Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

I'm totally in love with Krogan Vanguard, particularly now I've respecced. The combination of the health and shield regen from Rage and Charge plus the tankiness from Fortify is pretty absurd. I originally took inspiration for the party damage reduction, but the buffs to Rage itself from Berserker are so loving good I dunno if I could switch back to a fairly mediocre, hard to maintain, party buff.

Forget Nova though -- it sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Yeah so, I have no idea what button breaks a grab on PC. I've rebound my keys, and like nothing seems to respond once I'm grabbed.

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

On Xbox it's Y, which is the melee button.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wilekat posted:

I'm totally in love with Krogan Vanguard, particularly now I've respecced. The combination of the health and shield regen from Rage and Charge plus the tankiness from Fortify is pretty absurd

I've only put 1 point in Rage because I'm going for maxing out everything else first and yeah, you can just waddle around the map being unkillable against everything but minibosses on Silver.

Speaking of minibosses, what's the trick to Destroyers? They seem to have a shitload more HP than Fiends, Hydras, Agents, Ascendants, etc.

e: I do like how when Agents "die" they just teleport out of battle, lol

RaptorChief
Feb 21, 2007

Add my name to the PC origin ID list. Name is AndrewFL9

Loved ME3 multiplayer and just started getting into this one. When it works I love it, just wish more people would use PTT instead of hearing the baby that's crying the whole match.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Zotix posted:

Yeah so, I have no idea what button breaks a grab on PC. I've rebound my keys, and like nothing seems to respond once I'm grabbed.

It's E for me, or whatever you've bound Use to.

It seems like certain things aren't rebindable. I've rebound Alt to something else, but it's still bound to Shoulder Change.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

precision posted:

Speaking of minibosses, what's the trick to Destroyers? They seem to have a shitload more HP than Fiends, Hydras, Agents, Ascendants, etc.

Pop the turrets and they're basically giant blobs of hp. Unlike every other supermob they don't seem to have a sync kill, so you just have to shoot/punch them until they die. All the mobs tunnelvision like crazy, so anytime it isn't looking at you you're free to do whatever the hell you like to it. This is pretty nice as a puncher because they just won't use their counter-melee energy shield thing unless they're focusing on someone in melee range.

Speaking of sync kills - gently caress sync kills :argh:

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

Digirat posted:

Eh? The revenant fell off super hard in gold in ME3. I always felt like it was a serious underperformer and I always did better when bringing other guns. This was really disappointing because it had by far the best sound in the game and if it was better I don't think I would have used anything else. So I'm very glad to hear it's a much better gun now.

Son I took the Revenant into Platinum matches and it shredded mofos, mind you that was on a Turian Soldier with 50% extra accuracy and stability, 25% barrel mod, extended clip and AP ammo. The Typhoon was cool too but just didn't have the same character.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Wilekat posted:

I'm totally in love with Krogan Vanguard, particularly now I've respecced. The combination of the health and shield regen from Rage and Charge plus the tankiness from Fortify is pretty absurd. I originally took inspiration for the party damage reduction, but the buffs to Rage itself from Berserker are so loving good I dunno if I could switch back to a fairly mediocre, hard to maintain, party buff.

Forget Nova though -- it sucks.

I'm trying to figure out what's the best build. Obviously max out rage and charge, fortify up to 5 at least for the DR and more melee damage.

What's the balance spent on? Do you go into nova to take up to lvl 6 for the combo prime and nothing into apex? (I rarely shoot, all the damage comes from headbutt), or do I take fortify to 6 for that combo prime and max apex training, leaving nova at 1?

I'm leaning towards 6/6/1/6/6. Nova is just not good until it gets the combo option.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

AndrewFL9 posted:

Add my name to the PC origin ID list. Name is AndrewFL9

Loved ME3 multiplayer and just started getting into this one. When it works I love it, just wish more people would use PTT instead of hearing the baby that's crying the whole match.

What do you mean? Do you not love hearing some dude's tinny death metal playing in the background, barely drowned out by the chips he's eating?

I ran 6 bronze matches in a row with two pubbies until that fucker showed up and I had to ditch.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

precision posted:

Other than the turrets to make them easier, their weakspot is when they open up and start charging their big attack. It seems to have way more of a multiplier than any other weakspot.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

MorgaineDax posted:

What do you mean? Do you not love hearing some dude's tinny death metal playing in the background, barely drowned out by the chips he's eating?

I ran 6 bronze matches in a row with two pubbies until that fucker showed up and I had to ditch.

You can mute people really easily. Always mute everyone not on PTT. Mouse over their name in the lobby or the Esc menu in game and press X.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

I'm trying to figure out what's the best build. Obviously max out rage and charge, fortify up to 5 at least for the DR and more melee damage.

What's the balance spent on? Do you go into nova to take up to lvl 6 for the combo prime and nothing into apex? (I rarely shoot, all the damage comes from headbutt), or do I take fortify to 6 for that combo prime and max apex training, leaving nova at 1?

I'm leaning towards 6/6/1/6/6. Nova is just not good until it gets the combo option.

This is my thinking too. Apex isn't anything to write home about (outside the 20% power recharge capstone -- benefits both charge and Fortifybombing), but the prime from Fortify makes Nova's pretty redundant. The small weapon buffs help when dealing with Observers, at least. You could make a case for the shield dump Nova if the ability did reasonable damage because Nova->Charge would just totally ignore the penalty, buuuut the balance is hosed so it's not worth it right now imo.

I haven't maxed the Krogan card yet, so I'm short on Apex levels, but it's already a fun kind of faceroll.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

precision posted:

Their weak spot is the glowy bit in their chest that opens when they're charging up a big attack. It seems to be a bigger modifier than on most enemies, a single Widow II shot on silver takes off about 1/4th it's shield or 1/2 it's health.

But the turrets are the real danger. Once those are gone you can basically ignore it except to dodge the big shot every 30 seconds.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've already put like 30 hours into the MP and nobody on PS4 ever uses their drat mic, even (especially?) when I get bored and start talking because I'm stoned.

The sound of the MP in this game is so useless/repetitive that I really prefer to like, talk to people, otherwise I'm just gonna put on an audiobook while I play.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

precision posted:

The sound of the MP in this game is so useless/repetitive that I really prefer to like, talk to people, otherwise I'm just gonna put on an audiobook while I play.

I listen to pop music. It's a good way to relax and zone out while I drag pugs through gold.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Not super impressed by the various soldier classes so far, but as usual there's the bad weapons/low level caveat. Are either the Asari Sentinel/Adept any good in Gold?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
Trying to level up my vanguard, game crashes to desktop with 3 seconds left in round 7. Start again, get a great silver group. We're just destroying everything, and then I crash to desktop after finishing the objective in round 6. Start again, and I keep getting queued into silvers with a bunch of apex level 0 players running level 1 human soldiers.
:ughh:

Bioware really needs to either fix the crashing bugs, or start giving partial xp/money rewards after each round.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Mango Polo posted:

Not super impressed by the various soldier classes so far, but as usual there's the bad weapons/low level caveat. Are either the Asari Sentinel/Adept any good in Gold?

Asari Adept is amazing. Very tanky and a walking biotic combo.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

I only have the Sentinel at level 11 but she's very good. You can spec energy drain to prime and then use throw to detonate, and backlash is amazing once you put some points into it.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Mango Polo posted:

For the adept, take annihilation field to 6 with shield restore (and I like the 20% damage bonus to stuff in your field), Lance to 6 with use shields instead of cooldown and barrier to 5 with shield restore on melee. Lance and punch everything while regenerating your shield constantly.

For shits and giggles mine has a charger with the melee booster and a Widow for when I can't be bothered to run across the map to kill something. Also observers.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Relentless posted:

For the adept, take annihilation field to 6 with shield restore (and I like the 20% damage bonus to stuff in your field), Lance to 6 with use shields instead of cooldown and barrier to 5 with shield restore on melee. Lance and punch everything while regenerating your shield constantly.

For shits and giggles mine has a charger with the melee booster and a Widow for when I can't be bothered to run across the map to kill something. Also observers.

This is the build I'm using, down to the weapons, and yeah it's pretty drat great.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

precision posted:

e: I do like how when Agents "die" they just teleport out of battle, lol

They don't. That's their decoy.

RaptorChief
Feb 21, 2007

Relentless posted:

You can mute people really easily. Always mute everyone not on PTT. Mouse over their name in the lobby or the Esc menu in game and press X.

Is there a way to mute them in game? When I bring up the scoreboard I can highlight the name and press mute but it doesn't seem to work for me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Digirat posted:

They don't. That's their decoy.

Oh poo poo, mind blown

Mango Polo posted:

Asari Adept is ridiculous. You literally just walk around making everything explode constantly and taking very little damage because what you don't kill you stun. When Hydra types appear, all you have to do is get someone else to pull aggro and she can take it down in seconds.

Sentinel is almost as good, now that I've learned to love Backlash for the Literal Invincibility it is.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

AndrewFL9 posted:

Is there a way to mute them in game? When I bring up the scoreboard I can highlight the name and press mute but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Using the arrow keys to highlight instead of the mouse works for me, for whatever reason.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

precision posted:

Oh poo poo, mind blown

Asari Adept is ridiculous. You literally just walk around making everything explode constantly and taking very little damage because what you don't kill you stun. When Hydra types appear, all you have to do is get someone else to pull aggro and she can take it down in seconds.

Sentinel is almost as good, now that I've learned to love Backlash for the Literal Invincibility it is.

I have a deulist I am working on and I haven't decided between backlash and lance yet - I generally just charge and melee things on that class so neither is really needed. Lance only seems great when I have someone else to prime for me, Backslash seems like it could be awesome but I just haven't been able to make it work so far. What situations/points invested/difficulty do you find that it really shines?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't have Duelist yet, but the ability to Charge at something and then put up a shield seems OP as gently caress.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Loving my juggernaut shield.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Revenant I feels really similar to Charger X, looking forward to getting more ranks for the Revenant.

This is probably a dumb question, but thermal clips are different from standard clip size right? Just trying to figure out which store equipment to buy first.

edit: These loving game crashes went from once every 5 hours or so to once every five matches. They need to fix this poo poo.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 25, 2017

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
I just pubbed 5 gold matches using my Dualist. The host was this Krogan Gladiator that absolutely shredded every enemy. It was insane. He had this biotic aura around him and he would just go up and tank whatever miniboss came out while we all combo'd off the aura. That guy was a machine. And he had a giant hammer.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I am sad that the annihilation field asari took the place of the N7 character that had Kasumi's model. I always thought it looked cool as gently caress.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Biodome posted:

I just pubbed 5 gold matches using my Dualist. The host was this Krogan Gladiator that absolutely shredded every enemy. It was insane. He had this biotic aura around him and he would just go up and tank whatever miniboss came out while we all combo'd off the aura. That guy was a machine. And he had a giant hammer.

Yeah she's pretty nuts, can't wait to unlock her

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm sure they'll get around to recycling adding that model.

Finally finished maxing out most Commons so I'm gonna just buy Specter packs and skip Advanced Packs altogether. When I run out of Revives/Missiles I'll buy some Advanced packs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

precision posted:

I don't have Duelist yet, but the ability to Charge at something and then put up a shield seems OP as gently caress.

I got the Duelist, and she's great.

Her melee locks and teleports on enemies.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I miss the Quarians. And the Volus.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
In the cry pods there is APEX tactics that gives you +15% credits for APEX missions.

Does this apply for strike missions of for multiplayer missions as well?

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Do combos do more damage if the priming/detonating power are higher skill level? I think that's how it worked in part 3.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Thundercloud posted:

In the cry pods there is APEX tactics that gives you +15% credits for APEX missions.

Does this apply for strike missions of for multiplayer missions as well?

No. It's for the single player credit rewards you get from strike teams and apex missions. No bonus mp currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

ShadowHawk posted:

Do combos do more damage if the priming/detonating power are higher skill level? I think that's how it worked in part 3.

Yes. I'm not sure if the modifiers are the same, but they're there.

• Locked thread