Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I have found myself unable to spend that last upgrade on Mace's abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainPsyko posted:

I use Poe. He goes in and taunts and then gets what he deserves for taunting.

A flagrant foul and 2 free throws to the opponent?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Also, guys

You can send in whoever the gently caress you want to die to the guards. If you have to attack before your character is killed, just attack a guard. Damage to guards doesn't count on the scoreboard.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Also, guys

You can send in whoever the gently caress you want to die to the guards. If you have to attack before your character is killed, just attack a guard. Damage to guards doesn't count on the scoreboard.

Also if you have multiple expendable toons you can send them in together to try to eat the CD for the first deathmark or whatever.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The Rancor overhead AoE slam is a jerk and I hate when he murders three dudes at once. I thought being 80 would make it less awful but I guess first I need to be T9 plus on these people before they eat dirt in two turns.

Or maybe he's just a dick to everyone.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Dely Apple posted:

The Rancor overhead AoE slam is a jerk and I hate when he murders three dudes at once. I thought being 80 would make it less awful but I guess first I need to be T9 plus on these people before they eat dirt in two turns.

Or maybe he's just a dick to everyone.

The secret is to never let the Rancor take a turn to do those things.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I wonder how much longer we're gonna get OP Sith Rancor?

Eventually they'll have to fix that bug.

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
I thought they patched that in February which is why Phase 1 is a bit more of a gamble?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I wonder how much longer we're gonna get OP Sith Rancor?

Eventually they'll have to fix that bug.

I'm not convinced they will. It doesn't affect pvp in any way, and it doesn't make AAT any easier to beat. People are able to solo Rancor without Zader, so I just don't see much incentive to fix it from the team that took over a year to fix Teebo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainAssholay posted:

I thought they patched that in February which is why Phase 1 is a bit more of a gamble?

It appears that as you progress through phases, the turn meter reduction applied by sith/imperials under Zader increases in likelihood and effect. If you can make it through P1, P2 is remarkably easy. If you make it through P2, then P3 and P4 can be auto-battled, because the rancor will never be given the chance to move again.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 24, 2017

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Chilichimp posted:

OP Sith Rancor?

It's still early so I read that as you saying there was a Rancor Sith Lord, and now I want to see one of those.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Why is DS stage 9 locked behind lvl 85 :negative: I wanted to get Vader to G10 but he needs so many gold Biotech Implant Prototypes

I'm kind of stuck because everyone else wants a Fusion Furnace too and those don't grow on trees

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else get a lot of pleasure from spinning your Jedi's around on the character page? The lightsabers make the wom wom visual from the films.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

two_step posted:

I use luke for this. If CG wants to make poo poo characters, I will throw poo poo characters at the raid.

There's at least five cool ways to have Luke as a character just from his movie appearances. Why do we have weird elephant gun Luke?

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

UmOk posted:

There's at least five cool ways to have Luke as a character just from his movie appearances. Why do we have weird elephant gun Luke?

I assume because Jedi Luke is so iconic they wanted to save it for a massive event and they haven't thought about how to release it so we're stuck with babby Luke until people get their fill of General Kenobi.

Also given how the power creep has been moving exponentially I'm assuming his kit is going to be terrifying 4 paragraph long skill descriptions.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CaptainAssholay posted:

I assume because Jedi Luke is so iconic they wanted to save it for a massive event and they haven't thought about how to release it so we're stuck with babby Luke until people get their fill of General Kenobi.

Also given how the power creep has been moving exponentially I'm assuming his kit is going to be terrifying 4 paragraph long skill descriptions.

I'm assuming he'll be a tank and instead of counter-attack, he'll deflect attacks against him back on a random enemy.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So yeah, Didn't realize Tier 3 credit heist was going to be so swole and my Boba/Lando/STH can't actually do it.

Sidious you just sit the gently caress down for awhile apparently I need to work on IG-88.

What's a good fifth Scoundrel that overlaps with some other teams I'll need to make because gently caress chewbacca. IG-88 is part of the droid team, so I want to continue training multipurpose people and not waste a bunch of time on someone like Gamorrean Guard or something.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You only really need Boba/Lando/STH to carry it, just need to gear them up. IG-88 is worth doing as part of the droid team for HAAT P2 though.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Space Crabs posted:

So yeah, Didn't realize Tier 3 credit heist was going to be so swole and my Boba/Lando/STH can't actually do it.

Sidious you just sit the gently caress down for awhile apparently I need to work on IG-88.

What's a good fifth Scoundrel that overlaps with some other teams I'll need to make because gently caress chewbacca. IG-88 is part of the droid team, so I want to continue training multipurpose people and not waste a bunch of time on someone like Gamorrean Guard or something.

Raid Han has uses, but honestly, it's three mannable just put those resources into Boba/Hando

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
Don't do what I did and put 6* into Cad Bane like an idiot bitch

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

fishtobaskets posted:

I did this.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

I did it. I have every GW hero now except for the recently released K2S0.

The mistake was leveling and gearing him.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Aleth posted:

You only really need Boba/Lando/STH to carry it, just need to gear them up. IG-88 is worth doing as part of the droid team for HAAT P2 though.

How good do you need them to be? My Boba is on my arena team and is fine and now STH and Lando are 6* lvl 82 G8 but they're starting to cannibalize the same gear my arena team needs (Fusion Furnaces)

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Crumbletron posted:

How good do you need them to be? My Boba is on my arena team and is fine and now STH and Lando are 6* lvl 82 G8 but they're starting to cannibalize the same gear my arena team needs (Fusion Furnaces)

Probably all three at 7*, max level and g9, with mods should do t4 heists, I think. You can't go wrong maxing boba, imho, he fits on so many teams. Get lando some cc/cd mods if you can, he can mostly solo the thing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

Prolly G9.

Lando is a top tier toon and you probably want to take him to GXI anyway. IIRC, he's an easy farm.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Cool, thanks. They're my current Cantina/Arena farms right now and I just 6*'d them both this week so it'll be a bit before I get them to 7*, especially since I'm not doing Cantina refreshes right now. I've got a Furnace nearly ready but it'll likely go to TFP. I've almost got 1,400 gems for a second one too, so that should help.

I'll work on getting them to G11 eventually but I'm not 85 yet so farming gold gear is not feasible quite yet

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

Cool, thanks. They're my current Cantina/Arena farms right now and I just 6*'d them both this week so it'll be a bit before I get them to 7*, especially since I'm not doing Cantina refreshes right now. I've got a Furnace nearly ready but it'll likely go to TFP. I've almost got 1,400 gems for a second one too, so that should help.

I'll work on getting them to G11 eventually but I'm not 85 yet so farming gold gear is not feasible quite yet

It's not really feasible at 85 either.

You're better off farming stun cuffs and spending crystals on raid gear.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
It's funny, someone in this thread mentioned it when I first started playing, that whenever you see Mace in a squad you will most likely win that match. It's so true, to the point that I will actively refresh my groups to see if I can get a Mace to pop up. Then I proceed to kill everyone else and save him for last.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

fishtobaskets posted:

huh what?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

huh what?

Mine is 81, G8, and I omegad his primary. :smug:

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Mine is 81, G8, and I omegad his primary. :smug:

Don't worry, someday he'll have a ship, and it will have vaguely been worth it.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Don't worry, someday he'll have a ship, and it will have vaguely been worth it.

Just look at Savage!

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Burning_Monk posted:

It's funny, someone in this thread mentioned it when I first started playing, that whenever you see Mace in a squad you will most likely win that match. It's so true, to the point that I will actively refresh my groups to see if I can get a Mace to pop up. Then I proceed to kill everyone else and save him for last.

He could have been the chosen one, with expose and shatterpoint! Now a garbage can has more utility!

trapt
Sep 21, 2010
Sorry guys, I messed up! Logged in around 8:45, saw rancor was already in P2 and jumped in for a quick hit...

Guess I'll stick to 0 dmg for the next 2-3 rancor.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I think we all learned a lesson today

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Goons still can't read?

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think

Aadoniel posted:

I think we all learned a lesson today

No we didn't this has been going on since Rancor raids started we're a guild of goons.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
At least no one soloed it.

...did I jynx it?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
If we have raid han at seven stars should we be staying at 0 dmg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

Dengar is essential for team bounty hunter, Greedo has good synergy with Boba Lead, but really none of the other bounty hunters/scoundrels are worth levelling unless you want to all in the obnxious perma stealth massive speed BH team that still loses to everyone elses aoes.