Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, I think I could run drat near 4 full Holy teams right now lol, this game throws holy SBs around like candy.

I somehow ended up with a ton of wind relics too, but aside from that and Dark I don't have a whole lot of options for most other elements.
You say this, but I've been around quite a while and don't have a single holy sword :v: The sum total of my holy offense: Selphie BSB, and Hope BSB1 that I just pulled in the enelement draw two days ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

You say this, but I've been around quite a while and don't have a single holy sword :v: The sum total of my holy offense: Selphie BSB, and Hope BSB1 that I just pulled in the enelement draw two days ago.

I have more holy SB than any other element. Quite possibly twice as many as I have of most elements. Lightning is the only other type that comes close.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Jesus, I would happily trade you some. I've got 12 (!) Holy SBs, 3 weapons that boost Holy damage, 3 En-Holys, and 2 Imperil Holys. poo poo's crazy.

I've got almost as much wind gear, too.

edit: And I've only been playing for like 6 months. It was funny for a while but now I find myself desperately hoping for something, anything, that is not holy or wind-based (though I'll happily make an exception for TG Cid). I just want some decent coverage in the other elements. I can run a physical dark team, but any other element would require a pretty janky hybrid team. Not that I've ever really needed to run a team like that, but it would be nice to have the option just to speed up some of the spongier fights.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 25, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Jesus, I would happily trade you some. I've got 12 (!) Holy SBs, 3 weapons that boost Holy damage, 3 En-Holys, and 2 Imperil Holys. poo poo's crazy.

I've got almost as much wind gear, too.

edit: And I've only been playing for like 6 months. It was funny for a while but now I find myself desperately hoping for something, anything, that is not holy or wind-based (though I'll happily make an exception for TG Cid). I just want some decent coverage in the other elements. I can run a physical dark team, but any other element would require a pretty janky hybrid team. Not that I've ever really needed to run a team like that, but it would be nice to have the option just to speed up some of the spongier fights.
I started around Christmas 2015. I'm pretty sure my best elemental SB and elemental+ gear combo was Golbez' 2 hit + sap, which came on it's own +dark armor, until... October 20th last year, when I picked up Firion and Leon BSBs. Like 2 weeks after this thread started, actually.

EDIT: I had 2 Excaliburs and a +holy shield by that point

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I had to go farther back than I thought to see the list of the upcoming banners, so here they are, for reference.
I may pull twice on Banner 2. I know that whole " Dont chase a single item" but I really want Quistis BSB.
I already have Selphies Magic Blink SSB on that banner, so watch me get dupes.

Hogama posted:

Banner 1:
Tyro USB
Sephiroth OSB
Onion Knight OSB
Kain BSB
Vaan BSB
Maria BSB
Braska SSB (MAG +30%, Quick Cast 3 and High Regen)
Arc SSB (Instant Curaga Medica + Physical Blink)
Edge SSB (Hastega, Last Stand + Physical Blink)
Sephiroth SSB (10x Dark/NE physical ST + EnDark)

Banner 2:
Faris USB
Tidus OSB
Shantotto BSB
Quistis BSB
Yuna BSB2
Krile BSB
Minfilia SSB (+50% ATK + Last Stand)
Selphie SSB (Curaga Medica + Magical Blink)
Exdeath SSB (6x Dark/NE magical ST, +30% MAG/MND to party)
Zell SSB (8x random NE physical ST, +30% ATK/DEF/RES to self)

Banner 3:
Bartz OSB
Gilgamesh OSB
Cid Raines BSB
Golbez BSB
Refia BSB
Relm BSB
Sabin SSB (40% Max HP medica, +100% DEF and Esuna to party)
Noel SSB (6x NE physical ST, 100% Stun, Instant Cast 2 to user)
Krile SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + High Regen)
Laguna SSB (6x NE physical ranged ST, +50% ATK to party)

Banner 4:
Agrias OSB
Ashe OSB
TG Cid OSB
Agrias BSB
Eiko BSB
Alphinaud BSB
Yuna SSB (Curaga Medica + 2000 HP Stock)
Ramza SSB (Stoneskin: 30%, +50% Critical Damage to party)
Alphinaud SSB (+30% ATK/MAG + Radiant Shield to party)
Onion Knight SSB (5x NE magical AOE, 40% Max HP medica to party)

Banner 5:
Eiko USB
Zidane OSB
Garnet BSB
Vanille BSB
Luneth BSB
Jecht BSB
Y'shtola SSB (Protectga, Shellga + High Regen to party)
Garland SSB (5x Dark/NE physical AOE, -50% ATK/DEF to enemies)
Papalymo SSB (+30% MAG, Hastega + Quick Magical Cast 3 to party)
Cid Highwind SSB (+50% ATK + Hastega to party)

pichupal posted:

JP Superfest Banners were announced, and with 14 items on the banner that's 1% each. Maybe, but JP will know for sure since they show banner rates now.

Banners are structured 2 LCSB/2 USB/6 BSB/2 LM Relics/2 SSB

Anyways a quick summary and intro of new items:

~~~

Fire/Earth Banner
Locke LCSB - 11 hit Single Target Fire, Activate Fire Limit Chain, DEF/RES -50%
Ingus LCSB - 11 hit Single Target Earth, activate earth Limit Chain, Party Last Stand
Galuf USB - ATK/MAG +30%, Haste, En-earth

Yda USB
Guy BSB - 6 hit AoE Earth/Non, Imperil Earth. (Commands are Cloud BSB2 but Earth)
Locke BSB
Ingus BSB
Yda BSB
Tifa BSB
Sabin BSB
Locke LM - Start with Enfire
Ingus LM - Damage reduction with shield equipped

Prishe SSB
Sabin SSB2 (The Medica one)

Wind/Water Banner

Zack LCSB
Tidus LCSB (Now adds Quick Cast 2 to the Party, previously had no bonus effect. I don't think this was added the day they upgraded Shantotto and WoL, but maybe I never noticed???)
Eiko USB
:siren:Rikku USB:siren:
Zack BSB
Tidus BSB
Meia BSB
Emperor BSB
Rikku BSB
Zidane BSB2
Zack LM - Chance of following up Celerity school attacks with 1-hit physical wind attack
Tidus LM
Meia SSB
Fujin SSB

Ice/Lightning Banner
Rinoa LCSB
Shantotto LCSB
Fran USB
Tyro USB
Snow BSB - Onion BSB with Ice/Non commands(1: 4/5 hit single target if hitting weakness; 2: 2 Aoe hits, DEF +50%)
Rinoa BSB2
Lightning BSB2
Garnet BSB2
Edea BSB
Desch BSB
Tyro LM - Instant Cast 2 at Start of Battle
Rinoa LM
Laguna SSB
Desch SSB

~~~

edit:
Locke's Limit Chain is weird considering the Magicite Dungeons have high Break resistance but whatever. Galuf's USB trades the Burst Mode on Onion/Snow for Enearth, which is a horrible trade even before considering Galuf's limited Earth ability options. Don't care much about LM's but Locke's is fine.

Not much to say about banner 2 except Cloud USB is never coming back. Banner 3 is also nice. Snow has the Onion BSB clone which is sorta surprising, and Tyro's LM is nice. Almost everyone who isn't new has a Tyro relic so it's probably the only LM I don't mind being on a banner.

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 25, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Cloud's USB looks friggin' insane but I think I'm just going to RW it and let other people chase it because I know I'll end up mad at a video game otherwise.

edit: v- Oh, well that works perfectly, then. I'm sure I'll throw a pull at it because yeah, Seph's BSB would be awesome and I certainly wouldn't say no to the USB if I pulled it, but every time I've tried to chase a relic, it's ended poorly.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Mar 25, 2017

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Eh, Cloud's USB really is best when it's a RW. It's much, much more limiting to have it natively. Sephiroth's BSB2 on that banner is really good, though.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
People were mentioning Faris USB as not being great earlier. It seems pretty good to me, but is there something I'm missing? Aoe pentabreak on a dancer seems pretty good.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I will continue to hoard mythril until 2018 when balthier gets a better bsb/a usb/whatever

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

wizard on a water slide posted:

I will continue to hoard mythril until 2018 the heat death of the universe when balthier gets a better bsb/a usb/whatever

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

HPanda posted:

People were mentioning Faris USB as not being great earlier. It seems pretty good to me, but is there something I'm missing? Aoe pentabreak on a dancer seems pretty good.

Mostly, it's on probably the second-worst banner out of the set. Granted, in this spread, "worst banner" is still good, it's just only good when its contemporaries are amazing.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

2/11 on my free draw

Excalibur VI (Dupe)
Healers Circlet

Now I have both the best healer BSBs, also more +holy damage because apparently I can not have enough of that.

8/44 and 50% dupes.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Free pull gets me... Excalibur (IV).

Mehhhh. I was hoping for Shout (still don't have that), Indomitable Blade, or even one of the other OSBs... anything but Excalibur and Wizer Rod.

My pulls have just been pretty trash lately.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Hell yeah, free pull got me a dupe Wizer Rod (booo) but also...Onion Gauntlets! At long last.

Still kinda want to pull again but man this is tough now, because that was one the items I wanted most.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
3/11

Excalibur IV
Plat sword (haha finally get this thing, now that I run a dark mage team)
and Onion Sword

2nd pull got me....
A dupe Excalibur IV

and Lightnings OSB Gladius.

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Mar 25, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I hate the Onion Sword. (1/11)

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Free pull: Gladius
Second pull: Punishment, Wizer Rod, Excalibur VI

No dupes, and I went from zero 6* relics to two, but man the gacha really doesn't want me to have Shout or Vessel of Fate natively. Guess I'm still pulling on Cloud of Darkness 2, hopefully I don't get Onion Armor or White Mage Robe tomorrow.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

2/11 and they're both of the loving OK relics.

Well, at lest I have a native shout now.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 25, 2017

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Woke up in the middle of the night and lo and behold, the 2nd Anniversary banner is up! I got Lightning's OSB on the dollar pull, which is pretty great, and then two platinum swords (dupes) on the free pull aaand Celes' Excalibur!!!!
I've wanted Runic for a while, so I'm pumped as heck. That's it for this banner, though, now half of it is dupes.

Are there any bosses I can currently chump with Runic?!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Hnngh do I pull again for a shot at Indomitable Blade? I don't think my luck is that good and there are 5 dupes on there for me now. I feel like the math is pretty bad on that, but it's still a bit tempting.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 25, 2017

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Hm!

Free Pull: I got Cecil's BSB and two Celes' SSBS. Not bad.

100 gem ... get me a Ragnarok dupe. Woah.

Paid Pull 1 gets me Shout. Ehhhhhn awesome!

Paid 2 get me Aerith's BSB and Onion Sword.

Of COURSE I get about everything BUT the thing I really wanted! I wanted Yshtola's BSB, ahaha. Should I keep pulling? I'd basically be trying for the OSBs and Healer's Circlet.

Cosmic Afro fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 25, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Free pull: Squall OSB (my first OSB!) and Pecil's janky-rear end BSB.

Second pull because Y'shtola's Asylum is on this banner and imma be an idiot and chase it: TWO Onion Swords and Indomitable Blade.

Celes is best so I'm not mad :frogc00l:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I want to pull again because I still only have 2 dupes, but... the only thing I'd be really excited to get is shout, and I have Cid's copy if I really need it native. I'd like Terra's OSB just to make her a goddess of Fire but meh.

Maybe I'll do a pull on FF6 banner 2 and try and get more nice things for Celes

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Free pull got me Blood Sword and a dupe Platinum Sword.

2nd pull got me Gladius and yet another dupe Platinum Sword.

Love the OSBs. gently caress yeah.

Hnngh do I pull again for a shot at Indomitable Blade? I don't think my luck is that good and there are 5 dupes on there for me now. I feel like the math is pretty bad on that, but it's still a bit tempting.

This is exactly where I'm at right now. The temptation is strong because I really want Runic but ugh it's hard to justify with 5 dupes.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

U-DO Burger posted:

This is exactly where I'm at right now. The temptation is strong because I really want Runic but ugh it's hard to justify with 5 dupes.

I am also in this situation, the only relic I dont have that's not OSB is loving Y'shtola -- AND that was THE ONE I wanted the most, damnit! How's Aerith's BSB?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Well I figured I'd do a paid pull for this banner because damnit, I want that Platinum Sword.

2/11 AND I GET THE EXACT SAME GODDAMN THINGS FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, I ended up pulling a third time and got Exacilbur VI and Squalls OSB>

Ug, I really need to sit down and set up those Google doc excel sheets yall were linking before. I got so much new poo poo, Im a little overwhelmed at my options.

I still plan on pulling twice on Banner two, and I'll need to save SOME mythril for the FF8 event, but really, thats far enough away that i'd have enough for a couple pulls by then anyhow.

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Mar 25, 2017

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
Free Pull: 1/11 Onion Knight Sword. That's okay, I guess.
2nd Pull: 1/11 Onion Knight Sword. :smith:
3rd Pull: 3/11 Onion Knight BSB, Celes Excalibur, Y'shtola BSB :toot:

All of these were virtually free, so I don't even feel bad about the first two pulls. The third one more than made up for it.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Belgian Waffle posted:

Free Pull: 1/11 Onion Knight Sword. That's okay, I guess.
2nd Pull: 1/11 Onion Knight Sword. :smith:
3rd Pull: 3/11 Onion Knight BSB, Celes Excalibur, Y'shtola BSB :toot:

All of these were virtually free, so I don't even feel bad about the first two pulls. The third one more than made up for it.

All aboard the Onion Boat.

gently caress it, I'm pulling again and if I get another 2/11 with OK's relic's I'm uninstalling this poo poo.

e1: 2/11 and one's a disco ball, so at least it's something different.

e2: Terra's OSB. Oh, and a third Onion Sword because this game just wants to rub my face in it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Decides, why not, go for another shot at Shout or Vessel of Fate.

Excalibur (VI), and two Wizer Rods.

Yeah, I'm done. This game is determined for me not to get a Faithga/Boostga + Hastega. My last copy of one of those was Lenna's ancient Flames of War.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

1/11 Blood Sword. As someone who already had OK BSB, Shout, and Terra's enfire SSB, this is probably the best 1/11 draw for me.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Squall OSB and a dupe Platinum Sword. A month ago I thought I'd never have native Shout.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Dumped 100 mythril into Player's Choice because yolo, I'm sick of not rolling; end result, counting the freebie...

2x Pecil Excalibur (my physical FF4 synergy is poo poo so this is fine and I'm not combining them)
2x Cloud Ragnarok (combined bc of my 7 synergy, so I now have like a 200 attack power weapon)
1x Blood Sword (completes my Terra)
1x Onion Gauntlets
1x Indomitable Blade (first runic)

Feelin fat and fancy free

Also now that I have a good reason to use OK, I figured out what Tyro's OSB book is for: being a godlike statstick for OK. It's like 160 Atk/Mag on the same item!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

U-DO Burger posted:

It's tough because her next banner has the BSB with runic, which is apparently just a straight upgrade, but that feels so far away and of course there's also no guarantee of pulling it. There's also Runic Blade on the VI Banner 2 coming tomorrow, but that's strictly worse than Indomitable Blade.

But man, of this banner, I've got Cloud's OSB, Onion Knight, Aerith, and Minfilia's BSBs, and Ramza's SSB, which means the only things left are two duds (Pecil's BSB and OK's SSB), Indomitable Blade, and the OSBs, which I wouldn't mind drawing. Those seem like incredibly bad odds.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again

Grats to me, the proud owner of a loving 7* Onion Sword.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
So after the freebie pull, I did a thing:

Sorry to all non-Shout havers. The secret is to mention the thing in a post earlier in the day, I guess, because this is seriously a thing that keeps happening to me.

I also got Cloud's OSB, so not bad for a free pull. No way in hell am I pulling again, though, as I have way too many dupes on this banner now.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This dupe Platinum Sword is arguably better used as a rosetta stone for me. I already have like five other, better FFT swords. Which ironically all came from chasing a Platinum Sword.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

HPanda posted:

So after the freebie pull, I did a thing:

Sorry to all non-Shout havers. The secret is to mention the thing in a post earlier in the day, I guess, because this is seriously a thing that keeps happening to me.

I also got Cloud's OSB, so not bad for a free pull. No way in hell am I pulling again, though, as I have way too many dupes on this banner now.

Now that you say that's the secret... I said I was going to get Kain's BSB dupe, and did... I said I'd get more holy damage because I had a ton, and did.

I think the secret is to say something bad is going to happen. Phrase your hopeful draws as part of an otherwise bad thing happening to you, and you might pull.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I have no dupes and I must pull

1/11 Onion Knight BSB

I have enough for three pulls. I have no other dupes on this banner. I feel like a second pull is warranted, and then I'll still have two more for regular anniversary banners.

Edit:

Second pull

1/11 Ramza Shout

drat lovely luck but I got the two things I most needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Anyways:

Free Pull: 1/11 Onion Sword
11 pull: 3/11 Lightning OSB, Pecil BSB, Onion Sword.

I've got all my least wanted items on this Banner other then a dupe of the Platinum Sword. Technically no dupes other then the second Onion Sword which is nice, but still a little sad.

Hoping the Banners go better.

• Locked thread