Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sex Tragedy posted:

what the hell is supposed to be wrong with the voice acting

the english dub sounds stupid as hell across all characters, like fallout mod quality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
most of the characters that arent zelda are passable but you hear the way more out of zelda than any of them and she's really bad

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

miphas pretty bad too but everone else is cool imo

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The Zora princess is so wooden she should have been cast as a Korok :D

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
daruk is cool and strong and my friend

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Mipha is bad, her delivery is just flat out reading, with no emotion. Daruk is great, Sidon is ok, but man does Yunobo (the young Goron) suck. "Oh Geez oh man, MONSTERSSSSS AHHH"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
really wish i could play with japanese voices

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Zelda sounds like Big Suze from Peep Show and it confuses me immensely

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Mipha is bad, her delivery is just flat out reading, with no emotion. Daruk is great, Sidon is ok, but man does Yunobo (the young Goron) suck. "Oh Geez oh man, MONSTERSSSSS AHHH"

A lot of them sound like it was a first time read through of the script and then the director just stopped and said ok that's a wrap. It's stands out so much cause the sound and music is really good otherwise.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Sex Tragedy posted:

what the hell is supposed to be wrong with the voice acting

the zora princess was the worst voice actor ive ever heard. sidon was cool tho. zelda sounds kind of annoying and breathy and she's reading her lines like the way claire daines did in the incredible gay yes i love it romeo and juliet adaptation baz lerhman movie where shes sort of hovering between a whisper and crying all the time. that sadi princess zlelda is beautiful and i love her i am constantly crying skyward sword zelda and/or botw szelda will never be my gf irl . oh yeah and theh SLUtTY princess zelda in the secret best 2d zelda game zelda 2 where she kisses you and starts having sex the second she wakes up

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the gerudo champ and the gerudo chief weren't bad but it was really irritating 2 me that the champion in the flashbacks is like form new jersey but then the chief is like mildly posh british WHAT is going on here i have autism

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

mysterious loyall X posted:

the gerudo champ and the gerudo chief weren't bad but it was really irritating 2 me that the champion in the flashbacks is like form new jersey but then the chief is like mildly posh british WHAT is going on here i have autism
Lmfao

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

i thought there was only 100 shrines but i have a lot more game to play than i thought

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

mabels big day posted:

i thought there was only 100 shrines but i have a lot more game to play than i thought

omg

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i managed to go an entire day without playing this game. i feel like i am going to die

https://twitter.com/acfoltzer/status/838576790599708672

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

The memory where Link casually surveys the pile of guys he murked.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the zora princess was the worst voice actor ive ever heard. sidon was cool tho. zelda sounds kind of annoying and breathy and she's reading her lines like the way claire daines did in the incredible gay yes i love it romeo and juliet adaptation baz lerhman movie where shes sort of hovering between a whisper and crying all the time. that sadi princess zlelda is beautiful and i love her i am constantly crying skyward sword zelda and/or botw szelda will never be my gf irl . oh yeah and theh SLUtTY princess zelda in the secret best 2d zelda game zelda 2 where she kisses you and starts having sex the second she wakes up

lmao

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

zelda 2 is bullshit!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

farsel posted:

zelda 2 is bullshit!

no u

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

farsel posted:

zelda 2 is bullshit!
fartsmell

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

farsel posted:

zelda 2 is bullshit!

I like it persoanlly farsel

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it was nintendo hard and there were some odd choices but it wasnt a bad game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

extremebuff posted:

it was nintendo hard and there were some odd choices but it wasnt a bad game

it wasnt a bad game then, but it is now. i think it friggin stinks rear end

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

ive never been able to get into zelda 2. i dont like the way it plays or looks or sound and the game over screen scared me as a small chil;d

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that dungeon music though

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
zelda 2 used to be the worst zelda

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

zelda 2 used to be the worst zelda

Now what is it? Skyward Sword? I only say that as it's the only main line (console) entry that I haven't beaten. I played it for all of 4 hours and stopped.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i finally pulled the trigger and beat this. i spent way more time than i thought it was gonna take because i wasnt expecting hyrule castle to be so huge. godly game

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

:same:

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

absolutely anything posted:

i finally pulled the trigger and beat this. i spent way more time than i thought it was gonna take because i wasnt expecting hyrule castle to be so huge. godly game

yeah the castle is just the best dungeon in the game. last fight is satisfying and taught me that a necessary component of the fight is applicable to guardians out in the wild and one shots the turret ones, haven't tried on the walkers.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

jisforjosh posted:

Now what is it? Skyward Sword? I only say that as it's the only main line (console) entry that I haven't beaten. I played it for all of 4 hours and stopped.

the water is muddy

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

jisforjosh posted:

yeah the castle is just the best dungeon in the game. last fight is satisfying and taught me that a necessary component of the fight is applicable to guardians out in the wild and one shots the turret ones, haven't tried on the walkers.

poo poo, I just walked right in through the front gate and walked right up to the final boss. I had a bow that fired five arrows in one shot, and I bought like 20 ancient arrows. It was still loving cool tearing down all those Guardians

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

klapman posted:

poo poo, I just walked right in through the front gate and walked right up to the final boss. I had a bow that fired five arrows in one shot, and I bought like 20 ancient arrows. It was still loving cool tearing down all those Guardians

See I was exploring the castle and looking for weapons to loot, wondered into a giant room and a cut scene started playing for the fight.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i still like skyward sword. i'll never play it again and fi and the linearity in general were awful but they tried to mix things up, they made good on the promise of the wii motion controls, and tbqh i don't think breath of the wild would exist without skyward sword. and really "worst console zelda" is not that damning a criticism

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

hunting 2,970 pieces of courser bee honey to upgrade a certain outfit is loving rear end. it stinks!!! gently caress you shigsy!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had a dream that I was playing this and I don't even own it and I woke up very sad

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I wonder if anyone has 100% completion yet

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I wonder if anyone has 100% completion yet

itd be funny if one of the korok seeds was bugged and someone was stuck at 99.9%

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

extremebuff posted:

itd be funny if one of the korok seeds was bugged and someone was stuck at 99.9%

thats not funny at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

extremebuff posted:

That's pretty drat accurate actually. It'd end up being 99.92%. All 900 seeds account for 72% of the completion

• Locked thread