Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 32 - Quantum Paz

We're back to Peace Walker! Also spoilers: Don't try to spring a surprise multiplayer session during the superbowl, that wasn't so smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Tell me more about doing taxes.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I really needed to see the return of Mother Base's top agents today :unsmith:

Fake Edit: They love the beach :allears:

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
Dan you can't call Grace out for being out of practice and then proceed to blow yourself up. I mean dying in a pile of doritos is one thing, but shooting a shiny object from close range is just bad. Also those ghost sounds were ridiculous.

Section Z posted:

It has plenty of impact to those of us who have played the game before, even for cold hearted logistics reasons.

Those people are pulled from your actual staff roster. As such, strolling over to your recently deceased list isn't just a list of names.

"Running Frog :geno:, Wild Hippo :geno:, whatever-Oh no, not one of my only S ranked staff in that department I've found so far :qq:"
Oh... I'd assumed they were complete randos. That's mean.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Come to think of it, what would happen if you fire/kill most of your base before that mission?

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Come to think of it, what would happen if you fire/kill most of your base before that mission?

According to this random reddit thread the first outbreak will happen among the mission's forced recruits. The second outbreak will not occur until you have recruited a bunch of people, and the story will be locked off until you do so.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 33 - Red Panda Adventures

I was originally going to link to this video instead as a joke, but I just finished a 12 hour shift and I'm not sure how long I'm going to be awake, and I guarantee I won't remember to put it back.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dan I can't believe you shot that guy after Dan told you to save them.

I will always love you wildly screaming "No let them live" then immediately murdering people.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

The previous Puyan episode owned cause of the prolonged red_panda.wav :allears:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 34 - Still In A Dream

Have you ever wanted to see us completely forget how to fight Cocoon and spend 40+ minutes alternately blowing stuff up and getting blown up while a vocaloid version of Beyond The Bounds plays? Well we've got you covered.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I always wondered. Provided it won, how did they plan on getting Cocoon back OUT of the giant pit?

Also I'm just going to keep imagining you just popping monocles in shock left and right every time you say stuff like "Heavens to Betsy!"

You deserve the pretend video game armor :unsmith:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

daneditthatout

also i have new custom title dan still on the same topic :D

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

]Let's Play Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Episode 35 - Argentinaman

For some reason every piece of equipment Grace has failed in this episode (we did another mission after the events of this but Grace's microphone driver broke for a minute and he forgot to check if it stopped audacity which it did)

But hey, we made a new friend who clearly knows this game WAY better than either of us! :v:

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
You two sounded demoralized by the end of that Cocoon fight. What even happened there? Are all those new and improved post-game weapons not enough against Type 2 robots? Nice end credits on the Argentinaman episode by the way. I salute them, while jeering Grace for using wi-fi on PSN, a network known to not be the most stable and slow and bad in general.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Netscape icon is immortal. It will live on, long after the internet dies.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 33 - Quiet The Hedgehog

Sorry for the slow trickle of updates lately, Life's been coming fast and hard and I sorta forget what sleeping long enough to have dreams is like. We should be back on normal updates soon, hopefully starting now.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nice job with Extreme Quiet, shame we still didn't get The Cutscene yet :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 34 - Paz Chat

I still like the Skulls fights :saddowns:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Did you ever collect Gloria? That might be the most important thing in the game.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

So are you just hosed story progression-wise?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nope, we get it eventually. We're actually on pace to finish the interesting stuff in MGSV next session. We could have finished it last friday but we recorded... a different game.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Did you ever collect Gloria? That might be the most important thing in the game.

Offscreen, yep :v: It's extremely important.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 35 - Spice And Woof

An episode where I absentmindedly play metal gear and we talk about anime! Can you believe it??

also it's normal for Quiet to leave now, I was thinking of The Man Who Sold The World

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It really can not be overstated how much of a piece of poo poo Huey is.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Every time you say that only one person is watching your stuff I feel sad and excluded.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I keep meaning to watch Spice and Wolf. Is Baka and Test really that good? And hey nothing wrong with Lucky Star :allears:

It's not embarrassing like Shimoneta.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

I'm really looking forward to y'all finishing metal gear acid sometime!

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

SSNeoman posted:

Is Baka and Test really that good?

Baka and Test is amazing, if you're into goofy comedies. Like, literal rivers of noseblood comedies.

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
The Paz stuff is getting mighty weird. Not that it wasn't to begin with but showing her bleeding out like that sure wasn't pleasant! Sure glad Huey is gone even if it is right before the game ends, again. Since you brought them up I vote you hellstream the PW/GZ/PP tapes + MGS4 Database. An entire night of lore!

Also sorry Grace, but Gundam Seed is crap. That show was like the original Gundam series only more boring, and somehow even more reused animation. I mean I'll still buy the BDs when they're released here for completionist sake... but still gently caress that whole subseries.

FAT BATMAN posted:

I'm really looking forward to y'all finishing metal gear acid sometime!
Yeah things were getting real interesting plotwise. Plus Dan seemed to be doing better at the game. After all this time away from it though... I'm worried he'll have regressed. :ohdear:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

pick-e posted:

After all this time away from it though... I'm worried he'll have regressed. :ohdear:

Rude :mad: We've actually been putting Acid on the backburner because we thought no one was really into it, we'll have to bump that up a bit :v:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play MGSV Phantom Pain 36 - No Seat On The Boat

I ended up cutting out a bit of this episode because this mission is kinda bullshit. Originally the way I beat it was using armour parasites, sandstorms, and night vision to fulton everything out. I apparently forgot to develop armour parasites, and I think I just plain forgot I had NVGs. The next problem is after the battle. The sandstorm wasn't supposed to persist :shepface:

Anyway Chip is going to be doing his MGSV LP soon, so hopefully this'll get forgotten quickly

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Nah, it's cool that you hosed up 70 times, Dan.

But honestly, this mission is kind of bullshit. I died like 10 times there.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Adventure Episode 8 - Ape Foo

This was originally unrelated to april fools and we just played it because secretly I sorta love this game, but it was going to go up on the third anyway so gently caress it.

Also for context, Grace ended up being delayed from recording for two hours and I spent that entire time pre-gaming, which is why I'm that drunk so early in the recording session. Also it's been over a year so I don't remember anything about anything.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah honestly MGSV's story is very weak. You will always have difficulty creating a coherent narrative in an open-world game, but this was bare bones even by those standards.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Adventure Episode 9 - I'm Glad Sonic's Dead

MORE SONC MORE SONC MORE SONC MORE SONC MORE SONC MORE SONC MORE SONC

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Cutscene quiet is far more effective than "Constantly runs through landmines" quiet in my gameplay :v:

"Hey, quiet. I need to raise your bond so I dropped this unconscious body in an open parking lot after you spent ten minutes not shooting back as he shot you in the face with an AK. You're welcome."

Fake Edit: Oh poo poo, Dan's gotta go fast again :allears:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Holy poo poo, those faces when Sonic and Tails talk. The weird eye-twitching, the tongue that just sits still in the center of the mouth.

milk teeth
Oct 13, 2009

Yo Dan holy poo poo do I love your MGS5 playthrough. I tried watching another one when the gap between updates was getting long but trying to sit through some intensely reverential Kojima nerd or total silence was un-loving-bearable. Hearing you and Grace drunkenly talk about anime Jesus while annihilating this game is the only thing I want from life. Every update is a gift.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Adventure Episode 10 - Can You Please Don't

The day we produce a watchable video is the day I shut down the channel

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Sonic Adventure Episode 11 - Just Suck

We finally finish Knuckles' bullshit, and seriously why did it take them so long to realize these search sections are awful :( I can still hear the constant dinging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
The only defense for that airdeck level is "At least it doesn't have a time limit, I guess?" :eng99:

Dan, say "Heavens to Betsy! How about you gently caress right off?" on camera, TIA. This would be highly preferable to you killing yourself.