Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

howe_sam posted:

Oliver abandons the Green Arrow identity, throws himself into being the mayor, and the show becomes a remake of Spin City with Team Arrow as his staff.

I could see Wild Dog making a good Charlie Sheen fill-in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Oliver abandons the Green Arrow identity, throws himself into being the mayor, and the show becomes a remake of Spin City with Team Arrow as his staff.

I'd watch that.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I appreciate that we got a full episode dedicated to shirtless Ollie.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
It's great seeing Amell getting hyped for his own show again. He recently tweeted implying that the penultimate episode of the season is incredible and noted that, although he hadn't seen the script yet, if done right the finale could be the best episode of Arrow yet. Now I'm hyped.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Oliver abandons the Green Arrow identity, throws himself into being the mayor, and the show becomes an offshoot of Powerless with Team Arrow as his staff.

:mmmhmm:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Klungar posted:

I could see Wild Dog making a good Charlie Sheen fill-in.

or as the president in machete

THE GREEN ARROW KILLS, THAT'S WHAT HE DOES (AND HE LIKES IT)

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
prometheus here's a quarter.

watch deathstroke on how to do revenge.

you suck at it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Prometheus isn't just trying to revenge.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
Someone remind me, whats Evelyn's motivation?

She started with "Waaah, you are a killer" and went to Prometheus... OK, people can be dumb. Now he has killed his own wife, ton of other people and she still thinks he is the lesser evil??

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Stockholm syndrome

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Her parents were killed in Damien Darkh's underground city or some other crazy scheme and she blames the Arrow for "letting" those people die.

Plus I think there was something about how her parents were wealthy Starling City people who had friends who were killed by the Hood. So like she has friends whose lives were destroyed because Oliver killed their parents because they were genocidal nutbags.

She's messed up.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 25, 2017

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Also Ollie killed Dahrhkh, so she never got her revenge. Just another thing that he took from her.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Variety reports that Black Siren will be a series regular next year.

Which means there's a drat good chance they're about to throw Dinah Drake in the wood chipper. Goddamnit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder what happened with Dinah. It feels like she should have had a bigger thing going by now.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
I was kind of expecting they'd give her a little more focus in the upcoming episodes but that's probably not gonna happen now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Unless Evil Laurel remains evil and is the bad guy next year.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Narcissus1916 posted:

Variety reports that Black Siren will be a series regular next year.

Which means there's a drat good chance they're about to throw Dinah Drake in the wood chipper. Goddamnit.

I wish they would add Black Siren to Legends instead of Arrow next season. It would be a better fit and her interactions with Sarah would be interesting.

Wouldn't be shocked if Rhyno is right. A season long plot that leads to a Black Siren/ Dinah Drake battle might be interesting.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Unless Evil Laurel remains evil and is the bad guy next year.

If Talia's still kicking and hates Ollie, I could see her recruiting Black Siren for a new League

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spacebump posted:

I wish they would add Black Siren to Legends instead of Arrow next season. It would be a better fit and her interactions with Sarah would be interesting.

I honestly thought they were going to do that. Toss her in with Thawne, Merlyn, Snart and Darhke!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Spacebump posted:

Guess who's in the finale of Legends?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The confession felt a bit weak there but I'm interested to see where they're going to go. Presumably someone's just going to slap him or something.

Aphrodite posted:

I wonder what happened with Dinah. It feels like she should have had a bigger thing going by now.
Continuing the fine Arrow tradition of introducing characters, doing nothing with them then writing them out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have zero problem with the way they've been working Dinah into the team and story and this all feels a little weirdly over-reactive to me to a totally speculative idea.

I mean, she hasn't gotten some personal meta plot but she probably never was going to being introduced so late into the season and right before the show started really focusing on the Prometheus storyline she has nothing to do with. I've gotten the sense that the idea was to just do a big intro of her and then work her gradually and organically into the team. So we've just gotten a lot of little scenes where she gets through to Oliver in his self loathing or Quentin gives her his blessing to be the Black Canary. I've thought its been working.

They've just all taken a backseat to Oliver and Prometheus the last couple of weeks. Except for Felicity's weird hacker subplot.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

STAC Goat posted:

They've just all taken a backseat to Oliver and Prometheus the last couple of weeks. Except for Felicity's weird hacker subplot.

They're setting up next seasons flashback plot to be Felicity's goth days.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
That's one way to solve the problem.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

This is a dumb plan, Ollie.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Good job Oliver, you're helping the Bratva make super heroin.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Didn't Felicity pay for the lair?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Okay, that shot of Oliver dropping out of the ceiling was cool.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I mean, more than half the team are murderers already...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

loving HELL Adrian.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Yes, Dig, because keeping villains alive to save a Queen's soul who ordered their death worked so well with Merlyn/Thea...

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Zebulon posted:

loving HELL Adrian.

That was impressive

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Don't bother stopping that car, officers.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

Don't bother stopping that car, officers.

Would have ruined that American Psycho as gently caress scene with him driving off. Probably worth it not to pull him over, because god drat. That final minute or so really cemented just how absolutely hosed up he is.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Zebulon posted:

loving HELL Adrian.
I thought it was overall sort of a middling episode -- because sweet Christ I am bored with Oliver's angst over whether or not he's a monster -- but that ending :stonk:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I've caught up after getting trapped in a vortex of schoolwork, and man, last week's episode was metal as gently caress. Show has been at its peak this year

e: A political leader caught up in a backroom deal with shady Russians? a work of fiction, I say

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 30, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Once again, Chase is the best villain this show has ever had and holy poo poo is Josh Segarra killing it. No pun intended. I'm gonna be so happy when Oliver guts him with that knife but so sad to see him go.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
A lot of Kord references in the CW shows recently.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Guy Goodbody posted:

A lot of Kord references in the CW shows recently.

Blue beetle will be the new series!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

X-O posted:

Once again, Chase is the best villain this show has ever had and holy poo poo is Josh Segarra killing it. No pun intended. I'm gonna be so happy when Oliver guts him with that knife but so sad to see him go.

I think Oliver's gonna put him in a cell instead of the ground personally, but I think I'm okay with murder by glorified linoleum knife.

Whatever happens, Ollie and the team basically just stripped his public facing resources. He's just a criminal now, albeit an extremely dangerous one. If the marshals were the tip of the iceberg, I cannot wait to see what happens now that he's coming unglued. :magical:

e: or evelyn's gonna be the one that snaps and kills him idk. They could go literally anywhere with this, and I'm pretty excited.

Chokes McGee fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 30, 2017

• Locked thread