Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

He saw far.

NickRoweFillea posted:

cool farsight man

Thank you my friends. He's so gosh darn fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

So Devin Booker did WHAT THE gently caress???

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dokmo posted:

Papagiannis has only dunked four times out of 36 attempts and leads the league in putting up the weakest poo poo imaginable around the rim*, so I'm gonna call it: I was wrong about him.

* possibly related to the fact that the team literally has no one who knows how to throw a lob.

Does dunking on 3 defenders count for triple?
http://www.nba.com/kings/blog/papagiannis-dunks-three-defenders/

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

wrong!!!! is lie!!!!

extremely disappointed i didnt get to post this first

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

extremely disappointed i didnt get to post this first

in nba 2016? no is soft

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Lol, did anyone see one of these ads?

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/basketball-fans-treated-to-ads-congratulating-republica-1793629526

quote:

Basketball Fans Treated To Ads Congratulating Republicans For Repealing Obamacare

Timothy Burke
Yesterday 9:52pmFiled to: TV IS LYING TO YOU

Basketball fans tonight in several Republican-adjacent TV markets are enjoying a series of ads, prematurely bought by the American Action Network PAC, inviting viewers to call their representatives to thank them for repealing Obamacare today—something that did not happen.

Above you see an ad praising Virginia’s Barbara Comstock; it ran during the Wizards-Nets game. Below are ads for Fresno’s David Valadao and Des Moines’s David Young; both ran on CBS stations before March Madness coverage. Money well-spent, we think.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Devin Booker! HOLY poo poo! PIIIIISSSSSSS!!!!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Did not see this coming.

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/845515577468817408

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

and with that he's gone from basically my favorite knick right now to my favorite knick right now

if you're too hurt to play, smoke weed every day

although he's in NYC so it was probably coke eh whatever

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Here's 70 points in an NBA game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeZEmaX4cEE

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

EvanTH posted:

and with that he's gone from basically my favorite knick right now to my favorite knick right now

if you're too hurt to play, smoke weed every day

although he's in NYC so it was probably coke eh whatever

Says it's an "over the counter" supplicant. They're usually a lot easier on weed.

Might have been a tainted supplement thing. It's an excuse all the time for test failures in MMA, at least. Or they roid up and and when they get caught find a tainted supplement to blame it on. One of the two.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What if Stan Van Gundy fired himself as coach and hired his brother, Jeff Van Gundy

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The video description is somehow even more entertaining than the actual video.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

I've been watching John Antetokounmpo lately (I am Greek, so it is natural), and his latest steal and dunk in the Hawks game was pretty cool (travelling notwithstanding).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kncCERoVhbU

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 25, 2017

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Remember when Derek Fisher signed a $25 million coaching contract for five years and was fired after a year and a half? Because I completely forgot this happened.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Spotted on my morning walk to the bodega:

The world's last Dajuan Wagner (and Karl Malone (??)) fan

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

What if Stan Van Gundy fired himself as coach and hired his brother, Jeff Van Gundy

Is there a rule against having two head coaches?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/iamvega1982/status/845429742325108736

Cam Payne raising that team moral.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

I feel like the Dallas Cowboys have had two head coaches at once before

dokmo posted:

Remember when Derek Fisher signed a $25 million coaching contract for five years and was fired after a year and a half? Because I completely forgot this happened.

Fired for not running the triangle and blowing their lottery odds by playing decent pnr basketball

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Skalifornia Love almost put up a triple double against the warriors

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Henchman of Santa posted:

There's certainly no rule against a coach with two heads. Let's get the Van Gundy's some siamese surgery so Laurel and Hardy can finally become the same man. Laurdy Laurdy that Detroit guy can coach

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
JR Smith's daughter is still alive which is pretty remarkable

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Wait Isaiah Thomas is pissed the Suns kept feeding Booker the ball so he could score?

IT is officially an enemy of fun.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
http://imgur.com/a/FCng8

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Giving the ball to your best player so they can score is pretty rude IMO.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Devin Booker is boring and bad and has terrible style

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Drunk Canuck posted:

Wait Isaiah Thomas is pissed the Suns kept feeding Booker the ball so he could score?

IT is officially an enemy of fun.

It wasn't just a last Kobe game level of passing to him every time, they kept fouling to extend the game so he could get more points, even though they were obviously losing. IT is just upset because he's having visions of John Wall and Bradley Beal steamrolling him in the playoffs

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

straight up brolic posted:

Devin Booker is boring and bad and has terrible style

He's klay esque. Fun while he's on bit boring when he's off

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Dejan Bimble posted:

It wasn't just a last Kobe game level of passing to him every time, they kept fouling to extend the game so he could get more points, even though they were obviously losing. IT is just upset because he's having visions of John Wall and Bradley Beal steamrolling him in the playoffs

ENEMY

OF

FUN.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

To be clear the Celtics are mad because the Suns were down by 12 intentionally fouling so that Booker could take more shots, it was hella dumb.

E: ya, I'm late

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

The Celtics fouled the poo poo out of Booker all night too though. Yeah, the Suns cheesed it towards the end but Booker hit, what, 22 FTs?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Space Camp fuckup posted:

The Celtics fouled the poo poo out of Booker all night too though. Yeah, the Suns cheesed it towards the end but Booker hit, what, 22 FTs?

24/26

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I don't know why I feel such an active dislike for the Celtics even though they do everything I think a basketball team should do, play as a unit, play with love for one another, defend fearsomely, it's just the uniforms, I think. If they were the Jacksonville NJPs and wore grey and pink, I'd probably love them. Or the Chicago Cameras in orange and green. I really love Jae Crowder as a player. And I love Gerald Green's hair

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
Hating the celtics is cool and good.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

I don't know why I feel such an active dislike for the Celtics even though they do everything I think a basketball team should do, play as a unit, play with love for one another, defend fearsomely, it's just the uniforms, I think. If they were the Jacksonville NJPs and wore grey and pink, I'd probably love them. Or the Chicago Cameras in orange and green. I really love Jae Crowder as a player. And I love Gerald Green's hair

resentment doesn't fade. They got a long history of dislikeability, which is a word and not something I'm making up. I don't personally subscribe to it because I kinda loved Paul Pierce's bow at MSG but I know other Knicks fans do not like Celtics. Being a Bostonian or a fan of any of their awful teams is crude and déclassé and everyone knows it.

Also I think IT is gonna be Nate Robinson vs. The Nets type good in the playoffs and neither you nor Lockback can tell me any different. Reality might have something to say but that'll be down the line

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 25, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I know the modern Cavs are better but I miss the pre-Heat LeBron Cavs. Specifically all the dancing that LeBron would lead. (and the headband)

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Metapod posted:

He's klay esque. Fun while he's on bit boring when he's off

Having watched the highlight now, that's a pretty boring 70 points. Almost no impressive individual plays. It's obviously a hell of a performance but Giannis's and Jokic's highlights from last night are a lot more fun to watch.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
just curious: what is the Suns defense like to allow their main guy to drop 70 but still lose the game? were they just going for the record or something? couldn't they have fed him ten more points? lol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Dejan Bimble posted:

Danny Ainge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Speaking of the Celtics, I thought of a new nickname for Dario Saric: Larrio Birdovic.

What do you guys think?

• Locked thread