Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Midnight Voyager posted:

I succeed almost every time by sabotaging myself and letting the other guy steal stuff. I am generally more all-around competent than whoever is with me, so it seems to work out. Sometimes the other guy blows himself up, but that's the worst it goes.

Things I hate: Wife, YOU ARE MY APPRENTICE, how am I not spending enough time with you while we study the stars? Studying the stars is the worst.

More importantly, for SOME REASON, my game has stopped telling me when I can rank up in societies. I've reset all the message options and it hasn't fixed it.

I feel the same way about wives in Lucifer's Own sometimes. I've had the chick they sent to induct me have really good stats/traits before, so I married her. Like, this bitch has participated in orgies that involve drugs, and midgets, and goatmen, and murder and poo poo. But god help you if you have a lover and she finds out about it. How DARE you?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Honky Dong Country posted:

I feel the same way about wives in Lucifer's Own sometimes. I've had the chick they sent to induct me have really good stats/traits before, so I married her. Like, this bitch has participated in orgies that involve drugs, and midgets, and goatmen, and murder and poo poo. But god help you if you have a lover and she finds out about it. How DARE you?!

Oh god, yeah, I forgot about that, it's the worst. They should be cool with that.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh god, yeah, I forgot about that, it's the worst. They should be cool with that.

It'd be even funnier if that worked both ways. So if you tried to tell her to stop screwing some other dude, she just raises an eyebrow and goes "Bitch, please. You hosed a satyr or something last Tuesday while a midget motorboated my buttcheeks three feet away."

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Random question: does the "Leper asks to stay, there's no room in the leper colony" event every cause literally anything other than a guy who'll probably die fairly soon to show up in your court?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Midnight Voyager posted:

Random question: does the "Leper asks to stay, there's no room in the leper colony" event every cause literally anything other than a guy who'll probably die fairly soon to show up in your court?

I've never had it cause anything bad to happen, but I always assumed there was a chance of somebody else getting leprosy. Can't that event give you the kind trait? It's been a good while since I've seen that event. I like the kind trait.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

:coffeepal:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Glass of Milk posted:

I had the same, and I was so offended I reloaded and went with a holy order instead.

"I will swear my soul to the Lord of Darkness. I will defile churches and murder priests. I will sacrifice my own infant children to Satan for the sake of a paltry few more years of life. But there are limits to the depravity of any man, and sir, shagging grannies is mine!"

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Tbh, I felt the same about having my wife gently caress demons. It's different if they're in orgies together, but her being happy about going to gently caress demons was hurtful.

I thought we had a better church burning, child murdering relationship with that.

Probably why I ate that kid later on tbh, especially as he wasn't of my dynasty

what does that event btw look like when you do the unholy impregnation on yourself?

edit:

how am I not able to ask my buddies to falsely convert too

also why the gently caress can't I ask my event-jews to convert? Was landing them and converting them as a player really that much of a problem Paradox?

also why the motherfuck does the ruler designer break cheevos? I just don't want to have to restart a buncha times because there isn't an option for "don't make the chosen character hot loving garbage"

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 24, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Deceitful Penguin posted:

also why the motherfuck does the ruler designer break cheevos? I just don't want to have to restart a buncha times because there isn't an option for "don't make the chosen character hot loving garbage"

I wish there was an option where you could design your ruler but just change the dynasty and appearance but still have achievements.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I cannot believe they charged money for this sometimes. I mean, I got it as part of a package deal but lol

also my celibate didn't seem to figure out that his wife probably didn't just give birth to his kid

Well, whatever, dynasty before genetics or whatever

also holy poo poo, Jewgold makes such a world of goddamn difference; it meant that I could steamroll the dudes attacking me by hiring mercs, which paid for more mercs with some great luck from the trader focus

Dude didn't croak at the right time and I now have a dumb kid that aint mine as heir instead of my cool cousin but hey, thems the breaks. At least this run seems to have a possibility of winning?

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 24, 2017

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

My current king, now emperor, in my middle east just won't loving die. He caught and survived tuberculosis at age 70, and is still kicking at 73.

About 10 minutes after this screenshot I made the custom Empire of Mecca.

And to think, I was totally happy to stay a vassal king until I happened to inherit as this guy while he was a secret Shia.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

My current king, now emperor, in my middle east just won't loving die. He caught and survived tuberculosis at age 70, and is still kicking at 73.

About 10 minutes after this screenshot I made the custom Empire of Mecca.

And to think, I was totally happy to stay a vassal king until I happened to inherit as this guy while he was a secret Shia.
Nice!

The worst thing about being Secret Shiite is that you can't also be an Assassin. I wanna do both dangit. Would be good event fodder too

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Nice!

The worst thing about being Secret Shiite is that you can't also be an Assassin. I wanna do both dangit. Would be good event fodder too

Oh that reminds me! Literally the only thing that's keeping me from being head of the Assassins is the fact that my son and heir, who I inducted, somehow became the head before me. loving go getter, that kid.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

Oh that reminds me! Literally the only thing that's keeping me from being head of the Assassins is the fact that my son and heir, who I inducted, somehow became the head before me. loving go getter, that kid.
That's fantastic. Honestly the societies are already pretty good (though obviously not without flaws) but that's a real good solid CK2 moment

Also it feels a bit cheap, but I'm going Jewish as the Solomonids via having a Jew educate my heir. It's gonna be a lil clusterfuck getting everyone online and then another when I swear to the caliph and falsely convert but ehh, that's why I'm in the game.

Anyone have the lowdown on societies yet? I really wish there was a good wiki page yet...

also I would really, REALLY love an event for theology or something where it's likely you start a religious cult for a random religion

I just want secret Jains to erupt in Italy or something. Or your priest councillor doing it and inviting you to secretly convert instead and not just to heresies

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 24, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

You can join the assassins with Secretly Shiite but that keeps you from using the secret cult to ensure that your heirs are secretly shiite. I suppose you could join the secret cult long enough to get your heir squared away and then quit to join the assassins though.

E: I just realized the inability to do both is exactly what you were talking about, DP. Doh.

Also it feels a bit cheap, but I'm going Jewish as the Solomonids via having a Jew educate my heir. It's gonna be a lil clusterfuck getting everyone online and then another when I swear to the caliph and falsely convert but ehh, that's why I'm in the game.

You can also just keep Semien under your control by keeping it as a tributary until you consolidate more lands, then conquer it and move the capital there to convert via intrigue decision at your leisure.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 25, 2017

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Got involved in a bit of an unusual war. We've got the Catholic Empire of Britainnia, the Sunni Sultan of Africa and a few Spanish Muslim Duchies squaring off in a holy war for Catholic Barcelona against the Duke of Barcelona and his neighbour the Aztec Empire.

Background: I'm playing England 1066 start. The Aztec Empire invaded in 1076 and despite the guy that found them early being Sunni, he died of illness before the invasion commenced. He didn't have time to convert his 2 year old daughter to Sunni, so the Aztec Empire remained Aztec religion. They promptly take Aquitaine and Burgundy before the Empress dies of in her twenties of smallpox and her infant son takes over. Normal stuff so far.

Early on as England I get the event where your spouse visits another realm and you get the option to form a non-aggressive pact. Got to buddy up with a small 2 county Sunni duke in the SE of Spain. All his neighbours are much bigger Muslim dukes, so I bump us up to a full alliance. Figure I can curb the Muslim megadukes getting too big by protecting my ally and helping him chip a few counties off them. Call it a side project.

All going well, as I transition to Britannia I occasionally pop down with 10k troops to help out my buddy with adventurers. Help him grab a few provinces too.

I get another request for help, accepted it without reading and found out I'm now helping him holy war Barcelona. Checked around and the church didn't seem to care that a Christian Emperor was helping a Muslim Duke attack Barcelona in the name of Allah.

Just as I'm loading everyone onto boats, I see the the Aztec Empire's 1000 strong stack of event boats flip to red. The Aztec Empire and their 70000 event troops has joined the side of Barcelona to defend Christendom. At some point in the last two years the child emperor of the aztecs apparently jumped from Aztec to Christian without me realising.

Wondering how I can speed up losing this war because the Aztecs are still sitting on event troops, I realise I can use tainted touch on the child emperor now we're at war. Checking his court, his heir and all his vassals are still in the Aztec religion, he's the only convert. Wasn't sure if the Aztecs no longer being Christian would be enough to knock them out of this holy war once they'd already joined, but decided to give it a shot.

Gave him the flu.

Decided to save and call it there, will deal with this clusterfuck tomorrow.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006
A 12 year old Hindu Bharmin girl mystic came to my court, after making me fast and do a bunch of drugs Im immortal now, Im going to marry her to my attractive son and start the Kwisatz Haderach Project.

Welp edit: the child mystic turned immortal too, she turned 16, still locked as a child portrait, can never marry. Im 50 years old and immortal, my wife dies of dysentery, and I start to seduce the 16 year old by random event.

Gaj fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 25, 2017

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Ahahahahaha

My genius plan to have my son be educated Jewish failed because he was the only unlanded male and my dynastic Merchant republic named him heir

And for some reason I can't convert to a local religion as Miaphysite ? ugh

ahahaha their holy order has no final level power and the bonuses to devotion are all off by a decimal point

Guys, I think I found the guys they care less about than the West African Pagans

Is there no way for me to trigger them falsely converting? Is it literally only something that the player can do? Or what?

also lol the de jure capital of Abyssinia is Gondar, not Aksum

what a joke

edit edit: I savescummed ahead of time (this is ironman) and I tried something I thought might work; by making my son into a merc captain, he's now the proper heir instead of the other sucker because he technically has a title

magic

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Mar 25, 2017

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Ahahahahaha

My genius plan to have my son be educated Jewish failed because he was the only unlanded male and my dynastic Merchant republic named him heir

And for some reason I can't convert to a local religion as Miaphysite ? ugh

ahahaha their holy order has no final level power and the bonuses to devotion are all off by a decimal point

Guys, I think I found the guys they care less about than the West African Pagans

Is there no way for me to trigger them falsely converting? Is it literally only something that the player can do? Or what?

also lol the de jure capital of Abyssinia is Gondar, not Aksum

what a joke

edit edit: I savescummed ahead of time (this is ironman) and I tried something I thought might work; by making my son into a merc captain, he's now the proper heir instead of the other sucker because he technically has a title

magic

I've done the land-based religious conversion before as a Miaphysite. Make sure the person you're trying to get to do it isn't zealous and has whatever prestige/piety is required (I forget which and how much). But usually if the option isn't available, I find that it's because I didn't realize my dude was zealous. If they are take the scholarship focus and trade it for cynical via the observatory events.

I know you got your poo poo straight but just for future reference.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Oh my god this guy is never going to die. He is now 85! Is it possible for your own character to secretly be an immortal? Cause I can't think of why else he hasn't croaked yet.

edit: He finally died of old age at 86.
edit edit: Also found a bug. If you become a character who is already the Grandmaster of the Assassins, the achievement doesn't pop :(

ShootaBoy fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Mar 25, 2017

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ShootaBoy posted:

Oh my god this guy is never going to die. He is now 85! Is it possible for your own character to secretly be an immortal? Cause I can't think of why else he hasn't croaked yet.

edit: He finally died of old age at 86.
edit edit: Also found a bug. If you become a character who is already the Grandmaster of the Assassins, the achievement doesn't pop :(

My 90-year-old Basilissa with a martial score of 41, two rival skulls in her treasury, and a history of five kills in duels strangled a snake and became immortal.

Old happens!

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

I had a non-Immortal guy live to 96. He had survived his first son and his first son's son, so the Empire of Britannia went to some backwater German homosexual. The people of the isles were not happy about that.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Messing with console commands, I made my character and his wife have the same stats of Immortal, Strong, Genius, Fair, Ambitious, Lusty. The wife immediately went seducer focus. 100 years in, I check their oppinion of each other. His opinion of her is -1200 because of the affairs she keeps having and he keeps finding out about because she was his spymaster and kept finding the affairs :allears:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Honky Dong Country posted:

I've done the land-based religious conversion before as a Miaphysite. Make sure the person you're trying to get to do it isn't zealous and has whatever prestige/piety is required (I forget which and how much). But usually if the option isn't available, I find that it's because I didn't realize my dude was zealous. If they are take the scholarship focus and trade it for cynical via the observatory events.

I know you got your poo poo straight but just for future reference.
Yeah, I checked but it wasn't that he was Zealous; it was that he was in their holy society

but yeah, its always good to share knowledge about thangs :)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

My uncle is the grand master of the Knights of Calatrava. Can you grant people baronies if they're not part of your realm or do you have to invite them first to be able to do that?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
You should be able to grant land to Holy Orders by right-clicking on their grandmaster. This should also work for Religious heads.

e: But I don't think they're going to become your vassals.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 25, 2017

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

You should be able to grant land to Holy Orders by right-clicking on their grandmaster. This should also work for Religious heads.

I just wasn't sure if it had to be counties but I just granted him a barony inside the county. Will he take the vassalization offer now or will I have to declare war first? I can't check the vassalization because he just went to war a second after he got the barony :downs:

e: Seems he won't take vassalization because of a few too many negatives. I can declare war on him to claim the barony for its previous owner but I think all that will do will just kick him out and won't lead to me getting control of the order. hmmm.

Sultan Tarquin fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 25, 2017

Angstrom Gothington
Feb 19, 2007

Raise your arms in the big black sky, raise your arms the highest you can, so the whole universe will glow.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I just wasn't sure if it had to be counties but I just granted him a barony inside the county. Will he take the vassalization offer now or will I have to declare war first? I can't check the vassalization because he just went to war a second after he got the barony :downs:

e: Seems he won't take vassalization because of a few too many negatives. I can declare war on him to claim the barony for its previous owner but I think all that will do will just kick him out and won't lead to me getting control of the order. hmmm.

To get a holy order to accept vassalization you need to be an emperor, and you need to grant them a duchy title that is a de jure vassal of yours. If they are not the same culture, you will likely have to bribe them heavily as well.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Clanpot Shake posted:

I had a non-Immortal guy live to 96. He had survived his first son and his first son's son, so the Empire of Britannia went to some backwater German homosexual. The people of the isles were not happy about that.

I hate it when the game just reruns history.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

ShootaBoy posted:

This is also true if your satanspawn kid is already leading the cult of satan. Kind of annoying because they get put in charge immediately upon reaching adulthood, so to get the Birthright achievement I guess you have to make sure he inherits while a minor.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Angstrom Gothington posted:

To get a holy order to accept vassalization you need to be an emperor, and you need to grant them a duchy title that is a de jure vassal of yours. If they are not the same culture, you will likely have to bribe them heavily as well.

Fair enough. I was reading up and there are ways involving granting land, inviting the heir then pressing their claim. I figured I'd try it since the leader is my close kin but I did it totally wrong.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
why the heck isn't there an option to ask people to FALSELY CONVERT
UGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
hey man, I just want you to become an ironic Jew

*points him out to the liege lord*

JEEEEWWW!!!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Your spymaster is suspicious that a vassal has converted to Judaism just for the jokes.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

CrazyLoon posted:

hey man, I just want you to become an ironic Jew

*points him out to the liege lord*

JEEEEWWW!!!
I mean, that and the fact that your court gets filled up with jews that refuse to convert, ever, because they're ~true believers~ (what, everyone else is fake? what the gently caress is this) is just weird as hell. I even had one jewish dude that was also secretly Jewish so I could at least ask him to join Gods Chosen or whatever. I mean, maybe be able to ask your correct religion vassals to join the conspiracy and when they do, they falsely convert?

Inducting kids also being only open for a brief as hell window (why not just have different events for before/after 12?) and how easily people leave them is annoying as heck.

Chexoid posted:

Your spymaster is suspicious that a vassal has converted to Judaism just for the jokes.
"It is not that I oppose the conversion on theological grounds or in my capacity as spymaster my lord, but as your court jester"

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

winterwerefox posted:

Messing with console commands, I made my character and his wife have the same stats of Immortal, Strong, Genius, Fair, Ambitious, Lusty. The wife immediately went seducer focus. 100 years in, I check their oppinion of each other. His opinion of her is -1200 because of the affairs she keeps having and he keeps finding out about because she was his spymaster and kept finding the affairs :allears:

Five times as hated in half the time. Try harder, scrub. :smuggo:

To be fair I think I took these screenshots before they made the AI a little less bone-happy

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Clanpot Shake posted:

I was going to say this didn't get enough love but Charles died when he was 55 unless my math is horrifically wrong.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

"It is not that I oppose the conversion on theological grounds or in my capacity as spymaster my lord, but as your court jester"

Do it for ye Lollards!

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

I wrote a magnum opus and lo, it was good. But it requires 20 learning to activate so it's not likely my successors will benefit.. Oh well.

We need more societies and related cool stuff, besides the power of Satan and the pretty great anti stress potion / magnum opus of the hermetics there doesn't seem to be much to the mechanic right now

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

TorakFade posted:

But it requires 20 learning to activate so it's not likely my successors will benefit.. Oh well.

I think you'll find that's 20 learning OR being in the hermetic society. It definitely encourages you to make it a dynastic habit.

quote:

We need more societies and related cool stuff

Yes, yes we do. Get modding please :)

• Locked thread