Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my first dud draw through this entire series of events, sephiroth's gloves. oh well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

2/11, Sephiroth's SSB and Kain's BSB. Not awesome, but it's good enough for me.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Gave myself 3 pulls on this banner.

3/11 on pull 1:

Tyro's USB
Maria's BSB
Arc's Robe

Not bad! I really wanted Maria's BSB. Not sure what to think of this USB, other than that I'm glad I finally have *any* SB for Tyro to use when I'm forced to bring him along. Arc's Robe, eh, don't really care. Another medica for CMs I guess.

1/11 on Pull 2:

Red Jacket

Booooo

2/11 on Pull 3:

Seph's SSB
Dupe Arc's Robe

Meeeeh

Got one of the items I really wanted, but man I have been chasing Vaan's BSB for fuckin' ever and I'm never going to get it. Seph's OSB or Kain's BSB would have been very nice, too.

Still have not had a single pull better than 3/11. Come on Dena you dicks :argh:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hell yeah I wanted this beautiful thing. I got it in JP forever ago also in a 1/11 pull and it is stupidly good.

I'm really happy right now. :yayclod:

I feel like it's something I'd rather RW than actually take, although I'm sure it's quite good native.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
I've gave it one pull.

Maria's BSB
Vaan's BSB.
Braska's SSB.

HMMMMMMMMMMM. I think I got the good prizes in this banner, minus any OSB/USBs. Think it's worth to keep pullin'?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Went bananas with four 11-draws. Got trip white mage robe on dollar draw. Got a bunch of 1/11 but very few dupes, so not bad. Missed Maria's BSB again.

Got Sephiroth OSB, OK OSB, Seph SSB, Braska SSB. Wanted Red Jacket badly, but will have to stop on this now. Thankfully I have lots of mythril left. Will have to hope for Relm's Last Stand on banner 3 or else Nemesis is likely a no-go.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Had enough dupes where I wasn't sure if I wanted to risk 50 mythril to pull, but I did a dollar pull and got a dupe Abel's Lance!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Cosmic Afro posted:

I've gave it one pull.

Maria's BSB
Vaan's BSB.
Braska's SSB.

HMMMMMMMMMMM. I think I got the good prizes in this banner, minus any OSB/USBs. Think it's worth to keep pullin'?

Kain's BSB is nice, Tyro's USB seems like it could be very good in some situations and very meh in others, and I haven't heard anything about Seph's OSB but it looks decent enough. That's definitely a good pull, though.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Got a Sephiroth Glove and Braska Robe. While I think these were the booby prizes on this one, still not bad since I had two potential dupes (Kain and Van BSB'a). These will help shore up my 5* armor and CM synergy if nothing else.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
drat that is a nice set of heavy armor OK has.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
2/11

Vaan BSB
Edge SSB

:toot: I did want Tyro USB but Vaan BSB is great, and my first Last Stand Relic on a fire boosting armor.

Considering pulling again, but I have 4 dupes on here (Maria BSB, Arc SSB) and it'd be pulling for just Tyro USB, which has shown up on other Banner in Japan.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

drat that is a nice set of heavy armor OK has.

Yeah I'm not so sure about it. I still want his gaunts but I have everything else on the the banners so I'd be pulling for one thing and we all know how that goes.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I had allotted 2 pulls on Banner 1, with a possible third rage-pull if I got duds.

Sephiroth's OSB.
2x Onion Armor OSB.
Red Jacket.
Arc Robe.
Maria BSB.

:stare::fh:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Are there any more events dropping between now and the 3rd banner? I'm at 129 mythril right now, all dungeons and current events done, but I haven't done any of the newest raid. Trying to decide if I can risk one more pull on this banner and still have 100 mythril for banner 3, I'd hate to miss it by like 5 mythril or something.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Free pull on Player's Choice: 2/11. Cecil Burst, OK SSB. Well, at least they're not dupes, and I have Cecil's OSB already, that seems like a combo.
Mythril pull on Player's Choice: 2/11. Both dupes of Celes Excalibur. It's a good weapon, but I didn't really need 4 of it. Oh well, at least the 7* holy sword will be a regular off-synergy option.
Mythril pull on Phase 1: 2/11. Edge SSB (dupe) and Kain BSB. I am a IV fanboy and was hoping to get something for Kain, so that's pretty awesome!

This was pretty adequate, despite the three dupes. Saving the rest for Phase 4, I should be able to pull twice on it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
1/11 - got Tyro's USB, which I guess is okay? Y'Shtola is still better for me since I have all her SB's and her burst, but Tyro can sometimes be more useful because of his flexibility with gear and abilities and I now have a healing-ish SB.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

dupes are scary

but I can live with a dupe dirk and 2 +fire jackets with a pretty loving good SSB (even if it's on Edge). :toot:

now I'm holding my mythril until banner 4

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Banner 1 and the relics keep coming!

100-gems: Sephiroth's Gloves! I have his original SSB so this is nice.

50-mythril:

Third OSB in a single day. Welcome to the A-team Mr. Dark Samurai.

Edit: Here is my current SB learning team

Benthalus fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 26, 2017

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Are there any more events dropping between now and the 3rd banner? I'm at 129 mythril right now, all dungeons and current events done, but I haven't done any of the newest raid. Trying to decide if I can risk one more pull on this banner and still have 100 mythril for banner 3, I'd hate to miss it by like 5 mythril or something.

Beatrix Event starts on the 30th, so right between 3 and 4.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Edge's jacket SSB
Kain's BSB
Vaan's BSB

No dupes :toot:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

pichupal posted:

Beatrix Event starts on the 30th, so right between 3 and 4.

Awesome, thanks!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Well, theres a lot I like on this banner, but I've got two dupes on it (Sephiroth Glove and Arc Medica), and I don't really feel like taking the chance. And the Onion Knight OSB will be on the Onion Knight banner soon, where I'd be happy to get Ingus or Desch relics too. Sadly it doesn't look like the Sephiroth OSB recurs judging from the spreadsheet...

My physical dark team that I posted earlier has been doing alright, but I'm not sure how useful Sephiroth enDark into OSB would be compared to greater consistency with Bursts. Seifer is my toolbox with buffs and defensive stuff, and Leon is the second best physical Dark burst behind Shadow. Rufus is the weakest, but he at least brings Imperil and can carry mitigation. On the other hand, Sephiroth is Sephiroth, and it'd be kind of cool to get his OSB. Nice animation on it too.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I drew on this banner and got Braska's robes with his Super and OK's armour.

Onion Armor, as armour, is fantastic. It's the first 5* or more heavy armour I have, so it's being worn immediately... just not by him. I don't have Onion Knight, and I'm not in a good position to get him; I don't have anyone capable of getting to level 99 yet and I don't think I'd make him first. Plus, doesn't he require a lot of mote babysitting to get good?

Braska just seems lackluster. Like they forgot about him somewhere along the way. I've already got Raines, Rinoa and Quistis; I wasn't hurting for mages.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
$1 - 3* junk
First 11-pull, Sephiroth Gloves, Edge Jacket
Second 11-pull, Arc Robe, :woop: MOTHERFUCKIN' ABEL'S LANCE HELL YEAH! :woop:

Robe and Jacket are good, don't really care about the Gloves, but the Lance was what I was after, so I'm pretty stoked to get it. I'd have liked to have gotten OK's OSB, but I think I'll bow out here and save my mythril for the other banners.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

The only thing that stung was I already have 2 white mage robes, but Jesus I am not going to complain about 2 brand new OSBs.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I did two more draws because I WANT THAT ARMOR AND LANCE, got a second Arc SSB and Edge's Jacket, and no 4*s :negative:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Ahhh I could just barely take a pull here and still take 2 pulls on banner 3, but I dunno if I should. I really want either Cid or Golbez' BSB, so I'm leaning toward taking a third pull there instead, but man I also want these OSBs, Kain's BSB, and Vaan's BSB real bad. The problem is now half of the banner is dupes for me, including all the SSBs.

Probably a bad idea to risk it, right?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

1/11 Braska SSB

At least it's not a dupe.

I'm down to 77 Mithril, so with the Realm Dungeon grind I should get two pulls on Banner 3 by the time it pops. 4 looks great too, but since I already have Orlandeau OSB and Agrias BSB it's not quite as good as getting a chance at Raines's BSB or Sheepsong.

Infidel Castro fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 26, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ahhh I could just barely take a pull here and still take 2 pulls on banner 3, but I dunno if I should. I really want either Cid or Golbez' BSB, so I'm leaning toward taking a third pull there instead, but man I also want these OSBs, Kain's BSB, and Vaan's BSB real bad. The problem is now half of the banner is dupes for me, including all the SSBs.

This banner isn't that great if you've got several dupes. Stay strong.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Ugh bitter sweet banner 1. We hoping to do two here maybe three of pushing it. Only had Arc robe coming in.

1st pull Tyro usb and OK osb. Fairly happy. I really want a bsb or edge jacket/Braska relic.

2nd OK OSB and Arc. Gulp.

3rd pull two Sephiroth OSBs. Guh. Not the worst but I really want Vaan or Maria

My first rage pull ever: Maria BSB and Kain BSB. Thank loving Jesus.

I'd love Vaan but calling it quits here.

Saving my last two hundred mythril for banner three.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

It feels pretty cool to get to do this. :unsmith:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

3/11

Braska, Edge, and Sephiroth all SSB. Not sure how good they are, but the important thing is I'm getting Armor which should help survivability. Speaking of survivability, just found out Orbfest changed over and I now have Protecga and Shellga! :toot:

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So, dear and good friends.

Perhaps you remember me from the previous thread where I sometimes made big walls-of-:words: posts. I drifted away from FFRK for a while but never uninstalled it, and sometimes played it quietly for a while but never with real dedication. Missed a lot of events, missed the FFXIV Alf+Minfilia event which was a bit of a bummer, but oh well. I did remember that the anniversary was coming up, though, so I've been making sure to at least log in recently.

Part of the reason I drifted away was because, while I have gotten useful items in the pulls I occasionally do, I never really got the few things I truly wanted - a good SB of any sort for Terra, and the Plat Sword for Ramza (after I spent four hundred mythril fishing for it without success). Not having either of these things bugged me, and this bugging helped to make me drift away after a while.

Cue today and seeing the Player's Choice banner pop up with its free pull, along with 50 mythril for free. So, two 11-pulls and a dollar, why not. Who knows, I might get something I want.

I think, perhaps, it's time I start playing the game regularly again. :unsmith:

The real question is whether I throw some more mythril at the 24 hour banner before it goes away to try and get the Shtola hat or Onion arm (the latter of which, I've noticed, seems to be something of a meta pick or at least a meta RW due to being haste, double buffs, and instant cast commands?) but at this point I'm obviously risking quite a number of dupes of dubious usefulness, or wait perhaps for Anniversary banner 4, which has weapons for a number of characters I like. I'm more or less set for SBs (at the very least, I have things like Sentinel's and a number of sources of Haste aside from Shout and was clearing 160s even before this), so I'm a little unsure what would fill in gaps next, aside from "get stuff for characters you dig".

And of course, in case it isn't obvious: for new players or people thinking of playing, right now is a goddamn great time to get in or come back. The Player's Choice banner is nothing but big-ticket items and you're guaranteed something good, and with even a little luck you'll get a lot that's good. You only have five more hours of the banner being up, though, so make sure you get it now.

---

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It feels pretty cool to get to do this. :unsmith:

While I still feel like Locke isn't super great as a character in his FFRK incarnation, this is cool and good. :unsmith:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Vonnie posted:

I did two more draws because I WANT THAT ARMOR AND LANCE, got a second Arc SSB and Edge's Jacket, and no 4*s :negative:

OK OSB shows up in the next FF3 event in about 2 weeks along with the rest of his relics. Kain's BSB also shows up along with his OSB in the FF4:TAY event along with Ceodore's depressingly good BSB and Yang's surprisingly decent BSB.

I'd say bad idea, at least depending on who your priority is. With the dupes I'd personally say no.

It's tricky because Seph OSB and Vaan BSB don't show up again in JP so far, but same goes for Golbez's BSB outside of anniversary banners.

On Tyro USB, I don't know exactly where this came from, but we might be getting a Raid Campaign Relic Draw (link to Reddit banner details) that features Tyro USB again, which may be another option for that. I'm not sure if this is Global exclusive or it's replacing some Collab banner or something.

Quick list of relics on this banner:
Tyro USB, Ashe BSB, Rosa BSB, Edea BSB, Sabin Blink SSB, Palom MAG/RES down SSB, Fran Imperil Lightning SSB, Laguna AoE Slow SSB (he has 3 SSBs???), Edge Paralyze/Slow SB

MikeSevigny
Aug 6, 2002

Habs 2006: Cristobal Persuasion
It's not like I was getting top-tier items from the lucky banners, but at least it was something new--all I've gotten new from the Ultros/Banner 1 draws so far is an Edge SSB. But that's still pretty good! And I have an extremely sharp Platinum Sword now, I should be doing triple-strength Shouts. I'll wait till tomorrow to see if I want to throw another 50 mythril at Tyro/Maria/Vaan.

They added an XI multiplayer battle to try and get people some Vitality orbs. Helpful hint: whatever you bring, bring someone who can use Wrath and doesn't need Doom to boost damage, because you're going to be waiting around a lot and you want to be ready to spam OSBs/burst entries as soon as it's your "turn". Even on Apocalypse his stats aren't great, he just takes forever.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
This game keeps throwing banners at me jesus gacha christ. I pulled more poo poo:

Tried out Onionbro since he I got his poo poo and gave him brotein shakes. Jesus loving christ is he garbage. Back to more realm dungeons until i get souls to try something not poo poo.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

SpaceDrake posted:

Part of the reason I drifted away was because, while I have gotten useful items in the pulls I occasionally do, I never really got the few things I truly wanted - a good SB of any sort for Terra, and the Plat Sword for Ramza (after I spent four hundred mythril fishing for it without success). Not having either of these things bugged me, and this bugging helped to make me drift away after a while.

Holy poo poo I can't believe you guys used to have to put up with draws like those lol.

Hardbody posted:

Tried out Onionbro since he I got his poo poo and gave him brotein shakes. Jesus loving christ is he garbage. Back to more realm dungeons until i get souls to try something not poo poo.

Onion's BSB is arguably one of the best in the entire game, but you have to take him to lvl 99 first. Ideally also dive him (Support 5 at the very least is worth the motes). He is complete trash until like lvl 92 or something, and then his stats skyrocket for each level after that and he becomes a total monster.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 26, 2017

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Well, theres a lot I like on this banner, but I've got two dupes on it (Sephiroth Glove and Arc Medica), and I don't really feel like taking the chance. And the Onion Knight OSB will be on the Onion Knight banner soon, where I'd be happy to get Ingus or Desch relics too. Sadly it doesn't look like the Sephiroth OSB recurs judging from the spreadsheet...

My physical dark team that I posted earlier has been doing alright, but I'm not sure how useful Sephiroth enDark into OSB would be compared to greater consistency with Bursts. Seifer is my toolbox with buffs and defensive stuff, and Leon is the second best physical Dark burst behind Shadow. Rufus is the weakest, but he at least brings Imperil and can carry mitigation. On the other hand, Sephiroth is Sephiroth, and it'd be kind of cool to get his OSB. Nice animation on it too.
Seph's endark->OSB isn't much better than just chaining his endark. Personally, I think it's more useful for his enfire burst, which has some pretty good utility with it's command 1 but lacks exploit options and general power. YMMV though

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

looking at tomorrow's banner: if i already have the asura rod and zell's glove is any other of the stuff on there worth risking a dupe? i don't know anything about the stuff on there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I decided to roll an alt account on Nox for the hell of it and only did the freebie 2nd anniversary pull and one pull on the new banner and...

...yeah, so this happened. :staredog:

e: Definitely not getting Orlandu's OSB now, or if I do it'll be on this alt.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 26, 2017

• Locked thread