democrat

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Craig K posted:

That's exactly what I was just about to post hahaha.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Craig K posted:

Trump is supposed to be speaking relatively soon (I don't have a link to this either, thanks to AugustusLove for posting the other one).

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/SenatorMenendez/status/845363015222542336

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
poo poo could easily go sideways, but right now this owns. BURN IT ALL DOWN MWAHAHAHAHAHA. Take it you fucks.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Do have the version of that with tiny plastic dinosaurs? I lost mine a few years ago.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Paul Ryan is spinning so hard I'm shocked he's not physically drilling into the ground.

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

He's out and sounds like a kid in an 80's sitcom after getting caught in a compromising situation by the principal and pausing the camera to say, "Well, now THIS was a pickle."

OutOfPrint fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 24, 2017

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/845363898324832256

I'm playing the world's tiniest violin as these assholes sob over their failure to ruin the lives of sick people for the benefit of a handful of billionaires.

Choke on your tears you heartless fucks.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

"At least anything bad that happens with healthcare in the future is still the Democrat's fault" seems to be the lifeline they're clinging to, which makes sense. Will be interesting to see what happens administratively, given the seeming incentive to quietly make things even worse.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
LMAO he got the gently caress out of there SO FAST

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
Well I guess that's that. Dude left smoke trails.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

This is a good point:

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/845368413228814336

Not that its any different than the last 7 years of course.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

evilweasel posted:

This is a good point:

https://twitter.com/brianbeutler/status/845368413228814336

Not that its any different than the last 7 years of course.

They couldn't resemble Saturday morning cartoon villains more if they tried.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

"At least anything bad that happens with healthcare in the future is still the Democrat's fault" seems to be the lifeline they're clinging to, which makes sense. Will be interesting to see what happens administratively, given the seeming incentive to quietly make things even worse.

No one will buy it, not even their base. They had the chance to "fix" heathcare and they passed on it, anything that happens is their fault.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Interesting to reread Bob Costa's "per a WH official" style tweets given this:
https://twitter.com/costareports/status/845357678390104066

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

HappyHippo posted:

No one will buy it, not even their base. They had the chance to "fix" heathcare and they passed on it, anything that happens is their fault.

Yeah, its now impossible for them to talk about obamacare without having to answer questions about trumpcare. When they say "we'll fix it" everyone now knows what that means.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

So, when are we getting this thread renamed?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

Hopefully. Seems like they're going to try, though.

edit: Yeah, Trump is shoving this on the Democrats as hard as possible in his statement.

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Mar 24, 2017

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The Republican strategy is now to sabotage health insurance markets administratively and use the "collapse" as justification for repeal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trumpcare-obamacare-health-care-236387

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I am loving ODing on schadenfreude right now :fap:

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

Hopefully. Seems like they're going to try, though.

edit: Yeah, Trump is shoving this on the Democrats as hard as possible in his statement.

Oh, so the Democrats prevented them from passing this great piece of legislation that had all of 17% support from the population?

I know that's not the angle that they're trying to spin here, but :lol:

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Discendo Vox posted:

The Republican strategy is now to sabotage health insurance markets administratively and use the "collapse" as justification for repeal.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trumpcare-obamacare-health-care-236387
Yep and I already can see how Trump is gonna spin this.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Confounding Factor posted:

Yep and I already can see how Trump is gonna spin this.

I know he's going to try. But I just don't think its going to work. In 2018, every Democratic candidate will be able to tell voters, in detail, what Republicans tried to do to their heathcare. It's no longer "compare this messy, real-world solution with the fruits of your imagination!" It's "compare Obamacare to Trumpcare" Obamacare can't beat fantasy solutions, but it'll beat the crap out of Trumpcare any day of the decade. And you can't run on fixing Obamacare when, well, your fix was this.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Never, because of public care WAITING​ TIMES

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/845360219211345920

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

evilweasel posted:

I know he's going to try. But I just don't think its going to work. In 2018, every Democratic candidate will be able to tell voters, in detail, what Republicans tried to do to their heathcare. It's no longer "compare this messy, real-world solution with the fruits of your imagination!" It's "compare Obamacare to Trumpcare" Obamacare can't beat fantasy solutions, but it'll beat the crap out of Trumpcare any day of the decade. And you can't run on fixing Obamacare when, well, your fix was this.

My concern is that there have enough power just through HHS to genuinely crater ACA markets, spike premiums, drive insurers out, etc, that a repeal starts seeming plausible to the ignorant public.

Confounding Factor
Jul 4, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:lol: at people on Fox saying its not Trump's fault and defending his "dealmaking skills"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
If only they had actually been working on a replacement for the 7 years they were bitching about Obamacare and holding masturbatory votes to repeal that were guaranteed to go nowhere instead of making GBS threads out this half-baked hackjob then maybe they could have passed something.

They deserve this; all of it. Hell they deserve more but let's be thankful they fell on their face and balls somehow simultaneously like this.