Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i have my sk camped out in plane of water. i login sometimes to check and see if the avatar of water is up. every single TIME I LOGIN HE IS DEAD.

WHO IS KILLING HIM, WHY, STOP IT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Piss de Bundy posted:

i have my sk camped out in plane of water. i login sometimes to check and see if the avatar of water is up. every single TIME I LOGIN HE IS DEAD.

WHO IS KILLING HIM, WHY, STOP IT.

People doing the Artisans Prize augment quest. You need full pop progression or be grouped with a character who has it.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005
Is there a good or recommended server to put my new 85 heroic on?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Cbear posted:

Is there a good or recommended server to put my new 85 heroic on?

not particularily. Goons are spread out at this point. I'm on luclin and it seems pretty active. I know of one other goon in my guild on luclin and we figured out each other was a goon purely by accident. We're in a big casual guild that has a raiding alliance that raids on saturday evenings. We're not hardcore at all, hell, we're not even on current content, we just do it for funsies. But the guild is one of the biggest guilds in the game. I have invite privledges so I could add you if you setup on luclin.

Other than luclin, I hear Xegony is doing well, but I'm not familiar with xeg.

Or you could play on FV if you want to go for the tradable "no drop" items.

Cbear
Mar 22, 2005

Krycek posted:

not particularily. Goons are spread out at this point. I'm on luclin and it seems pretty active. I know of one other goon in my guild on luclin and we figured out each other was a goon purely by accident. We're in a big casual guild that has a raiding alliance that raids on saturday evenings. We're not hardcore at all, hell, we're not even on current content, we just do it for funsies. But the guild is one of the biggest guilds in the game. I have invite privledges so I could add you if you setup on luclin.

Other than luclin, I hear Xegony is doing well, but I'm not familiar with xeg.

Or you could play on FV if you want to go for the tradable "no drop" items.

I might look into Luclin and doing that then. I'm mostly looking to just follow someone around and see some content. Raiding would be a plus. Is the guild pretty relaxed on who comes to raid, attendance, etc?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Cbear posted:

I might look into Luclin and doing that then. I'm mostly looking to just follow someone around and see some content. Raiding would be a plus. Is the guild pretty relaxed on who comes to raid, attendance, etc?

yeah it's a casual environment. Only requirement for raiding is to be level 105.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Krycek posted:

People doing the Artisans Prize augment quest. You need full pop progression or be grouped with a character who has it.
Holy poo poo, that's a mother of a quest. Looks like something for me, grindy and long :D.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Kind of want to log in to claim a heroic character and maybe dink around in ldon when it comes out but I have such a backlog of games as it is, ugh.

unoplank
Aug 3, 2004
I lurk...

Krycek posted:

yeah it's a casual environment. Only requirement for raiding is to be level 105.

What's your in game name? I'd like to get my non-heroic necro into a guild like that while I level him up.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

unoplank posted:

What's your in game name? I'd like to get my non-heroic necro into a guild like that while I level him up.

Kreycek is my bard's name.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Pilsner posted:

Holy poo poo, that's a mother of a quest. Looks like something for me, grindy and long :D.

yep, such grind. but well worth it. That aug will likely be the best aug ever put into the game.

I'm just glad that I have a second account that I took the time to get fully pop flagged back in the day. I can use that account to complete the quest on my new bard main.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I've gotten fed up with the WoW private server scene for now and the upcoming EQ progression server looks interesting, I played EQ from 2000 through the WoW launch and then went back and played the first progressive server whose name escapes me atm. Also spent a shitload of time on the Shards of Dalaya private EQ server over the years. Any other goons intend on giving this Agnarr server a go?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Suprfli6 posted:

I've gotten fed up with the WoW private server scene for now and the upcoming EQ progression server looks interesting, I played EQ from 2000 through the WoW launch and then went back and played the first progressive server whose name escapes me atm. Also spent a shitload of time on the Shards of Dalaya private EQ server over the years. Any other goons intend on giving this Agnarr server a go?

Hey shards buddy, I was thinking about it, PoP was probably my favorite expansion, though I did like a bunch of stuff afterwards GoD, OoW and DoD, I still might do it.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Anybody know why my launchpad exe will randomly not connect to the eq server signin? I click the program (Windows 10) and the connect splash shows up but then spins into a "can't connect "screen and shows a link to the dbg help page.

I have a very bad connection (satellite internet) but it just started doing this a couple of months ago when I reinstalled for the phinny launch.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
can you bypass it with /patchme or whatever on the everquest commandline?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

darkhand posted:

can you bypass it with /patchme or whatever on the everquest commandline?

I dunno. Never tried it, but I will when I get home. Do I add this to the Launchpad command line?

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!

DerekSmartymans posted:

I dunno. Never tried it, but I will when I get home. Do I add this to the Launchpad command line?

Find your eqgame.Exe create a shortcut to desktop. Right click properties on shortcut and where it says "blah/blah/eqgame.Exe" in the target window add the word patchme after the quotes with a space between quotes and word.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Burning off my free heroic chars while I wait for Agnarr to launch. Between Magician, Necro, Enchanter and Shaman, what's my best bet for soloing overall?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

boho posted:

Burning off my free heroic chars while I wait for Agnarr to launch. Between Magician, Necro, Enchanter and Shaman, what's my best bet for soloing overall?

Necro or mage can solo all the way. Ench may find groups easier

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

DerekSmartymans posted:

Necro or mage can solo all the way. Ench may find groups easier

Can Necro pets actually hold threat and survive in modern EQ?

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Usually as a Necro you fear kite or agro kite and use your pet as a mobile DoT.

They're probably fine now up to a point but historically speaking Necro pets aren't particularly durable.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

The only pets that can really tank are Magician pets. Necros kite and use the pet as a dot of sorts.

Shamans can solo, but it's slow and painful up front tanking.

I'd choose a Magician, with a Cleric merc for buffs and rez.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

magician probably the most faceroll. Necro and enchanter soloing is pretty intense, but stylish as gently caress.
Magician NEEDs cleric merc because you're not going to waste slots and spellgem cooldown healing your pet all day. so you lose a little bit of xp with merc out, but you probably make up for it by stomping a lot of mobs anywhere you go.

Necro pet only really "tanking" when you burn names, and even then you're blowing cooldowns on him, and using mass swarm pets to spread hits around. There's a lot of clever things you have to do on necro and enchanter if you like that sort of thing.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Mar 26, 2017

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
After a couple days of thrashing through Mage, Shaman, Necro, SK, Bard, and Enchanter, and various iterations of boxes for 2-3 of those, I think I'm just going to settle on single box Enchanter. Even babby two-boxing gives me a headache, but I'm thinking I'll do Enchanter/Mage if I start running into XP walls like the leveling guide I'm reading warns I will lest I box. It also recommends running some stupid lovely instance mission for two weeks that's equivalent in quality of release EQ2 (Gribble something?) and even though I hated it the xp was insanely good and apparently I can cash out the funbux I earn at the end to get new gear?

I'm on Xenogy btw, Enchanter is Chronomancer, Mage is Conflagrate. Say hi!

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Gribble instances are the braindead mode of leveling in EQ. It is very good xp, but it's boring and repetitive. Even moreso than usual. Unless you simply want to level as fast a possible, do yourself a favor and take a different path.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Goto CoTF neriak instances, you can charm a lot of the dark elves and take a poo poo on everything. Gribble only gives you humanoids sometimes to do it.

You can also swap mag for wiz, since you can braindead wiz nuke rotation with multibinds, i think you can do this with mag too, but it's not as good(??)

if you're alround lvl 90 you can goto the VoA zones with a shitload of alarans. I can't rmember the game very well, but i think the sepulcher or near the big wall in city of bronze? You just root a bunch of mobs in a pack together, send in a charmed alaran, make him sit a bunch while the rooted stuff attacks him til he's low hp, then drop charm and nuke him. You can kill stuff in seconds, it's kinda dangerous if root breaks, but seems like a cool way to xp.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Mar 28, 2017

BloodThirster
Jan 8, 2001

boho posted:

After a couple days of thrashing through Mage, Shaman, Necro, SK, Bard, and Enchanter, and various iterations of boxes for 2-3 of those, I think I'm just going to settle on single box Enchanter. Even babby two-boxing gives me a headache, but I'm thinking I'll do Enchanter/Mage if I start running into XP walls like the leveling guide I'm reading warns I will lest I box. It also recommends running some stupid lovely instance mission for two weeks that's equivalent in quality of release EQ2 (Gribble something?) and even though I hated it the xp was insanely good and apparently I can cash out the funbux I earn at the end to get new gear?

I'm on Xenogy btw, Enchanter is Chronomancer, Mage is Conflagrate. Say hi!

I think I saw you in the guild I joined a few days ago, Lions? I started back up a while back, been leveling a warrior to box with my 69 shaman. Warrior's name is Drooble!

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I just heroiced a warrior, druid and necro to 85, haven't had a chance to really play yet, I'm playing the UI minigame right now. Anyone have a good all-in-one UI? I downloaded Aya something or other but I'm curious what other guys use.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I like Vert Blue: http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6274

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
I use Pilsner's UI http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417 with a couple modifications. I wanted a larger cast bar meter and larger spell gems with the full name in the gem instead of just on mouseover so I could more easy identify a spell at a glance. This helps with 3 boxing because trying to learn spells for 3 classes takes some time. Eqinterface.com had standalone mods that for what I was looking for and integrated with zlizui perfectly.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
What's the deal with Test Server right now? Still double xp over live? And I gather they don't grant the latest expansion, only the second-to-last expansion automatically?

Does it give free accounts the auto-grant that subscribed accounts get on live?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Devor posted:

What's the deal with Test Server right now? Still double xp over live? And I gather they don't grant the latest expansion, only the second-to-last expansion automatically?

Does it give free accounts the auto-grant that subscribed accounts get on live?

all correct

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
For you TLP experts (expecting Hoohah, heh):

-How much raid progression is there in GoD before you're to the top tier raid? Is it like PoP where there's many tiers to go through, then mainly you get upgrades for the last thing? Or does it work a bit differently?

It took us several weeks (5 or 6) before we downed Quarm, because we're casual scum. We lost one week to loving up flag order, then we tried to push for Quarm on an offnight and didn't have the numbers to get past Tallon Zek (next week was fine). Just with only 8 weeks, if it takes us that long in GoD, we'll only get to see raids a couple of times. Hoping the raid progression is a lot quicker.

-Just me or is 12 weeks really quick for OoW? What's raid progression like?

Beyond whatever raid progression there is - 5 levels, 350 AAs, and Epic 1.5s + 2.0s. Feels like a ton to do, lol.

Krazuel
Nov 23, 2004

Not doing that again!
Raid progression in GoD is pretty similar to PoP, but some of it is skippable by just having select people doing some of it. IE there is group trial poo poo needed to get key poo poo to unlock some of the advancement steps that only one group has to do.

My only OoW progression experience was on Quarm .. and well that poo poo was super fast. Handful of open world mobs and each person has to collect like 10 rings then there are group/raid trials then final zone. (Anguish).

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
Much text follows!

xZAOx posted:

-How much raid progression is there in GoD before you're to the top tier raid? Is it like PoP where there's many tiers to go through, then mainly you get upgrades for the last thing? Or does it work a bit differently?
So there's 5-ish tiers of raiding in GoD:

1. Ferubi, Riwwi, Kod'Taz, and Yxtta. All of these are optional except for one person to do the Kod'Taz progression, and I'm still positive you don't need the two raid fights in there to make your Icon of the Altar. I'll find out more soon. These are all about as hard as Plane of Time.

2. Ikkinz 1-4 and Uqua. Everyone needs Ikkinz 4 and Uqua's quest items for Txevu to open up Qvic and Inktu'ta. These have items at Quarm loot level and greater. These are a step up from Plane of Time and take much more coordination on your raid force to do the right things at the right times with the right people, or just avoiding dying to hard hitting mobs.

3. Qvic and Inktu'ta. Finishing Inktu'ta gets you the third piece (along with Ikk 4 and Uqua) to enter Txevu. Qvic is a breather zone to gear up in (this is where the class armor starts off of easy goat fights) while Inktu'ta has 4 events that you start to get the feel for what future raiding in EQ is like (gimmicks, mechanics, very few just straight up DPS fights). These are only slightly more difficult than Ikk and Uqua.

3.5 Txevu. The final boss of Txevu, Zun'muram Tkarish Zyk, drops an item (Signet of Command) that allows you to request Tacvi, the final zone, without going through Txevu. This is "3.5" because there are like 7 raid events (The anueks, the ikaavs, the runt, and high priest) are like Inktu'ta loot, but Zun'muram drops Tacvi level loot. If they instance this, eventually you won't bother with the rest of the mobs and just go for Zun for good loot and BiC pieces. Txevu is kinda brutal, lots of hard hitting, fast moving trash and most of the fights in here are straight up DPS races against hard hitting mobs, except for the keying chain (Runt -> High Priest -> Zun) which are more gimmicky (eg: Zun is immune to melee damage and has infinite resists, the runt you have to pick one person to fight him, etc).

4. Tacvi. 8 fights with a mini-boss-like Mastruq in between each. Tacvi in-era is difficult, like hitting Plane of Time with nothing but Vex Thal gear, and that doesn't include the final boss Tunat'Muram Cuu Vauax. He's potentially more difficult than most OoW fights other than Overlord Mata Muram.

Once everything is on farm, I expect EoE will consistently do at least Qvic, Inktu'ta, Txevu, and Tacvi (assuming Qvic and Txevu get instances). Uqua has a step-up sword for warriors and Ikkinz has some neat click items, so if we have time we'll hit those too, but I'd almost consider split raiding time instead. If you really don't care about your members getting BiC augs done (you should though, they last almost forever and are stellar items in-era), you could just do Zun'Muram and Tacvi for the best loot.

quote:

-Just me or is 12 weeks really quick for OoW? What's raid progression like?

Beyond whatever raid progression there is - 5 levels, 350 AAs, and Epic 1.5s + 2.0s. Feels like a ton to do, lol.

So Omens doesn't actually have a lot more than what you mentioned. The only thing you left out is the group version of the muramite proving ground trials for the resist cap AAs.

Progression for raiding in Omens is do the six raid trials in proving grounds, then raid anguish. There's a bunch of lower level raids sprinkled all over like Zun'Muram Votal, The bridgekeeper, and the King and Queen in Riftseeker, but none of them are required. Every epic has mini raids required, and some you need as many doofuses as you can throw at it (see the final Epic 2.0 fight for clerics). Some guilds afaik waited till Omens to go back and do some of the later GoD stuff as well, and Tacvi remains relevant loot because of the changes over the years.

The things to do (in the order I'd work on them) for Omens are:
1. Get your signets for Anguish access done (Anguish requires the six trials plus the signets, so both raid and group content)
2. Get level 70
3. Work on your 1.5 and 2.0 as you can until you need raid help
4. Get spells

Epics have wild variation in time and effort required to get them. I'm expecting to set aside a day or two a week at the start of Omens just to knock out people's epic 1.5 / 2.0 fights.

The AAs may feel like a lot but I don't think they will be. Most of them are tradeskill stuff you can sit on till later, plus you can bank 130 AAs to take a big bite out of them ahead of time.

Also, DoN (the next expac after) only adds two more consistent raids (Yar'lir and Vishimtar) and neither of them take a long time. There's no new AAs in DoN except the storyline progression which you do by factioning and mini raids. You'll have plenty of time to get AAs before DoDH, as well as farm Anguish. DoN just makes it easier with instanced group content with mobs up to level 74ish and the factioning requirements (I'm not sure if anyone's ever sat down and figured out from apprehensive-to-warmly on how many it takes, but its probably around 70ish missions to get the necessary faction done).

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Hoohah posted:

4. Tacvi. 8 fights with a mini-boss-like Mastruq in between each. Tacvi in-era is difficult, like hitting Plane of Time with nothing but Vex Thal gear, and that doesn't include the final boss Tunat'Muram Cuu Vauax. He's potentially more difficult than most OoW fights other than Overlord Mata Muram.

It's also noteworthy that Pixtt Kretv Krakxt was never killed in-era until progression servers came along, and I believe remains the only boss (meant to be killed, at least) in EQ history with that distinction.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

BioThermo posted:

It's also noteworthy that Pixtt Kretv Krakxt was never killed in-era until progression servers came along, and I believe remains the only boss (meant to be killed, at least) in EQ history with that distinction.

Huh, I've heard that Overlord Mata Muram and Tunat`Muram were not beaten in their expansions.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Node posted:

Huh, I've heard that Overlord Mata Muram and Tunat`Muram were not beaten in their expansions.

OMM definitely was, my guild beat him in era. Tunat'Muram is tacvi bossi, right? I THOUGHT he was not beaten in era, but I could be wrong.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Tunat not being killed prior to OoW release sounds right to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

BioThermo posted:

edit: Nevermind, just saw that Triton killed Kretv after Omens launch. This means both Kretv and Tunat were not killed in-era.

Hoohah fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Mar 30, 2017