Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Pants Donkey posted:

how does gyro even work with separated joycons?

Very carefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Cojawfee posted:

I asked this earlier and no one answered. Is it a good chill out game?

i youtubed it, got a history lesson and it seems like it might be worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC15ca1I7o

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Blah, Fry's was a bust. drat site lied to me about availability. :(

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Ventana posted:

Chiming to say that this is completely untrue @ motion controls being the only way to wave boxes fast enough to hurt enemies. I used magnet to pick up things to trample enemies with like all the time with the normal controls. When I tested just now, the only real benefit I found with motion controls was you could get a some hits slightly faster from 0 momentum, but it's a pretty slight difference if you are playing smart. You can use the analogue sticks just fine.

Hmm, I guess I should practice more then. I always just kinda lightly bump them if I use sticks.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Vikar Jerome posted:

i youtubed it, got a history lesson and it seems like it might be worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLC15ca1I7o

"More exciting than 10 American Football games taking place on the same pitch at the same time"
I want to watch that happen now.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Vikar Jerome posted:

should i play golf on my nintendo switch

Yes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Actually I am the overlord of all video games and say you should play none of them

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kashuno posted:

Actually I am the overlord of all video games and say you should play none of them

Screw you dad, I'm going to play ALL the video games!

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

How do you browse the eShop? I can only see the latest releases.
E.g. I can't find Snipperclips by browsing I have to search for it by name.

lil help please :derp::retrogames:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Click on search, press down and select search filters, and then a list of everything should be on the right.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

goddamnit my first foray into splatoon 2 has made me dig out the wiiu and finally buy the original. I am weak.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

i did it!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nerdrock posted:

goddamnit my first foray into splatoon 2 has made me dig out the wiiu and finally buy the original. I am weak.

You made the right choice. Make sure to play through the single player.:thumbsup:

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.
I put my dick into a gyro once.

It ended as you'd expect.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Pastamania posted:

I put my dick into a gyro once.

It ended as you'd expect.

Covered in Tzatziki Sauce?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I heard Splatoon updates every 5 frames? what the gently caress poo poo is that?

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
I may be a heathen and not actually get Splatoon 2 despite having some fun with the testfire and owning the original. Why? Because I feel the game suddenly got way less fun when tailored gear entered the scene and most of the weapons getting level gated and having to grind a lot to get access to just about anything. Loved the time I had with the original Splatoon testfire but interest sharply dropped after getting the game proper and I'm a bad that never got past like level 8 or 9. I am also a bumbling fool who cannot get a grip on the motion controls.

That was my story about being irredeemably bad at the squid game.

E: I also thought the 200cc added to Mario Kart 8 was dumb and bad in actual practice, hopefully deluxe manages to reduce the "the tracks obviously were not designed for this speed" feel that it had before.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 26, 2017

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

What's bad about 200cc? The tracks were all playable, and there were even shortcuts that were impossible at slower speeds. I actually can't go back now that I've played it.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

andipossess posted:

What's bad about 200cc? The tracks were all playable, and there were even shortcuts that were impossible at slower speeds. I actually can't go back now that I've played it.
Seemed to get pigeonholed into strictly using featherweights and max accel/handling setups, though conversely 150cc was all about heavies and cruisers so not really sure how that's really different. If anything, the 200cc brake was a pain in the rear end to use on just about any controller type and just awkward in general, seeing how smoothly 150cc flowed with absolutely no brake usage. (and is probably also why people gravitated towards ultralight setups to retain the "no brakes" flow of 150cc)

But to be fair, deluxe already acknowledges there was something weird with the brakes as they're turning on brake usage during drifting so that might make it a bit less awkward.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Mediocrity Goggles posted:

I may be a heathen and not actually get Splatoon 2 despite having some fun with the testfire and owning the original. Why? Because I feel the game suddenly got way less fun when tailored gear entered the scene and most of the weapons getting level gated and having to grind a lot to get access to just about anything. Loved the time I had with the original Splatoon testfire but interest sharply dropped after getting the game proper and I'm a bad that never got past like level 8 or 9. I am also a bumbling fool who cannot get a grip on the motion controls.

E: I also thought the 200cc added to Mario Kart 8 was dumb and bad in actual practice, hopefully deluxe manages to reduce the "the tracks obviously were not designed for this speed" feel that it had before.

Gear stats really don't matter until you're at A+ or so in competitive rank, so it's easy to look fresh at basically any level with whatever gear looks good. Also, the first gun you get is really good and playable at all levels of play so don't worry about not having the latest weapons unlocked

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Gear stats really don't matter until you're at A+ or so in competitive rank, so it's easy to look fresh at basically any level with whatever gear looks good. Also, the first gun you get is really good and playable at all levels of play so don't worry about not having the latest weapons unlocked
I was mostly a casual and into the roller playstyle, but dumb in sub/ult usage. I think another problem I had was I got distracted by other games around that time and the entirety of the game just kinda passed me by and now it's probably awful to get back into now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Help I can't stop playing Zelda. My current objective is to basically go the opposite direction of the main objective.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I may be a heathen and not actually get Splatoon 2 despite having some fun with the testfire and owning the original. Why? Because I feel the game suddenly got way less fun when tailored gear entered the scene and most of the weapons getting level gated and having to grind a lot to get access to just about anything.

What do you mean about tailored gear? Agreed that the weapon gating sucked but after a couple hours it's mostly just different combinations of sub/ults you're missing.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

it also doesnt help splatoon was boring after initial charm wore off. i agree with everything you just said

bef fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 26, 2017

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Seemed to get pigeonholed into strictly using featherweights and max accel/handling setups, though conversely 150cc was all about heavies and cruisers so not really sure how that's really different. If anything, the 200cc brake was a pain in the rear end to use on just about any controller type and just awkward in general, seeing how smoothly 150cc flowed with absolutely no brake usage. (and is probably also why people gravitated towards ultralight setups to retain the "no brakes" flow of 150cc)

But to be fair, deluxe already acknowledges there was something weird with the brakes as they're turning on brake usage during drifting so that might make it a bit less awkward.

I'm not sure what you mean by that last statement, since you could already brake during drifting in Mario Kart 8 non-deluxe. I used it a lot in 200cc because it was necessary to take those sharp turns without losing your drift. It's not like the two buttons are far away from each other, so I never found it problematic. There was a bug though where there was no drift-brake for the Wii remote and nunchuck for some reason.

And yeah, the character choices just happen to vary depending on mode. That in particular is just hard to balance.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I was mostly a casual and into the roller playstyle, but dumb in sub/ult usage.
Your aversion to gear and its abilities is weird then, because without some decent Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery Up on your gear, Roller playstyle becomes a lot of stop and go waiting for your ink to refill.

My biggest pain with the testfire for two is that I became so used to having those abilities on hand, so i'm used to having a decent amount more ink at my disposal with a lot less wait time in between.

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Crawfish posted:

Your aversion to gear and its abilities is weird then, because without some decent Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery Up on your gear, Roller playstyle becomes a lot of stop and go waiting for your ink to refill.
Most likely talking a bit out of my rear end as I didn't quite get deep enough into the game for the gear to have mattered. I concede that maybe it was just a "got too complex for me" sort of deal, kinda like Team Fortress 2 getting progressively off the rails from the original gameplay as the years went on.

bef posted:

it also doesnt help splatoon was boring after initial charm wore off. i agree with everything you just said
Maybe that was it, sorta felt that way.

andipossess posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by that last statement, since you could already brake during drifting in Mario Kart 8 non-deluxe. I used it a lot in 200cc because it was necessary to take those sharp turns without losing your drift. It's not like the two buttons are far away from each other, so I never found it problematic. There was a bug though where there was no drift-brake for the Wii remote and nunchuck for some reason.
Odd, heard it presented as some kind of change for deluxe, but to be fair I was probably fully burned out on the game by the time that last DLC and 200cc dropped. I didn't set aside all that much time to really learn it beyond enough to 3 star the solo GPs and put it down after that, as I couldn't get behind the idea all the online races going 200cc going forward.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Mar 26, 2017

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!

Loved the time I had with the original Splatoon testfire but interest sharply dropped after getting the game proper and I'm a bad that never got past like level 8 or 9.

Dude, ranked battle is a new world for that game and it's awesome! But you needed to stick it out to Level 10 to unlock that. (which you could argue is a bit of a grind to make it there but still so worth it)

PS - The battery life on the Pro Controller is fantastic.

Deltron 3030 fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 26, 2017

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Most likely talking a bit out of my rear end as I didn't quite get deep enough into the game for the gear to have mattered. I concede that maybe it was just a "got too complex for me" sort of deal, kinda like Team Fortress 2 getting progressively off the rails from the original gameplay as the years went on.

Partly, if you are anything like me at least, going by the TF2 example, it's harder to learn new things as you get older, even if only because you have less time and desire to put in the effort. I think to this day if I knew there were any sort of community left for TFC I might jump in for a few rounds of Dustbowl and maybe even do alright, but for TF2 enough changed that I was just like :effort: because I had sunk a LOT of hours into TFC and I liked it the way it was.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Played a bunch of rounds in Splatoon using various controller configurations.

Pro controller is probably the way to go when docked, but handheld mode is extremely playable as well.

2 joycons in each hand took some getting used to. Did alright, but not great.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

inferis posted:

There's no reason to use ad hominem attacks here

That's not what ad hominem means.

Ad Hom: You are a piece of poo poo who masturbates to anime, therefore your argument is invalid

Not Ad Hom: your argument is invalid, therefore you are a piece of poo poo

Not Ad Hom: you are a piece of poo poo

Stux posted:

edit: ^^ noted, i'll stop! i just think people are misreading me and acting very hostile towards someone simply expressing a preference so i was just trying to soften up my posts in case it was my tone that was doing it!
Nah, you post things in fact terms and then backpedal and call them opinions or preferences when you are called out on the facts being bullshit, "alternate facts", or not actually facts at all.

Music Theory
Aug 7, 2013

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

:vince:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i want to play splatoon right now but i can't because nintendo is a giant failure at beta test weekends

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

i want to play splatoon right now but i can't because nintendo is a giant failure at beta test weekends

don't play splatoon because its really bad and lovely, play something good instead

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Like:

Neo Turf Masters

Which I've been playing all day and turns out, is insanely good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i own several copies of ntm

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
It's just golf with a man who has exceptional disguises.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

An hour at a time of the testfire was almost too much for me. I think it was because it was just back to back matches, which are always high intensity and super draining. I look forward to the full game so I can chill in town, level up my lil' goo-shootin' spandex-wearin' kid, and laugh at all the charmingly cringey Miiver... oh :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

These zelda bosses are pretty bad. Theres two of them that i beat by just standing next to and hitting attack and took no damage

• Locked thread