Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

what

why would you do this

unless you have two different sets of ads already prepared and approved, and the dude at the station accidentally queues up the wrong ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Is this real??

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

lmao so not only did they think it would paas, they thought everyone would be rushing to congratulate them for it

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Al-Saqr posted:

Why is this considered a big victory? What's preventing the GOP from trying again a month or two down the road?

Nothing except they said they're done for now, and it is unlikely that the gaps between hfc and moderates is filled

Plus, I think reconciliation has a time limit on it

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Duscat posted:

what

why would you do this

unless you have two different sets of ads already prepared and approved, and the dude at the station accidentally queues up the wrong ones?

no you just make one set and buy the time for it

because you're delusional and a fuckin idiot

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

:discourse: hahahaha amazing

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

Why is this considered a big victory? What's preventing the GOP from trying again a month or two down the road?

Donald J. Trump, 45th president: 'eh, let's just let health care blow up, I never wanted to repeal and replace anyway'

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

dang she looks a lot like jenny lewis right here

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!

The Glumslinger posted:

Nothing except they said they're done for now, and it is unlikely that the gaps between hfc and moderates is filled

Plus, I think reconciliation has a time limit on it

Also the GOP clearly has no confidence in its ability to pass healthcare reform at this point. Why on earth would they want to give themselves another black eye.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Im dying

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Matoi Ryuko posted:

i thought it was his hair and tiny penis

those are pretty high up there too

figuratively i mean

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

zen death robot posted:

I have a 7+ and it's great but yeah the headphone thing is kinda dumb, I finally caved and got some beats solo 3s for work so I can charge and listen to stuff at the same time

lol they got you

they got you

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i am utterly unsurprised that donald trump folded like a house made of runny poo poo at the first whiff of real opposition to his plans.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Solarin posted:

jesus chrrrisffffffff :jackbud:

don't think I wanna watch that ad but from the frame in preview , confirm deny, is it racist?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

also now Trump has said he wants to see the ACA individual market collapse because that will show them, that will show them all how bad it was and how right he is.

This isn't a joke he is going to sabotage this any way he can in order to prove himself right.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Schnorkles posted:

we'll get you you drat democrats why couldn't u help the greatest president ever in donald trump :qq:

from what I'm seeing among the trump base they aren't directly blaming the democrats (as of now) even with trump himself going that angle, ryan is drawing the overwhelming ire at every angle

only solace they are taking is the bill always sucked, Obamacare is going to fail anyway and it's the democrats fault when it does, everyone walking around it being a loss instead of spinning it as a win

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

GOP? more like gee, ohh lets make a lot of mistakes

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

trash person posted:

Also the GOP clearly has no confidence in its ability to pass healthcare reform at this point. Why on earth would they want to give themselves another black eye.

they have enough to worry about what with so many of their number breaking rank and voting for what their constituents wanted

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

don't think I wanna watch that ad but from the frame in preview , confirm deny, is it racist?

The word republican appears at least once so yes insanely racist

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Ooooo look at Big Daddy Warbucks over here, Mmmmmm I got six dollars and its gotta last me thirteen days ladee da :monocle:

*spreads hands*

*upwards of $4 in pennies sprays all over a bunch of rando people on public transit*

*lowers sunglasses slightly, eyes twinkle*

zen death robot posted:

I have a 7+ and it's great but yeah the headphone thing is kinda dumb, I finally caved and got some beats solo 3s for work so I can charge and listen to stuff at the same time

congrats on encouraging their insane design philosophy to metastasize and get even dumber and crazier next gen

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Al-Saqr posted:

this was essentially the first real test to see if the republicans could overcome their political infighting and actually make progress on anything legislatively

instead it turned into a clown-car pile-up with the HFC basically attempting to hold everything for ransom and everyone trying to throw everyone else under the bus at the end

they didn't even manage to get a bill they've essentially passed 60 times to the senate

basically, the republicans were revealed in the most obvious way to be transparently lovely and incapable of actually governing, because they've spent most of the last decade being a rote opposition party that didn't actually have to deliver on anything

it won't stop their base from blaming the democrats for the republicans being completely unable to pass anything though, because they're morons

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MariusLecter posted:

Thanking a bunch of Republican reps for repealing Obamacare, a very sloppy bj

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

its just a standard political ad with smiling doctors and patients and then ends with THANK [CONGRESSMAN] FOR KEEPING THEIR PROMISE AND REPEALING THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT

it's :discourse:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

hi

lmao

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

somebody getting fired

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

"gawrsh this government thing sure is hard GA-HUH" *squeezes own testicles to death*

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

punchymcpunch posted:

GOP? more like gee, ohh lets make a lot of mistakes

Donald Trump? Gee, oh pee!

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

this was essentially the first real test to see if the republicans could overcome their political infighting and actually make progress on anything legislatively

instead it turned into a clown-car pile-up with the HFC basically attempting to hold everything for ransom and everyone trying to throw everyone else under the bus at the end

they didn't even manage to get a bill they've essentially passed 60 times to the senate

basically, the republicans were revealed in the most obvious way to be transparently lovely and incapable of actually governing, because they've spent most of the last decade being a rote opposition party that didn't actually have to deliver on anything

it won't stop their base from blaming the democrats for the republicans being completely unable to pass anything though, because they're morons

its like if you spend all day hearing your neighbor yelling about how green his grass is, and when you finally take a look over the fence it's just a tire fire

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

it's funny because when I was posting in lesser forums full or srsposting normies, I would've worried about drunkenly sassing admins

but I think ZDR cherishes how agnostic to posting class we are here and thus forgives any number of slights

thator I'm just #1

no wait

BOTH

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I bet a a nonzero number of people saw that ad and will somehow manage to go the entire rest of their lives thinking that the Republicans won and overturned Obamacare and that their current coverage is all thanks to Trump

but still, lol

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

can you believe the nerve of these democrats... passing legislation 7 years ago, what assholes... to show them we should do nothing and complain about a 7 year old law

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:sandance:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also one of the people in those ads is comstock, who said she would be a no vote

lol

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

I'm the voice actor on the shortlist for when Trump is cleared of all charges

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

well

in a month or two itll be a nonstarter because they planned to use a tool called budget reconciliation to create an acceptable final version of the bill after ramming thru a "close enough" approximation w promises of sorting things out in reconciliation. since its intended as a budget management tool and not a general legislative thing theres a deadline for it, since they arent supposed to be dicking w the budget all the time. that deadline is fast approaching

they could try to do something w/o reconciliation, or try again next year, but thats unlikely. the potus has said outright that he is ready to move on, hes done w trying to do healthcare. the legislature is still as hostile to building a working bill as ever, and that wont change in the immediate term. the bill is as unpopular as ever, w literally every stakeholder group—medical, insurance, and citizen

the political will isnt there and creating the will would be costly, and would probably lead to another crushing defeat. this is especially true now since paul ryan has lost all appearance of authority and couldnt negotiate a congressional sand castle contest during a beach visit

the republicans and trump have a number of things they want to do, and staying on this losing issue would just grind their agenda nearly to a halt

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I bet a a nonzero number of people saw that ad and will somehow manage to go the entire rest of their lives thinking that the Republicans won and overturned Obamacare and that their current coverage is all thanks to Trump

but still, lol

oh yeah a shitload probably

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

it's not a victory, it's just a huge bluff blowing up in the idiot's face because he made a huge rear end stink about it yesterday

things will be back to normal once Trump doubles down on the taxes

edit: dang Squizzle, that's a pretty dang good answer

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

Also, Trump looked like a punk rear end bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

problem is a lot of their tax positions were predicated on Obamacare being nuked

• Locked thread