Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slouch
Mar 10, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

there really isn't a good analogue in the modern era for the level of failure this is.

Clintoncare didn't finally putter out until 94 and he got several bills before then.

i mostly mean the fact that bannon had his propaganda mill try and push the narrative of "ryancare" because he didnt like it and didnt want his fat moron president associated with it in such an absurdly transparent way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Elder Postsman posted:

my friend from college who is possibly the most republican person i have ever know, and i say this having worked for the mn republican party back in the day, is ready to give up on them over this

you have told them over and over and over again that you'll repeal obamacare and then you fail and say "welp its the law of the land"

there's gonna be some whiplash here

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

zen death robot posted:

Basically the iPhone thing with the FBI was dumb because there was nothing on it that couldn't have been recovered with a bunch of different warrants for whatever they were just being stupid/lazy

Not quite

Apple encryption uses the pin number as a part of the key so they needed it to make any sense of the data they recovered from the phone via warrant. Apple was more than happy to hand them the data from the most recent iCloud backup, but the FBI wanted them to crack into the phone itself which it literally can't do by design, so the FBI told them to build a backdoor and they told them to go screw.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Yossarian-22 posted:

I just did the 666th retweet of an apropos Trump tweet from 6/6

HAIL GAY SATAN :devil: :devil: :devil:

(That's me)

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/845466519668584448

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Yinlock posted:

I got a real cold fury vibe from that, it was curt and to the point wheras trump would usually talk about how he has the best learning

yeah, given the Trump we know, it's strikingly out of character for him

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Yinlock posted:

the narrative is very much "republicans failed" right now though

True across the pond at least. Guardian headlines:

"Trump blames Democrats"
"Why the healthcare bill was doomed"

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Solarin posted:

"So what did you learn Mr. President?"

"Absolutely nothingAnother day in paradise"

honestly that response is kind of chilling. He literally cannot learn from disaster, he is just going to try and get revenge on anybody he thinks hosed him over

well yeah he's a narcissist

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Office Pig posted:

still haven't seen a post-vote tweet, have we?

Hasn't tweeted in like 10 hours right, poor babby must be feeling bad :ohdear:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
lol at paul ryan forever

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ART OF THE DEAL BABY

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Al-Saqr posted:

Why is this considered a big victory? What's preventing the GOP from trying again a month or two down the road?

if the differences between the opposing wings in the gop could have been ironed out they would have done it. they couldn't. so they instead tried to bully/intimidate opponents into supporting the bill and now the jig is up. this also demonstrates to all gop supporters that the party is full of poo poo and all the grandstanding they've been doing for the past 8 years was nothing but hot air. only the dumbest of the dumbs will buy their 'bulh it's democrats fault!!' excuse

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Office Pig posted:

"gawrsh this government thing sure is hard GA-HUH" *squeezes own testicles to death*

Kinky

Wait...
Oh poo poo
Guys I think I figured out why trump would go all the way with this president thing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

*camera slowly pans over wandering group of redhats while sad music plays*

these Common North American Dumbfucks have lost their Strong Daddy and have been left to the cruel whims of nature

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Solarin posted:

"So what did you learn Mr. President?"

"Absolutely nothingAnother day in paradise"

honestly that response is kind of chilling. He literally cannot learn from disaster, he is just going to try and get revenge on anybody he thinks hosed him over

So trump will destroy the freedom/tea party/suicide caucus? Is he really a Democrat in disguise? The deep "deep" state manchurian candidate?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lastgirl posted:

lol at paul ryan forever

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

reminder that Paul Ryan is the Congressman of Janesville, WI, which is basically a town-sized truck stop

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Not quite

Apple encryption uses the pin number as a part of the key so they needed it to make any sense of the data they recovered from the phone via warrant. Apple was more than happy to hand them the data from the most recent iCloud backup, but the FBI wanted them to crack into the phone itself which it literally can't do by design, so the FBI told them to build a backdoor and they told them to go screw.

and then after being told to go screw, it took them all of 1 day to get it cracked by some other means

it was obviously a ploy to get a backdoor to all iPhones

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

got any sevens posted:

Everyone in Seattle loves dicks, it's even enshrined in a Mixalot song (Posse on Broadway).

Yeah I have no problem eating a bag of dicks

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

maybe when techonology allows it, i can subject myself to 5 minutes of total aggrandizement and convince myself that nothing I've ever done, no one I've ever trusted in, no ideal I've ever held was wrong and that all my experience of anything negative was those forces against me

but if I put on those goggles I would be gone and I know you would all cry for that

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

zen death robot posted:

Yeah no one is ever finding out about secret NSA intercepted poo poo in public that'll be closed door poo poo only

Until one of those idiot Repubs on the intel committee blabs about it because he thinks it makes Trump look good.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i don't think i can eat a whole bag of dicks in one sitting but i can do it if i spread it over a few weeks.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

KIND OF A KIM DEAL posted:

I'm serious, this place is just surface level discussion with a bunch of drunks...I mostly come here for the twitter posts since D&D fails at that in comparison IMHO.

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Schnorkles posted:

i hope you're all loving ashamed of yourselves

every day

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Mr. Jive posted:

Nothingmatters news flash: Trump was obstructed by Democrats and traitorous RINOs, pledge now to drain the swamp!

yeah the problem is that it was the hfc that stumped trump- who are supposed to be his core supporters.

this is what a political rout looks like. they've completely broken rank at the first sign of discomfort

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Robert Plant posted:

Also, Trump looked like a punk rear end bitch

trump's looked like a punk rear end bitch since before i was born

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DrPossum posted:

maybe when techonology allows it, i can subject myself to 5 minutes of total aggrandizement and convince myself that nothing I've ever done, no one I've ever trusted in, no ideal I've ever held was wrong and that all my experience of anything negative was those forces against me

but if I put on those goggles I would be gone and I know you would all cry for that

youd have a 99% chance of becoming sean hannity

and a 1% chance of becoming dril

https://twitter.com/dril/status/845450020170141697

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I haf begun my cheat day 1 hour earlier than usual and if you have a problem with it gently caress you

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

now that they've established precedent that they can do this every contentious bill till 2018 is going to be open season. they've totally lost the plot

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Haha nice

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

sullat posted:

Until one of those idiot Repubs on the intel committee blabs about it because he thinks it makes Trump look good.

I have a feeling you're referencing Nunes but Stone, Manafort, et al offering to publicly testify delays the mattering significantly imo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

night krew got me laid once

did you read posts out loud in a sexy way

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Today was like a self ownage apocalypse. It ruled. IT RULED!

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug
today has been a good day :cheers:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Rex-Goliath posted:

yeah the problem is that it was the hfc that stumped trump- who are supposed to be his core supporters.

this is what a political rout looks like. they've completely broken rank at the first sign of discomfort

the solid NO votes were half and half between the freedom caucus and the tuesday group ("moderates"), although he spent the vast majority of his energy courting those with the FC

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

This whole article's really good, Trump hosed himself over

quote:

Through charm, force of personality and sheer intimidation, Trump did move some votes into the yes column. But GOP leaders were left wondering why he didn't do more—why he didn't send tweets, travel to congressional districts, put his famed dealmaking skills to work. The answer, to Republicans on both ends of Pennsylvania Avenue, is obvious: Because he lacked familiarity with the legislation itself, and thought it was Ryan’s job to sell the specifics.

“Trump is a business executive. When he tells his lieutenants to get something done, he's used to it getting done,” one senior House GOP aide told me. “He’s really not used to getting involved himself.”

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Today was like a self ownage apocalypse. It ruled. IT RULED!

settle down, beavis

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=740TB17Dsn0

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

:( I didn't mean it I think you're a good person

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

republicans all across the spectrum are now becoming introspective for once and looking at who amongst their party are the ones who should be thrown out. all of them know that OBAMACARE BAD but they can't agree on what to do about it. because for the first time in a loving decade instead of sitting there and bloviating without consequence things Actually Matter(tm) and it's funny how the actual details of a policy are being paid attention to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

• Locked thread