Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Roomie and I just watched Contact and he's never seen Arrival so we're about to start that. The highlight of my night is that I just found a INDIAN RESTAURANT THAT DELIVERS SO IVE GOT MAD FOOD ON THE WAY

You should also watch The Arrival

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
GrubHub? More like FlubHub.

*tears out own eyes, Event Horizon-style*

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gonz posted:

GrubHub? More like FlubHub.

*tears out own eyes, Event Horizon-style*

where we're going, we don't need grub to hub :cthulhu:

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What are y'all having?

it's his first time, so chicken tikka masala, garlic naan, and raita

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Seeing 2001 in 70 mm tonight heck yeah fuckers

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

All of it is good so he'll be hooked.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

All of it is good so he'll be hooked.

I'm not a fan of Indian food (something about the flavor profile has just never clicked with me) but garlic naan is so, so, so loving good.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

My favorite thing about tikka masala is that while it's babby's first Indian food, it's still really loving good.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
It's a good intro and a staple. Quorma, butter chicken, chicken tandoor, pakora, biryani, samosa, galebi, and seekh kababs...yum yum.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Last town I lived in, the only 2 places to get Indian food were a trailer that had insanely short hours or a Greek place that served biryani which was weird but drat that biryani was good.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Dammit now I want Indian food but I gotta eat this drat spaghetti I made before it goes bad

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I Before E posted:

I'd like to see Jeff Bridges try a Russian cowboy accent.

I was thinking Daniel Day Lewis...

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

I'm not a fan of Indian food (something about the flavor profile has just never clicked with me) but garlic naan is so, so, so loving good.

I could eat bhindi masala every single day. Indian food has always made me think it's possible for me to go vegetarian.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I'm just relieved the new Justice League trailer makes explicit that Batman's superpower is being rich.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Dammit now I want Indian food but I gotta eat this drat spaghetti I made before it goes bad

Is it just the pasta or with meat / sauce? If it's the former, just toss it in a pan with some olive oil, hot sauce, pepper and crabmeat.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
The Justice League trailer looks pretty good for what apparently 'Marvelized' DC advertisements are supposed to look like, now.

I like what Snyder is pulling off with the tellingly more 'open' aspect ratio of 1.85, like how this quasi-sadistic world is simultaneously presented as more inviting, but actually has the effect of just exposing the crude nakedness of it further.

Which is awesome. Cyborg in particular well designed and executed. Aquaman is going to be jumping off the hood of Batman's car, shouting quips in mid-air before disappearing into the horizon fighting "parademons" or whatever the gently caress. Flash is gonna be Robin, complete with a fuller body, S&M gimp suit to complement Bruce's domineering black one.

Also, re-watching Batman Begins, this would make an excellent double feature with Rogue One.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
LIFE kind of owns. It's a perfect fusion of Gravity production value and, like, Forbidden World trash. I posted this in the greenlighted thread by accident, but the monster is Baby Groot. Not a spoiler - that's the premise.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
I live a couple blocks from a thriving Little India with a big restaurant scene and it takes all my strength not to order it or go to the buffets as often as I want to.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Haha gently caress you all I don't think there's decent Indian food in a hour of me

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

K. Waste posted:

Also, re-watching Batman Begins

Still the best of Nolan's trilogy and it isn't even close.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

FishBulb posted:

Haha gently caress you all I don't think there's decent Indian food in a hour of me

Same but with most ethnic food apart from a burrito place in a convenience store.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

Wtf is The Arrival?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

If you're in Los Angeles there's a replica of the final room from 2001 at the 14th Factory in downtown. Tickets are $13 on eventbrite and $18 at the door, and the rest of the gallery's not bad either.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wtf is The Arrival?

Wasn't that a godawful David Twohy movie with Charlie Sheen from like 20 years ago?

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Wtf is The Arrival?

It's the prequel to arrival.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I could eat bhindi masala every single day. Indian food has always made me think it's possible for me to go vegetarian.

My ex of 7 years was vegetarian and we lived by a northern-Indian place that had a daily $7.99 lunch buffet. No doubt I could and would be vegetarian if those were still my options. They also had the best food of any Indian restaurant ive been to, way better than the fancy expensive places you're most likely to stumble across.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

Wasn't that a godawful David Twohy movie with Charlie Sheen from like 20 years ago?

Actually that movie owned

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Timby posted:

Nah, it's pretty close, and I think I'd actually rank it and The Dark Knight about the same and put Rises over 'em.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Timby posted:

Is it just the pasta or with meat / sauce? If it's the former, just toss it in a pan with some olive oil, hot sauce, pepper and crabmeat.

Vodka sauce from a jar and turkey meat :twisted:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Vodka sauce from a jar and turkey meat :twisted:

Realtalk: Every time I make meatballs, I use ground turkey.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

Timby posted:

Realtalk: Every time I make meatballs, I use ground turkey.

I've been trying to eat less beef since it's like the worst thing you can eat in terms of contributing to climate change apparently. Turkey is a p good substitute for the ground stuff imo.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I've been trying to eat less beef since it's like the worst thing you can eat in terms of contributing to climate change apparently. Turkey is a p good substitute for the ground stuff imo.

The thing about ground turkey is that it's incredibly bland, so its flavor is really malleable -- you just need to season the everloving poo poo out of it. I can't do turkey burgers, but rolling ground turkey with fresh minced garlic, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper and forming meatballs, tossing them in a pan to brown and letting them finish in a slow-cooked sauce of crushed tomatoes, basil, parsley, olive oil, red pepper and onion? Heaven.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In some South East Asian supermarkets, you can find Indian curry or Thai tom yam pasta sauce.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Timby posted:

The kid in me was hoping for more Contact. Instead all I got was a little bit of boobs.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Kids hate boobs

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Kids hate boobs
I liked the boobs but I don't remember them being memorable.

Four Rooms, which came out a year earlier, however...

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
after months of netflix telling me to watch Circle i finally hit it and guess what movie's fuckin dope

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Timby posted:

I don't see the use in trying to rank three movies that are all terrible

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The nolan trilogy is the evil axis of 2000s hollywood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Catching up on Dark Archie and having Jughead's nightmare look basically like what I would have thought of if someone said "Live action Archie TV show" 2 years ago is loving hilarious.

• Locked thread