Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost

They're out-britishing the british.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

P-Mack posted:

I overheard the electrician at a project I'm working on mutter "chabuduo" to himself and now I'm nervous.

Didn't you follow up?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

nickmeister posted:

what's the point?

Also, Quora is awesome for China stuff. Will find more later.

Youre required to do this for most banking jobs and apparently there used to be in bank competitions for this that your bonuses were tied to

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008
loving lol

https://tw.news.yahoo.com/%E5%8A%87...-081100502.html

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

I saw this in another thread and all I could think was "How much Taiwan is China" from the way it's written.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
The Lamest Kanrenao

I'm on the train to go meet up with a date, debating if I should just get off the train and tell her I got lost, when we stop and this hobbling guy gets on. He's obviously mentally disabled, and obviously physically disabled, and he's trying his best to move onto the train before the doors close. Judging by his clothes and shoes, he wasn't homeless or dirty. He just looked like a guy that got a bad deal in life.

Immediately everyone stops their phone addiction and looks up. Girls start moving out of his way, clutching their purses and bags, and all Chinese eyes are on this poor guy trying to use his shakey hand to hold onto the train pole while his tongue hangs out.
He then shuffles to the other car, trying to find a seat. People in that car hadn't seen him yet, and immediately they all back away while some girl screams for no reason. He's trying to make it to one of the seats, and points at one that is filled with a girl (basically saying he wants that seat). I've seen Chinese get up for old people or pregnant women, but nobody wanted to get up for this guy. A large crowd formed and were kanrenao-ing so hard that you get one of those epiphanies and think that if they could put the same amount of effort from this idiotic kanrenao into other things, they could solve so many problems in this country in a short amount of time.

Finally, he staggers towards a seat, almost about to fall over due to the train moving, and the girl in the seat jumps up at the last moment. His legs give out and he's on his knees, dragging himself up into the seat, while the people near him are fleeing in terror.
The girl that originally had to move stands there and starts berating him while the crowd forms even denser now. She's just whining at him without even pausing to take a breath, most likely about how inconsiderate he is or something. I was on that train for about 10 more minutes she honestly did not let up on the guy with her bitching, so much so that even the onlookers got bored and dispersed. She was like the Micro Machines commercials guy, but directed towards a disabled dude clutching a seat. She was still doing it when I got off the train, and the new people getting on were coming over to watch.

It was the loving lamest thing I have seen in China yet. I knew they stared and pointed at disabled people, but this was beyond that. They treated him like a plague rat scurrying about in a toilet. You could see they actually though this must be contagious, hence the running away and screaming. To form an actual gawk circle around a guy that has trouble walking and keeping his tongue in his mouth, holy poo poo.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

but did you hear they're leading the world in green power

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

JaucheCharly posted:

Didn't you follow up?

太麻煩了 :shrug:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

P-Mack posted:

太麻煩了 :shrug:

對啊!他們都太爛了!

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
KERMIT

So I went on a date with this girl from Tantan. She was really cute in the photos, but her photos were strictly face shots. I had no idea what the rest of her was like. She wanted to meet me last night, but I was too busy playing Persona 4 and then not playing it because it was super anime and Japanese teen bullshit.

Anyway, we talked and she told me she used to be Christian but gave it up because she felt that other gods were just as legit as the one in the Bible. She started talking about religions and got on Hinduism and Buddhism, and was immediately all fire and brimstone about how she hopes those religions have special hells for people that do casual sex. I was LOLing at how much she hated the idea of banging out of wedlock, so I was about ready to quit until she said she likes videogames and started talking about the Playstation 2 being her favorite. I have just been jamming on my PS2 emulator and enjoying some classics, so I told her to come over and play Tekken 5 with me. She immediately agreed, but had to wait until her free day.

The next day she said she regretted agreeing to come to my house. She had never met me. What if I just wanted to rape her? What if I was lying about playing games? She couldn't trust a total stranger. I might be a horrible person. How bad am I? What if I was a Chinese pretending to be foreign?
That was annoying, but I put on my best Chinese face game and threw it back at her that she just wanted to steal my computer and I really don't know what she looks like and maybe she's a fake account. She demanded I give her my phone number, as if that would prove I am real. I said the truth, that I don't know it, and too bad. She was convinced I was a fake.

The next day she asked me to meet face to face and we can prove it. I said no (Persona 4), but tonight I was already on my way by where she lives (very near to me), and decided to just do it and see how bad this could really be. I told her we will buy our teas and food separately, because I said I won't rape her or her wallet. She agreed.
I get there and I am waiting at the exit she told me to, and I said I don't see her. I send a voice message and she sends one back.

Me: "I don't really look like my photos now (unshaven and haggard since I've been sick), so just look for the white guy."
Her: "Look for the fat girl in the dress."
Me: "Fat girl?"
Her: "Will you leave when you see me?"
Me: "Why would I do that? I am here already."
Her: "Other guys ran away..."

Yep. She had quite a few kilos on me, but said she was much fatter a couple years ago. She was humongous for China, but maybe just "overweight" in North America. She had the big BBW titties to back it up though. Still, it was average-weight white guy with big Chinese girl, and all eyes were absolutely on us everywhere we went. She kept saying she was very ugly, Chinese hate fat people, and feels really uncomfortable in China being a fat person. Her face was very pretty, but she was super conscious about her body and I am sure the locals probably talked about it in earshot everywhere she went.
We get to the place and I take out my money to order and she pushes my hand away, saying she will pay for me and I can get anything I want. I asked her if that's how she always orders when she eats somewhere and she said she was on a diet. I LOLd.

We were talking and she said she refused every guy on Tantan except me, because of some bullshit I had put in my profile. The other foreign guys she matched with started off with "hey baby" or a dick pic and she immediately unmatched. LOL at being in China and still striking out.
She said I was nice and she felt safe and comfortable with me, no rape at all. She said I was like Kermit.

Me: "Kermit? Like Kermit the Frog?"
Her: "Yes! You are Kermit, so nice and funny. I am Ms. Piggie!"
Me: "Come on, no need to sa"
Her: "I am a big pig!"

We talked videogames and she said she had gotten addicted to World of Warcraft before (I'm utterly shocked!), but now it was just Clash of Clans and Playstation 2 games, which she had learned Japanese so she could play imported games. I realized I was in a the presence of a curvy goonette. I was honored.
I touched her shoulder and she turned away, saying she was too shy. I asked when the last time she had sex was. She said several years ago and hasn't dated at all either, and I was the first man she had met since her last serious relationship. She didn't trust foreigners, but she wants to live abroad and leave China forever if she can meet the right guy. I told her I am leaving here in Summer, so don't get her hopes up. She asked if she could still be my video game friend and come over to play, since we live so close. I said sure.

She asked if I wanted to walk her back to her apartment, and I agreed and told her it was because she paid for the two separate one-liter jugs of fruit tea I asked for (she said anything I wanted on menu). I didn't know if I was going to score, but I thought the tea would be a good excuse if I wanted to run away (due to peeing). We stood in front of the entrance to her place talking about our divorces and what we want to do later with our time.

Her: "I always wanted to have a baby. Do you have any kids?"
Me: "Nope. No kids that I know of."
Her: "Do you want a baby?"
Me: "Ah? Do you mean with you?"
Her: "You can."

I told her I had to pee, and wanted to pee at the metro station. When I left she immediately sent me a checklist of what kind of women I want to marry, and I said all the options looked bad. She said she was one of the options she had listed, but she knows she's ugly and fat and nobody likes her. Then she demanded I tell her how many women I have been with and I said this is too private for me. She asked again if she can still play video games at my house and I said to come over. She asked if I can cook her a big meal. I told her she was on a diet. She said she can break her rules. I am going to buy a bunch of cake and tell her I always keep cake laying around the house.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
She's going to come over to "play video games." She's going to cook you dinner and then try to bang you, and you will use your bloated stomach/need to poo poo after dinner as the excuse not to bang before reluctantly giving in in the most awkward of ways. I can see the future.

Also, do all these people you're dating really believe the whole "I can't have sex because I need to fulfill [bodily function]" excuse or are they just allowing you a face saving retreat? Because it's really hard to believe someone would turn down sex just because they have to pee.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Haier posted:

The Lamest Kanrenao

I'm on the train to go meet up with a date, debating if I should just get off the train and tell her I got lost, when we stop and this hobbling guy gets on. He's obviously mentally disabled, and obviously physically disabled, and he's trying his best to move onto the train before the doors close. Judging by his clothes and shoes, he wasn't homeless or dirty. He just looked like a guy that got a bad deal in life.

Immediately everyone stops their phone addiction and looks up. Girls start moving out of his way, clutching their purses and bags, and all Chinese eyes are on this poor guy trying to use his shakey hand to hold onto the train pole while his tongue hangs out.
He then shuffles to the other car, trying to find a seat. People in that car hadn't seen him yet, and immediately they all back away while some girl screams for no reason. He's trying to make it to one of the seats, and points at one that is filled with a girl (basically saying he wants that seat). I've seen Chinese get up for old people or pregnant women, but nobody wanted to get up for this guy. A large crowd formed and were kanrenao-ing so hard that you get one of those epiphanies and think that if they could put the same amount of effort from this idiotic kanrenao into other things, they could solve so many problems in this country in a short amount of time.

Finally, he staggers towards a seat, almost about to fall over due to the train moving, and the girl in the seat jumps up at the last moment. His legs give out and he's on his knees, dragging himself up into the seat, while the people near him are fleeing in terror.
The girl that originally had to move stands there and starts berating him while the crowd forms even denser now. She's just whining at him without even pausing to take a breath, most likely about how inconsiderate he is or something. I was on that train for about 10 more minutes she honestly did not let up on the guy with her bitching, so much so that even the onlookers got bored and dispersed. She was like the Micro Machines commercials guy, but directed towards a disabled dude clutching a seat. She was still doing it when I got off the train, and the new people getting on were coming over to watch.

It was the loving lamest thing I have seen in China yet. I knew they stared and pointed at disabled people, but this was beyond that. They treated him like a plague rat scurrying about in a toilet. You could see they actually though this must be contagious, hence the running away and screaming. To form an actual gawk circle around a guy that has trouble walking and keeping his tongue in his mouth, holy poo poo.
So I take it you didn't have a seat to give up then?

Disability is one of those areas where E-Asia (well, Asia in general) gets very lovely on very fast. Just about the only one remotely decent is Japan and they still have some horror stories there. And sometimes I think they only did that because of all the blind people after the atomic bombings

meanwhile, South Korea does this: http://www.independent.ie/world-new...s-30878193.html

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I saw this in another thread and all I could think was "How much Taiwan is China" from the way it's written.

Somebody doesn't know about the Kuril islands or the Liancourt rocks!

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

Cantorsdust posted:

Also, do all these people you're dating really believe the whole "I can't have sex because I need to fulfill [bodily function]" excuse or are they just allowing you a face saving retreat? Because it's really hard to believe someone would turn down sex just because they have to pee.

Yeah what's the deal with this? Was this explained earlier in the thread?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Cantorsdust posted:

She's going to come over to "play video games." She's going to cook you dinner and then try to bang you, and you will use your bloated stomach/need to poo poo after dinner as the excuse not to bang before reluctantly giving in in the most awkward of ways. I can see the future.

Hell yeah they believe it. You could pull the GBS meme of "I'm gay" in the middle of something and they'd believe it. The best I had was she was naked and on top of me, holding my junk, and I said I was very upset because we promised we would only talk to each other. I've passed on doing a lot of things by saying I was sick or had diarrhea (did not have), because it is so common here with everyone that nobody will question it due to Face or normal knowledge that everyone is puking or making GBS threads 90% of the time they eat food outside.

I do hope your prediction comes true. I enjoy having idiotic experiences to break the monotony (hence constantly getting into them, like some sort of Mr. Bean with a dating app).

Deceitful Penguin posted:

So I take it you didn't have a seat to give up then?

Disability is one of those areas where E-Asia (well, Asia in general) gets very lovely on very fast. Just about the only one remotely decent is Japan and they still have some horror stories there. And sometimes I think they only did that because of all the blind people after the atomic bombings
I was standing. I learned a long time ago to never sit down because:
1. I get privacy if I am chatting, since everyone will gawk at how totally different my Android is compared to theirs, or try to practice English by reading my screen.
2. I don't have to touch a bunch of filthy people.
3. The actual reason I rarely sit down on public transport - I don't have to waft in clouds of toxic poo poo breath that constantly plague me when being near these people. TCM states that you get fat from drinking too much water, and it is best for health to not have much anyway. The average is about 2-3 cups per day for most people here (even with those who exercise), and the halitosis is so extreme sometimes I want to vomit on the spot. It's sometimes so powerful that 1-2 meter distances don't disperse it. Dead-body Breath is also the main reason why I have dumped many a lady. Everyone complains of chronic headaches, and many times when I have asked people how much water they have had lately, it's like "I had a cup when I woke up (10 hours ago)," or "I drank some yesterday."

I was kanrenao-ing the kanrenao.

quote:

meanwhile, South Korea does this: http://www.independent.ie/world-new...s-30878193.html
LMAO, what the gently caress? I like how nobody faces punishment for any of this. They are just going through the motions to make an outrage.
I remember reading in a book about China that back in the 90s when the Olympic committee came to Beijing to see if it would be able to host the Olympics, they designed a specific path that the cars would take, making sure that there was no way they could see outside what they wanted them to see. They built huge walls on the express roads to block the slums or villages that were there, and everywhere along the way they had police search all the villages to round up any disabled people and make them disappear (forever) because they were worried one might show up and be seen by the committee and they would lose the bid.

The only duty a kid has here is to serve his parents and family with money. Having a disabled kid is beyond useless, so might as well just dump them off in the streets and let them die or something, who cares, right? No money from them, anyway.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

The disabled in China seem to me to be treated better than in South Korea, which is saying something.

You almost never see disabled people in SK since they're just locked up. At least here I've seen moms taking their adult children with some sort of obvious mental disorder or people in wheelchairs or whatever out and about.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Haier posted:

The only duty a kid has here is to serve his parents and family with money. Having a disabled kid is beyond useless, so might as well just dump them off in the streets and let them die or something, who cares, right? No money from them, anyway.

One of my co-workers adopted a twelve year old Chinese girl two years ago. She was born with a double cleft palate and abandoned at age five. She never learned to read and had difficulty speaking due to the cleft palate. She's had a number of surgeries since then though and is adjusting well here. Though they had to keep her away from mobile phones for a while as she kept trying to call her friends back home.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
Experimenting to see if linking to Instagram works

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSBQEwUhyYF/

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
https://gfycat.com/NippyExcitableHornbill

Hole in da road.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Gotta give that second bus driver some credit. My first thought would not be better stop because a hole is gonna appear.

Go faster to really make the bus jump!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

GI_Clutch posted:

One of my co-workers adopted a twelve year old Chinese girl two years ago. She was born with a double cleft palate and abandoned at age five. She never learned to read and had difficulty speaking due to the cleft palate. She's had a number of surgeries since then though and is adjusting well here. Though they had to keep her away from mobile phones for a while as she kept trying to call her friends back home.

Is there something wrong with calling your friends back home?

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

BONGHITZ posted:

other than the fact that my brain won't let me imagine what mandarin sounds like with a double clef palate?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

BONGHITZ posted:

International calls can be fucktacularly expensive?

The Whoreax
Sep 7, 2008
I speak for the wood.

BONGHITZ posted:

On a mobile phone from the USA to China I imagine you'd quickly rack up charges.

KillingPablo
Apr 5, 2003

WHOO! I am DEFINITELY not afraid of the fucking POLICE right now!
So it's a fairly nice day in Beijing, especially after two days of cold rain, and I decide to take the opportunity to walk around the campus a bit. Along the way I happen upon a student wearing this:

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
It's a combination of religious symbols. Like "Coexist," but with East Asian ignorance and naivete mixed in.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

What I bought today. Am I reading this right?

2mm thick?

Edit:
Nevermind, that is the width/girth. I have no idea what the thickness of the condom actually is. The box doesn't say.

Haier fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 25, 2017

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HilyOLWzrM

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
52 mm with a margin of error of 2 mm, so 50 to 54.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

KillingPablo posted:

So it's a fairly nice day in Beijing, especially after two days of cold rain, and I decide to take the opportunity to walk around the campus a bit. Along the way I happen upon a student wearing this:

Actually this is even weirder than you think. It's the symbol of the Raelians: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ra%C3%ABlism

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Haier posted:

Hell yeah they believe it. You could pull the GBS meme of "I'm gay" in the middle of something and they'd believe it. The best I had was she was naked and on top of me, holding my junk, and I said I was very upset because we promised we would only talk to each other. I've passed on doing a lot of things by saying I was sick or had diarrhea (did not have), because it is so common here with everyone that nobody will question it due to Face or normal knowledge that everyone is puking or making GBS threads 90% of the time they eat food outside.

I do hope your prediction comes true. I enjoy having idiotic experiences to break the monotony (hence constantly getting into them, like some sort of Mr. Bean with a dating app).

1. I get privacy if I am chatting, since everyone will gawk at how totally different my Android is compared to theirs, or try to practice English by reading my screen.
3. The actual reason I rarely sit down on public transport - I don't have to waft in clouds of toxic poo poo breath that constantly plague me when being near these people. TCM states that you get fat from drinking too much water, and it is best for health to not have much anyway. The average is about 2-3 cups per day for most people here (even with those who exercise), and the halitosis is so extreme sometimes I want to vomit on the spot. It's sometimes so powerful that 1-2 meter distances don't disperse it. Dead-body Breath is also the main reason why I have dumped many a lady. Everyone complains of chronic headaches, and many times when I have asked people how much water they have had lately, it's like "I had a cup when I woke up (10 hours ago)," or "I drank some yesterday."

LMAO, what the gently caress? I like how nobody faces punishment for any of this. They are just going through the motions to make an outrage.
I remember reading in a book about China that back in the 90s when the Olympic committee came to Beijing to see if it would be able to host the Olympics, they designed a specific path that the cars would take, making sure that there was no way they could see outside what they wanted them to see. They built huge walls on the express roads to block the slums or villages that were there, and everywhere along the way they had police search all the villages to round up any disabled people and make them disappear (forever) because they were worried one might show up and be seen by the committee and they would lose the bid.

I hope you told one of them "suck my drat balls, op" at some point

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

ElGroucho posted:

I hope you told one of them "suck my drat balls, op" at some point
But how can I compete?

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Haier posted:

What I bought today. Am I reading this right?

2mm thick?

Edit:
Nevermind, that is the width/girth. I have no idea what the thickness of the condom actually is. The box doesn't say.

I thought you brought a big box of rubbers with you so you wouldn't have this issue?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Is nobody going to mention the 5 cm long condom?

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ElGroucho posted:

Is nobody going to mention the 5 cm long condom?

You mean "my monster condom for my magnum nong?"

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
At least Haier can cure any potential STD just by having some water

https://twitter.com/Tsinghua_sem/status/845654744123232256

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Haier posted:

But how can I compete?

Aint no hover hands there. Good on him.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Imperialist Dog posted:

At least Haier can cure any potential STD just by having some water

https://twitter.com/Tsinghua_sem/status/845654744123232256

This report comes from an Imperialist Dog. I do not trust it.

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

Haier posted:

But how can I compete?

Trump for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Haier posted:

Yeah, no callout or nothing; always get the feel off you that you're a good sort that way so I was just curious.

Old buddy of mine that was moved to Beijing mentioned the poo poo-breath too and that combined with the smog was why he got one of those high end masks to wear.

Haier posted:

Accountability sometimes feels like something mythical; it happens somewhere, but never in the place you're in. The S-Korean story is great btw because there's every chance that the poo poo is still ongoing, somewhere else because none of the people involved on any level give a drat about it.

Grand Fromage posted:

The disabled in China seem to me to be treated better than in South Korea, which is saying something.

You almost never see disabled people in SK since they're just locked up. At least here I've seen moms taking their adult children with some sort of obvious mental disorder or people in wheelchairs or whatever out and about.
Funny story; the only reason China is even halfway decent to the disabled is because Dengs kid Pufang tried to commit suicide during one of the periods when Deng was in the shitter and crippled himself. Then when Deng got the reins of power he used his guanxi for good by advocating for the disabled. Because he was Dengs kid the officials couldn't just brush him away like the did with the regular disabled; they had to pay attention.

So if the Red Guards hadn't brutally abused him, the disabled would have it even worse than they already do! What a world we live in

BONGHITZ posted:

Generally you want the kids to sever from their usually traumatic experiences in their old life and focus on making a new life where they are. Kids are usually resilient and adapt fairly fast, but that progress is retarded if they are too involved in their old life.

They should be making new friends and whatnot, goes the thinking. Later, its perfectly fine to reconnect but they should ideally first have gotten a solid base in their new home.

• Locked thread