Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Please win my soldiers, I need those creds for my shield. :ohdear:

Edit: and they failed with 75% because of course, guess the games getting revenge for that 8% win. :ughh:

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
My favourite part about the multiplayer is it randomly crashing to desktop with no error or event log. Makes it pretty hard to level up characters when you can't complete a game.

Atomic Robo-Kid
Aug 18, 2008

.Blast.Processing.

Wish there was a way to know how many Respec consumables you have.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
joined a few random games (ive never played ME multiplayer of any kind so this is a learning experience) and kinda faffed about while everyone did about 10 times as much damage as me. am i missing out majorly on experience or funds by being a worthless lump or should i just kinda try to stay alive until it makes more sense

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

No, just winning games will comprise the great majority of the exp you get (and all of the money you get). Just prioritize actually doing the objectives that appear on waves 3 and 6 and you'll be helpful.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Stay alive, the tally at the end doesn't matter at all. If you really want to contribute, help people do the objective and occasionally revive someone if it's safe.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Game is fun so far, but what dipshit decided that every single platform should be 2 feet higher than the jetpack jump height so you have to awkwardly smash into the edge and hope your character decides to climb up

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Running around with an Asari Adept with a raptor should not be as effective as it is.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Zigmidge posted:

The idea is to use team 1 to cycle out all the gold missions that nobody can handle to keep giving you bronze and silver missions which you use to train up teams 2 and 3. They'll rack up a bunch of negative modifiers but you don't care about that for these guys, their only purpose is to cycle out gold missions and rack up the occasional success.

So I sent level 2 Strike Team Tango, aka The Expendables, on a gold mission with 5% chance of success. They pulled it off and went straight to level 11, gaining the attribute "Heroic". Can't argue with that.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
CobiWann, PS4.

Just started multiplayer today. 5 games, 3 failures, 1 disconnect and failure, 1 success.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

shadok posted:

So I sent level 2 Strike Team Tango, aka The Expendables, on a gold mission with 5% chance of success. They pulled it off and went straight to level 11, gaining the attribute "Heroic". Can't argue with that.

My strike team whiskey just did a gold 7% chance, mission success, +4 levels.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

The idea is to use team 1 to cycle out all the gold missions that nobody can handle to keep giving you bronze and silver missions which you use to train up teams 2 and 3. They'll rack up a bunch of negative modifiers but you don't care about that for these guys, their only purpose is to cycle out gold missions and rack up the occasional success.

So if you clear your list, more missions will pop ahead of the standard timer? That's good to know.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm Harlockian on origin

I enjoy playing the multiplayer

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Harlock posted:

I'm Harlockian on origin

I enjoy playing the multiplayer

Get in discord, son. In game chat is crap.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

ShadowHawk posted:

Ahh, this might be it -- every single one said "custom" after I clicked join game and I just assumed that if it had the same parameters as apex it was a custom.

Also if you fail/complete an APEX mission it reverts to just a custom with whatever dificulty, map, and enemy type the mission had so that might be causing some fuckery too.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Astroniomix posted:

Also if you fail/complete an APEX mission it reverts to just a custom with whatever dificulty, map, and enemy type the mission had so that might be causing some fuckery too.
It's a straight up bug that when you click join for an apex misssion it will matchmake you into...not that mission.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

ShadowHawk posted:

It's a straight up bug that when you click join for an apex misssion it will matchmake you into...not that mission.

My point was it's possible that the matchmaker might not be updating the lobby once the APEX mission gets cleared out. Obviously that's a bug.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

comatose posted:

My favourite part about the multiplayer is it randomly crashing to desktop with no error or event log. Makes it pretty hard to level up characters when you can't complete a game.

Yeah I've been getting this a lot too, ever since they updated it. Once every hour or two it crashes randomly in SP and MP. Very frustrating. Just happened to me during an extraction wave with a good group :smith:

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Anybody else having trouble with headshots? If you aim at the upper parts of their heads most of the time it counts as a normal hit.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Fun Tip: Turian Soldier + Turbocharge + Charger = Melt faces.

Seriously, I was starting level 1 with a few points, to level 9, running silvers, just melting faces just as easy as looking at 'em.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oriental Hugs posted:

Anybody else having trouble with headshots? If you aim at the upper parts of their heads most of the time it counts as a normal hit.

Yes, the head hitboxes are incredibly weird and inconsistent. I've had what looked like clear shots to the chest count as headshots somehow, while shooting kett guys in the head who were lifted with Pull had no reaction at all--the bullets just passed through them without even counting as a bodyshot. I can't quite figure out where the actual crit spot is on assemblers (whether it's their red "eye" or their crotch) because shooting what looks like the same place two times has different results.

I'm really enjoying the human infiltrator. If you put your points in the right places, you can go invisible with recharging shields and throw 5 sticky grenades all of which do not break invisibility. However it seems like they changed the cloak damage bonus so it doesn't apply to the 2 seconds after you break cloak anymore--you have to get that bonus at rank 6 instead of shields regenerating while cloaked. So weapons like the incisor don't otherwise benefit much from invisibility.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Well, after a dozen deaths to AscendantAs and Fiends, I dont think the old "stairs=/=grab" trick works anymore.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Probably shouldn't assume the old tricks will hold up still, yeah

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
I maxed out my Human Vanguard (Tier X, Level 20). Against Outlaws or Kett, can do golds pretty easily as long as I'm not grouped with absolute potatoes. Managed to complete a gold with a guy who was there from the start and never got more than 6k points...

Managed to poopsock a little since Wednesday and got all common characters/weapons/weapon mods to tier X.

After being a biotic punch god, playing with guns is really boring. Next goal is to get the Asari Duelist, which seems to have all the goods bits of the Vanguard kit, plus more.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
While hosting I somehow ended up in a grey dead screen but not quite dead state -- I was able to dodge and jump, though not move, and I could still fire at and kill things.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I didn't pull any cool characters in my initial rewards, getting Salarian Infiltrator.

I'm trying to level my basics up to X playing Bronze before starting with my Salarian, but it's so unstable that I've played 3 games today and crashed out of 2 with no rewards. It's not helping. My Human Soldier is up to level 6 now and not blowing right out the gate, but with all the basic packs I haven't got a single Avenger yet.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

I have yet to drop from a single match... But to balance things out, I do get 100% stuck in place with some nasty rubberbanding at least once every game. Each time it happens, it's pretty much a case of "oh... well, I guess I'm going to die on this wave." :v:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

devoir posted:

After being a biotic punch god, playing with guns is really boring. Next goal is to get the Asari Duelist, which seems to have all the goods bits of the Vanguard kit, plus more.

It's weird but melee seems far and away the most effective strategy now.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Two Finger posted:

If only they made meatier sounds or effects on impact or, heck, just built on the melee they already had in ME3.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

I've been mostly playing Krogan Engineer because it's one of the only classes that can self combo (with Incinerate -> Overload) so I haven't had a chance to try, but does this game have the melee grab over cover move?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

subroc posted:

I've been mostly playing Krogan Engineer because it's one of the only classes that can self combo (with Incinerate -> Overload) so I haven't had a chance to try, but does this game have the melee grab over cover move?

No, it does not. But it does have an AoE ground pound if you hold the melee button while hovering or dropping from hover.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Two Finger posted:

Part of this is because the only +damage equipment available at the moment is the one that gives 75% to melee. The other part is due to people not having Rank X in the good weapons yet. Once you see folks maxing out stuff like the Vanquisher and Hurricane, melee will start to fall off.

Edit: And speaking of equipment, if you're having trouble getting Mission Funds, consider downloading the Apex HQ app. on your phone. It lets you do Strike Team missions while you're away from your computer/console.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 25, 2017

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
XboxOne - Hambonius 0mega

**The "0" in 0mega is a zero**

because i suck

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Going to be starting some gold runs in about an hour (~8:30am PST). Happy to carry any goons who want some free XP/Credits.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I'm in, are you on the discord?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It's only 7:22, so no!

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
For some reason, none of my consumables other than Cobra RPGs work. I press the button, the respective icon on the screen flashes briefly, but nothing happens.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I heard in passing that there is something in single player you can do to unlock something in multiplayer but didn't catch what or how. Any truth to this?

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Are there any classes that do melee beter than human vanguard? I respeced today for melee and holy moley on bronze everything just melts and I cannot die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
https://giant.gfycat.com/SameCompassionateBergerpicard.webm

Builds are just fine in this game.

• Locked thread