Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I decided to get Twilight Princess HD because it's a Zelda game I haven't given a fair shot. I find myself wishing that they'd gone for a colorful aesthetic like Skyward Sword or Breath of the Wild so that the Twilight sections would look even more alien. I do really love the geometric, black-and-neon Twilight aesthetics, though.

Mordja posted:

That's, uh...That's certainly one thing you could call your game. :effort:

:10bux: says some exec suggested "Call of Duty II" to ride on that Battlefield One train and it took too long for someone to point out that they'd already made a game called exactly that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think that's fake, Call of Duty World War II is a phenomenally dumb name.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I could maybe go for a new WW2 CoD (the last CoD I played was Black Ops 2) but the supply drop things people talk about in the newer ones sound really bad (I guess I don't know the details but I think you get weapons/ingame currency from lootboxes)

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 25, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

In Training posted:

I think that's fake, Call of Duty World War II is a phenomenally dumb name.

Just because it's phenomenally dumb doesn't mean a bunch of people didn't get paid to come up with and sign off on it :smith:

Though if it is real, they'd have done much better to name it after a famous battle of World War II that the campaign focuses around or something like that. It'd certainly pop a lot more. Call of Duty: Normandy or Call of Duty: Iwo Jima or something

Harrow fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 25, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lol I knew you'd get a kick out of ME:A.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Infinite Warfare is almost as dumb as that name.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

corn in the bible posted:

People who like max Payne 3 are wrong

I will kick your rear end, buster

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

They should just call it World at War 2.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Call of Duty: The Big Red Two

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

call of duty greater war

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Palpek posted:

They should just call it World at War 2.

World At World War II

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Call of Duty 1

:dukedoge:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Call of Duty: Nazi Shooty

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Healbot posted:

Infinite Warfare is almost as dumb as that name.

I knew him, Horatio; a man of infinite warfare.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

See, now that is a game I would buy

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Guy Mann posted:

:hellyeah:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Definitely reading that as call of duty wii

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Honestly sorta curious what kind of response it'll receive from that chunk of gamers that are also nazis now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Red Bones posted:

Honestly sorta curious what kind of response it'll receive from that chunk of gamers that are also nazis now.

I don't think most of them have the balls to defend actual literal WW2 Hitler-Nazis, they just like to hem and haw and whine about how they're not Nazis, they're merely Naziesque.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They'll say that traditional nazis wouldn't like them because they think weed is cool and listen to Drake, or something.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
"But what about the Nazis?"-The first thing I think when i play a WW2 shooter.

Speaking of, hope the new Wolfenstein comes out this year.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

why would they do this and ruin the game. who wants to go back to mud and brown and lovely old guns and olive tanks when we've had jetpacks and wallrunning and spaceships and laser cannons and lightning guns. why.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
i mean im v pro shooting nazis but i dont see the benefit in rolling back all the changes theyve made to the game to rehash a genre thats already been done a million times. i dont want to storm normandy again thanks.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Stux posted:

i mean im v pro shooting nazis but i dont see the benefit in rolling back all the changes theyve made to the game to rehash a genre thats already been done a million times. i dont want to storm normandy again thanks.

Maybe they'll change it up and do the Italian frohahahahahahahahaa no

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stux posted:

why would they do this and ruin the game. who wants to go back to mud and brown and lovely old guns and olive tanks when we've had jetpacks and wallrunning and spaceships and laser cannons and lightning guns. why.

Because Activision has a franchise with space guns, jetpacks and probably wallrunning with a new entry coming out this year while Battlefield One was well received.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

in this game you don't shoot the nazis but instead wait and hear them out. give everyone's opinion a chance to succeed or fail.

Press F to hear both sides

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

ImpAtom posted:

Because Activision has a franchise with space guns, jetpacks and probably wallrunning with a new entry coming out this year while Battlefield One was well received.

battlefield one wasnt well received with the kind of people who play cod though, they're a bit more of a separate market. it just seems like if they do this they'll be basically giving away more players to titanfall

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stux posted:

battlefield one wasnt well received with the kind of people who play cod though, they're a bit more of a separate market. it just seems like if they do this they'll be basically giving away more players to titanfall

There is not a new Titanfall coming out this year and CoD's sales numbers have been going down while Battlefield One did similar sales numbers.

I am certain there are CoD fans who hate Battlefield but based off its sales it probably has more significant overlap than you think.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just do modern warfare with Nazis. Retexture the first modern warfare, give Ramirez a reason to do everything in the game.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

ImpAtom posted:

There is not a new Titanfall coming out this year and CoD's sales numbers have been going down.

they went up with black ops 3 and back down with IW because the multiplayer is all kinds of hosed up on a technical level. there wont be a new titanfall but at the moment people are moving back to black ops 3 or looking at titanfall 2 and if the next cod moves backwards on the mobility it'll just make that titanfall 2 purchase seem like an even better idea. i'll probably move to titanfall 2 with some black ops 3 if cod is ww2, theres no situation on the planet where i buy a ww2 cod in 2017 and i love cod games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stux posted:

they went up with black ops 3 and back down with IW because the multiplayer is all kinds of hosed up on a technical level. there wont be a new titanfall but at the moment people are moving back to black ops 3 or looking at titanfall 2 and if the next cod moves backwards on the mobility it'll just make that titanfall 2 purchase seem like an even better idea. i'll probably move to titanfall 2 with some black ops 3 if cod is ww2, theres no situation on the planet where i buy a ww2 cod in 2017 and i love cod games.

Absolutely not. It doesn't matter that Titanfall is a good game or not. It's going to be a year old by the time CoD is out and no meaningful amount of people go back to a year old multiplayer shooter when newer ones are coming out. Anyone who did probably already purchased and owns Titanfall. They might move to a competitor but in this case, again, Activision owns the most likely competitor.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 25, 2017

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
well i mean you could just go look at the cod thread right now where so far the reaction has been "i guess we're playing black ops 3 for another year" but ok

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

Absolutely not. It doesn't matter that Titanfall is a good game or not. It's going to be a year old by the time CoD is out and no meaningful amount of people go back to a year old multiplayer shooter when newer ones are coming out. Anyone who did probably already purchased and owns Titanfall. They might move to a competitor but in this case, again, Activision owns the most likely competitor.

They went back to blops3

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Stux posted:

well i mean you could just go look at the cod thread right now where so far the reaction has been "i guess we're playing black ops 3 for another year" but ok

How'd that mw2 boycott go for you

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
i mean right now all of the people i play cod with on ps4 play either black ops 3 or titanfall 2 or other games to the point where new ps4 players have been told to just buy black ops 3 instead of IW to join in

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

They went back to blops3

"Nobody is going to mass go out and purchase a game they have not already purchased" is clearer for you then?

The idea that, a year after release, literally millions of people would go out and purchase a moderately successful year-old shooter they didn't purchase in the first place is beyond absurd. Some may go back to Titanfall 2 but considering its sales numbers if they lost every single person who purchased Titanfall 2 but gain 1/5th of the people who purchased Battlefield One that would be a win for them.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 25, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Why not add jet packs and lightning guns and wall-running to the world war 2 game and make it colorful?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ok but its all the same people. Cods audience isnt growing. They all own blops3 already

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
i mean this is all stuff that is currently happening with IW due to its technical problems let alone tearing out the last 3 years of progress in the gameplay which has been very well recieved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Ok but its all the same people. Cods audience isnt growing. They all own blops3 already

Most of them are still going to buy CoD WWII. Of those that don't, a not-insignificant number will go for Destiny 2 instead. Activision has little reason not to try to grab some of the Battlefield pie because if it works out it's a huge boon and if it doesn't then the game everyone hates and stops playing still sells more than almost every other game on the planet.

Call of Duty sells because it is The Big Shooter Franchise as much as anything. Even if people stop playing it they don't stop supporting it and they won't until enough time has passed that it being the Big Shooter is no longer true, but because of its name recognition value and yearly release schedule there's not a lot that will compete with it, especially because EA is just as prone to fuckups as Activision is.

• Locked thread