Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

BONGHITZ posted:

would this be a big deal if jontron wasn't so loving fat?

Would you put more 5% of "pro lifers" in the "fuckable" category?

Same question for white supremacists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pc lithman
Oct 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
lovely wizard: "I HAVE VERY STRONG OPINIONS ABOUT FEMALE GENITAL MUTILATION!"

* has anime pedo loli avatar *

hmmm

pc lithman
Oct 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
neonazi: "WHITE POWER!" * burns down church full of blacks *

goons, several: "hmm yes hes allowed to do that, freedom of speech"

black dude: "lol white people, mayonnaise!"

goons, several (same): "heh seems like racism against whites exist, checkmate niggers."

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Anybody remember that war (world war 2) where black people were asked to fight in a war for freedoms they did not enjoy and would not enjoy when they returned for decades longer?

That's kinda what you guys are asking me to do with bigots except instead of going to war preparing to die in battle, one day one of those bigots is gonna knife me 50 times, and in the meantime roadblock me every chance they get leading up to that moment

White Rock
Jul 14, 2007
Creativity flows in the bored and the angry!

Aesop Poprock posted:

I don't know why people continue to act like her getting fired was some weird and cruel decision. She was a PR rep who had her personal account linked directly to her professional account. That's like acting bewildered that a health inspector got fired for dipping his balls in the soup at PaneraI've

She was featured in "so you've been publicly shamed. Her life got destroyed, all the while tens of thousands of people cheering for her destruction. Her name is forever linked to that incident, with most avenues closed off. And for what? A lovely joke intended for one of her 170 followers?

I think hailing all Twitter mob justice as a great thing is a careless move. An anonymous mob passes judgement, effectively making you for the rest of your life. Is that something to applaud? Is that an instrument of justice?

"So you've been publically shamed posted:

Her destruction was justified, Sam Biddle was saying, because Justine was a racist, and because attacking her was punching up. They were cutting down a member of the media elite, continuing the civil rights tradition that started with Rosa Parks, the hitherto silenced underdogs shaming into submission the powerful racist. But I didn’t think any of those things was true. If punching Justine Sacco was ever punching up - and it didn’t seem so to me, given that she was an unknown PR woman with 170 Twitter followers - the punching only intensified as she plummeted to the ground.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tonetta posted:

I was "let go" for being trans you autist

Maybe you should sue

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Maybe you should sue

Not every state offers legal protections based on gender identity, or sexual orientation

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Maybe you should sue

Maybe the racist PR idiots should blame capitalism instead of those durned minorities.

Gnoll Pie
Jun 17, 2005

Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!

Tonetta posted:

Anybody remember that war (world war 2) where black people were asked to fight in a war for freedoms they did not enjoy and would not enjoy when they returned for decades longer?

That's kinda what you guys are asking me to do with bigots except instead of going to war preparing to die in battle, one day one of those bigots is gonna knife me 50 times, and in the meantime roadblock me every chance they get leading up to that moment

You're comparing yourself to people who actually fought in ww2??! That's kind of narcissistic. Also black people at the time didn't get to have sweet six figure salary tech jobs.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I don't think there are two people in this thread who are talking about the same thing.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

steinrokkan posted:

I don't think there are two people in this thread who are talking about the same thing.

Welcome to the internet. That's how people argue on the internet.

This is why debates are a worthless waste of time. On the internet, people come to more and more wildly diverging opinions because they can literally construct their own ideological world. Everything is either ruthlessly depoliticized or totally politicized. The internet didn't bring us together- it put us all in our own little worlds.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

Welcome to the internet. That's how people argue on the internet.

This is why debates are a worthless waste of time. On the internet, people come to more and more wildly diverging opinions because they can literally construct their own ideological world. Everything is either ruthlessly depoliticized or totally politicized. The internet didn't bring us together- it put us all in our own little worlds.

Guess war is the only answer

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

Gnoll Pie posted:

You're comparing yourself to people who actually fought in ww2??! That's kind of narcissistic. Also black people at the time didn't get to have sweet six figure salary tech jobs.

I was comparing the concept and intentionally omitted the war part you fuckwit but if you really want to go there the odds of dying as an american soldier In ww2 is 1:56 and the chances of being murdered as trans is 1:12

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah but stone cold won the championship in 3:16 so odds are pretty good

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

The thing about debates is that no one who is open to changing their opinion watches them. Instead, people of a particular ideology go to watch their guy debate and then pretty much consider them the winner. Nothing changes.

If I were just an uninterested observer, why the gently caress would i waste my time watching a debate.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

The thing about debates is that no one who is open to changing their opinion watches them. Instead, people of a particular ideology go to watch their guy debate and then pretty much consider them the winner. Nothing changes.

If I were just an uninterested observer, why the gently caress would i waste my time watching a debate.

Worse still, even those who may have an open mind to the debate find themselves lacking a lot of crucial information about the important issues being debated. Now most people rely on television news, which by its very nature must condense information into a few densely-packed seconds of simple exposition, and this process has never been ideal for presenting any issue in any level of depth.

As newspapers have taken a backseat to relevance, people rely on online news to try and fill in that information void, where they are easy targets for the massive, massive, massive network of disinformation, misinformation, and propaganda posing as news that currently circulates the web.

Having been excreted by an education system that has crippled their ability to think, with plenty of subtle propaganda sprinkled therein, the average American is basically taught a lie, and goes out into a world that they think is one way, but it the other way.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
There's people that legit feels bad for racists for being fired for being racist.

Lol

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Maybe don't be racist?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tired Moritz posted:

There's people that legit feels bad for gays for being fired for being gay.

Lol

Tired Moritz posted:

Maybe don't be gay?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Haha holy poo poo dis guy just equated being gay with being racist haha what in tarnation?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I did't know being gay is the same thing as being racist. Yikes.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1FrqwZyKw

But for racism, lmao.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Tired Moritz posted:

I did't know being gay is the same thing as being racist. Yikes.

Tbf I know a lot of gay guys who are pretty racist.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
See: 70% of republican congressmen.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Same tbh. I shame their racist rear end, not the fact that they love dick.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tired Moritz posted:

Same tbh. I shame their racist rear end, not the fact that they love dick.

Why haven't they been fired?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm not that powerful :(

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol at how hosed up it is that our nation's lawmakers are racist as poo poo yet never get fired but some blue collar shlub who never had the educational opportunity to learn better (thanks to said lawmakers) gets fired from his job at the oatmeal factory because he tweeted a statistic about Black on Black crime that he heard on Fox news the night before.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol poors get owned again haha

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lol poors get owned again haha

Haha serves them right for being racist I guess.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Applewhite posted:

lol at how hosed up it is that our nation's lawmakers are racist as poo poo yet never get fired but some blue collar shlub who never had the educational opportunity to learn better (thanks to said lawmakers) gets fired from his job at the oatmeal factory because he tweeted a statistic about Black on Black crime that he heard on Fox news the night before.

Nice hypo.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Aside from the oatmeal factory nothing in my statement was hypothetical.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Whoa, yikes, dang. Yikes! Wow whoa, yeesh, wow,. Yikes! Dis thread

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

Racism should be punishable. Stop being racist, it's not something to sugarcoat.

Define racism for us.

Also, what will be the punishment?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Applewhite posted:

lol at how hosed up it is that our nation's lawmakers are racist as poo poo yet never get fired

Uhhh, Democrats lost big in this most recent election. :smuggo:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

Define racism for us.

Also, what will be the punishment?

Lol

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Jontron played himself, but in a larger sense, he played us all. Goddamn.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

I genuinely believe that anybody who has a confederate flag and has ever unironically said "the south will rise again" deserves the fate of minimum wage slave labor, at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
alt right more alt spite

• Locked thread