Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

vOv posted:

Now I want a 'closet' vault that's just a door with a 2x2 room with a hat, gloves, a robe, and boots.

and a skeleton

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Samog posted:

and a skeleton

All the monsters that changed gender

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

vOv posted:

Now I want a 'closet' vault that's just a door with a 2x2 room with a hat, gloves, a robe, and boots.

No joke this vault, so long as it spawns relatively early, would be super useful and rule a lot. A fine idea.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Actually I kind of want to do different layouts for each of the body shapes with weights depending on how often they get played. So you'd have a 5% chance for naga bardings instead of boots or whatever.

... maybe I'll actually bother learning the vault description language and file a bug or whatever it is you do to get new vaults ingame.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Make a closet vault for each unique in the dungeon that has gear they would use in it.

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

The closet should have a 'species' lich inside it and use the player lichform tiles.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Mu. posted:

Bultungin.

This is actually a really cool name, it's either this or Mountain Gnoll. Bu also has a lot of pun combo potential!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'd shorten it to Bultun personally.

Or maybe call them Anubis if you want people to get what they are supposed to be from the name alone.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

I'd shorten it to Bultun personally.

Or maybe call them Anubis if you want people to get what they are supposed to be from the name alone.

More like Anoobis.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Floodkiller posted:

Bikeshedding question: Cyno, Gnoll, or something else? If Gnoll, pick an arbitrary adjective (ex. Forest Gnoll/FG, can't start with D or O) to add to the name; Gn is taken by Gnomes and will mess up Scoring if used.

High Elf. This is not a joke, you just have to replace the scent thing! It'd be perfect!!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
you would also have to make cyno's gimmick into something totally different so that it fit with the flavor of a high elf

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

IronicDongz posted:

you would also have to make cyno's gimmick into something totally different so that it fit with the flavor of a high elf

I'm not sure you meant it but this definitely sounds ironic with the Ogre discussions going on here and in Tavern

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
idk what that means but I really don't think "bad at raising skills beyond a certain point" is elf-y at all

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
There's no reason to call anything high elves if they aren't actually filling the niche that high elves did. I mean if I wanted to play as a stupid elf I can still roll a deep elf. I miss them for their apts, not flavor.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders

IronicDongz posted:

idk what that means but I really don't think "bad at raising skills beyond a certain point" is elf-y at all

Basically a bulk of the opposition to "new ogre" is that ogres not excelling at using clubs feels not very ogre-ish, I just thought it was funny and not meant to be a jab at you or anything :shobon:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

apple posted:

Basically a bulk of the opposition to "new ogre" is that ogres not excelling at using clubs feels not very ogre-ish, I just thought it was funny and not meant to be a jab at you or anything :shobon:

It's ok everyone, just calm down. I realize tensions are enflamed lately and everyone is trying to not upset anyone, but let's all not let dpeg's big butt hurt baby flameout ruin this thread's ability to make and take jokes. He's already ruining crawl, don't let him ruin the crawl thread too!

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I miss Pakellas

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

IronicDongz posted:

Well early d&d had that as an elf flavor, it was just coming at the reasoning from the entirely opposite direction.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

IronicDongz posted:

They're genius polymaths who rapidly get bored and nope out when it's time to take something seriously. It's elves as privileged dilettantes who aren't really built or inclined to dig in and go the distance. As a bonus, the ability to easily raise a bunch of seemingly unrelated skills to deece levels from early on makes skald or reaver type characters start out smoother, which of course were kind of high elf "things".

All you need to do is swap item scent with like, a free pip of MR or slightly higher mana or something.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Internet Kraken posted:

There's no reason to call anything high elves if they aren't actually filling the niche that high elves did. I mean if I wanted to play as a stupid elf I can still roll a deep elf. I miss them for their apts, not flavor.

Yep

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
If they're elves, make them Forest elves or zeta elves. Don't mess up the HE legacy.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I just want a vanilla ish race good at long swords and spells

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
FR: High elves that are perma-confused but have +4 apt on everything because weed gives you superpowers

Hot Dog Day #42
Jun 17, 2001

Egbert B. Gebstadter

Speleothing posted:

If they're elves, make them Forest elves or zeta elves. Don't mess up the HE legacy.

Mountain Elf

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
Hill Elf

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Hell Elf :twisted:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Helf

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I'm down. Tolkien ain't got none of that.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Qualnesti elves

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Weed joke Elf

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

good to know you liked my idea

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Schrodinger's Elf

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Ogre Elf. I give no fucks about its other apts or equipment slots as long as it can use GC and GSC with +3 Mace apts.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Call them Cloud Elves!

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Sky elves with wings and beaks

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Cave Poodles.