Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Absolutely. I assume Hunt/Lewis is the main but it's hardly like they're going to need all five rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If you can't beat Joseph Benavidez you won't beat Mighty Mouse. I don't know why they're giving this kind of fight to Nguyen but maybe he was the only one who would accept the fight (featherweight is shook).

yeah, its still a decent jump up for him. hope he does well, but other than stopping a new prospects rise whats in it for joey b?

EmmyOk posted:

Could not agree more.

"Let's have Derrick Lewis against the no. 15 HW headline a show but bury top flyweights on the fightpass prelims"

ehhh hunts a kiwi even if he hates the place so it will help it sell

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No I mean when like two months ago derrick lewis fought against some dude no one knows as a headline.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

EmmyOk posted:

No I mean when like two months ago derrick lewis fought against some dude no one knows as a headline.

My assumption would be that they hoped that fight would have played out more like Browne vs Lewis, wherein Lewis savagely KOs a guy within 2 rounds.

Instead it was four brutally boring rounds until Lewis eventually got the guy on the ground and savagely knocked him out.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

threeagainstfour posted:

My assumption would be that they hoped that fight would have played out more like Browne vs Lewis, wherein Lewis savagely KOs a guy within 2 rounds.

Instead it was four brutally boring rounds until Lewis eventually got the guy on the ground and savagely knocked him out.

sick adverbs

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow, an engineer and a dad. Class act all the way when he knocked out a skateboarder in a car park.

lol

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Rockwood has had a grudge against werdum since strikeforce

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

New Zealand's card looks good, hunt / black beast, brunson / dad Kelly, Joe b / Ben 10

I don't know how to feel about Hunt/Lewis. I don't like the idea of possibly watching Hunt die in the octagon.
Like I'm sure it'll be a rad fight with a sweet finish but I'm concerned.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Wow, an engineer and a dad. Class act all the way when he knocked out a skateboarder in a car park.

'car park'? You're aussie?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nierbo posted:

'car park'? You're aussie?

Don't kinkshame.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Belgian Waffle posted:

I don't know how to feel about Hunt/Lewis. I don't like the idea of possibly watching Hunt die in the octagon.
Like I'm sure it'll be a rad fight with a sweet finish but I'm concerned.

he'll be fine ... he's a professional

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I'm tired of watching hunt lose!! Kick his rear end mark!! I just watched Teymur/Vannata and now I would like to see Teymur fight Yair, and then maybe the winner could fight barboza.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

https://streamable.com/yt9wa

Cain/Werdum was so much fun to watch. My favorite gassy heavyweight fight next to Krylov/Palelei

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I'm tired of watching hunt lose!! Kick his rear end mark!! I just watched Teymur/Vannata and now I would like to see Teymur fight Yair, and then maybe the winner could fight barboza.

Yair is in a lower weight class

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Queering Wheel posted:

https://streamable.com/yt9wa

Cain/Werdum was so much fun to watch. My favorite gassy heavyweight fight next to Krylov/Palelei

I should rewatch it. It's in a bad spot in my memory because watching live I was worried that Cain was going to literally die - his head was bobbling around so much and he was starting to do the drunken cross step.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Gay Horney posted:

sick adverbs

Says the guy with an AV of what shows up when you google "Old Timey Clarinet Playing rear end in a top hat."

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I like adverbs

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I don't want to overstate my case or anything but I have the best avatar on the forums and it's really not even close.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Yair is in a lower weight class

oh, my bad. I thought he wad fighting at lightweight. :sweatdrop:

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Matoi Ryuko posted:

oh, my bad. I thought he wad fighting at lightweight. :sweatdrop:

The wad fighting champion is at bantamweight

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

The wad fighting champion is at bantamweight

i bit my tongue, u see. ;-)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I don't know what wad fighting is, but I feel like I'd be good at it.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
You'd break a rib trying

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
please discuss Saad Awad and all Sad Wad fighting in the b league thread

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LobsterMobster posted:

please discuss Saad Awad and all Sad Wad fighting in the b league thread

An encyclopedic mic drop.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
JDS is the best.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Has it been that long?

Dom Cruz posted:

I'm gonna be busting all over your face

Cody Garbrandt posted:

I'll eat everything you got

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I guess someone left a hot mic near Conor's coattails:

Artem Lobov posted:

“Now that Conor is gone from the division, I’m the hardest hitter of the division by a long shot.”

quote:

“I’ll tell you one thing about Jose Aldo, if I was in his position I would have never accepted that belt,” Lobov told Submission Radio. “What? So they took the belt from the guy that knocked him out in 13 seconds. They took it off that guy and they handed him that belt and he just takes it and he’s happy and smiling on his face?

“Like, what kind of pussy do you have to be to take that? No way in hell would I ever accept that belt. I would say, ‘give me that guy again. I want to fight him, and if he’s not in the division anymore, well then f—k that, I don’t want that belt. Let the other two fight for the belt and then I’ll fight the winner and I’ll earn that belt’. Because now he’s holding a belt that Conor got off him in 13 seconds and he’ll never be able to get rid of that stain,” he continued.

“Even if he beats now Max Holloway, he’ll still be holding that same belt. So how are you as a man, as a fighter that respects himself, accept that belt? I would have never done it in my life. I don’t know why he f—king done it.”

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nierbo posted:

JDS is the best.

:kimchi:

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
their first fight was really good

not totally sure how i feel about it. jds has a length, chin and boxing skill combo that makes him a bad match up for stipe i think but stipe was competitive the first time and could adjust

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
i like derrick lewis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Se0dv0AyJM

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

lol

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Super cut for the ages

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Every jon jones takedown:

https://streamable.com/bhyon

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Good poo poo

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

5 years of sick rear end suplexes and judo poo poo & then showing off how much weight he can lift against osp lol.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

missing the epic o-smashi-chevy he had against victoria sonnenberg

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

5 years of sick rear end suplexes and judo poo poo & then showing off how much weight he can lift against osp lol.

jon jones to DC: i'm back and ready to throw fat dudes

LobsterMobster posted:

missing the epic o-smashi-chevy he had against victoria sonnenberg

*a bunch of jon jones takedowns

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lateral drops, insanely tricky trips, perfect technique....oh, it's OSP this time? I dunno, just grab him however you want and he'll go down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

red19fire posted:

I guess someone left a hot mic near Conor's coattails:

He's not wrong. In the second quote obviously

• Locked thread