Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Get hosed

edit: you loving morons it's just a jungle corridor not the baron pit

Savage Cracker fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

no u

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
C9 seem to only win games because the other teams just decide to become smoothbrained after 20 minutes

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Some things just never change.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

henkman posted:

C9 seem to only win games because the other teams just decide to become smoothbrained after 20 minutes

Perhaps LS was right all along........................................

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't know what LS said, but maybe he was

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
That was the most NA LCS game.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

henkman posted:

Seriously Dignitas looked so much better than C9 its not even funny. The only reason they won is because Jensen was super consistent and Ray/Impact had a few good teamfights despite being behind. I think if Dig keep improving they can beat C9. The first game was a massive throw and probably tilted Dig, lod was 100% tilted in the second game.

I am really down on C9 right now. They are top3 or top2 but their play is so passive and relies on enemy to throw at baron multiple times. IMT/Dig have way better wins than c9 but they always have one big mistake per game which C9 doesn't do.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

JerryLee posted:

That was the most NA LCS game.

Fly and Echofox are so poo poo. Balls, Altec and Froggen look like decent players. Balls has looked good on carry tops like Rumble/Camille and tanks. This game he kinda got camped in a bad matchup and had some brainfarts in teamfights. Altec has always done well imo even when Flyquest were getting 0-2 by everyone. Froggen its the same story since Alliance got Kabbum'd he is never lucky with his teammates. Looper looks ok but definitely not worth an import. I mean atleast he isn't bad like KFO.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Ulio posted:

and had some brainfarts in teamfights.

Yeah, I was watching multiple times when he went way too deep.

In fact, you could say he went...

(sunglasses)

Balls deep.

edit: Singed? Okay, this game suddenly has my attention.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The Immovable Wrists vs The Uncoachable Imports, who will win

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If I was a coach against flyquest i'd huddle my team up and tell them this: dont die early to moons dumb rear end cheese poo poo, win all your lanes because their players are bad, then walk to baron at 22 minutes exactly and wipe them.

Khaba
Oct 29, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

If I was a coach against flyquest i'd huddle my team up and tell them this: dont die early to moons dumb rear end cheese poo poo, win all your lanes because their players are bad, then walk to baron at 22 minutes exactly and wipe them.

Keith would take that to heart and face check something first and die instantly.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Well, it's around 20 minutes and Flyquest have a small but meaningful advantage, so the next 5 minutes ought to be fairly tragic

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

There's something comforting in knowing that no matter what advantages EchoFox gets, you can be confident that they will lose.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 25, 2017

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Khaba posted:

Keith would take that to heart and face check something first and die instantly.

Everytime Echofox plays I have to poo poo on Keith also. Why the gently caress is he down 70cs to Varus as Ez? Man Keith is probably the worst player in LCS right now. There are many bad players but he has the highest potential to lose you the game.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

My main problem with Flyquest is that every time I see their logo my brain is momentarily tricked into trying to figure out which Pokemon it is.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Riv is so annoying to listen to. He needs a speech teacher or something because everytime he talks I want to kill someone.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Party in the Bramble Pit

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Taiwan's president met with Flash Wolves and has become a big fan of E-Sports :unsmith:

Former Najin player Cain is the new Team Liquid coach. :smith:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Never thought I'd see Jinx in a pro game this year (LGD's ADC versus Newbee in game 3).

Edit: changed channels to see what was happening in Samsung vs SKT just in time to see Samsung win game 3. SKT were looking rather distraught post-game.

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Mar 25, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Cheap Trick posted:

Edit: changed channels to see what was happening in Samsung vs SKT just in time to see Samsung win game 3. SKT were looking rather distraught post-game.

It wasn't game 3, that was game 2. Samsung just 2-0'd SKT. Yeah, the Samsung/SKT game is worth a watch.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

njsykora posted:

It wasn't game 3, that was game 2. Samsung just 2-0'd SKT.

Whoops, I messed up. Was thinking of LGD vs NBG. But yeah, not every day SKT get bodied like that.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ulio posted:

Froggen its the same story since forever he is never lucky with his teammates.

FTFY

I don't think Froggen ever had team mates who were near his level, but Keith is pulling one big Wickd Kayle revival show this split

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Samsung rolled over SKT but I still think SKT are favorites for the whole thing because of their seeding, they basically only have to win 1 best of 5 to win the whole thing.

I remember Crown saying the interview before the worlds finals that the only way to beat SKT is through the middle. Crown always holds his own vs Faker throughout the game which I think is a game factor why Samsung won. Haru and the SSG botlane played really well too today.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Froggen picked his Alliance team and went to bat for Wickd, did he not? I have no sympathy for that man.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Jayisspecial posted:

Froggen picked his Alliance team and went to bat for Wickd, did he not? I have no sympathy for that man.

most of the players he actually wanted to get for alliance they couldn't go with in the end. i think his only first choice was shook, who had his moments

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I am not sure but I think he wanted to get Edward but Edward didn't want to play with Wickd because he thought wickd was a bad player.

I forgot who the toplaner they wanted to get was... I think it was Jwaow or Zorozero not sure though. Jwaow was also pretty hyped up back then in the EU scene and he did play for Elements but never lived up to the hype.

The Alliance roster was actually pretty good. Wick/Nyph were meh but Froggen/Tabzz were a consistent core with Shook going off from time to time. Then after they got kabbumed they brought in Rekkles and on paper the roster had great players. Rekkles and Froggen were considered probably the best for their roles during that era. They managed to avoid relegations with a cameo by Krepo as their support and Nyph becoming the coach.

Behind the scenes and from Thoorin reflections its seems there was a rift between Froggen and Wickd/Shook. The management took Froggen's side and those 2 got booted off. So their roster went from Wick/Shook/Froggen/Rekkles/Krepo to Jwaow/Dexter/Froggen/Tabzz/Nyph. Somehow that team didn't even make it to relegations but Forgiven/Betsy/Cabochard/Sven/Fox/Freeze/Shook were all in relegations.
Also thats the split deilor received a weekly mvp award lol. Because EU LCS broadcast team just gave weekly mvp awards to every fnatic member.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
it's pretty funny that now TL have tsm's adc and c9's assistant coach. if they get relegated and then the league is franchised just like they always wanted i'm gonna cum

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

it's pretty funny that now TL have tsm's adc and c9's assistant coach. if they get relegated and then the league is franchised just like they always wanted i'm gonna cum

Imagine they get knocked out by Fenix and the rest of GCU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
CBLOL semifinals starting now. INTZ vs. Keyd

http://twitch.tv/riotgamesbrazil

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Fenix is a good mid laner

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Fenix is a good mid laner

But is he better than World Champion Reformed Piglet ???

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Vitality somehow about to 2-1 H2K. I always thought Vit had good players just really bad synergy.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ulio posted:

Vitality somehow about to 2-1 H2K. I always thought Vit had good players just really bad synergy.

About that...

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Ulio posted:

Nukeduck :psyduck:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Whoops almost won a game regular style everyone do a dumb rear end base race for no reason

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Ulio posted:

I am not sure but I think he wanted to get Edward but Edward didn't want to play with Wickd because he thought wickd was a bad player.

I forgot who the toplaner they wanted to get was... I think it was Jwaow or Zorozero not sure though. Jwaow was also pretty hyped up back then in the EU scene and he did play for Elements but never lived up to the hype.

The Alliance roster was actually pretty good. Wick/Nyph were meh but Froggen/Tabzz were a consistent core with Shook going off from time to time. Then after they got kabbumed they brought in Rekkles and on paper the roster had great players. Rekkles and Froggen were considered probably the best for their roles during that era. They managed to avoid relegations with a cameo by Krepo as their support and Nyph becoming the coach.

Behind the scenes and from Thoorin reflections its seems there was a rift between Froggen and Wickd/Shook. The management took Froggen's side and those 2 got booted off. So their roster went from Wick/Shook/Froggen/Rekkles/Krepo to Jwaow/Dexter/Froggen/Tabzz/Nyph. Somehow that team didn't even make it to relegations but Forgiven/Betsy/Cabochard/Sven/Fox/Freeze/Shook were all in relegations.
Also thats the split deilor received a weekly mvp award lol. Because EU LCS broadcast team just gave weekly mvp awards to every fnatic member.

Well thanks for al of that. I guess I will feel a little sorry for Froggen. What is the team he deserves, though? I think TSM and C9 both have better mid laners so at best you're maybe popping him into CLG. Honestly, he'd probably make it into a top EU team if he went back home. He is very consistent.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
stixxay appears to have died or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Schnorkles posted:

stixxay appears to have died or something

No matter. Aphro will lock in Draven and proceed to 1v5

• Locked thread