Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

incredible game design idea of zelda 2: let the player get all the way to the last two palaces before saying "oh by the way if you missed any of those four magic containers have fun walking all the way back to pick them up so you can get the only magic in the game that lets you defeat the penultimate boss"

i don't think i'm going to finish zelda 2

Eh, just look them up at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ImpAtom posted:

In fact, I'll gladly toxx on it: Call of Duty WWII is going to be one of the best selling games of the year and Titanfall 2 will see no meaningful increase in sales. (With a * that if EA announces Titanfall 2: Championship Edition GoTY package that will probably sell pretty well.) You are not going to see a mass exodus away from Call of Duty because it goes to WW2.

Too vague to be a real Toxx.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Just make a sci-fi FPS with laser guns that make the Garand ping because reasons.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
i played a hell of a lot of day of defeat back in the day

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Also I don't understand why "more mature Zelda" necessarily has to translate to "muted color palette" but I suppose it was the age of your gears of war and such.

Basically the answer to every question about TP is "people freaked the hell out over Wind Waker."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

did they ever officially say yes we made tp the way it is because of ww and the spaceworld demo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i want CoD 1812

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

will it make sense if i haven't played the 1811 other cods hahaha

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

oddium posted:

will it make sense if i haven't played the 1811 other cods hahaha

To someone who never plays any of those games it feels like there actually have been that many.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The Colonel posted:

incredible game design idea of zelda 2: let the player get all the way to the last two palaces before saying "oh by the way if you missed any of those four magic containers have fun walking all the way back to pick them up so you can get the only magic in the game that lets you defeat the penultimate boss"

i don't think i'm going to finish zelda 2

I think that might be exactly why i didn't finish it back in the day.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Call of Duty and Kingdom Hearts are two game series I will never understand the appeal of

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I think with new tech and modern art direction a world War 2 game doesn't have to be brown and flat anymore and could actually be ok but if it's just Inglorious Basterds the game, I'm super cool with that too. This is my hot take amen.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

oddium posted:

did they ever officially say yes we made tp the way it is because of ww and the spaceworld demo

They didn't go "yes, we did it explicitly because of that but it's pretty blatant when they talk about the Zelda cycle.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Iwata-As...cle-807184.html

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I played a world war 2 shooter once, it was pretty cool, it was called medal of honor frontline and I liked it except it was too difficult so I cheated through it because I'm not good with most console fps games

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Was Frontline the one that had everyone crapping their pants over how good the Normandy Beach sequence was? That's the only one of those games I've ever played and yeah it was pretty fun!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
CoD1 on PC was sort of Counterstrike with a WW2 skin but that wasn't a totally bad thing and it was real fun. The only other ones I played for any significant length of time were World at War and Black Ops 3 and they were both also really fun. Good games.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I don't know about that, but I do remember how cool it felt storming through the one level during operation market garden where you could find random civilians that would try to help you out, and the Arnhem Knights level was pretty great, too.

The submarine raid was where things got too tough for me though and I started cheating through. There was a mine cart rail shooter later on that was pretty silly haha

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

bloodychill posted:

CoD1 on PC was sort of Counterstrike with a WW2 skin but that wasn't a totally bad thing and it was real fun. The only other ones I played for any significant length of time were World at War and Black Ops 3 and they were both also really fun. Good games.

......day..of....defeat......

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
nioh is good, unlike dark souls

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

is it as difficult as bloodborne (for the non souls initiated)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

At the beginning? Yes. By the end? no.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

:yeah:

Dark Souls is Great

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

fridge corn posted:

......day..of....defeat......

My roommate who got me into CoD1 tried to get us both into DoD but it was maybe too realistic? I remember getting frustrated in any case.

fridge corn posted:

It's easier than Bloodborne for sure but still has hard parts and require that you to dig heavily into the game systems to win. Luckily they're fun!

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 25, 2017

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Super Mario Run is finally out for Android as I bought it and it's fun.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/potatojin/status/845704227011866625

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Mak0rz posted:

Super Mario Run is finally out for Android as I bought it and it's fun.

It is pretty good but I'm kinda glad it failed and the switch is like $$$

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The way it shines like a video game collectible after being pooped out is letting me know that you can definitely eat that poop afterward

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1M5vtGLiR8&t=841s

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

an actual dog posted:

It is pretty good but I'm kinda glad it failed and the switch is like $$$

I had plenty of Google Rewards bucks. I technically didn't even pay a cent for it!

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

CJacobs posted:

The way it shines like a video game collectible after being pooped out is letting me know that you can definitely eat that poop afterward

I want to play Home Free so bad.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/PeterMolydeux/status/845709506701131776

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

precision posted:

Was Frontline the one that had everyone crapping their pants over how good the Normandy Beach sequence was? That's the only one of those games I've ever played and yeah it was pretty fun!

Yeah but Allied Assault had one that blew it out of the water imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5f-VKEq0JA

For comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD01yVeogzw

I remember CoD1's campaign being really good for the time. Biggest thing I remember it having was a bunch of squad mates that would fight with you outside of scripted sequences. Did a great job of making you feel like a small part of a large battle.

EDIT: ADS was really cool too

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Maybe one day a video game will realize that Gold, Juno, and Sword were also important beaches in the Normandy landing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i feel like e3 2017's big trainwreck will be peter molyneux returning to gaming. i have no real proof of it it's just like an innate sense

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Bring back will wright

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
God, I hope not.

edit: Derek Smart

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

I don't know who either of those people are

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Molyneux is where reading fc play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

plz dont pull out posted:

Yeah but Allied Assault had one that blew it out of the water imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5f-VKEq0JA

For comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD01yVeogzw

I remember CoD1's campaign being really good for the time. Biggest thing I remember it having was a bunch of squad mates that would fight with you outside of scripted sequences. Did a great job of making you feel like a small part of a large battle.

EDIT: ADS was really cool too

COD1's Russian campaign was definitely the best part. And yeah, a modern day Normandy landing could be absolutely thrilling and harrowing.

• Locked thread