Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I found a new and inventive way to fuze the hostage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utx-NRmZUbc

why yes I was drinking, why do you ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Love that you kept shooting even after the FF warnings.

Party Plane Jones posted:

What the hell is this poo poo Hard

https://streamable.com/4i3ie

What i'm i looking at.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Looks like an Echo that fortified himself well in the bathroom on Penthouse.

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

I've been missing this game and the old wrecking crew so I'm gonna see how much has changed in the year or so since I last played.

From the first post, sounds like cheaters are finally dealt with. That poo poo was really bad around when Blackbeard came out.

Here's hoping I have enough renown for the new operators without having to contribute to PlanB's poutine fund.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The change so that Plane's windows are no longer blown out by Glaz bullets is completely undocumented. :stare:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Keshik posted:

I've been missing this game and the old wrecking crew so I'm gonna see how much has changed in the year or so since I last played.

From the first post, sounds like cheaters are finally dealt with. That poo poo was really bad around when Blackbeard came out.

Here's hoping I have enough renown for the new operators without having to contribute to PlanB's poutine fund.

Yeah hackers are all but gone nowadays.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/AngryCapitalLadybug

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

The change so that Plane's windows are no longer blown out by Glaz bullets is completely undocumented. :stare:

Wasn't that a patch or mid season ago? I know it was talked about and could swear it was in the notes.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Hard, put Ding Chavez in your stupid garbage game already. I know he's really old in the "Rainbowverse" at this point but maybe he has a wheelchair that drops caltrops or some poo poo.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Wasn't that a patch or mid season ago? I know it was talked about and could swear it was in the notes.

It's an undocumented change from when Red Crow got deployed, apparently.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Also it was fuckin dumb because murdering a glaz through a hole he made in the windows owned.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Any Glaz buff is fuckin dumb.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

Also it was fuckin dumb because murdering a glaz through a hole he made in the windows owned.

It made Blackbeard/Glaz an insane combo on the front of the plane since you could blow a window out looking into meeting and plonk Blackbeard down on it while you dealt with the front.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Jehde posted:

:same:

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Jehde posted:

From now on all under preforming operators will be buffed by adding thermal optics to their loadout

Calamari
Jul 12, 2003
If my head was on fire would you take the time to put it out ?
Just switched from PS4 to Xbox one. Could use some peeps to play with since I'm fresh to the box. GT:CERRUT0 (zero at the end)

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Calamari posted:

Just switched from PS4 to Xbox one. Could use some peeps to play with since I'm fresh to the box. GT:CERRUT0 (zero at the end)

I'm down. I'll add you a bit later when I get on. GT: Pigmy Tarzan

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

Hoo boy this is just as fun as I remembered - except there's now some kind of weird fuckery with the 'hold' option for ADS. I switched to toggle and it was fine, but while I was holding down the right mouse and strafing, I did this very noisy shuffling thing.

Oh well.

Other than that, holy crap how fun. I'm gonna jump on Discord tonight for more with whoever is on.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Going outside should detect you instantly, and outline your body entirely.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Going outside should detect you instantly, and outline your body entirely.

Once you've been peeked from outside a couple times it starts to become unbelievably predictable. Just bring Glaz.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Once you've been peeked from outside a couple times it starts to become unbelievably predictable. Just bring Glaz.

3 speed operators can just run outside and line up a headshot before they ever get detected.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Admiral Joeslop posted:

3 speed operators can just run outside and line up a headshot before they ever get detected.

That's what I'm saying. It gets predictable. Be ready for it, watch your backs.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Just played with some dumb kids. One of them who was maybe 10 (and that's being generous) went on cams and was complaining about how someone was probably shooting his camera... It was a Twitch drone shocking him while he was busy. The kids on the opposing team (custom game) proceeded to talk poo poo and tell me how they would kick my rear end. Then I went and dominated two 10 round matches and they couldn't even admit I put them in their place. Why do kids get to play this game?

Nickname Pending fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 27, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This is why we use the buddy system

Nickname Pending posted:

Just played with some dumb kids. One of them who was maybe 10 (and that's being generous) went on cams and was complaining about how someone was probably shooting his camera... It was a Twitch drone shocking him while he was busy. The kids on the opposing team (custom game) proceeded to talk poo poo and tell me how they would kick my rear end. Then I went and dominated two 10 round matches and they couldn't even admit I put them in their place. Why do kids get to play this game?

Same

Some parents need to fuckin' parent their kids already.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The worst bug in this game is the exterior drone hole in the kitchen on Coastline. If you try to turn the drone before getting to the right angle turn it will rubberband the drone back outside and it pisses me off.

SMP
May 5, 2009

Nickname Pending posted:

I think the bigger question is: why are you playing custom games with a bunch of kids?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CJ posted:

The worst bug in this game is the exterior drone hole in the kitchen on Coastline. If you try to turn the drone before getting to the right angle turn it will rubberband the drone back outside and it pisses me off.

Drone holes in general have been buggy since Velvet Shell.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

SMP posted:

I think the bigger question is: why are you playing custom games with a bunch of kids?

I just found a random group because I wanted to try Michael Myers. Of course the only ones who play that are kids.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Got the game on sale. Sucked immensely at it. Hooked up with goons (No.Free.Will is the man for putting up with my poo poo).

Got MVP on my second day with a 3-kill clutch in the MC club map. Feels good.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

What operators do you goons main the most?

I typically use Thermite/Hibana/Sledge/Thatcher for attack depending on squad needs.

And Mute/Frost/Pulse on defense.

And am I the only one who can't aim for poo poo with the pistol? That's why I never can use Blitz or Montagne.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nickname Pending posted:

What operators do you goons main the most?

I typically use Thermite/Hibana/Sledge/Thatcher for attack depending on squad needs.

And Mute/Frost/Pulse on defense.

And am I the only one who can't aim for poo poo with the pistol? That's why I never can use Blitz or Montagne.
In the absence of need to pick a specific operator on either side, I play Fuze and Mute. That almost never happens, so I play whatever feels like the missing link.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I'm the designated Hibana/Thermite (mostly Thermite now since Hibana's charges dud for me more often than not these days) in my group. Then Bandit, Mira or Frost on defense where applicable.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I try and stick to IQ,Twitch,Hibana on attackers and Rook,Bandit,Mira, and an SAS recruit with an MP5K and SMG-11

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Attack: Thatcher, Thermite, Capitao, Buck
Defense: Pulse, Smoke, Jaeger, Rook

All the operators I have more than 10 hours in each, ordered by total playtime. I don't play Pulse nearly as much since the dumb as hell buffnerfbuff, but I still pull him out the odd time.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I tend to favor: Hibana, Twitch, Fuze, Glaz lately, and Rook, Pulse, Mute, Mira.

I dabble in the others but these are usually my go to. They all have good guns, a really useful ability, or both.

When I started, it was Twitch and Bandit almost exclusively.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I play only Bitz or Echo.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I use every operator other than Tachanka at least some of the time but according to r6stats.com my most used are:

Attackers:

Buck
Fuze
Sledge
Ash

Defenders:

Pulse
Bandit
Smoke
Rook

Basticle fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 28, 2017

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

How active is this game these days? Base game is down to $12.30 right now, considering buying it.

Edit: Followup - how much DLC is actually needed? Or is it all optional?

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 28, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

How active is this game these days? Base game is down to $12.30 right now, considering buying it.

very

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Shooting Blanks posted:

More active now than at launch by a considerable margin.

• Locked thread