Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

inferis posted:

Using dumb to mean something bad or undesirable is ableist language.

You're dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

With all the freedom you have with the Switch, it almost feels wrong to play it in handheld mode

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Kirios posted:

If Overwatch is worth 60 dollars Splatoon 2 surely is.

I paid 35 dollars for Overwatch and that's probably how much I'd pay for this game. Though, I'm also kind of done with Overwatch, so I might not get this one at all.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

C-SPAN Caller posted:

No way they don't include a single player, I legit need shooting practice because of how different this game is from normal shooters to play.

And yeah single player is confirmed, it's set two years after the first campaign.

in the first one, they also had a useful test range so im sure this will return

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

LethalGeek posted:

You're dumb

There's no reason to use ad hominem attacks here

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

ethanol posted:

I dunno if I wanna pay full price for it

Full price is a deal!

This is such a tiny preview, there will be much more value in the full game. Single player in the original was surprisingly fun, Ranked Battle modes are like twice as fun as Turf Wars, there will be dozens of guns, along with many more levels, and there's a whole aspect of mixing and matching clothes with different boosts to your character.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
They better not replace best girls

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

See Overwatch was a 40 dollar game, and only had multiplayer, and this game is going to have more maps at start than just 5 like originally, right? Plus it's going to have singleplayer. Seems fair to me. Not to mention splatfests/updates throughout the lifespan of the system most likely until they work on the third one.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kashuno posted:

They better not replace best girls

The trailer had Marie standing alone and looking wistfully into the distance. Nintendo was quickly forced to put out a tweet that said, Yes, Callie is also in the game.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Bum the Sad posted:

Just a heads up goons. The iPad charger brick puts out enough power to up your battery while playing Zelda.

Macintosh HD posted:

I'd just like to add that there are a few different iPad charges floating around. There's a 10W and a 12W variant. Sounds like enojy is describing the 12W one.

Yeah I just checked all four of my iPad bricks (I collect them for some reason when ever I get a beat buy or Apple Store cert) and they say 12 watts. If there are 10watts they must be from the iPad 1 era or something.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Anyone else have to restart their switch for it to recognize a new game cartridge being inserted?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Do any stores have this piece of poo poo system in stock yet, I want to spend an inordinate amount of money buying it drat it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/aoing_z/status/845496010088431616

DalaranJ posted:

The trailer had Marie standing alone and looking wistfully into the distance. Nintendo was quickly forced to put out a tweet that said, Yes, Callie is also in the game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Gimbal lock posted:

Is it ableist that a game meant to pit your dexterity against other people might not work out too well against people whose hand dexterity is completely shot (regardless of its reasons)?

Just the post I was initially responding to came across like it was making fun of people who maybe have mobility issues.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Tender Bender posted:

My actual complaint about motion controls is that they're the only way to wave around metal boxes fast enough to hurt dudes in BotW, and it's tough to reliably do it horizontally with detached joycons and seems impossible when attached in handheld mode.

Chiming to say that this is completely untrue @ motion controls being the only way to wave boxes fast enough to hurt enemies. I used magnet to pick up things to trample enemies with like all the time with the normal controls. When I tested just now, the only real benefit I found with motion controls was you could get a some hits slightly faster from 0 momentum, but it's a pretty slight difference if you are playing smart. You can use the analogue sticks just fine.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Gimbal lock posted:

Not an artist, huh? People who learn to draw entirely on anime end up with a lot of problems that are hard to shake off later.

If you're unhappy with analogies, consider that there's plenty of solid sources out there with proof that dual-stick users, on equal ground, get wrecked by mouse and keyboard users. Once you get used to them, the gyro controls gets a lot closer to mouse controls than the joysticks ever could.

i think comparing gyro to mouse is a bit silly, its really nothing like using a mouse at all on accuracy and not "better" than analogs, but people who dont have years of twitchy fps style aiming experience on analogs will probably get on a lot better with gyro and it will feel a lot better to them than just dual analogs which is obviously great! its always good when more people can enjoy something! :)

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Gyro is more accurate than analog sticks for the same reason the mouse is more accurate than analog sticks; it's a 1:1 input and your crosshair will end up aiming at the same point if you bring the controller to the same position regardless of the path it takes. With a mouse or gyro, you're controlling the position directly, whereas with an analog stick, you're controlling the speed of the crosshair, and the position only indirectly, so it requires visual feedback to see where the crosshair is moving, which is a less accurate process.

Mouse is more accurate than gyro because you have a rigid surface to brace against instead of needing to wiggle your hands in the air.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Hopefully there'll eventually be a third party Switch mouse for people to get super butthurt over.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Got a chance to get a Switch from Fry's I reckon I'm gonna try for. Does it come with a way to charge without the dock, or do I need to buy a separate adapter?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Got a chance to get a Switch from Fry's I reckon I'm gonna try for. Does it come with a way to charge without the dock, or do I need to buy a separate adapter?

Just get a usb c charger and make sure it's not too cheap or was verified by the chrome book guy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Ciaphas posted:

The adapter that connects to the dock is the same one you can buy separately, it's just annoying to have to disconnect it from the dock and whatnot.

Is the Splatoon testfire seriously only at certain hours of the day? Come on Nintendo, just run this poo poo the whole loving weekend.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Lemming posted:

Gyro is more accurate than analog sticks for the same reason the mouse is more accurate than analog sticks; it's a 1:1 input and your crosshair will end up aiming at the same point if you bring the controller to the same position regardless of the path it takes. With a mouse or gyro, you're controlling the position directly, whereas with an analog stick, you're controlling the speed of the crosshair, and the position only indirectly, so it requires visual feedback to see where the crosshair is moving, which is a less accurate process.

Mouse is more accurate than gyro because you have a rigid surface to brace against instead of needing to wiggle your hands in the air.

if you feel like gyro is more accurate for you because of these reasons thats really good and im glad you find it useful! but i played a decent chuck of the original splatoon as well as a bunch of vita games which had gyro support and it genuinely made no difference and i could do absolutely fine on just sticks! in fact i even preferred it! however i think its really good both options are available so everyone can use the playstyle they prefer :)

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
How do you browse the eShop? I can only see the latest releases.
E.g. I can't find Snipperclips by browsing I have to search for it by name.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmao if you own a switch and dont get splatoon 2

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I wish Splatoon 2 test fire had a sandbox mode where I could dick around with the controls until I tweak them to where I'm comfortable and good with them because in the 2 hours I've played I've yet to get a good handle on the game mainly because I'm fighting against the controls.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

eonwe posted:

lmao if you own a switch and dont get every 1st party Nintendo game

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
of course though using sticks over gyro still will probably only work if you really seriously play a lot of console shooters and have a bunch of experience in them! i know ive said that already but i just want to make it clear because it seems like some people are confused about what im saying... i play a lot of fps/shooters, including stuff like maining pharah on overwatch (she uses a rocket launcher which involves lots of predictive shots so obviously using her a lot gives you a lot of practice at aiming on sticks without aim assist!) and it really only applies if you have the same amount of experience on sticks, otherwise you are probably better off with the gyro :)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tried playing Zelda and Splatoon with separated joy cons today and it's weird and awkward to me. Not sure I'll get used to it but I love having the option.:thumbsup:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Stux posted:

of course though using sticks over gyro still will probably only work if you really seriously play a lot of console shooters and have a bunch of experience in them! i know ive said that already but i just want to make it clear because it seems like some people are confused about what im saying... i play a lot of fps/shooters, including stuff like maining pharah on overwatch (she uses a rocket launcher which involves lots of predictive shots so obviously using her a lot gives you a lot of practice at aiming on sticks without aim assist!) and it really only applies if you have the same amount of experience on sticks, otherwise you are probably better off with the gyro :)

I'm top 7% in Destiny on ps4 and gyro is way better than only using stick control in Splatoon, your argument is really weird

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Putting a smiley face at the end of a post doesn't ever make it seem friendly. It can turn the nicest of messages into something obnoxiously smug immediately :)

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

deadwing posted:

I'm top 7% in Destiny on ps4 and gyro is way better than only using stick control in Splatoon, your argument is really weird

well im top 3% in ps4 pharah players and play with aim assist off! but is saying that relevant here or just trying to one up someone for e-credit? i dont know why you're trying to make this some weird bragging contest or be hostile over someone having a preference for control schemes? doesnt seem very productive and like you are just trying to cause an argument over something thats really very minor when all im saying is stick only is very viable if thats what youve played a lot of! its good that both styles are accommodated and everyone should use whatever they feel works best for them, but if heavy stick players are having trouble or dont like the gyro they shouldnt let that put them off the game because stick only can also work! everyone can have fun!!

edit: ^^ noted, i'll stop! i just think people are misreading me and acting very hostile towards someone simply expressing a preference so i was just trying to soften up my posts in case it was my tone that was doing it!

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Some people like to use motion controls, some people like to use only joysticks, it comes down to preference. Hope this helps.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

how does gyro even work with separated joycons?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Actually I'm the God of Games and I say play with whatever setup feels the most comfortable to you, and gives you a good K/D ratio, because honestly who gives a gently caress how someone plays as long as they enjoy playing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

chaleski posted:

Some people like to use motion controls, some people like to use only joysticks, it comes down to preference. Hope this helps.

Infinitum posted:

Actually I'm the God of Games and I say play with whatever setup feels the most comfortable to you, and gives you a good K/D ratio, because honestly who gives a gently caress how someone plays as long as they enjoy playing.

:yeah:

theres no need to try and argue about it when its all down to preference! just have fun with whatever works for you!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Pants Donkey posted:

As I understand it, the right joycon is the one that matters. I hope they allow you to change this in the future because southpaws might find it easier with the left.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pants Donkey posted:

You use the right joycon.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
should i play golf on my nintendo switch

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Binding of Isaac's instruction book is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

should i play golf on my nintendo switch

I asked this earlier and no one answered. Is it a good chill out game?

• Locked thread