Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

veni veni veni posted:

I actually feel like a i project my annoyance onto the actual game sometimes because of how irritating some goons are about Neir.

I'm like this with Zelda, it's a lovely attitude to have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Zelda is probably the least interesting pop culture phenomenon the world has ever known. I'm so disinterested I can hardly type this sentence.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Zelda is probably the least interesting pop culture phenomenon the world has ever known. I'm so disinterested I can hardly type this sentence.

I respect that they are good games but the fanatical "Send death threats to reviewers" mentality around it seems somewhat extreme compared to other franchises.

I only finished LTTP and put one hour into 2 and Ocarina though

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Zelda, like a lot of videogames, is pretty good and fun.

Fans who get hyper loving defensive/dismissive about any criticism of it, or of videogames in general, are huge assholes.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I keep tricking myself into getting interested in games that goons like despite my instincts then getting annoyed that I listened to goon opinion. Now I hate all of you.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
If we're talking about insane fanbases in the PS4 thread remember when the Witcher thread turned into a defense of slavery. Not, like, in Fantasy Rome but in real life.

edit:

Manatee Cannon posted:

that's insane; when did it happen?

It was very soon after the game's release/early in the thread's life. Admittedly it might have just been one crazy poster.

mycot fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 25, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's insane; when did it happen?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I could give a poo poo about Zelda as a cultural phenomenon, I like some of the games and I don't care much for others but BOTW is a ridiculously good game. It definetly has one of the most insane fanbases out there though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

mycot posted:

If we're talking about insane fanbases in the PS4 thread remember when the Witcher thread turned into a defense of slavery. Not, like, in Fantasy Rome but in real life.

:allears:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

FishBulb posted:

I'm going to solve that problem by never getting Neir.

exquisite tea posted:

Seems like they enjoy games more than most.

veni veni veni posted:

I actually feel like a i project my annoyance onto the actual game sometimes because of how irritating some goons are about Neir.

Once again, Games posters prove that they don't actually like games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Pablo Gigante posted:

Once again, Games posters prove that they don't actually like games

I don't 'like' things.

I express interest in the essential constructs of, and/or, emotionally invest myself in them.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

veni veni veni posted:

I could give a poo poo about Zelda as a cultural phenomenon, I like some of the games and I don't care much for others but BOTW is a ridiculously good game. It definetly has one of the most insane fanbases out there though.

I wish I enjoyed more aspects of that game. I think Alex is taking the best approaching and playing it in short bursts - enough to get something out of it but not to be annoyed by some of the crappier mechanics.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I don't 'like' things.

I express interest in the essential constructs of, and/or, emotionally invest myself in them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I know, right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I don't 'like' things.

Thread title please

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is pretty weak

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Thread title please

It was a feint, but I'm honored. :downsgun:

Pablo Gigante posted:

This is pretty weak

Depends on how earnest your last three posts were.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If only the thread title could be Lisa's condescending look, it would perfectly capture the essence of this thread.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I don't 'like' things.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I vote for just "I don't 'like' things".

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I have the Jackbox Party Bundle from a previous promotion. I guess it's just Pack 1 and 2 combined, right? If I download Pack 3, does it add into this base game like DLC, or is it entirely separate?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's a separate game

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Crows Turn Off posted:

I have the Jackbox Party Bundle from a previous promotion. I guess it's just Pack 1 and 2 combined, right? If I download Pack 3, does it add into this base game like DLC, or is it entirely separate?

No all 3 packs have different games with NO overlap.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

bloodychill posted:

If only the thread title could be Lisa's condescending look, it would perfectly capture the essence of this thread.

Well, I'll tell you one thing, I don't 'like' thread titles.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games are good this thread is bad

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Thread needs more grumpy cat and pewdiepie to spice it up.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

You guys are dumb if you buy a smart TV plus big brother spying on you

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

exquisite tea posted:

The Horizon audio logs get a little infodumpy in places but you'll soon discover there's very valid reasons why they're all found scattered around the ruins in this area of the world.

To be fair, there's also very valid reasons why some of them are infodumpy too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

This thread is great if you compare it to the xbone one. At least in here we talk about videogames (because the PS4 actually has good videogames).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Would that it were so simple.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Guillermus posted:

This thread is great if you compare it to the xbone one. At least in here we talk about videogames (because the PS4 actually has good videogames).
I can go months without even thinking a split second about the xbox one. Are games still coming out for it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It still gets multiplats, I think it's had like one exclusive game this year (Halo Wars 2) which probably on PC too because that's how it works now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I used to think that the ps3 wasted its last gen advantage, but the xbox one has shown me what truly squandering your potential fanbase looks like

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Exclusively on Xbox One and Windows 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Are there any exclusives for it that didn't come to PC except Halo 5 & Sunset Overdrive because I can't think of any more. By far my worst console purchase ever since they announced play anywhere like a month later and dropped it another $100.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

:gas:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Obsurveyor posted:

Are there any exclusives for it that didn't come to PC except Halo 5 & Sunset Overdrive because I can't think of any more. By far my worst console purchase ever since they announced play anywhere like a month later and dropped it another $100.

univbee has the full list. the only real desireable game on it is rare replay

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Guillermus posted:

Bb and dark souls?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

I used to think that the ps3 wasted its last gen advantage, but the xbox one has shown me what truly squandering your potential fanbase looks like

If anything, the PS3 generation is one of the reasons PS4 is so great right now, because western devs were forced to fill the vacuum left by Japanese devs who couldn't do poo poo on that system. Sony basically had to shift their portfolio emphasis to devs like Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Sucker Punch, and Insomniac in order to push the potential of a system that was notoriously difficult to develop for. All those studios were key in the middleware R&D network that is so strong in Sony's camp today, and they all share tech.

With the Japanese devs returning in droves on the PS4 due to a studio culture shake-up we basically get the best of both worlds, strong exclusives from all hemispheres. It's actually kind of awesome to watch. The last time this happened was back on the original playstation, and even though many of my all time favorites were on that system...games these days stand the test of time a hell of a lot better than they did at the end of the Golden Era, since the early 3D home titles looked so transitional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

If anything, the PS3 generation is one of the reasons PS4 is so great right now, because western devs were forced to fill the vacuum left by Japanese devs who couldn't do poo poo on that system. Sony basically had to shift their portfolio emphasis to devs like Naughty Dog, Guerilla, Sucker Punch, and Insomniac in order to push the potential of a system that was notoriously difficult to develop for. All those studios were key in the middleware R&D network that is so strong in Sony's camp today, and they all share tech.

With the Japanese devs returning in droves on the PS4 due to a studio culture shake-up we basically get the best of both worlds, strong exclusives from all hemispheres. It's actually kind of awesome to watch. The last time this happened was back on the original playstation, and even though many of my all time favorites were on that system...games these days stand the test of time a hell of a lot better than they did at the end of the Golden Era, since the early 3D home titles looked so transitional.

One could argue that playstation 2 was just as strong. You got Jax and Daxter and the Rachet and Clank games. And we know the PS2 probably has the highest number of actually good games, just because it sold just about the most consoles as well as probably the most software titles sold in total.