Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So those retarded Spergs over there

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/619gdh/eject_is_star_citizen_going_to_crash_and_burn_2/

I wrote about it...

quote:

Something major (remember, you were warned that the project could never been developed as pitched) is currently underway related to the Star Citizen project, and I have a blog in the works waiting to drop. So I didn't want to write another blog about this media article being pulled. Hence the reason for my writing it here.

[hr]

So, it looks like the CIG/RSI v Defy Media fiasco has been resolved quietly.

Back in 2015, at the height of the Star Citizen fiasco, The Escapist (owned by Defy Media) published an article "Star Citizen Controversy Reaches Boiling Point" (archive) by Liz Finnegan. That article sparked a highly inflammatory response (archive) from Chris Roberts; after which a threat of legal action by Ortwin (co-founder and media attorney for the project) followed. We all just laughed.

According to archives, the last data capture for The Escapist article was Mar 9th, 2017; and the last data capture for the CIG response, was Jan 19th, 2017. Which means that CIG pulled theirs first; months earlier.

I think everyone can agree that Chris's response was the most inflammatory and ridiculous rant so far in this whole farce. Defamation aside - and which I had vowed to sue both Chris and CIG over when the time was right - many backers (present and those who have asked for a refund) agree that it was the turning point in this discourse. It showed the sort of people we were dealing with. That aside from all the other shenanigans related to funding (the funding chart is a lie), the promises being walked back and taken away via the ToS, the many lies about the state of the project etc. Two years later, all of it has come to a head; and the time to pay the piper is fast approaching.

It's all so hilarious to me considering that (as I wrote here a few weeks ago) all of this could very well have been avoided back in 2015 when I spent my own money on legal fees to ask CIG - nicely - to do right by backers. Had they done that, most of what has played out, and which ended up being the subject of my blogs and writings, as well as on-going media fodder, would quite possibly have died down by now.

But instead, Chris foolishly decided to make this whole thing about me, Ortwin in a momentary lapse of judgment decided to pick on that one person who regards the notion of "...come at me, bro" as permission to wage war, some members of their toxic (which makes sense, considering that the previous CIG community manager, the now sidelined Ben Lesnick, is no better) community decided to wage an all-out proxy war of attrition because some guy was writing bad stuff about a frigging video game.

Now, aside from being on the verge of collapse, the whole project (not to mention the community at large) is so very toxic, that it's more of a meme, than it is a project that's worthy of note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Furthermore.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Colostomy Bag posted:

PSA: Javelin Basketball starting soon.

https://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

It looks like they're basically mashing values and then seeing what works? Is that how game development is supposed to be?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

lmbo

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It looks like they're basically mashing values and then seeing what works? Is that how game development is supposed to be?

Yes.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

These two are definitely banging while crobs is off playing director

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
:yikes:

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

nawledgelambo posted:

Well, seeing as she is the best director of marketing EVER, why shouldn't his package be part of her benefit package? He's only a plebe anyway...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

This is worth watching. Not in a good way, but it is definitely informative.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

boviscopophobic posted:

This is worth watching. Not in a good way, but it is definitely informative.

I tried but it's boring as gently caress

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

nawledgelambo posted:

I'm convinced she's secretly a robot

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Colostomy Bag posted:

Something I noticed from the chat

[QUESTION] Why is the Ground position Hardcoded? isnt the ball able to find out when he hits the ground?

<message deleted>

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Well, seeing as she is the best director of marketing EVER, why shouldn't his package be part of her benefit package? He's only the Poolboy anyway...

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
FYAD was right

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

So Sandi is finally getting a taste of the red carpet.

:thurman::thurman::thurman:

Space Crabs posted:

FYAD was right

stop spreading FYUD

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sorry two adults having sex is a trigger for you Space Crabs.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I tried but it's boring as gently caress

Yeah, I have the same problem too.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1fjiM1BFBc

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Lladre posted:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Huquqjp1IDw&t=55s

:gary:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

I'm convinced she's secretly a robot

Given her lack of expressions, probably only a first generation.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lladre posted:

having a problem with you guys creepily and publicly fantasizing about the wife of a video game developer loving people is a little different than having a problem with the broad concept of "Sex"

I'm also okay with hunting animals, but creepily displaying the carcasses in weird shrines and prancing around with your kills pancreas stretched over your face is a little bit different.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Space Crabs posted:

I'm also okay with hunting animals, but creepily displaying the carcasses in weird shrines and prancing around with your kills pancreas stretched over your face is a little bit different.

You just described scientology

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Jobbo_Fett posted:

You just described scientology

I'm all for making fun of Scientology but what I really need to know is how deep the vagina is of the CEO's wife.

The CEO's butthole depth and elasticity might come in to play, lets see where the facts take us first.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Space Crabs posted:

I'm all for making fun of Scientology but what I really need to know is how deep the vagina is of the CEO's wife.

The CEO's butthole depth and elasticity might come in to play, lets see where the facts take us first.

And now you're describing FATAL...

Wait, did anyone ask for specific details or did some people just posit that Sandi gets around?

Guess I'm a cultist now or something :shrug:

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

see: Prolapse.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

alternatively, do not see prolapse

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
if i were chrip's wife I'd cuck him good

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

$20 says she is pegging the poo poo out of him.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Pull out thread!

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

:suspense:

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
how come no one ever wonders which interns crobs is having sex with.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nicholas posted:

We've seen him.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Nicholas posted:

My money is on Ben's wife.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

DapperDon posted:

More like Ben

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

DapperDon posted:

I'd hit that pink UK girl.
and I mean that in a sexual way,

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
i was being rhetorical its really not important thread

edit: unless he's paying for sex with backer funds. then it is important

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Nicholas posted:

i was being rhetorical its really not important thread

edit: unless he's paying for sex with backer funds. then it is important

I am confused now. Are we talking about interns or Sandi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Ben masturbates a lot to pictures of space cats