Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
:henget:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

gay picnic defence posted:

it's not like the returning players spent their entire time out of the game sitting on their arses either, they all trained hard and came back with excellent fitness

it was a bit like a 12 month preseason

There's a big difference between training fitness and match fitness though, and I'm still thinking we'll see that play out in the season.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Solemn Sloth posted:

I love that Ty never gives up finding on new dumb ways to gently caress up. Is Fitz still on your list? They'd make a great duo.
Yeah we picked Fitz back up. But we already had Schoenmakers so there's really a few too many spuds in the team at the moment.

I dunno, the kicking for goal was generally just terrible, all those sprayed shots :gonk:. Maybe we can do better in weeks to come, but it's not an auspicious start and that sort of performance had the definite feel of "anywhere from 7 to 13 wins, finals, maybe" on the basis of a bunch of "brave" wins and dumb losses.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Like Richmond must pissing themselves laughing we took Vickery off their hands.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

To be clear I am really hating Vickery wearing a Hawthorn jumper.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
At least Vickery tried hard which can't be said for too many other players. He missed two easy shots, but wasn't alone in that. That ruck infringement was painfully stupid but I thought he was pretty good.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

There's a big difference between training fitness and match fitness though, and I'm still thinking we'll see that play out in the season.

blokes tend to come back ok fitness-wise after taking a year off with an ACL, I doubt the returning players will be any worse off than that

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Potentially gigantic comeback in the works, Lynch has just put the Suns back within 8

e: 2 Points :stare:

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
lynch :allears:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
That Hall goal *chefs kiss*

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Gold Coast kicked 6.4 between Brisbane's two most recent scores.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Tom Lynch is good.

E: At marking. Not kicking.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

What a weird loving saturday

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Rocket firming as the first coach to be out of a job

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

Testekill posted:

Today was pretty hosed up footywise; what next, Essendon and Brisbane winning?

Well then.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
after quarter time st kilda had 70 effective kicks for the rest of the game, the dees had 163

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Tomorrows tips:

North d West Coast.
Crows d GWS.
Freo d Geelong.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm glad the brions managed to hold on

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

You never loving know with North, Adelaide and the G-Dubs will be close, Geelong should win but then again Fremantle might come out like 2016 never happened. They have two Hills now.

Not a bad week to forget your tips and cop the away teams, 5/6 so far. (I've got 3/6 and will count myself lucky to get to 5.)

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Testekill posted:

Today was pretty hosed up footywise; what next, Essendon and Brisbane winning?

:negative:

I'm a monster

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Clayton Oliver owns so much, he does like matrix time warping poo poo to fire off his quick handballs. Kid isn't even 20 yet either.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

realbez posted:

It's a rebuild boys!

they're a bit hard without any draft picks

maybe they can trade out a few more legends of the game for 5th round picks and start from there

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Windmill Hut posted:

Clayton Oliver owns so much, he does like matrix time warping poo poo to fire off his quick handballs. Kid isn't even 20 yet either.

Parish is pretty good but I'm still a bit annoyed we didn't choose Oliver instead

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

gay picnic defence posted:

they're a bit hard without any draft picks

maybe they can trade out a few more legends of the game for 5th round picks and start from there

We don't need draft picks. It's be good again in two or three years or bottom out forever

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wow, got nothing in tips today.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Actually tipped Brisbane!

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I'm so happy that the Crows girls won the AFLW premiership :3:

I love you Bec Goddard, and Randall and Phillips are amazing, and I still have the world's biggest crush on Sarah Perkins :swoon:

Now I just need the Crows to win tomorrow (I'll be there!) and it'll be a perfect footy weekend!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Can someone who watched the game explain the Ess vs. Haw result to me??? I get that all the drug dudes returned but still...

Did they suffer from the absence of Lewis and Mitchell?

snoremac fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 25, 2017

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I'm scared because Richmond's win has reignited my hopes of Richmond becoming good. I realize it was a win against a crappy team but the feeling is there and I can't turn it off and it never ends well.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

cmndstab posted:

I'm so happy that the Crows girls won the AFLW premiership :3:

I love you Bec Goddard, and Randall and Phillips are amazing, and I still have the world's biggest crush on Sarah Perkins :swoon:

Now I just need the Crows to win tomorrow (I'll be there!) and it'll be a perfect footy weekend!

Tbh it's really lovely timing, because the girls deserve a reception at the next home game, but they'll still be in Queensland tomorrow, and we have two away games in a row after that, and some of the oomph will be gone by then.

Still, even if we lose tomorrow we had this today

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

NTRabbit posted:

Tbh it's really lovely timing, because the girls deserve a reception at the next home game, but they'll still be in Queensland tomorrow, and we have two away games in a row after that, and some of the oomph will be gone by then.

Still, even if we lose tomorrow we had this today

Huh, I was sure I'd seen somewhere that if you rock up to the game early you get to welcome the AFLW premiers.

Here it is https://twitter.com/Adelaide_FC/status/845561630544936960

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

snoremac posted:

Can someone who watched the game explain the Ess vs. Haw result to me??? I get that all the drug dudes returned but still...

Did they suffer from the absence of Lewis and Mitchell?

Hawks bad. Bombers beat.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

Huh, I was sure I'd seen somewhere that if you rock up to the game early you get to welcome the AFLW premiers.

Oh they will? Sweet, I figured they'd be on an afternoon flight back

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Pretty sure i have literally 0 correct tips at the moment, since Carlton was my only upset pick this round. I guess bottom of the tipping comp is something to aim for now?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Weird Sandwich posted:

Pretty sure i have literally 0 correct tips at the moment, since Carlton was my only upset pick this round. I guess bottom of the tipping comp is something to aim for now?

the Dogs?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Weird Sandwich posted:

Play it like golf, aim for the lowest possible score

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Ty Vickery is legit one of the dumbest footballers of his generation

https://twitter.com/afl/status/845559374877679618

Actually it just further highlights how stupid the new rule is. Second ruckman gets there slightly late and suddenly he's not allowed to compete.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Chairchucker posted:

I had heard so too, I was hoping to get there early to see them but it will depend a bit because I'm meeting up with my parents to go so I'll be on their schedule.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Largepotato posted:

Actually it just further highlights how stupid the new rule is. Second ruckman gets there slightly late and suddenly he's not allowed to compete.

It's an idiotic rule. Pretty much any rule that requires players to specify what they're going to do in advance and then not react to what actually happens is a stupid rule.

It'd be like having forwards nominate who is going to fly for the mark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It happened twice in the AFLW grand final two, both times nobody from Brisbane nominated, but rather than give away the free they just stood back, let it be uncontested, and worked the stoppage.

• Locked thread