Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

i feel like the admin saying "welp lets screw obamacare" is politically risky considering people are already done this year and you'd be blowing up the market places the year that you have potentially serious midterms coming up

yeah but trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Solarin posted:

I agree with you but this is essentially a button Trump can press to make all this dumb poo poo he's been saying 'right' and that is his number one priority in life.

At this point he's rat hosed his credibility so hard even starting out unpopular. Imagine millions lose coverage over night and he goes in front of a camera and says "SEE THIS WAS OBAMAS FAULT! OBAMACARE BAD!". He hasn't once taken responsibility for any failure of his government and I think him doing that in a real life or death crises would be complete batshit insanity.

I am curious if a red hat that lost their insurance overnight really be willing to deflect their life being jeopardized onto the fading memory of obama and not on the guy that promised he would take care of everyone

the only thing that will make redhats abandon trump are his stances on weed, women, and weather.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

i feel like the admin saying "welp lets screw obamacare" is politically risky considering people are already done this year and you'd be blowing up the market places the year that you have potentially serious midterms coming up

TRUMP!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

trumps need to ~feel~ right will override all sensible options.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

althought ultimately that decision is jephie seshies

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Solarin posted:

I agree with you but this is essentially a button Trump can press to make all this dumb poo poo he's been saying 'right' and that is his number one priority in life.

At this point he's rat hosed his credibility so hard even starting out unpopular. Imagine millions lose coverage over night and he goes in front of a camera and says "SEE THIS WAS OBAMAS FAULT! OBAMACARE BAD!". He hasn't once taken responsibility for any failure of his government and I think him doing that in a real life or death crisis would be complete batshit insanity.

I am curious if a red hat that lost their insurance overnight really be willing to deflect their life being jeopardized onto the fading memory of obama and not on the guy that promised he would take care of everyone

the cool thing is even if something happens and it was 100% obama's fault trump will get blamed because that's what happens when you're the sheriff in town

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Solarin posted:

At this point he's rat hosed his credibility so hard even starting out unpopular. Imagine millions lose coverage over night and he goes in front of a camera and says "SEE THIS WAS OBAMAS FAULT! OBAMACARE BAD!". He hasn't once taken responsibility for any failure of his government and I think him doing that in a real life or death crisis would be complete batshit insanity.

anyone who was all in for trump is out of their minds and will not be convinced no matter what

the moron undecided rustbelters that won him the election are the ones who will run fleeing from him and after this fiasco along prolly from the gop as well. until this health care poo poo, i thought 2018 was a total pipe dream for the dems, now i think they actually have a chance and that's even if things don't keep getting worse. if they do get worse (and they almost certainly will), hoo boy.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

financially racist posted:

no he won't cuz he'll be in jail by the time that happens

thats not gonna happen as fast as you think

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

ive been halfassedly looking for a reason congress couldnt use its broad investigative powers to immediately make comey their terminator robot who is also a detective w subpoena powers, if he got fired by trump

havent found one yet

There is functionally nothing a sufficiently determined and united U.S. Congress could not do if it really wanted to. :shrug:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

been a bad day when breitbart tacitly admits you are in a slump

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Admiral Ray posted:

althought ultimately that decision is jephie seshies

the attorney general serves at the pleasure of the prez and can be ejected from office into deep space if the potus doesnt like what the doj is doing

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

This is the best end to a great day

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Salt Fish posted:

Is this real??

i saw one of their ads telling people to support the ahca 2 hours after ryan pulled it so i'd say yes

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Squizzle posted:

the attorney general serves at the pleasure of the prez and can be ejected from office into deep space if the potus doesnt like what the doj is doing

i think sesh can lie well enough to hide his efforts if he needs to.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Solarin posted:

the ultra trumpists will blame obama even as they watch their children wither and starve, they aren't the people worth worrying about because they will die with praise in their mouths

the rest of america will just know "gently caress I'm gonna die" and we'll do another round of "vote the bums out" and republicans will grow even more crazy and hard right as they get back into their comfort zone of being opposition with no responsibility

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

but yeah, it depends. maybe sessions won't even tell him about the defense! we just have to hope trump learns of this new loop hole from cnn

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

mannerup posted:

hahahahhaha

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Philthy posted:

Nothing matters. etc

more wrong statements in the mattering zone

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

how in control of his faculties was reagan when he took that photo with tromp

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
im pictureing trumps mom at the beach and shes just scowling at everything and gaping at the indignity of being in the presence of people eating hot dogs and then some surfers point at her and go "hey look its high tide" and then she runs over and starts attacking them with her giant rhinestone covered purse

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

as opposed to the UNofficial breitbart store

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh my god

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mannerup posted:

who's the nerd with the wreath around his head??

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Nonsense posted:

pic was from november 1987 so right near the end of his 2nd term

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

cumshitter posted:

im pictureing trumps mom at the beach and shes just scowling at everything and gaping at the indignity of being in the presence of people eating hot dogs and then some surfers point at her and go "hey look its high tide" and then she runs over and starts attacking them with her giant rhinestone covered purse

she would never stoop to assault she would have her chauffeur/bodyguard Clarence Fredericks beat them to death in an alley later.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Deadspin/status/845453917064441857

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hasnt congress hired lawyers before when the Obama doj wasnt going to defend a bad law

i have a dim memory of something like that

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

mannerup posted:

"Boosted, wear the hat of power for only you can save the Republicans.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Nonsense posted:

he signed his name as "Reagan Reagan"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

fried balogna omgggggg how I've missed thee

a cheat meal that kicks straight into the brain of 5 year old EHF

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Weeping Wound posted:

who's the nerd with the wreath around his head??

virgil (roman poet), author's moniker is virgil and uses that pic on his articles

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Oh my god :captainpop:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

mannerup posted:

virgil (roman poet), author's moniker is virgil and uses that pic on his articles

:negative:

I prefer the styling of the modern poet-author, Virgil Watson

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

grats to dewey

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Rocks posted:

This is the best end to a great day

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Epic High Five posted:

fried balogna omgggggg how I've missed thee

a cheat meal that kicks straight into the brain of 5 year old EHF

are you a poster on bodybuilding.com or nah?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

lol no

They're too obsessive, I like to be chill and cool at all times and also crush weights and big meals

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

i post there as cumsquatter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

GrimGypsy posted:

papa roach dunking on paul ryan lmaooooooooo

ryan is the shawn bradley of politics. he just gets posterized left and right.

• Locked thread