Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BU goalie was all 3 stars of that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DJExile posted:

:siren: OH MY GOD BU DID IT :siren:

:bisonyes:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duluth's chaos dunk of Ohio STate will now begin at 8:20 on ESPNU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
currently LOL'ing at Air Force scoring an unassisted short-handed goal

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That guy who had the shorty for air force

Major: Physics
Minor: Nuclear Weapons

:stare:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

DJExile posted:

if that isn't the most Air Force thing I've ever heard, I don't know what is

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

...and he's Valedictorian of the sophomore class

i didn't even know that was a thing

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

DJExile posted:

Player spotlights on service academy majors are always entertaining

Naval Academy Player X

Major: Submarine Warfare

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis

DJExile posted:

:siren: OH MY GOD BU DID IT :siren:

I have no idea who I want to win now... maybe Western Michigan?

A Western Michigan, Denver, Minnesota-Duluth, who cares as long as it's not the Gophers Frozen Four would be ok, I guess.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

air force is up 3-1 on WMU loving lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

:pcgaming: CHAOS loving REIGNS RESULT #1: AIR FORCE UPSETS WESTERN MICHIGAN :pcgaming:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

DJExile posted:

:pcgaming: CHAOS loving REIGNS RESULT #1: AIR FORCE UPSETS WESTERN MICHIGAN :pcgaming:

I had this :smuggo:

I'm more surprised Western scored more than two goals

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DJExile posted:

SATURDAY

MORE SONGS ABOUT BUILDINGS AND FOOD REGIONAL
SNHU Arena, Manchester, N.H.

Noon Eastern Time - ESPN3
Cornell vs. UMass-Lowell

Holy poo poo this Lowell team. Hockey East champs after a nailbiter final with BC. Weapons everywhere. Great power play (27%), a goalie named Wall. Deep as gently caress. Cornell is no slouch and play great defensive hockey. They are by no means an offensive powerhouse, but it's hard to knock them on anything else.
SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS GAME? Maybe? Lowell should cruise but if any of the underdogs stand a chance at pulling a major upset, it's likely Cornell. Defensive-heavy teams have done it before.

3:30PM Eastern Time - ESPN-U
Notre Dame vs. Minnesota

Minnesota is a monster and Don Lucia is consistently one of the best coaches in the country. They've won 6 straight regular season conference championships (although it's questionable how good you really have to be to win the goddamn B1G :v: ) They lost in double-OT to Penn State in the tournament but were already locked into the national tournament so they got some extra rest. They score a ton of goals but goaltending's been an issue. ND had a solid late season run but comes into this game having been manhandled by UMass-Lowell.
SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS GAME? Yes. If you haven't seen Minnesota this season, check them out. A win here for the Gophers would set up a hell of a regional final with Lowell.

REMAIN IN LIGHT REGIONAL
U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati, Ohio

1:00PM Eastern Time - ESPN News
Fightin' Nerds vs. Denver

Nerds have a very good defense and goaltending, average offense. Denver has a spectacular defense and a number of smaller, speedy forwards that are a hoot to watch, and two goalies with GAAs under 1.85. Angus Redmond (spectacular name) has been a fantastic goalie for the Nerds, but this may be a long day for him. Mel Pearson has done a great job getting Tech back to the big dance, but Denver is the overall #1 for a very good reason.

SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS GAME? Yep. You'll see some highlight-reel worthy poo poo from both Redmond and the Denver offense, but Denver should cruise.

4:30PM Eastern time - ESPN3
Penn State vs. Union

Two teams with a lot of speed, a ton of scoring, and average at best goaltending. Union's Vecchione and Foo each have over 60 points. Smirnov has 45 for Penn State. This could easily be one of those 7-6 games.

SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS GAME? Oh hell yeah.

AND SOME FINALS OH poo poo

Boston University vs. Minnesota-Duluth : 6:00PM Eastern - ESPNU
BU has to be absolutely gassed. They survived the last 5 minutes of a third period and all of the 1st OT entirely on defense, and goaltender Jake Oettinger stole the game for them. They were out-shot 59-29 and somehow stole it in the 2nd OT in what was easily the game of the night and honestly may be the game of the tournament. Duluth went to OT with a high-powered OSU offense but should definitely be the fresher team here. That said, I wouldn't count BU out of this game at all if Oettinger has another big game.

Air Force vs. Harvard: 8:30PM Eastern - ESPNU
Air Force was the first big upset of the weekend, jumping out to a 4-1 lead on WMU and never looking back. They now draw offensive juggernaut Harvard, who easily disposed of Providence. Air Force has some good playmakers (Kyle Haak had himself a hell of a game) but they were still out of sorts for quite a bit in the Western game. Harvard has now won 19 of their last 20 games. Harvard should cruise.

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Go Cornell Go Union gently caress Penn State gently caress Harvard

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
Brock Boeser signed with the Canucks and will make his NHL debut tonight versus the Wild.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

These early games suck

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Well the refs have been horrendous but Cornell is Bad and this game was over a long time ago

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

I feel like an idiot for showing up at a bar in a jersey and not realizing ESPN3 is an online service. :suicide:

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
What game is on ESPN3? Notre Dame and gently caress a Gopher are on ESPNU.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

PSU/Union

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
PSU/Union turning into a goal scoring frenzy

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

marsisol posted:

PSU/Union turning into a goal scoring frenzy

this game rules, defense sucks

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Union goalie kicked the net off right before PSU scored

That should be a penalty

e: Or the goal counts anyway 4-3

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
This game owns.

Especially if PSU wins

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Terriers! :woof:

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC8rZq3oKuI

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
More goals for the goal god!

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU taking Union to the drat wood shed

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q31aj9VMj8g

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
10 goals lmao

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Disband Union

Time to get worked by Denver

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
gently caress Penn State

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Teemu Pokemon posted:

gently caress Penn State

:yeah:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Disband Union

Time to get worked by Denver
:omarcomin:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Minn-Duluth beats BU in OT and will face Harvard in the Frozen Four. Give Air Force credit, 2 goals in like 20 seconds and threw everything at them at the end but came up short.

Notre Dame upsets Minnesota and will draw UMass-Lowell, who shut out Cornell.

Penn State destroyed Union but now has to stare down Denver, who comfortably cruised by Fightin' Nerds after a 4 goal 1st period.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Teemu Pokemon posted:

gently caress Penn State

I am sad to see Penn St, the school that facilitated the rape of children, advancing

marsisol
Mar 30, 2010
Penn State is awesome

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

marsisol posted:

Penn State is awesome

Nope.

Watching them get poo poo on at the last minute by USC in the Rose Bowl was awesome.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Penn State as a hockey team is at least entertaining.

Penn State as both a school and fan and alumni base is a goddamn cult that reacted to the decades-long enabling and cover-up of child rape by attacking those that brought it to light and flipping news vans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Last 2 regional finals today! Both games on ESPN-U

3:30PM - UMass-Lowell vs. Notre Dame
Notre Dame came back from a 2-0 deficit and shocked Minnesota. Anders Bjork was massive and credit ND for pulling it off. That said, Lowell has had ND's number all year, culminating in Lowell smoking ND 5-1 in the Hockey East semis. Lowell beat Cornell in a 5-0 shutout and their defense looked fantastic. I'd expect ND to keep this closer than the last time they played, but Lowell looks spectacular right now.

6:00PM - Penn State vs. Denver
Oh man this could be a lot of fun. Penn State scores a ton of goals, Denver allows almost none and has one of the country's best goalies in Jaillet. Penn State has a questionable defense but it has improved. Both have great special teams. This should be a hoot.

• Locked thread