Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Cyrano4747 posted:

Frankly I'm just amazed we haven't gotten a wasp or stinger yet. Or both. I mean they were basically the same mech in TT but like that would stop PGI from milking nostalgic nerds for a few more bucks.

Probably because Harmony Gold would get litigious in a heart beat over those two. That and the fact we already have a bunch of samey humanoid looking mechs.

E: Even the Reseen versions still look retardedly similar and like Macross designs.

Skoll fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

PoptartsNinja posted:

The Spider's the most efficient at the task, but the Assassin is at least capable of it. It's a 7/11/5, which makes it faster than the 6/9/6 Stinger and Wasp, and carries comparable firepower to both of them with an LRM-5 thrown in for long range potshots (an average of 3 damage is still a lot to a stinger or a wasp).

the problem is that does an only fair job of intimidating bug mechs, which is a job literally any unit with a medium laser can do, and it's absolute garbage at everything else. its ammo bays and lovely armor probably mean that it's half-hosed in a duel against one bug.

7/11 With An LRM is a 3025 design that pops up again and again and people always insist that it's an urban fighter or it hunts bug mechs or what the gently caress ever. yeah nah it does like 10 damage on a good day then dies ignominiously

Skoll posted:

Probably because Harmony Gold would get litigious in a heart beat over those two. That and the fact we already have a bunch of samey humanoid looking mechs.

E: Even the Reseen versions still look retardedly similar and like Macross designs.

the phoenix hawk is a veritech too though, so who knows

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
They managed to make the P-Hawk look like a dude wearing a Daft Punk helmet and a jetpack though.

The Valkyrie and Wasp can still kind of pass for the Mospeada mechs.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Skoll posted:

The Valkyrie and Wasp can still kind of pass for the Mospeada mechs.

Blasphemer. Those are VF1's, not Alpha/Beta bots. The Valkyrie was just a lovely kit-bash anyways.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
Found a new (offline) mechlab tool that's awesome. Smurphy but better. Displays all around more information, accounts for quirks and modules, jam chances, range modifiers, everything. Also, if you like your build there's a button to auto-throw it into smurphy with 0 effort for you.
Open source as well, if you care about that.

http://emilybjoerk.github.io/lsml/

Also, pulls all mech/weapon/everything data from your MWO files itself. So it never has to update. Example, all the Assassins are already in mine the day after patch.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

armchairyoda posted:

Blasphemer. Those are VF1's, not Alpha/Beta bots. The Valkyrie was just a lovely kit-bash anyways.

I was talking about the Reseen ones being able to pass for the Mospeada cycle mechs in Battloid mode.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Skoll posted:

I was talking about the Reseen ones being able to pass for the Mospeada cycle mechs in Battloid mode.

At least BattleTech never brought in the space helicopters. :v:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hey man, the Space Apaches were an AWESOME idea when I was 11.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Skoll posted:

GoBots model of Cy-Kill springs to mind for that one.
e: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cy-kill+model+kit I'm that lazy.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Truth. But the 3025 book was just perspectively-impaired visions of a meth beta tester.

armchairyoda fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Mar 23, 2017

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Rysithusiku posted:

Found a new (offline) mechlab tool that's awesome. Smurphy but better. Displays all around more information, accounts for quirks and modules, jam chances, range modifiers, everything. Also, if you like your build there's a button to auto-throw it into smurphy with 0 effort for you.
Open source as well, if you care about that.

http://emilybjoerk.github.io/lsml/

Also, pulls all mech/weapon/everything data from your MWO files itself. So it never has to update. Example, all the Assassins are already in mine the day after patch.

Don't install Java my dude.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
How often do colors go on sale?

It's amazing to me that in the 4+ years this game has been alive, with over 200 colors to choose from, Russ couldn't relax his sphincter just enough to add like 7 more colors to the c-bill list.

I could understand patterns being money only back then, but there are so many patterns now, they could easily free up half a dozen for c-bill purchase.

It's these kind of little things that could help a new player stick around a while. Everyone loves playing pretty princess mech dressup, toss them a bone once in a while!

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Freakazoid_ posted:

How often do colors go on sale?

It's amazing to me that in the 4+ years this game has been alive, with over 200 colors to choose from, Russ couldn't relax his sphincter just enough to add like 7 more colors to the c-bill list.

I could understand patterns being money only back then, but there are so many patterns now, they could easily free up half a dozen for c-bill purchase.

It's these kind of little things that could help a new player stick around a while. Everyone loves playing pretty princess mech dressup, toss them a bone once in a while!

It is extremely rare that colors go on sale, maybe twice a year. I think it is a smart idea to have them all cost MC, they are entirely optional and why not take the opportunity to get some real money out of the person who wants them. The price is too high though, I would never spend 750mc for a color....unless it was really cool.

Edit: I found this spreadsheet detailing the difference in health for all the IS and Clan components. Seems C-SRM2's and 4's got nerfed hard while the AC/20 and C-UAC-20/C-LBX-20 got a big boost. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OdF5HDXLpwbMZ-BnC3KTW18ewADr6lFO0NmaDfe8Iq0/edit#gid=0

TjyvTompa fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Mar 23, 2017

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

TjyvTompa posted:

It is extremely rare that colors go on sale, maybe twice a year. I think it is a smart idea to have them all cost MC, they are entirely optional and why not take the opportunity to get some real money out of the person who wants them. The price is too high though, I would never spend 750mc for a color....unless it was really cool.

My main gripe is that they're not really giving them out free at all any more. For about a year I was averaging one color every couple of months from poo poo like events. Sure, three of them were shades of olive drab, but I got some workable primary colors in there too. I'm not saying throw them out all the time, but they're really obvious and good event rewards.

If they had any brains they'd sell a random color box (maybe through the supply cache mechanic) where you pay 100 MC or whatever and just get whatever the game throws at you that you don't already have. Maybe you get that horrible yellow/brown that's only barely off the default color, maybe you get pink Totally Purple, because pink is for girls and girls don't play stompy robots guys.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
:siren:

You can now put different camos on the Founders and Loyalty mechs!

My Founders and Loyalty Atlas, and Loyalty Cent are all rockin PC Gamer now.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Cyrano4747 posted:

My main gripe is that they're not really giving them out free at all any more. For about a year I was averaging one color every couple of months from poo poo like events. Sure, three of them were shades of olive drab, but I got some workable primary colors in there too. I'm not saying throw them out all the time, but they're really obvious and good event rewards.

If they had any brains they'd sell a random color box (maybe through the supply cache mechanic) where you pay 100 MC or whatever and just get whatever the game throws at you that you don't already have. Maybe you get that horrible yellow/brown that's only barely off the default color, maybe you get pink Totally Purple, because pink is for girls and girls don't play stompy robots guys.

Yeah I agree, most of my colors are ones that I have won from the Steam release until like last summer when they stopped doing them. I think colors are one of the few things I actually want to win together with warhorns because they are unique. Well, warhorns not so much but there are a couple that have been good, like the Recroom one.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Event rewards in general have been toned down a lot in the last year and a bit. Someone datamined a bunch of event reward information for loot bags and totaled average payouts for fixed reward events and they've been on a steady downward slope. Every new event the odds of pulling GXP and consumables go up, the odds of MC and CB go down, and good prizes are much rarer in fixed events.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
80+ bags so far, no mech. But hey at least I've gotten 2 days of premium.

E: Aww poor asses.

Greetings MechWarriors,

We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday, March 23rd at 3:00 PM PDT (10 PM UTC), with the following changes:

• Achievements: Fixed an issue where the in-match Achievement alert wouldn't contain Achievement information.
• Applejack Pattern: Fixed missing textures for the Ebon Jaguar, Executioner, Gargoyle, and Hellbringer.
• Assassin (ASN-101): Fixed an issue where the Max Jump Jet value was incorrect (7 instead of 5). If you've already equipped more than 5 Jump Jets onto your ASN-101 the build will be marked as Invalid, and you will need to remove the two extra Jump Jets before it can be brought into battle.
• Bitchin' Betty: 'Weapon Jammed' alert has been removed.
• Clan Invasion variants: Fixed an issue where certain Patterns had a metallic sheen.
• Faction Play Lobby: Fixed an issue where chat couldn't be sent.

Additional Notes:

• Contrary to the original text in the March Patch Notes some Clan Invasion variants still do not have Pattern coverage over the unique Invasion geometry. The ACH-Prime (I), EBJ-Prime (I), EXE-Prime (I), GAR-Prime (I), HBR-Prime (I), and SMN-Prime (I) will be receiving full Pattern coverage in a future patch.
POPULAR FORUM TOPICS

veedubfreak fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 23, 2017

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Give me my loving rotary acs

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Why are pubbies so loving stupid?
WHY. IS it this game that attracts the dumbest of the dumb?
Or has the human race really become this loving retarded?

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

Or has the human race really become this loving retarded?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/query.php?action=posthistory&userid=76776

:haw:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:owned:

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
It's not like I voted for Trump or something.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

35% off sale (CB and MC) on the following: Marauder IIC, Stalker, Battlemaster, Warhawk, Hunchback-IIC, Night Gyr, Kodiak, Arctic Cheetah, Jenner IIC, Nova, Huntsman, Timberwolf, Spider, Locust, Griffin, and Grasshopper

In keeping with PGI tradition this probably means those mechs are about to be nerfed.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
except for the warhawk, that's basically a lineup of every good mech in the game

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Cease to Hope posted:

except for the warhawk, that's basically a lineup of every good mech in the game

The nerf bat's coming down hard

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

Its the "comp scene" sale, so I guess they watched some comp footage and put the mechs people were using on sale. Comp is 8v8 or less so that might explain the warhawk.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Are any of the huntsmen worth buying?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ive been enjoying the P with 4x SRM6a and 2x MPL. You can try an SRM bomber with 6 SRM6 (or 8 if you buy the hero) if you want but i think they run too hot.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I have discovered that tier 4 pubbies have some irrational hate (or fear?) for thunderbolts, to the point where they blame me personally for everything that goes wrong in a match. The don't even bother to know my name, just "that guy in the tbolt".

Meanwhile, I keep walking away with another event qualification, even when we get rolled.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Did they do something to the Thunderbolt in the past 6 months? The 3xLPL one and the Top Dog were both real good

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Are any of the clan assaults on sale worth picking up? I was looking at the Marauder IIC, but it looks like it isn't up for c-bills yet.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Marauder IIC is great and the Kodiak 3 is, by a wide margin, the best mech in the game.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

yeah, if you don't own a KDK-3 yet now is the time to fix that

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Shame I bought mine a week or so ago. Didn't get the sweet sale, but yeah KDK-3s are really worth it if you don't have one yet during this sale.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Kdk 3 is the only assault i like. The 4 lbx10 just takes me back to the atlas S playstyle, except you do 70kph instead of 60. Performs reliably on every map save alpine and maybe polar.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

MAD-IICs seem loving invincible every time I bump into one, so I guess I'll snag a couple lol

e: nevermind I thought they were out for cbills gently caress that

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 25, 2017

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Beet Wagon posted:

MAD-IICs seem loving invincible every time I bump into one, so I guess I'll snag a couple lol

e: nevermind I thought they were out for cbills gently caress that
I thought that too. Looks like they come out for c-bills on April 4th.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
If you have the MC already, buy the scorch. It's the heroe and is mc only anyway. Then just buy the others if you want them or hold out until the skill tree so you don't have to buy 3 mechs.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I hate the loving scorch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Bolow posted:

Did they do something to the Thunderbolt in the past 6 months? The 3xLPL one and the Top Dog were both real good

I don't think so? Don't have a top dog, but the 3xLPL 9SE is still pretty good.

• Locked thread