Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MisterBibs posted:

The best part about it isn't that it's just "a meteor", it's the thing that killed off all the dinosaurs.

E: oops, hosed up the formatting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oscar Isaac for nu-Snake.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27 posted:

Oscar Isaac for nu-Snake.

Hell yeah.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Only if he actually climbs the ladder.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Only if he actually climbs the ladder.

A ten minute ladder climb improves anything.

I wonder if the Escape from New York remake would speed up production of the MGS movie. Who they cast for that Snake is less important than who they cast for Revolver Ocelot.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Detective No. 27 posted:

I wonder if the Escape from New York remake would speed up production of the MGS movie. Who they cast for that Snake is less important than who they cast for Revolver Ocelot.

Jean Claude Van Damme.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

A pair of performances at The Church of Coen. I thought somebody might appreciate these.

Way Out There
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyE81Y2gF0Y

Down in the Willow Grove
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yntutAB70l8

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Jean Claude Van Damme.

I just had a patron check out 6 JCVD movies (she was particularly excited about timecop) and mentioned that she had the JCVD app.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Coffee And Pie posted:

I just had a patron check out 6 JCVD movies (she was particularly excited about timecop) and mentioned that she had the JCVD app.

She rules.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The WGA voted for an authorization of a strike against the AMPTP.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Coffee And Pie posted:

What were the other 5? I gotta know.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What were the other 5? I gotta know.

It doesn't matter, they're all great.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

The WGA voted for an authorization of a strike against the AMPTP.

Looking forward to incredibly poo poo franchise films in two years.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxixDgHUYw

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Power Rangers is a pretty good John Hughes rip off and then it becomes a CGI superhero movie.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Not sure where I'm going to be living next week and am currently doing my best to keep looking through places between doing stuff to calm myself down so I don't just lie on the floor and hyperventilate wooooooo!

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

glam rock hamhock posted:

Not sure where I'm going to be living next week and am currently doing my best to keep looking through places between doing stuff to calm myself down so I don't just lie on the floor and hyperventilate wooooooo!

Pretty much every move (six) I've had here in Seattle has been a living nightmare of overpacked open houses, people with bike racks on their walls advertising for roommates with "healthy lifestyles", and incessant ghosting after friendly, positive conversations about move-in dates. It loving sucks hardcore and I'll be glad when I finally come across some sort of stability. I feel worse for my dad, who has to move out of the house he thought would be an eventually-passed-down family home, and has now moved as many times as there are years he's been alive.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

This looks awffffffffffful, like a poor video game announcement trailer.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Skwirl posted:

Looking forward to incredibly poo poo franchise films

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
the spider-man homecoming suit is dope

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'd it went different than the Civil War one?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Baron von Eevl posted:

I'd it went different than the Civil War one?

people are complaining about ti so i assumed they changed something

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think purely for marketing bullshit, every character has changes to their outfit in every movie.

Just because.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nah it looks pretty bad.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I saw some posters, it sure looks like Spider Man.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Death By The Blues posted:

Nah it looks pretty bad.

i mean it's literally the classic spider-man suit but with like extra delineation around the shoulders hands and feet in the form of extra blue

that's it

it's fine

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Death By The Blues posted:

This looks awffffffffffful, like a poor video game announcement trailer.

Looks okay to me except for some dodgy CGI on Cyborg, which may be a "we're still working on it" thing. (Though blending a real face and CGI costume is never easy, if that's indeed what they're doing.)

Well that and if those are parademons and this is all some New Gods poo poo then it needs to look like 1000% more Kirby.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Some of batmans movements as well and those god awful poorly rendered 2d "sets". Looks incredibly cheap for such an expensive movie.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

That opening shot is really pretty.

That's all I got.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Snyder really loves his horsies.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i was thinking about doing one of those movie lists that everyone was doing the other day but then i realized my pick for 1990, starting the whole thing off, was cartoon all-stars to the rescue

so i stopped

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
The new Spider-man costume looks fine. It looks more like tights than what most modern superheroes wear, but that's fine and seems fitting.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i was thinking about doing one of those movie lists that everyone was doing the other day but then i realized my pick for 1990, starting the whole thing off, was cartoon all-stars to the rescue

so i stopped

tbh i'm not sure why cartoon all-stars to the rescue (1990, negative cutter dennis brookins) doesn't have a criterion release already

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

glam rock hamhock posted:

The new Spider-man costume looks fine. It looks more like tights than what most modern superheroes wear, but that's fine and seems fitting.

It's definitely better than what he's rocking in the comics.

chrome-plated glows in the dark special edition neon glow Spider-man! With special belt-points-at-dick action!

Or how about this winner from the latest video game

Or this monstrosity

Biodome posted:

MKUltra makes me think of Mortal Kombat Ultra, which I don't think is a real thing.

:same:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I don't really see what's wrong with any of those. Except the like, robot spiders legs one.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Iron Spider is a dope design tho

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"Organic and biomechatronic body parts. He's a cyborg!"

Remember that time when Mark Hamill told George Lucas "George, you can write this, but you can't say it."?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Sounded like ADR may not be in the movie.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gonz posted:

Remember that time when Mark Hamill told George Lucas "George, you can write this, but you can't say it."?

That was Ford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

CPL593H posted:

When he showed his peen in Velvet Goldmine no one knew he was going to do that because it wasn't in the script and he wasn't asked to do it.

I was already planning on seeing Velvet Goldmine but it just rocketed up my list.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Watching the "Channel Criswell" analysis of Taxi Driver was rly helpful for me in terms of understanding why I've always had trouble uhh, directly connecting(?) with that movie. Which I think is just that at this point in my life I don't have an understanding of how someone can reject other people wholesale or feel the way Travis does towards others. That sort of misanthropy just feels alien to me, Travis's responses to the world don't make sense to me and I completely struggle to find any point of connection with them.
I figure its something I'll appreciate more w/ time

Were you never an alienated, socially awkward teen who let their loneliness fester into resentment?

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd like to see Jeff Bridges try a Russian cowboy accent.

I Before E fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 25, 2017

• Locked thread