Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

Collapse won't come, but prices will keep going up because the system is still broken as gently caress, so GOPers can use that for political leverage for a while.

I don't think this will work. It will continue to get worse while they say "haha look what those fucker democrats did. you guys are real hosed now look how expensive healthcare is! its all the democrats fault" while holding absolute power over the legislative and executive branches.

On to the debt ceiling :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Meanwhile, in the land of reptiles

quote:

[
The Senate voted 50-48 to strike down a rule issued late in Barack Obama’s presidency that requires large employers to keep an ongoing record of health and safety incidents. The Obama administration issued the rule in an effort to solidify what it considered long-standing policy at the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

By doing away with the rule, Republicans are effectively cutting down the length of time that employers in dangerous industries are required to keep injury records ¯ from five years to just six months. Former OSHA officials say that doesn’t provide enough time to identify recurring problems with particular employers or industries.

edit

The OSHA record-keeping rule may sound technical and obscure, but workplace safety advocates say it has wide-reaching implications. Under OSHA rules, certain large employers in high-hazard industries have to keep an accurate record of injuries going back five years. The data helps OSHA figure out where recurring problems are and how to use its limited resources to enforce the law.
[/quote]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/republicans-just-made-it-easier-for-employers-to-hide-workplace-injuries_us_58d2de35e4b0f838c62f1fc9

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mannerup posted:

expected, knives out for ryan immediately after

what the gently caress, I posted this yesterday posted:

I hear the gimmick of Final Offer 3 is that most involved will have to change their jobs :laugh:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Yinlock posted:

"mislead president trump" lol

they do know this makes trump look worse, right?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lol imagine feeling the need to insulate a 70 year old man from any criticism

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

zen death robot posted:

Seriously if you post like you belong in the Suck Zone I'll probe you myself this isn't the thread for that poo poo

I didn't know you can self probate?

nopants
May 29, 2004

MaxxBot posted:

They should but even if they do get 40 votes to fillibuster that just means nuclear turtle time.

I think that's the correct strategy but they're never gonna actually shut him down.

why didn't anybody tell the democrats you can blow up the filibuster to get your supreme court pick through?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Well, 10 minutes of my life I'm never getting back, but I went ahead and tried to make an FFT-style portrait for this big orange bitch and here ya go:

And the portrait on its own, if anyone wants to use it for some godforsaken reason:

thats a character from osmosis jones

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

mannerup posted:

expected, knives out for ryan immediately after

I know this probably isn't true, but Ryan getting shivved and a bruising fight for the Speakership on top of the debacle of health reform failure would be better than sex.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
if trump gets overthrown or loses in 2020 i fully expect his supporters to be all "all part of the master plan. dance puppets dance"

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

When you can't keep up with how many dimensions of chess Trump is playing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/dril/status/844066370782400512

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Shageletic posted:

Meanwhile, in the land of reptiles

*fat man in suit begins stuffing comically large stacks of paper into a shredder*

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I don't think this will work. It will continue to get worse while they say "haha look what those fucker democrats did. you guys are real hosed now look how expensive healthcare is! its all the democrats fault" while holding absolute power over the legislative and executive branches.

On to the debt ceiling :unsmigghh:

"b-b-b-but we tried!!!!!"

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Trump: lmao bitch you think I'm working on the weekends?

spot on!

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
Won't ACA just implode (explode???) though now that the IRS is not enforcing the mandate? You can now submit a tax form without showing you had health insurance, and the IRS has no teeth to go after you. Or will this only result in the federal government eating poo poo (I'm all for that) and the states will be fine.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
I'm really glad the Republican Party is dumb as hell

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MaxxBot posted:

They should but even if they do get 40 votes to fillibuster that just means nuclear turtle time.

I think that's the correct strategy but they're never gonna actually shut him down.

who cares, make that turtle gently caress do it

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

you know what really owns is I think trump backpedaling and talking about the need for bi-partisan support going forward makes him look like a huge bitch on top of having lost. H ow many red hats think bipartisanship is acceptable under any circumstance?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Strong Daddy cannot fail, he can only be failed.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I remember when Tyson lost some super hyped fight a long time ago and he acted exactly like Trump after, it's some kind of moron alpha loss cutting exercise

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Solarin posted:

you know what really owns is I think trump backpedaling and talking about the need for bi-partisan support going forward makes him look like a huge bitch on top of having lost. H ow many red hats think bipartisanship is acceptable under any circumstance?

hmm

factor the 2 and carry the 1...

zero

the answer is zero

Other Barry
Jun 5, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone have a video of Trump's remarks yet? I missed the livestream.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

shiksa posted:

lol imagine feeling the need to insulate a 70 year old man from any criticism

https://twitter.com/Meatrecruiter/status/845384269820297217

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

triple sulk posted:

tom price has the most punchable face in history

You must be forgetting about ted cruz

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/mikedebonis/status/845363898324832256

Never have I wanted body cams on reporters so very much.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
Well, figured Health Care would be hard but at least now Trump can coast through on Tax Reform + Budget + Debt Limit with it out of the way. It'll be like Trump going on vacation early.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can't go back to a normal president after Trump. I need ever-increasing craziness.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Well, 10 minutes of my life I'm never getting back, but I went ahead and tried to make an FFT-style portrait for this big orange bitch and here ya go:

And the portrait on its own, if anyone wants to use it for some godforsaken reason:

hahaha i loving love you

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/845378894517686273
New thread title please

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

i just want to kill all the jews, guess you have some growing up to do

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
seriously i got laid off today but this has more than made up for it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Solarin posted:

it's target painting. it's trump. he doesn't give a gently caress about bipartisanship. he just wants to be popular and blame other people when he's not.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

seconded

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

starting to think he was right on accident

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/TheresaFBach/status/845384162215444480

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I can't wait for the CBO to poo poo all over Trumps terrible tax plan lmao

lmao yeah this makes me realize that they've also justified the CBO

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Solarin posted:

jesus christ the pleas for reasonable bipartisan support for healthcare after this poo poo show gagaghsadflkasndflaksfndgb;lakdnv ;sa

ITS ALLT HE DEMS FAULT!!

:byodood:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

this country would be a lot more whimsical if we'd elected a well-meaning retard instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/FanSince09/status/845366525687095296

• Locked thread